Coronation Street Corrie

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
David is now as bad as Nick. The two brothers are pretty vile, but very watchable. A great storyline.

Loved the line that Nick said to David, it was something like " It's me that's got the brain injury, but you with a screw loose." :D

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Steve's reaction to Amy's pregnancy was hilarious, as were the scenes with Tim, Sally & Abi.

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm sad that the writers have chosen to kill off Sylvia Cropper (off screen).

A decent character that could have been brought back in future years.

As for Amy's pregnancy, haven't we seen it all before, firstly with Sarah Louise Platt and then Faye Windass?

I ageee that it's lazy writing on the part of the storyliners.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
As for Amy's pregnancy, haven't we seen it all before, firstly with Sarah Louise Platt and then Faye Windass?

Why is a teenage pregnancy such an issue on Corrie if it's been done before?

Nothing seems to be said about repeating the story of a character going to prison for a crime they didn't commit. The show has been going for nearly 60 years, can you not see that some themes will be used again and again. It's not like history doesn't repeat itself in the real world.

Its repetitive and lazy writing.

I ageee that it's lazy writing on the part of the storyliners.

But they are writing for a whole bunch of different characters that haven't been involved in teenage pregnancy, I'm not sure I understand what is meant by lazy writing. I'd love to know more about what you're both implying.

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
All the soaps repeat themselves, it goes with what they are, but I don't think any soap has repeated any one story quite as much as Corrie has with the "let's send a female character to prison for something she didn't do" plot.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
All the soaps repeat themselves, it goes with what they are

I don't get the criticism on this one and like you say, it's what they are, its part of the attraction why we continue to follow them. With any given soap you're going to get stalkers, rapists, murderers, adulterers, teenage pregnancies, long lost family members, back from the dead, con artists and so on and so on. It's about the characters and how they deal with such a storyline.

It's a common theme with any show from '24' to LINE OF DUTY, THE MISSING to most procedural shows.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Roy and Carla scenes saved the show on Friday along with Evelyn and Tyrone. The story with Steve, Tracey and Amy was awful and some of the worst acting I have seen. Sarah why oh why did you not get between the sheets with Adam?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Tyrone is a friggin' idiot and the very highest level!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Does Rita not own part of the Kabin?

I haven't seen last night's episodes yet, but as far as I remember she co-owned it with Norris. I can't even think of a time when Rita was in a position where she needed to sell her share.

Though, what about that story with Vic Reeves? I seem to remember a part where he wanted to buy the Kabin. He was such a boring character that I think I blocked out his story.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Steve and Tracey are terrible, terrible actors. I don't know how many times within one episode she has to say 'Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve'. So annoying.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Do you know who else is awful? Jenny. Her drunk acting is woeful.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Funniest line, quite possibly ever in the history of Corrie:

'Peter your boat is on fire!'

Dev: 'I'll ring Leanne'.

:crazy:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
ty.png

"Oh my God, you're hitting on me,
Tyrone Dobbs is trying to jump my bones."

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I can't take anymore of Tracey saying 'STEVVVVVVVVVVVE' - she says his name about 20 times per episode.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Kevin refuses point blank any financial help from Sally and from Sophie, it doesn't matter how they approach it, he won't take the money.

So why the frig did he take the money from an envelope and run away with Jack without saying anything to anyone?

Carla proved she will go to any lengths to protect Roy from finding out that he started the fire on the boat.

So why the frig didn't she stick his coat in a black bin bag and dispose of it like anyone would with a bag of trash?

The writing is really frustrating at times!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I thought that Roy was exceptionally hard on Carla. I was very shocked at him.