• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas in the 90's

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Yes! The end of Paula! Despite how stupid she was about everything, she did have a point about John Ross lying to her. He did this himself, and now he has reached new lows by blaming Sue Ellen for this. I'm glad that JR stuck up for her. This was not the parents' or Don's fault. While I did not agree with JR basically encouraging the relationship and Sue Ellen sort of just sitting on the sidelines about it, John Ross himself is the one who actually makes these choices and basically just blames other people when things don't go the way he wants them to. This kid is spoiled brat who is probably starting down an even worse path with women than JR did.

Lucy's comment about the barn: OMG, she did NOT just say that! LOL! Fond memories up in the hayloft with Uncle Ray, huh?

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Presea. I thought you'd be pleased to see Paula get hers! :giggle:
I agree with you that John Ross is acting like a spoiled brat and yes he brought it on himself by lying to Paula. It was wrong and hopefully he will learn his lesson.

Lucy's comment about the barn: OMG, she did NOT just say that! LOL! Fond memories up in the hayloft with Uncle Ray, huh?

:laugh1: Honestly we didn't mean it like that when we wrote it!
I mean we saw Lucy fool around with Eddie in the barn at a BBQ in season 8 (DVD) so we just figured it was probably just a recurring pattern for Lucy to fool around in the barn. Maybe she even did that with Mitch even though we never saw it on the show. So the remark was more in reference to that than to anything she and Ray did.

Okay so moving on to tonight's update:

At Wades house. Charlie and Randy were sitting in the living room watching a movie when Jenna came in with a tray. “Okay here’s the snack,” Jenna said and put the tray down on the table. “Randy here’s your coffee.”

“Thank you Jenna,” Randy took the cup Jenna handed him.

“Charlie tea,” Jenna said and handed another cup to Charlie before she picked up her own tea cup and sat down in a chair. “So have I missed anything?”

“Nope, still commercial,” Charlie said and looked over at Jenna, who had a smile on her lips. “What?”

“Nothing,” Jenna said. “It’s just so nice to have the two of you here tonight and not out somewhere.”

“Well I didn’t want to go out. I’m nervous enough about starting work Monday I don’t want to be tired as well,” Charlie said.

“Darling don’t worry you will do fine,” Randy reassured her.

“I hope so. This will be the first time I’ll be teaching on my own,” Charlie reflected.

“Didn’t you go out as an intern while you were in school?” Jenna asked.

“Yeah but then the other teachers were always there,” Charlie said. “Now I will be all alone and in charge of a home room class!”

“And it will go fine,” Randy said. “You will be the best liked substitute teacher in the entire school.”

Charlie smiled, “Thanks. It’s just so weird. We use to go to high school there and now I’m coming back as a teacher!” Charlie frowned. “But I will be fine. I mean I’m mostly gonna teach history, Spanish, English and Italian and I know all of those…”

“Darling stop worrying,” Jenna said. “You will do fine. Just make sure not to show up late.”

“Oh I won’t,” Charlie said and turned to Randy. “By the way thanks again for my new car!”

“Oh no worries, you need one of your own if you’re gonna get all the way out to Braddock and back,” Randy said.

“Isn’t he the best?” Charlie smiled before she kissed Randy. Jenna smiled at them.

“So Jenna, how does Lucas feel about starting a new school?” Randy asked.

“Oh he’s okay,” Jenna said. “I think it will do him good to get some new friends.”

“So you are planning to stay in town then?” Randy asked.

“Well for now,” Jenna said. “But either way he needs his education.”

“Yeah he sure does,” Charlie said. “By the way mom don’t you think it’s time you actually talked to Ray…”

“Yeah I know. I figured I should go out to Southfork on Monday,” Jenna said. “Then we’ll see what happens from there!”

K

Karin Schill

At Southfork, Christopher was standing talking to Mary in the hallway as she was about to leave. Her friend Mariah was waiting outdoors talking on her cell phone. They were the last of the party guests to leave. “I’m so sorry the party was so failed. I don’t understand how you can say it was nice,” Christopher said.

“Well it was since I met you,” Mary gave Chris a shy smile. “You’re a nice boy Christopher. I’d like to see you again!”

“But we’ll meet at school,” Christopher didn’t take the hint.

Mary smiled, “I know but I meant on our spare time!”

“Like a date?” Christopher asked.

“I guess so,” Mary blushed. “I mean if you want to?”

“Off course I want to,” Chris said.

“Good. I got to go soon but...” Mary hesitated for a moment. “I heard it would be a party next Saturday at the school... for the freshmen class. Do you want to go?”

“Yeah, it’s a date,” Christopher smiled.

“Great,” Mary smiled back.

At that moment Mariah called from outside, “Mary come on, our ride’s here!”

“I’ve gotta go, Mariah’s sister’s here to pick us up. Bye Christopher!”

“Bye Mary,” Christopher said and Mary ran off towards the awaiting car. Christopher smiled, as he watched her go, since he had a feeling that this could be the beginning of something wonderful. Then he closed the door to the house thinking that this evening wasn’t so bad after all!

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Happy St Patrick's Day Karin. :) I am so happy that Paula dumped John Ross but I am not happy with John Ross for blaming his parents for their break up when it was John Ross who decided all on his own to lie to Paula about who his family and parents are. :):( I am really looking forward Christopher's upcoming date with Mary and I hope Charlie's new job teaching school goes well for her. :)

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Sanda. :)
I'm glad that you like Chris and Mary and that John Ross got dumped by Paula. You are right he has nobody but himself to blame.

Here's tonight's update:

John Ross was laying on his bed moping when there was a knock on the door and his father’s voice called out, “John Ross, can I come in?”

“Are you alone?”

“Yes, it’s just me!” JR replied.

“Alright then,” John Ross sighed, before he went to unlock the door. John Ross opened it and said, “Come on in.”

“Thanks,” JR entered the room and closed the door behind him. “How are you feeling?”

John Ross sat down on the bed. “I’ve been better.”

“I can see that,” JR said as sat down in John Ross’ desk chair. “I’m sorry you got burned son, but it’s a risk you take when you’re getting into bed with older women!”

“Yeah well, I’ve dated older girls before…”

“I can imagine,” JR chuckled. “For what it’s worth, I liked her!”

“Thanks but it’s no use. She didn’t like that I lied to her!”

“No woman does John Ross and that’s why you should never get caught lying,” JR informed his son. “The secret to a convincing lie is to stay as close to the truth as possible.”

“I get that, but there was no way to do that with Paula. If she’d known who I was she’d never given me a chance.”

“Well look at it this way son. You knew the relationship was doomed from the start. Since you got what you wanted maybe it’s time to move on?”

“You’re right, it’s just that she was so…”

“Good in bed I presume.”

John Ross blushed, “Dad!”

“Was I wrong then?”

“No!”

“Well good, then you’ve had your fun. But as you get older you’ll realize that there’s a difference between the girls you’ll have fun with and the girls that are for keeps. You’ll see there’s more to a relationship than sex!”

“Thanks dad.”

“Anytime,” JR smiled as he got up and started to walk towards the door. But then he turned around in the door saying, “Oh and one more thing, don’t blame your mama for your break up with Paula. She didn’t get you into that situation.”

“But the movie…”

“Son if I can forgive her for that, so can you. Goodnight!” JR left, closing the door behind him. John Ross sighed since he knew his father was right.

K

Karin Schill

At the same time in Christopher’s room were Bobby and Pam saying goodnight to their son. Pam, who was sitting at the edge of his bed, said, “Christopher we’re so sorry the party got such an abrupt ending!”

“Yeah but we hope you’ve learned something from this mess,” Bobby said, as he was sitting down behind Pam.

“What’s that, dad?”

“Don’t take after your cousin John Ross when it comes to the ladies,” Bobby said.

“Don’t worry dad, I won’t,” Christopher promised. “I mean I let John Ross talk me into this masquerade business and look how that turned out!”

Pam raised an eyebrow and Bobby smiled amused, “Well somehow I knew this wasn’t your idea pal,” Bobby said. “You’re a heck of a good cousin. Still don’t let John Ross talk you into things you don’t wanna do.”

“I won’t,” Christopher said.

Pam frowned, “So the masquerade wasn’t your idea then?”

“No,” Bobby and Christopher replied in unison.

Pam sighed, “I guess I have been a little out of the loop. I mean a lot must have happened in your life when I was away. I’m so sorry about that. So maybe you can bring me up to speed a little?”

“Sure mom, what do you wanna know?”

“Well what kind of things do you like, I mean for birthday presents?”

“Oh so you noticed I didn’t like the toys huh?”

“Yeah kind of,” Pam said and Bobby smiled.

“Well any computer game and your cool mom,” Christopher replied. “But I also love football and Western clothes!”

“Oh so soft packages are ok now, that’s a change!” Pam reflected and Bobby and Chris laughed. “So what else did I miss?”

“His first date,” Bobby said.

“Dad!” Christopher exclaimed as his cheeks started to change color.

“Oh I did?”

“Yeah, it was 5 years ago,” Christopher said and Pam looked surprised as her son went on saying, “But speaking of dates dad, the freshman class is having a party on Saturday and I have a date for that, so can I please go?”

Bobby and Pam exchanged a look before Bobby smiled, “I think that can be arranged pal.”

“Yeah so who are you going out with?”

“Her name is Mary. She’s the girl in the Cinderella costume?”

“Aw, that is so cute. Of course you should go,” Pam smiled.

“Thanks mom, thanks dad,” Christopher said and hugged his parents.

“Well goodnight then,” Pam said.

“Goodnight mom,” Christopher said.

“Goodnight pal,” Bobby said.

“Goodnight dad,” Chris said and Bobby and Pam got up and left the room.

K

Karin Schill

Once they were out in the hallway they bumped into JR who stopped them saying, “Well I hope Christopher’s happy with his party!”

“Thanks, he is,” Bobby replied.

“Good and I’m sorry John Ross made such a scene!”

“Yeah well he is your son,” Pam said.

“That he is,” JR chuckled.

“So how is he?” Bobby asked.

“Well you know how teenage boys are.”

“Yeah everything seems so much worse in that age!” Bobby agreed.

“He’ll get over it though,” JR said.

“Good,” Bobby said.

“Well goodnight then,” Pam said, as she was eager to get away from Bobby’s older brother.

“Goodnight Pam,” JR said before turning to his brother saying, “Oh and by the way Bob, Teresa sorted the mail wrong this morning. I believe this is for you?” JR handed Bobby a big brown envelope.

“Thanks,” Bobby took the envelope. “I’ve bet you’ve read it too!”

“Very funny little brother. Of course not, goodnight!” JR walked away.

Pam looked at the envelope saying, “I wonder what that is!”

“Well you’re gonna have to keep wondering since I ain’t opening that tonight!”

“Why not?”

“Because we have better things to do, come here my queen of hearts. I am in the need for some loving!” Bobby said teasingly and lifted Pam up and carried her into their bedroom. The door shut behind them and their laughter could be heard out into the hall.

K

Karin Schill

In Philadelphia were the party guests now in the ball room, dancing to a string quartet. Afton was enjoying herself as she danced with Mario. But then suddenly the music stopped and the Baron entered the stage and walked up to a microphone saying, “Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to thank you all so much for coming to celebrate my 70th birthday with me tonight…” Afton sighed, as she thought this was the beginning of another long speech. However his next words caught her off guard. “I regret to inform you that we must break up the party early due to bad weather.” The guests mumbled, as they were not too pleased with this news.

“This is not good, let’s just hope it’s not another hurricane,” Mario sighed.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad it’s probably just a little thunder storm,” Afton said.

“I don’t think so, it’s been raining an awful lot tonight,” Mario said.

The Baron went on, “There is no cause for panic, but we have a hurricane coming in tomorrow morning. So everyone is advised to go home immediately!”

“Oh no!” Afton exclaimed as her face paled. “But I’m going home tomorrow!”

“No darling you’re not, no aircrafts can take off in this weather,” Mario said.

“You mean I’m stuck here?” Afton asked horrified.

“Hey don’t worry, we are very prepared to deal with hurricanes,” Mario said reassuringly.

“Yeah but Becky, she’s expecting me home tomorrow!”

“Well the child is in good hands with your brother. You’ll just have to see her on Monday instead.”

“But she’s starting school on Monday,” Afton said unhappily.

“Really?” Mario asked. “That’s early, but I guess you’ll have to see her after school then. Now cheer up, this gives us more time together!” However Afton didn’t look too pleased at the prospect of having to spend another day with Mario’s family.

K

Karin Schill

The next morning at Southfork. In Bobby and Pam’s room was Bobby standing in front of the mirror buttoning his shirt. He then turned around towards the bed where Pam was still fast asleep. He walked up to the bed and sat down on the side, leaning down over Pam, before he kissed her forehead. She stirred a little and opened her eyes. The first thing she saw as she woke up was Bobby’s smiling face as he greeted her, “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” Pam smiled back.

Bobby leant down and gave her a kiss good morning. As he pulled back he said, “Time to get up!”

“Do I have to?” Pam asked sleepily.

“Yes sleepyhead, you know Mama wants us all down for breakfast at nine!”

“I do, but I can think of better things we could do…” Pam replied, as she pulled Bobby down to her for another kiss. They kissed each other for a while.

But before they could get really passionate Bobby pulled back. “Tempting, but we really should get some breakfast, I’m hungry!”

“Alright then,” Pam sighed, as she reached out for her watch on the bedside table.

“Besides we need to get an early start if we’re gonna make it into town before the stores closes.”

“You’re taking me shopping?” Pam beamed.

“No way, I just got the bill from your shopping spree in Houston. You must have shopped the entire town!”

“You can afford it!”

“Well of course but who says that I want to?” Bobby said teasingly. “I mean it’s not like you’re just one of those poor Barnes’ anymore…”

“Ha, ha very funny,” Pam replied, as she playfully threw her pillow at Bobby.

“Hey, I’m warning you, one more move like that and we’re never getting into town today…” Bobby replied playfully, as he threw the pillow back at Pam.

“Well I don’t mind,” Pam laughed, as she hit the pillow away so it landed on the bed next to her. “I mean what’s so special about going into town today anyway?”

“Well I thought we could go and get our marriage license,” Bobby replied.

“Today?” Pam asked.

“Yeah in case you hurry on a little…”

“Well in that case I’ll be ready in five minutes,” Pam smiled and jumped out of bed. Unfortunately as she did she stretched a muscle. “Aw,” Pam grimaced.

“What’s the matter honey?”

“Nothing I just pulled a muscle,” Pam rubbed her leg. “It must be all that dancing at the party last night.”

“Maybe,” Bobby replied. “I told you, you shouldn’t have worn those high heels.”

“You did,” Pam sighed, before she started to get dressed. “It’s funny but when I’m with you I feel so young again…”

“I know but we need to remember that we’re not 30 anymore.”

“Well thank God for that, when I was 30 Digger had just died and I wanted a child really badly.”

“I remember,” Bobby replied. “Then I found Christopher and our whole life turned around for the better…”

“Absolutely, I can’t believe that our little boy’s just turned 14. I’ve missed so many years of his childhood…”

“You have,” Bobby agreed before adding seriously, “But what’s important is that you’re back now!” He pulled her into his arms.

“I know I’ll never leave you again,” Pam promised, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Good,” Bobby smiled, as he leant down and kissed Pam. “Now let’s go get some breakfast.”

They pulled apart and were just about to leave when Pam caught sight of the envelope laying on the dresser, “Okay, but aren’t you gonna open your mail first?”

“No it’s nothing important, hurry up now!”

“How do you know that?” Pam asked. “Have you read it?”

“No of course I haven’t read it.”

“So aren’t you curious what’s in it?”

“Not really I think I know what it is.”

“What’s that?”

“Probably just some papers for work.”

“Oh really?” Pam asked. “So if they are for work, why didn’t they have them sent to the office?”

“Good point, and are you trying to make me curious enough to open that envelope?”

“Yes, is it working?”

“It’s working,” Bobby sighed, before he took the envelope and opened it. “Let’s see what we have here…” Bobby pulled out a bunch of documents and looked surprised, as this was not what he had expected, because in his hands he held Rebecca’s birth certificate. It clearly listed him as the father and Pam as the mother. Bobby could feel his heart start to beat faster. So Rebecca is definitely not adopted. Bobby took a deep breath. Still this doesn’t prove anything. Jenna listed me as Charlie’s father too, even though I am not… Bobby frowned, as he tried to figure out what was going on. Why has someone sent me Rebecca’s birth certificate?

Pam who had noticed his facial expressions asked worriedly, “Bobby what is it?”

“Nothing it’s just that…” Bobby swallowed, as he took a look at the next paper. It really caught his attention as it was a DNA test for Miss Rebecca Ewing. As Bobby read the paper his facial expressions changed, as he tried to make sense of what it said. Oh My God, it’s true, Bobby could barely believe it, but the test confirmed that Bobby and Pamela Ewing were indeed the girl’s natural parents. She’s really my daughter, Bobby felt his heart sing out to him. His eyes welled over with tears as he said emotionally. “I love you,” before he suddenly lifted Pam up and joyfully span her around in the air.

“Bobby what was that for?” Pam laughed.

“Oh no reason, I’m just happy,” Bobby smiled, as he put her down and gave her a kiss.

“Bobby I thought you didn’t want to…” Pam objected.

“Well I’ve changed my mind…” he kissed her again. But she was less responsive and pulled away from him before it could get passionate.

“But what about town?” Pam asked. “I thought we were getting our marriage license…”

“We are,” Bobby kissed Pam again. “Later…first I wanna…”

“Have breakfast, you’re hungry, remember?” Pam stepped away from his embrace, clearly signalizing that she was not in the mood anymore.

“Yeah, you’re right, breakfast does sound good,” Bobby agreed, as he pulled out a drawer and put the documents in it. “Let’s have breakfast with our kids,” Bobby took Pam’s hand and tried to pull her out of the room. But she won’t go.

“Not so fast, first I wanna know what was in that envelope...” Pam reminded him. “Was it good news?”

“The best,” Bobby beamed. “Now let’s go, I tell you on the way down.”

“Okay,” Pam agreed. “So what did it say?”

“That you were right honey!”

“I was right about what?”

“Rebecca,” Bobby replied, as they stepped out into the hallway.

Pam stopped dead in her tracks, as she got guarded. “What about Rebecca?”

“She really is our daughter!” Bobby smiled and Pam just stared at him, as she tried to figure out just what the hell was in that envelope…

To be continued...

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin.:) I still enjoy reading your story. :)Please keep up the good work.:) I really hope you get more comments and feedback soon about your story. :)I am looking forward to finding out what happens next with Bobby and Pam now that Bobby has read what was inside the yellow envelope that was sent to him in the mail. :) I really hope they don't break up and also Bobby needs to confront JR about meddling in his personal life which he really shouldn't be doing since he can't even take care of John Ross and Sue Ellen properly without constantly messing up . :);)

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's been a while since I've read properly but I should have my summarised thoughts for you today or tomorrow :)

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm all caught up now :) Only short comments today because I basically just had the party to catch up on.

Once again I have to mention that I really don't like John Ross' attitude toward much of anything. He constantly talks down to Christopher, dismisses things that are probably age appropriate as immature, and blames everyone else for his mistakes.

Christopher seems like a good boy though, I just wish he didn't listen so much to John Ross. I think his conversation with Bobby and Pam at the end might be good for him though, he knows he can be his own person now and actually he does have it in him to attract people toward him without following John Ross.

The party itself was entertaining. As I've said, I didn't like the way the boys acted superior to the rest of the guests, especially when everyone was being perfectly pleasant and generous with their gifts. I did enjoy the younger girls playing around and the adults talking amongst themselves.

Paula, now I am of two minds about her; on one hand she's just so unappealing, she wasn't really very nice and there was little to really like about her; on the other hand though from her perspective she was probably completely not expecting a younger teen party from what John Ross lead her to believe. I still find her to be rude in the way she spoke with John Ross, but at least she dumped him like a sane person when she realised what was going on.

Other storylines.

Sue Ellen and Don seem to just be playing games now. She needs to get her lawyer onto processing that divorce now that they have located Don and she needs to move on from going back and forth with him about things like packing up their home. Go ahead and do it with or without him, or get a moving company to do it. The sooner she drops Don and moves on, the better.

Afton and Mario need to just go their separate ways. He wants to change everything about her and she isn't comfortable with being who he wants her to appear to be to his family. It's a recipe for disaster. Besides that neither of them seem affectionate or to even really know each other very well so it's not like some great relationship that would be broken.

The Wades, I'm so glad at least Randy has a brain. Once again no one cares to check on Lucas' activities and everyone is happy to bend around Martha's needs. Also only going to Southfork to see Ray because of Martha??? Oh Jenna...

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I'm glad that you are all still keeping up with this story. :)

I'm probably gonna start posting the next episode sometime next week. I'm gonna give everyone who is still behind on this story a little more time to catch up. So once you have caught up please drop me a line in here to let me know that you are up to date, okay? :ty:

Sanda, good point about how JR shouldn't mess with other people's lives when he can't even keep his own family together. Yet JR has his own type of logic. You will find out in the next episode if Bobby and Pam will see through his scheming or not... ;)

Miss Texas 1967, I much appreciate your detailed feedback. It was not short at all! ;)
You know I think John Ross and Christopher are pretty typical teenagers in some ways. John Ross wants to be treated like an adult real badly and yet he does stupid stuff that proves that he is not an adult yet and can't really be trusted to do the right thing. Christopher looks up to his older cousin and feels a bit of peer pressure to act cool and yet he is his father's son and has a stronger moral compass than John Ross has. He knows that some of the stuff John Ross does is wrong.

I agree that Paula was not likable at all and she wasn't supposed to be. But looking at things from her perspective John Ross lied to her and she believed him so she really ended up in a bad situation because of his lies.

Well considering how Don has embarrassed Sue Ellen publically and shared her most private thoughts on TV she doesn't trust a moving company to pack up her things for her. She wants to do it herself so that means that she will have to go back to England to tie up the loose ends from her marriage and finalize her divorce before she can move on to a future in Texas.

I agree with you about Mario and Afton. He is just trying to control her and change her and clearly doesn't love her for who she is but for who he thinks he can turn her into. So yeah it's not a healthy relationship at all.

Well the much anticipated Jenna and Ray meeting will happen in the next episode...

Silvie, I am glad that you still like the story. :)

Shan, I'm glad you thought the last update was excellent. :)

Okay that's all for now.