• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas in the 90's

K

Karin Schill

Meanwhile in the kitchen were Miss Ellie and Teresa preparing dinner. Teresa took out the French frites from the oven and Miss Ellie said, “Well I think they’re done now!”

“Yes ma’am,” Teresa said.

Raoul came in saying, “The sausages and hamburgers are done now ma’am!”

“Perfect timing then we can eat!” Miss Ellie smiled. “Now where did we put those paper plates?”

“They are on the table ma’am, with the plastic cups,” Teresa said.

“Good, and the soda?” Miss Ellie asked.

“In the refrigerator, should I take it out?” Raul asked.

“Yes please,” Miss Ellie said. “I go and announce that dinner is ready.”

However before Miss Ellie could step out of the kitchen JR and Sue Ellen came walking in. JR said, “Hi mama, you wanted to see us?”

“No but your timing’s perfect. Dinner’s ready so can you please tell the children to go out on the patio?”

“Certainly Miss Ellie,” Sue Ellen said before she turned to JR and said. “I smell a rat!”

“Well let our boy have some fun, he’s young!” JR reasoned and Sue Ellen sighed.

K

Karin Schill

John Ross and Paula were sitting in a sun chair outside by the pool, eating their hamburgers and drinking punch when the other party guests started to come out of the house. Paula sighed looking at them queuing up for their food before she exclaimed, “Oh my God, where have we ended up?” Paula frowned, “Nerd-land!”

John Ross looked over towards them and said, “Yeah I know, I pity Chris for going to school with them for four years.”

“Yeah talk about a bad high school experience!” Paula and John Ross exchanged a smile. “So are you done?”

“Well I was thinking of having another hamburger,” John Ross said. But then he caught sight of his parents coming out of the house and quickly changed his mind. “But I just lost my appetite!” John Ross added. “So you wanna take a walk?”

“Sure,” Paula agreed. They got up and walked around the corner of the house.

“Geez, finally some privacy, those geeks are so annoying!”

Paula moved closer to John Ross putting her arms around his neck saying, “Definitely, but why talk about them?”

John Ross wrapped his arms around her waist and said teasingly, “Well what would you like to talk about then?”

“Who says I wanted to talk?” Paula said flirtatiously and they exchanged a smile before John Ross kissed her. As they came up for air Paula said, “So since this so called party blows how about going back to my apartment?” Paula gave John Ross a look.

“I’d love to,” John Ross said and Paula smiled but her smile faded as he went on, “But I can’t.”

“No?” Paula asked nibbling on John Ross neck. “You know we could have a lot more fun back at my place!”

John Ross sighed, “I know but I’ve kind of promised Chris I’d stick around here ‘til the end of the party.”

Paula sighed too. “Great so we’re stuck in nerd land!”

John Ross pulled her closer and said, “Not necessarily…I mean I did tell Chris I’d stick around but I never said where!” John Ross raised an eyebrow.

Paula smiled, “Good thinking, where’s the bedrooms?”

John Ross bit his lip, “Um…we didn’t get the key to the bedrooms…But there is a barn over there…” John Ross pointed towards the other building, located on the other side of the paddocks, “Unless you don’t mind a little hay!” John Ross raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t mind anything with you,” Paula said in a husky voice.

John Ross gave her a kiss and said, “Then come on. Let’s make this an actual fun party!” he smiled flirtatiously at her as they walked off towards the stables with their arms wrapped around each other.

K

Karin Schill

Meanwhile over by the patio, Pam handed back the head of the Daisy Duck costume to the teenage girl and said, “There you go!”

“Thank you Mrs. Ewing, it’s impossible to eat in the costume,” the girl said.

“I can imagine!” Pam replied.

“Me next,” the guy dressed as Donald Duck said.

Pam forced a smile and sighed, “Sure, where’s the zipper?”

K

Karin Schill

Ray and Donna were standing at a high table by the pool eating their hamburgers and sausages. Ray asked, “So when was your meeting with Packard?”

“Tuesday,” Donna replied.

“Wanna have dinner in town afterwards?” Ray asked.

“Ray Krebbs are you asking me out on a date?” Donna flirted.

“Well we both gotta eat,” Ray said.

Donna laughed, “Sure I’d love to!”

“Great,” Ray smiled. “So…”

Ray was interrupted by one of the party guests who came up to them and said, “Excuse me, but when are you guys gonna sing tonight?”

“What?” Ray exclaimed.

“Well I’d like to wish a song. I’d like you to sing I’ve got you babe. It’s my favorite song. My parents used to play it to me when I was little and…”

Donna and Ray exchanged a look and tried to keep from laughing. Apparently this Sonny & Cher fan hadn’t grasped the concept of a masquerade. Since she seemed to think that she was talking to the actual Sonny and Cher.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin!:) I still enjoy reading your story daily even though it has been very quiet in here recently :):(

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Sanda. I really appreciate it. :)

I do agree that it's gotten very quiet around here in the past week and I don't know if it's because everyone's fallen behind with the story or if it's because it's too centered on the masquerade plot and nobody's interested in reading about that... :NI:

Do let me know which one it is, since any type of feedback is always appreciated.

Okay so here's tonight's update:

Bobby sat down next to JR, who was seated by the kitchen table indoors, eating his Hamburgers and sausages. He said jokingly, “Hey are you hiding in here so mama won’t see all the junk food you’re stuffing in your mouth!”

“Something like that,” JR said. “Have you seen Sue Ellen?”

“No not since before dinner,” Bobby replied.

“Good, she’s almost as bad as mama, you know?”

Bobby laughed, “Well don’t be too upset. It just shows that she still cares about you!”

“I hope so,” JR said. “So what are you doing in here?”

“Getting some peace and quiet, Christopher’s guests are driving me up the wall!” Bobby complained. “Can you believe that Pam is actually taking off heads off Disney costumes?”

JR laughed, “Serves her right for allowing the masquerade!”

“True,” Bobby laughed. “But speaking of costumes, what happened to your wig by the way?”

“Damn thing itches,” JR said, pulling a hand through his natural hair.

Sue Ellen, who had just come in through the door said, “Yeah tell me about it.” She scratched her head. JR and Bobby exchanged a look, as Sue Ellen put down her plate at the table and sat down next to them. Then she noticed JR’s half eaten plate and said scolding, “JR Ewing is that what you’re having for dinner?”

Bobby laughed amused and JR said, “Told you!” Before he also started laughing and Sue Ellen looked questioningly at the brothers, not getting what was so funny.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I haven't caught up completely again yet, but I have been skim reading the updates and will have comments soon enough :)

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for letting me know Miss Texas 1967. I'll look forwards to read your comments. :)

Back outdoors, over by the serving table was Miss Ellie overlooking the bringing out of the cake. Raoul put down the big chocolate cake with vanilla frosting on the table and Clayton said, “Mm, Ellie that sure looks delicious!” Clayton smiled. “I do get to eat it this time, right, no carrot?”

“No carrot cake, tonight we’re only serving chocolate!” Miss Ellie smiled.

“Alright,” Clayton smiled.

“Oh no!” The girl dressed out as the Easter Bunny exclaimed. “I’m allergic to chocolate!”

Miss Ellie looked concerned, “Oh dear, I’m so sorry to hear that. Teresa, can you please see if we have any carrot cake left?”

“Grandma, get real carrot cake?” Lucy frowned. “Give the girl some ice-cream at least!”

“Carrot cake would be fine ma’am,” the Easter Bunny said.

Lucy looked surprised, “Really?”

“Yeah it’s healthy!”

“Well it’s your choice!” Lucy rolled her eyes before she turned to Mitch, “Teenagers these days!”

“Yeah tell me about it,” Mitch said. “I’m glad my niece is so much easier looking after.” Mitch looked around before he went on. “Speaking of which, have you seen the little Jeannie?”

“Yeah she’s over there, having dinner with her dad and friends!” Lucy smiled.

“Oh goodie, Afton will be so thrilled to hear that!”

K

Karin Schill

In Philadelphia at the Badeau mansion, was the Baron’s sister Elizabeth just finishing a long speech to honor her brother. “And finally please join me in a toast for my darling little brother on his 70th birthday.”

Everyone raised their glasses and toasted to the Baron before they sipped on their drinks.

“Well that was a long speech, I feel like I know your father a lot better!” Afton said sarcastically.

“I’m glad, but not surprised. Aunt Elizabeth has always been an eloquent speaker,” Mario replied.

Afton lifted an eyebrow as he’d clearly didn’t pick up on her sarcasm, “So are there any more speeches tonight?”

“I’m sure of it, my father’s a very well respected man,” Mario said.

“So I’ve noticed,” Afton said when the servants came in carrying plates with the main course. “Oh goodie, here comes the ducks!” Afton sighed and Mario gave her a stern look.

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
No offense, but are we almost done with the party? I feel like it is beginning to drag with a lot of filler scenes, and I can't stand how Christopher's guests are thought of by the others. Can you at least PLEASE make something bad happen to Paula!? She is such a b**** judging a bunch of kids like that just because they aren't "cool" bimbo sluts like she is. I mean, they were told that the party was a freakin' MASQUERADE, so how is it more odd that they kept their faces hidden with disney costumes? Last I checked, a masquerade doesn't equal nurse and cheerleader outfits (probably slutty-looking ones, too). So Paula needs to stop pretending that she is superior to everyone else. Someone needs to knock her down a few notches, because for someone who is going to be a med school graduate, she sure is stupid. She doesn't even know that she's screwing a kid and still can't put the pieces together that John Ross is a Ewing. Please, just make her get arrested for statutory rape or something and end her scenes. Even the Martha stuff is welcome (even great) compared to her. (I did like the Ray and Donna scene at the party, though).

Afton seems to be losing her patience with Mario and his family. I have a feeling that she's going to say something that is enough to cause a scene with his family, and that might be it.

Please, more Katherine stuff, Karin! It's been so long since I've seen her in this that I can't remember when it was! Was it last summer?

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Presea.

Also no offense taken, I asked for feedback and I appreciate your honesty. The masquerade has become to drawn out. I get it. So yes you will be happy to hear that the Masquerade is starting to come to an end. Also to speed things up a bit I will do a couple of double posts...

Also don't worry Paula will get what's coming to her... ;)

I'm glad you think that the Martha stuff is welcomed when compared to the Paula plot.
Also Katherine's plot is on the back burner right now but trust me she will be back. There is some stuff coming up that I think you are going to like. :)
Oh and the last time we saw her was in episode 8 and now we are on episode 11. So if it would be a week in between each episode it wouldn't be a long time ago but considering how I post a scene at the time I agree that a lot of time has passed.

Back at Southfork, Cliff was sitting at a table with Becky, Rebecca and Margaret when Pam came to sit with them and said, “Thank God that was the last head!”

Cliff laughed, “Having fun sis?”

“Hysterical,” Pam replied. She pointed at the fangs on the table, “Can’t eat with your fake teeth?”

“Ha, ha, the burger gets stuck in the damn thing and it tastes plastic!”

“Mommy when can we have cake?” Rebecca asked, as she pointed at the big cake at the serving table.

“When you’ve finished your burger,” Pam replied.

“But I don’t want anymore. I want cake!” Rebecca whined.

“You’ll get cake, when you’ve finished your dinner,” Pam insisted.

Rebecca picked up her plate and scooped over the half eaten Hamburger on Cliff’s plate and said cheerfully, “Finished!”

“Eww!” Becky wrinkled her nose and Cliff looked surprised.

Margaret’s eyes widened as she exclaimed, “Rebecca that was not polite!”

Rebecca shrugged her shoulders and Pam said, “Rebecca apologize to your uncle Cliff!”

“What for?” Rebecca asked.

“My God, sometimes you’re such a princess!” Becky said.

“Yes I’m Belle,” Rebecca smiled and Becky and Margaret sighed.

Cliff turned to Pam and said, “Jeez talk about a time warp, she sure is your daughter!” Cliff and Pam laughed. “Remember that time at Aunt Maggie’s when…”

K

Karin Schill

Back over by the serving table, Clayton pulled up his hands and called out, “Boy and girls, may I have your attention please?” Clayton asked. “It’s time for cake!”

“Yippee!” Most of the guests and the children screamed, whereas they jumped up and ran towards the serving table.

Mariah turned towards Christopher and said, “Don’t you want to blow out the candles?”

“Nah,” Chris shook his head. “I did that on Monday on my actual birthday!”

“Oh, so your birthday’s not today?” Mary asked.

“No but I guess we’d better go over towards the cake, since I’m supposed to cut it and I don’t know how long grandpa can hold back the crowd!” Christopher said jokingly and Mary and Mariah giggled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Thanks, Karin. I get the feeling that the only thing that made the party feel like it is dragging out is Paula, and I'm assuming she is a character we are not supposed to like. Maybe she needs a little push into the Southfork pool? XD I know that it was wrong, but I could not help finding Rebecca's tactic to "finish" her dinner as funny. XD

One thing I like about the Martha stuff is that Randy had an idea that something was off, and this could be a chance to make him be a hero. Funny how I hated him at first, but over time, you actually made him a character that I care about! If they had ever continued the old Dallas, I could actually see him in it with Charlie now.

I checked the posts last night, and the last date for Katherine was August 28th. So thank you for continuing to remind me that it will be well worth the wait!

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for your feedback Presea. I really appreciate it. :)
Oh I love your idea about Paula taking a little swim in the Southfork pool. I guess it has been quite a while since the last time someone was pushed into it...:giggle:

It's okay Rebecca's way to finish her dinner was supposed to be funny! ;)

I'm really glad to hear that Randy has grown on you and that you like him now. :)

Okay so it's time for tonight's update:

Over by the barn were John Ross and Paula up in the hayloft. John Ross pulled up the zipper in his jeans. Paula turned towards him and said, “Can you zip up my dress?”

John Ross took the zipper saying, “Sure, but I enjoy pulling it down more.” John Ross grinned before he reluctantly pulled it up.

Paula turned towards him, running her hands over his bare chest, “Me too!” Paula replied flirtatiously and they exchanged a kiss.

After they’d parted John Ross said, “Well I guess we better get back.” John Ross picked up his shirt.

“Yeah I guess we better,” Paula sighed, “But as soon as this masquerades over let’s continue our party at my place, okay?”

John Ross turned towards her and smiled, “As soon as the geeks leave I’m all yours for the rest of the night!”

Paula smiled, “Love that idea!” They exchanged another kiss.

K

Karin Schill

Back at the party had the crowd gathered inside of the living room. Christopher clapped his hands and said, “Okay listen up everybody it’s time for a little game.”

“Oh what are we gonna play?” Bam-Bam asked, as people sat down in a ring on the floor.

“Ring around the rosy?” The boy dressed out as Super Mario asked.

Christopher frowned, “God no! Spin the bottle!”

“Oh,” some of the guests said, as other looked like question marks.

“Mariah, why don’t you tell us the rules of the game?” Christopher asked.

“Sure I’d be glad to,” Mariah agreed before she went on explaining. “The one who spins the bottle have to kiss whoever it lands on. Got it?”

“Does it have to be on the mouth?” The witch asked.

“It’s up to you!” Mariah said. “Is everyone ready to play?”

At that moment the kids came walking into the room and Rebecca said, “Yes, what are we playing?”

Christopher sighed, “Spin the bottle!”

“Oh my favorite game,” Rebecca beamed. “I’m gonna make someone crawl around the entire room!” Rebecca, Margaret and Becky sat down.

“That’s not the rules we’re playing with,” Mariah said.

“It’s not?” Rebecca asked.

“No so beat it, unless you’d want to get kissed!” Christopher said.

Rebecca, Margaret and Becky looked at each other and wrinkled their noses before saying, “Eww!” The kids got up and walked over to the refreshment tables. Where they sat down, and started eating some snacks while watching the teenagers.

“Does your little sister and her friends, have to stare at us?” The punker asked.

“Be glad it’s not the grandparents,” the nurse said, just as the door opened and in came Miss Ellie and Clayton.

“Careful what you wish for,” Pebbles said.

“Oh great,” Mariah sighed, as the rest of the adults also entered the room. “Okay well, let’s the games begin then and how about doing the PG version after all?”

“Sounds good to me,” Christopher agreed.

“Good, then let the birthday prince begin!”

“Okay,” Christopher said, “The one who the bottle points to have to do the moonwalk!”

“Oh,” said the crowd and Rebecca, Margaret and Becky hurried to sit down in the ring, before Christopher spun the bottle…

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin. :)I still enjoy reading your story daily even though I am not a huge fan of your current storyline involving the masquerade party to celebrate Christopher's birthday. :):(

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for the feedback Sanda. :)
Well you'll be happy to know that the masquerade is coming to an end very soon...

Here's tonight's update:

Paula and John Ross were walking back from the stables with their arms around each other. Paula said, “So I was thinking, since I’ve got a week off work, before school starts, how about if you and I head over to Vegas for a few days?”

John Ross raised his eyebrows. “Vegas?” John Ross looked surprised. “You wanna go to Las Vegas with me?”

“Yeah well it’s an exciting city, we could go see some shows, gamble a little and…”

“Honey I can’t gamble, remember I ain’t 21?” John Ross reminded her.

“Well then why don’t you’ll let me do the gambling for you?” Paula asked flirtatiously.

“Sounds good, but…um…” John Ross started to sweat since he knew very well that he couldn’t go to Vegas unless he had his parents’ permission to do so. But since he couldn’t tell Paula that he kept stalling, “let me think about it, ok?”

“You don’t like Vegas, I mean we could go somewhere else…”

“No, actually I’ve never been to Vegas. So I’d love to go there but…”

“You think it’s too soon to go away together?”

“Uh…no but…” John Ross thought of his parents and said, “Let me think about it okay?”

“Okay,” Paula said. “But let me just give you a little taste of what Vegas could be like…” Paula gave John Ross a heart stopping kiss before they entered the house.

“Oh I like Vegas!” John Ross smiled, before they walked into the living room where they were met by the sight of the Teenage Ninja Mutual Turtles crawling around the floor, as Rebecca clapped her hands. “Oh great, back to nerd land,” John Ross sighed.

“Yeah, let’s hope they leave soon so we can get out of here,” Paula said and they exchanged a short kiss.

“I couldn’t agree with you more,” John Ross smiled, thinking of the wonderful night ahead. However as they pulled apart John Ross saw something that made the blood in his veins freeze. Shit my parents are not wearing their wigs anymore! His face was drained of all color, since he knew it was only a question of time before Paula would notice, who his parents were. He tried to pull Paula out of the room but it was too late as she had already spotted them.

Paula stopped dead in her tracks. She stared at the man in the old 1800’s costume who looked familiar somehow. A look of shock came over her face as she realized who the man was, “Oh my God that’s JR Ewing!!!” Paula exclaimed.

John Ross made one last desperate try to avoid the disaster ahead. “No it’s not. You’re mistaking.” However he realized the game was up as he saw Paula expression changing from shock to anger.

Paula folded her arms in front of her chest, “Yes it is!” Then she turned towards John Ross and slapped him across the face screaming, “You lied to me!”

The room went so quiet you could hear a needle drop and everyone turned to stare at them.

John Ross rubbed his cheek before he tried to stop Paula from leaving. “Paula!”

“Don’t touch me!” Paula broke free from his arms. “You’re nothing but a liar John Ross. Nothing you said was true. You’re not nineteen, you don’t have a car and your last name isn’t Shepard. It’s Ewing. God you’re sixteen and you’re JR Ewing’s son!”

“Paula please let me explain…”

“No this was a mistake,” Paula pulled her hands though her hair, pulling out a stay of hay doing so! Paula stared at the hay before saying, “My god I can’t believe I’ve slept with you!” The people in the room looked shocked, as Paula turned to leave.

John Ross hurried after her calling out, “Paula I’m sorry….Paula!”

Sue Ellen turned to JR and gave him an angry look as she said, “Congratulations he really is your son!"

K

Karin Schill

John Ross caught up with Paula out on the driveway, just as she was about to get into her car. “Paula stop!” He grabbed a hold of her arm stopping her from going. “Look I’m sorry!”

Paula span around facing him, “Sorry?!” Paula exclaimed and John Ross felt a little guilty, as he could see the tears shining in her eyes. “You really think that cuts it?”

“I don’t know what else to say…”

“John Ross you’ve been lying to me!”

“I know and I’m sorry but if I’d told you who I was you’d never given me a chance!”

“Damn right I wouldn’t!” Paula yelled, as she turned to leave but John Ross once again stopped her.

“Look Paula. I’m really sorry I lied but…don’t go. We got a good thing going here.”

“Oh I bet you think so,” Paula said. “After all an older woman puts out more than girls your own age, don’t they?” Then she looked horrified as the whole truth dawned on her. “Hang on…you’re sixteen!” Paula covered her face with her hands in embarrassment saying, “My god, I broke the law sleeping with you!”

“Paula come on nobody cares about that,” John Ross said striking his hand over hers. “It’s not like we did anything I didn’t want to do!

Paula shrugged back. “You’d better hope nobody cares. Now I get why your mom was so interested in my age!” Paula shook her head, “How did I end up in this mess?”

“Paula look can’t we just start over I mean…”

“Oh you’d like that, wouldn’t you?” Paula interrupted him. “Get this through your head, we are through!” And with that Paula got into her car and drove away, leaving John Ross looking crushed.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Silvie. I'm glad you found the updates excellent. :)
Then again I guess most everyone is happy to see Paula dump John Ross, or?

Inside the house had the party come to a halt as people were gossiping about what just had happened. Mitch said, “I can’t believe what a liar your cousin is!”

“Well I told John Ross it would never work!” Lucy sighed. But then she started to giggle as something just occurred to her, “But you’ve gotta admit that it’s pretty funny that they were fooling around in the barn that’s so…”

“You!” Mitch finished the sentence.

“Yeah it sure brings back memories…” Lucy laughed and they exchanged a smile. “Oh and don’t look now but here comes trouble…” Lucy nodded towards John Ross, who had just entered the hallway and was about to sneak up the stairs.

But he didn’t make it that far as Sue Ellen spotted him and called out, “John Ross!” Sue Ellen walked up to him.

John Ross turned around, looking angry at her, before he said bitterly, “Well Paula’s gone. Thanks a lot mama, you’ve just ruined another one of my relationships!”

“Hey don’t blame me for your lying, you’ve brought this on yourself,” Sue Ellen argued.

“I wouldn’t have had to lie if you hadn’t done that damn movie!” John Ross yelled. “So this is all your fault!”

“John Ross don’t blame your mother,” JR, who had just walked up to them, came to Sue Ellen’s defense.

“Fine take mama’s side. She’s embarrassed you too, you know!”

“No as far as I’m concerned this is Lockwood’s fault, not ours!” JR insisted.

“Well she married the idiot and the movie was her idea!” John Ross yelled. “Thanks a lot mama!” And with that John Ross turned around and ran up the stairs. Sue Ellen sighed and JR put his arm around her shoulders for support. Inside of the living room, everyone was staring at them, as they had overheard the whole conversation.

“Well that’s it folks, the show’s over, so it’s time to go home!” Lucy quipped in an attempt to lighten up the tension in the room.