Barbara Fan

Dallas Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I have always wondered how Eileen can put up all her lovers and lodgers and family in a small mid terrace

same goes for Gail with all the kids and offspring

Ans when i was still watching Corrie i always wondered where Mary stayed??

Re Craig - last time i saw him acting lessons would be of benefit!! He was annoying - Rent a Policeman!! A bit like when Martin was the only nurse at Weatherfield General!!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Really enjoyed Corrie this week, especially all the Kev & Debbie scenes, both emotional and gripping. Could have done with Abi in the same bubble so it would be even more realistic when she managed to open the door.

Pammy P

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Corrie has lost its way, nearly as bad as EastEnders - how many more prison/police/scenes can we endure! Now getting young Simon to be a county lines drug runner! Bring back the humour, we have Evelyn she is funny - we need someone like the oldies who are no longer here, like Blanche, Norris, bring back Cilla she was fun and Les Battersby.

ords

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
mary poppins
Corrie has lost its way, nearly as bad as EastEnders - how many more prison/police/scenes can we endure! Now getting young Simon to be a county lines drug runner! Bring back the humour, we have Evelyn she is funny - we need someone like the oldies who are no longer here, like Blanche, Norris, bring back Cilla she was fun and Les Battersby.
Make it in black & white and a bit grainy, that will be nostalgic to older viewers

Barbara Fan

Dallas Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound

thats why i have given up, and watched it since the 70s - bad acting, storylines, newbies and totally unrealistic now, no comedy, pathos, northern wit, the classic Corrie really does show how much it has declined and ratings too

the thing that really did it for me was Bouncing Billy bouncing off a cliff falling 100s of feet then about 3 weeks later up on his feet with his constipated look/ pained expression and the silly Pat Phelan ending

I felt guilty at 1st not watching, now i have about 3 more hours in a week and its great!! I still follow this thread and occasionally have dipped in and out of an epiosde at FWD if someone says there is something good on it but i do think Tony Warren would be spinning in his grave - Maureen Lipman is head and shoulders above anyone - her timing and delivery - and she can act, she is wasted on Corrie and should have her own series

so many hammy actors now, and the new family fall into that category and they havent quite got Covid right!! cafes, pubs, bistros, hopsitals open to all and sundry! err not here mate!! Dont they have researchers?? I know they do film in advance but they arent getting it right at all.

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree that it’s a shadow of the show it used to be but I still prefer it to Emmerdale and Eastenders. I sometimes watch the classic episodes on ITV 2 in the afternoons and am regularly stunned by how much higher the quality of the scripts and the acting was then. I agree re Maureen Lipman too, she steals every scene she’s in. There was a brief period late last year when the show seemed to have hit its stride again, at least to an extent, but it’s back to leaving me cold again. Such a shame :)

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I understand the schedule conflict with EastEnders but I am so tired of the half hour break between episodes. I didn’t even wait for last nights second episode and watched something else.

cobbles

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I understand the schedule conflict with EastEnders but I am so tired of the half hour break between episodes. I didn’t even wait for last nights second episode and watched something else.

I don't think I've watched it 'live' in a long time to be honest. Hub or nothing, generally a week of episodes in one sitting.