• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Coronation Street Corrie

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Craig amazes me. Everytime something goes wrong, there he is again. Drop your purse? Oh here's Craig. Forgot to pay for your milk? Here's Craig. Oh and I know, let's just make a citizen's arrest out of nowhere - oh here's Craig again!!!!

I am enjoying Corrie a lot more at the moment. I was shocked it was Faye that hit Adam and really hope that Gary doesn't end up in jail for it - simply because I want to see him done for killing Rick!

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree that Corrie seems to be hitting its stride again. The revelation by Faye was done well and the momentum against Gary regarding Rick is building. Craig does seem to be the only copper in Weatherfield though lol

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know why they keep throwing Craig in every scene that requires a copper
I don't know why there are starting to throw Aggie in every scene that involves a nurse
I don't know why Billy is in the show

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I don't know why Leanne was trying to fly to France in the middle of a pandemic
I don't know why everyone in Manchester seems to have forgotten Covid is still rife
I don't know why everyone keeps taking off their masks every time they are in a small room with someone else

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The actress playing Faye is turning out to be a cracking young actress as proved in her latest story, I found her even more convincing then when Bethany was groomed a couple of years ago.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'm really enjoying Corrie at the minute, it seems to have got itself back again. The only thing that is continuing to grate are the masks. Taking them off to talk, then putting them back on as you leave. I'm taking it the whole cast has been tested. This is certainly procedure for any recordings at BBC NI.

Think the Faye/Crosby story has great potential and I actually enjoyed Leanne's scenes with the doctor. I'm wondering is a little romance bewtween Eileen and Roy on the cards...

ords

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
mary poppins
Complete opposite to EastEnders. Not a mask in sight.

ords

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
mary poppins
So Simon finds Leannne apparently having taken an overdose.
Who does he call first? Emergency services? No, he calls Nick. Why?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
So Simon finds Leannne apparently having taken an overdose.
Who does he call first? Emergency services? No, he calls Nick. Why?

What is more ridiculous than that is the fact he never once went up to her to wake up up. Obviously, they are having to stick with the Covid restrictions, where the hell is their creativity in all this? If you are wanting to write a story when son finds the mum unconscious, then at least go a little further and create the illusion that he is doing what every child/person would do when they find someone unconscious.

All they had to do was see him shaking a person/prop wearing the same clothes Leanne had on. Have him sat with her and show us he is hugging her, it doesn't have to be Jane Danson, they can get family members or again, use props giving us the ideal impression.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've been fascinated by how the UK soaps have handled the virus vs how the US soaps have handled it. The masks on and masks off thing always makes me chuckle but I like that the UK soaps are set in a world where the virus exists. Eastenders has even had one of their health care worker characters (Sonia) on the brink of a breakdown because of the stress of dealing with the virus in her job. The soaps can be outrageous and larger than life but I appreciate having little things that ground them in the real world. It's one of the reasons I prefer UK over US soaps these days.

In the US soaps Covid doesn't exist.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've recently gone back to watching both Corrie and Emmerdale along with continuing to watch Eastenders. I've enjoyed the stuff with Faye turning out to be the one who attacked Adam and the position it's put Gary in. I'm also liking the new actor playing Todd. He seems to be having fun playing out all Todd's scheming. It's a shame Billy is so boring.

ords

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
mary poppins
I've been fascinated by how the UK soaps have handled the virus vs how the US soaps have handled it. The masks on and masks off thing always makes me chuckle but I like that the UK soaps are set in a world where the virus exists. Eastenders has even had one of their health care worker characters (Sonia) on the brink of a breakdown because of the stress of dealing with the virus in her job. The soaps can be outrageous and larger than life but I appreciate having little things that ground them in the real world. It's one of the reasons I prefer UK over US soaps these days.

In the US soaps Covid doesn't exist.
Although not a soap, Grey's Anatomy has intergrated the virus into the current storyline in a big way.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Although not a soap, Grey's Anatomy has intergrated the virus into the current storyline in a big way.

I was specifically referring to the four US daytime soaps, which have completely ignored the pandemic. However, I wasn't aware of any US shows that had addressed it so it's interesting to note that Grey's has. Thanks for that!

cobbles

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was specifically referring to the four US daytime soaps, which have completely ignored the pandemic. However, I wasn't aware of any US shows that had addressed it so it's interesting to note that Grey's has. Thanks for that!

Honestly ignoring the pandemic sounds far better an option than trying to fit a soap opera around restrictions that are the complete antithesis of the premise.

ords

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
mary poppins
Honestly ignoring the pandemic sounds far better an option than trying to fit a soap opera around restrictions that are the complete antithesis of the premise.
You've got your wish then. Tim & Faye moving to Spain !!! Never mind travel restrictions & Brexit.