• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

DALLAS 40th Anniversary Articles ...from different magazines.

DALLASguy

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here are some Dallas 40 articles from german magazines

03C22AD2-CE88-46EC-9E41-59D393C0913E.jpeg
FD21389C-668A-4F06-9327-5015B5DED34E.jpeg
BB4365E6-20B7-4601-9DC8-809805695146.jpeg
B9A6772E-8464-4C18-99B4-5B5E30A88143.jpeg

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
oh how I miss German (and foreign) magazines, I bought so many in the 80s from a bookshop in town (no longer there) and it was great as german ones were full of Dallas cast and had great photos not seen in UK, das Neue Blatt, Post, freizeit revue, Frau im spiegal et al , it was great!

Sadly in UK the only article i have found was a tiny snippet of Patrick Dufffy with his (awful) pony tail!

Fraid Dallas doesnt make the news over here any more apart from a 2 page spread on where are cast now!

in 1980s I always wished i was german and that I could understand it all!! my pocket dictionary was well used!

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for sharing. It's great to see that Dallas still gets so much attention in the German press. :)

K

Karin Schill

I also studied German in Junior High and High School. So for 6 years totally.
But unfortunately once you stop using a language you tend to forget it. :(

So I can only speak a little German. But luckily I still understand a lot of German and the best way for me to learn it was actually to watch "Dallas auf Deutsch" on ZDF when I was in High School.
I think I watched about three or four seasons dubbed to German and it helped me learn the everyday expressions and since I already knew what the show was about I didn't miss any of the plot either!:D

Ray's Lady

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So nice to see that so many German magazines wrote about the anniversary. I completely forgot to look for magazines at the newsstand. So thanks for posting the articles.
10 years ago there were also lots of articles about the 30th anniversary.