Coronation Street Corrie

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What is going on with Corrie and their repetitive stories where the detectives are chasing characters over a possible crime?

First, they went for Maria over her possibly killing Caz - even though they didn't have a body and no evidence. Now they are pursuing Robert over killing Vicky when they DON'T have a body?

It drives me mad!:a2:

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What is going on with Corrie and their repetitive stories where the detectives are chasing characters over a possible crime?

First, they went for Maria over her possibly killing Caz - even though they didn't have a body and no evidence. Now they are pursuing Robert over killing Vicky when they DON'T have a body?

It drives me mad!:a2:
I agree Corrie is going a bit OTT and Christmas day sounds bonkers.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
As soon as Michelle said she wanted to go out for a walk on her own, I knew it was setting the scene to reveal she is behind the ridiculous story of Robert killing Vicky.

I'm really enjoying the stuff between Roy & Richard.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Christmas day was a let down and ott.
Yes!

Every year I do look forward to the 'big' Christmas story and end up feeling let down. I'm glad it's all over now and we can get back to more enjoyable stories.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I hope the Jade Stape story ends soon, she is doing my head in, however, I do think it's great that it leads to Fiz losing her kids because she's a crap mom!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I really want Fiz's mouth to have a series of it's own. Loved the scenes with Evelyn barging into the doctor's surgery. That was funny and showed a lot of spunk.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I can't get enough of Corrie right no with Fiz, but only because she's starting to realise what a complete plonker she has been with Jade. I hope the police continue to investigate Fiz's part in the gun storyline.

Evelyn is playing a blinder as always and I love that in her own way, she was duped by Jade too. Not that she would know anything about John Stape.

Dev needs to leave the street, leave his kids there because they're actually interesting but he should go. All this crap about Ches & Gemma promoting Freshcos isn't going to affect his business the stupid twerp!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Angry Fiz is like some sort of Chucky doll it's so uncomfortable to watch.

Leanne's storylines continue to be totally and utterly pointless :rolleyes:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What a fantastic episode two last night was. Steve going into the bathroom, passing Paula as he looks for a bloke and then realises it was Paula all along. Brilliant, totally brilliant.

They really need to give Dev a storyline where it isn't about his vocal cords. Maybe get him wrapped up in something nasty with Gary and then Gary has no choice but to kill him off.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The actor portraying Geoff is playing a blinder, I can not remember the last time a character on Corrie pulled at my anger emotions. I absolutely despise the man, he genuinely makes it uncomfortable to watch those two characters.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I love Tim and can't wait for him to find out what a twat his dad is. I wish Cathy had hit him round the head with a hammer.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
She's brilliant isn't she @Walford Boy? At first I thought she wasn't going to be much of a character, but she's actually turning out to be really great (and nice).

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, how I laughed at Charlie when she said to Faye "I'm your step mummy"

Fiz & Tyrone have been at the centre of so many episodes this past three months, just like Chesney & Gemma, I hope, I really hope the producers give these characters a break, something like 4 months would be very nice.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
How can Jenny afford all those staff when they have about a dozen punters a night?

One thing that always puzzles me (well, actually there's 100s of things that puzzle me) is how there seems to be no hardship, everyone always has money, no one is ever claiming benefits or struggling with bills. Then when there is a need to dress up for whatever occasion, everyone has the money to go out and splash their cash for anything.

Tim needs £5000, no problem, give it a couple of episodes and he will have it.

It's like drug addiction.

Billy addicted to something - give it a couple of weeks and it will be out of his system
Ali addicted to something - give it a couple of weeks and it will be out of his system
Robert addicted to something - give it a couple of weeks and it will be out of his system

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Yes one of several things that often puzzled me during my Corrie days

How can people who must be on minimum wage or not far from it

Afford new outfits every epiosde like Sarah Platt
Drink every night in the Rovers, Dine in The Bistro and have breakfast in Roys Rolls on an almost daily basis - not too mention whatever Yasmeen called her place
Also dine out when you are a single mum and have kids - so who is looking after them now Emily isnt there to babysit?
Afford all the weddings that never happen
get a flight so easily that leaves in 2 hours

Also why so many tantrums at funerals and stomping out
Been to a lot of weddings and a few fiunerals myslef and they always go off OK!!

The one thing - well 4 actually - that made me tune out of Corrie

Lots of bad acting from an awful lot of the cast and far fetched nonsence storylines
The whole dragging on of Pat Phelan story and the absurdity of it all

and the final straw, bouncing Billy 300 feet + off the cliff and walking - oh about 3 weeks later

The time i did watch it last year - again with a stupid plot of hammy Gemma giving birth in a cable car, I did note that Maureen Lipman is way too good an actress for it, and deserves her own show, True class and a cut well above her co stars

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Fiz's mouth is ready to take on a life of it's own - it's mesmerising to watch.

I really can't wait until Jeff is found out for the scum bag that he is.