Coronation Street Corrie

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For me, Sinead's very sad but powerful story was the best character death since Hayley succumbed to cancer in 2014.

In addition to the Yasmine/Geoff story arc mentioned by @Ome , I'm currently also really enjoying Ali's battle with prescription drugs and how this is affecting his ability to discharge his duties as a doctor properly.

As has already been mentioned by @Barbara Fan , Maureen Lipman as Evelyn is a class act and a welcome addition to the Corrie cast.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm currently also really enjoying Ali's battle with prescription drugs and how this is affecting his ability to discharge his duties as a doctor properly.
Yes, I forgot about mentioning this story too. Despite the weaker actors/characters, we've got some really fantastic actors on the show, I only hope we don't lose them.

Geoff really is a character I despise and he's nothing like the comic villains, such as Pat Phelan, Gary Windass and Rick Neelan where they're more a love-to-hate type. Ian Bartholomew playing the role is brilliant and totally convincing.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Ah, well, you should have stayed at the party BF...

From what I saw re Gemma (surely one of the most over rated characters on the show) and Chesney, Im kinda glad i didnt but will try and catch some of Daniel / Sinead on ITV player.

if you say its good then I will try and watch it. Still visit the thread just for nostalgia xx

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I loved it when Kevin started talking about Percy Sugden to Abi. Then when Steve mentioned Vicky, Karen & Becky I smiled with so much glee :D:D:D

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Seriously..!

No, really, seriously, how much more heartbreaking can Sinead & Daniel's story be?

I thought her death and the episodes leading up to that were some of the most heartbreaking scenes I've seen on Corrie and now they throw in the burglary?? I don't know how much I can take.

Still, at least we're closer to getting rid of Michelle.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
They really are getting their money's worth out of that garden, aren't they?

bbb.jpg

I mean it's close to freezing in November, yet none of them is bothered.

e.JPG

Oh, maybe it's more to do with the fact most of them don't actually have a garden...

Nah, it's still too cold to be sitting out.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
No doubt Michelle committed the burglary @Ome - just to give her a bit more drama.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
No doubt Michelle committed the burglary

And I'm sure if she was behind it, there would be a story explaining how much she is struggling with the way anyone treats her and how it drove her to burglary.

po.jpg

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Which will mean another 'acting' award.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The other night, watching Paul cry, his mother Bernie finally realising that her son had been sexually abused and the drama that followed was great, tense and filled with sadness.

Then just a couple of scenes later we see Fiz crying over her devil child - I saw Fiz crying, what I should have said is Jenny McAlpine trying to act but failing miserably.

Also, just how fuIking stupid do they think the viewers are? Was there really a need to see Jade take out a box of matches, look at them with a cartoonish sinister smile and then pop them back in her pocket - all so the writers could tell the STUPID viewers it was her who set the fire. They really, really did not need to do that.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'm really sorry but Fiz's mouth really annoys me.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Brilliant twist at the end of tonight's Corrie.

JS.jpg

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guessed this a while back. No idea why though. No clues. I shouted ‘ Yes!’ here on my own

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I guessed this a while back.
Oh, this is Fiz we're talking about, outside each episode I don't like to think anything of her and Ty or the terrible stories those kids get.

Evelyn is the only reason I pay attention to that house.

Still, though, I enjoyed the end of tonight's episode.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm really glad the wedding is over and I hope the only story left with Michelle is her selling up and moving on.

I don't believe Robert killed Vicky, I think Vicky has set it up to look like she was killed, her way of ruining Robert's life and keeping him away from ever seeing his baby.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It really, really, really friggin' annoys me when I see a scene where one character (in this case Robert) can watch and hear a conversation from across the street and down (in the case Carla & the detective).

Yet it seems more often than not, characters have conversations with other characters while in the SAME ROOM and the other characters in that room can't hear the conversation. :scream:

Or maybe, Robert has a bionic ear.

JS.jpg

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't realise there was going to be a siege at Christmas. I know Robert leaves on Christmas day, so I wonder if that will be as a result of the siege.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't realise there was going to be a siege at Christmas. I know Robert leaves on Christmas day, so I wonder if that will be as a result of the siege.

Interesting. I wonder if he saves someone and dies.

I know someone dies. I thought it might be Roy's brother and has no connection with the siege.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder if he saves someone and dies.
That would be a great soapy twist.

I've also read who Michelle sells the Bistro to and she's not happy which only makes it sweeter.

Ray Crosby, the sleazy guy who tried it on with her.