Cornelia Frances in DYNASTY II - Catwalk

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score

Spin-off of the equally obscure "Dynasty" (1969)
Oh gawd, that obscure show was the reason some cult on Wikipedia wanted, at some point, the DYNASTY entry to not directly take you to the famous Carrington saga but to a disambiguation page with two entries, one being that Coriolis one.

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I'd heard of the Aussie Dynasty, of course, and that Cornelia was in it. But I don't think I knew there was a spin-off.

It has a nice tone. Not too heavy, and a few snippets of natural humour. A bit like middle-years 96 or some of the post-Neighbours soaps. Corny in a crop-top just seems a little wrong, though.

It's funny how Aussie soaps used KPM stock music for their themes as well as underscore at the time. Catwalk's theme - Gala Performance by Laurie Johnson - is very strongly associated with biographical celebrity ambush series This Is Your Life in the UK.

James from London

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Tonight I was watching the episode of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em where Betty gives birth to Jessica. The receptionist looked very familiar and I became very excited indeed on convincing myself that it was Corny.

Turns out it was Yvonne from Hi-de-Hi. Which was still exciting, but naturally a little disappointing all things considered. Those features in profile are remarkably similar.

Willie Oleson

SoapLand Battles Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
biographical celebrity ambush series This Is Your Life in the UK
I used to watch the Dutch version when it was revived in the mid-eighties, but it always scored high on my cringe-o-meter. Bit of a tacky programme, if I have to be perfectly honest.
The ta-da! music, the open arms, the smiles...oh, the spontaneity.

tommie

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
Is this some form proto-Models, Inc?