Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Given the amount of incredibly talented actors and actresses who are probably out of work and available at the moment, it seems a shame that Corrie hasn't upped it's casting budget just a little and gone for a wholesale recruitment drive.
Thank you Cobbles. I'm a trained actress and myself and many of my friends have been out of acting work during this period. This is why I get so frustrated when they bring in people fresh off reality tv who have never acted in their lives. Or stick with ones who really are dragging the programme down.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Last night was hilarious with both Tim and Mary's stories.

Then they go and move into something really bloody stupid by having three people from the same house go out and each finds a job that's on the same street they live in and all during the pandemic where the Rovers Return and Cafe will be losing custom and then we get Kirk and I'm gone...

:byebye:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
But, if they must recast the character, please don't change his personality. On Friday night he looked terrified, that's not the cocky charmer that Todd once was.
I take it all back. The actor is starting to impress me as he takes on some of Bruno Langley's version of the character. I see that cocky and sometimes downright nastiness that we've seen through the years. I also like ho she plays those puppy eyes with his mum.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nu Todd Gareth Pierce is excellent and we could see the character really coming through. Some lovely touches and very good scenes with both Billy and Todd, I also loved the scenes with Sarah and Todd.

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So, tonight another overheard conversation, this time Emma with Scott and Jennie when are lazy writers going to learn?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I’m really losing interest in the show. At least a different police woman turned up last night!

cobbles

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m really losing interest in the show. At least a different police woman turned up last night!

16 days ago?

Don't think your the only one then. Shame running up to an anniversary.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
16 days ago?

Don't think your the only one then. Shame running up to an anniversary.
Sorry what do you mean by the 16 days ago?

It’s just been really poor lately. I think the virus is partly responsible as the older actors haven’t been on set.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
For me it's been a combination on CVOVID ruining the storylines, far too much distancing with characters that live in the same house. I understand they have to do this, but it's poorly executed, there are various ways in which they could give the illusion that people living in the same house can get closer together.

Then we have the Oliver story with has dominated the past 4 weeks where there is no problem with how many visitors they have coming and going, not to mention walking into the hospital and then taking their masks off. Again, there are various ways in which they could have done this.

Despite not being popular on Telly Talk, I think Jane Danson is a fantastic actress. I don't care much for Leanne at times, but Danson always gives a great performance.

I've been moved by the story with Oliver thanks to some of the actors.

Overall, I think the writing has been lazy, predictable and embarrassing, though having actors like Antony Cotton playing himself with both Jimmi Harkishin & Daniel Brocklebank displaying some horrible OTT stuff it's never going to be fun to watch.

Plus points are the new guy playing Todd, the story with Oliver, the cohesive story, the Debbie & Ray Crosby partnership and anything with Tim & Sally.

Too many younger characters because of COVID, but they do have some little gems with the younger cast, mainly Asha, Aadi, Nina, Emma and Amy

cobbles

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm guessing with no comments for 16 days, that's kinda proving the point that it's not very good right now.

Yup that was the intended point.

I've been watching IAC. Time was we would sit down in our house at 7.30 to watch the soaps before it. Not tonight, no telly beforehand for anyone.

Can' t imagine we're the only house like that these days. Event telly / reality seems to the big thing these days. You do wonder if the soaps could be moved to an early slot in the next few years if this trend continues.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Got a text from friend at work who said I know you dont really watch Corrie now but you have to watch last nights as Jane Danson is so good

So watched last hour on ITV 2 today and she was absolutely blooming brilliant - What a performance, one of the best Ive sen in a long time

it was gut wrenching watching her give up the fight for her son and her raw emotion - and kudos all round to her, Steve macdonald, Toyah and Nicky. If there is any justice she should bag a handful of awards for it next year. She was brilliant x

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I cannot stand Leanne but I did have a wee cry last night when she was sobbing. Very hard to watch.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Sorry but Faye as a trainee manager and perhaps buying her own place?! Isn’t she like 12?!

Oh dear God. ‘Fadge’ is not potato bread in ALL of Ireland. RESEARCH people!!!!

@Alexis

Last edited:

cobbles

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Caught a bit last night - not been watching recently. The Geoff storyline is still fucking go?

Dammit.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I was watching The Darling Buds of May earlier and he was in that as well! Can’t get away from him!!!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry but Faye as a trainee manager and perhaps buying her own place?! Isn’t she like 12?!
Yes, but this was happening because sex-pest Ray Crosby was doing it to get her into bed.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The Geoff storyline is still :censer: go?

It might be because we lost so many episodes in the summer, so stories this year will be much longer.

I think it's picked up over the past couple of weeks, Ray's story is building up, Geoff's story is near a conclusion, the whole Olivier saga and the introduction to the new Todd.

Basically, anything that hasn't featured Dev, Sean, Chesney, Gemma, Tyrone, Fiz, Billy, Maria & Kirk