Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Hi Everyone,

So I'm back with a brand new story. :)
I hope that you are all doing well and are safe in this trying times that we are currently facing in the world. I know a lot of people around the globe are currently in lock down or are afraid for their health or the health of a family member or friend. So I wanted to share this little story that I wrote last year with the hope that it might mean something to someone who reads it.

I had originally not planned to post this story until later when things have slowed down at my work. But because of Corona some things I am working on are now on hold and I have more time on my hands. So I will give it a try and post it now. I might not be able to update every day, but I will try to update regularly. So I hope you will read it and stick with the story until the end.

Before I post the first part I want to just say something about what inspired me to write this. First off I wrote the first part because @ilovesoaps100 asked me to write a story about John Ross and Pamela Rebecca. So I figured I'd give it a try and write a one shot. But then the story grew...;)

What triggered me to write this was the death of Ken Kercheval. :(
Before he died I always hoped that Dallas would come back again and that Cliff Barnes would get out of prison. I really hated what they did to his character on Dallas TNT. However after Ken died I realized that even if Dallas were to come back again it would have to be without Cliff Barnes so the only way to redeem the character and right some wrongs that I think were made on Dallas TNT was to write a fanfiction that tied up the loose ends that we were left with. I don't think it was fair to leave the show on that cliffhanger. So well this story is for all the fans that want some closure.

Everything that happened on Dallas TNT is canon. But since we can't have Dallas TNT without a few plot twists I might alter some things we saw happening on that show to give Dallas the kind of proper ending that it deserves.

Feedback is as always appreciated as I'd love to hear from you what you think. I'd love to get some discussion going too. Enough said and on to the story.

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

Title: ”Forgiveness”

Author:
Karin.

Rating:
PG-13.

Time:
Set in 2015 with some flashbacks to the 1970’s, 1980’s, 1990’s and 2010’s.

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters that inspired me to write this. They were created by David Jacobs and Cynthia Cidre. This is a work of fan fiction written for entertainment purpose only. I don't own anyone or anything of it except for the idea for the plot. The flashbacks from the original show and Dallas TNT belongs to the writers who wrote the episodes those scenes are from.

Author's note: Okay so this is my first and probably only Dallas TNT fanfic. So I am not sure if I've managed to capture the TNT characters properly. Keep that in mind when you'll read it and I hope you will enjoy it.

Dedication to: All of my readers who have enjoyed and left feedback on my long “Dallas in the 90s” story.

Feedback: Yes please. I really love to hear from you. Since this is my first Dallas TNT fanfic I'd really like to know if you appreciate it or not. Please no flames.

Warning: This story deals with a main character's death.

Forgiveness

Pamela Rebecca Barnes Ewing was an emotional mess. She had always known that this day would come but she hadn’t been able to anticipate how she would be feeling or how much her father’s death would actually affect her. Yes he had been quite old, but somehow she hadn’t counted on that he would die this soon and now when he had it had released all kinds of emotions inside of her. The initial shock had subsided by now and had been replaced by feelings of sadness, emptiness, numbness, confusion and a raw kind of grief that was tearing at her heart. Yet she found herself unable to truly grieve for her father. In fact she had not shed a single tear for him. Maybe it was because if she did she would never stop crying. So she had tried to tell herself that it didn’t matter that her father was dead since he had practically been dead to her already for months. But it didn’t stop the pain inside of her or ease her conscious. Because there was one emotion that stood out above all of the rest that she was feeling and that was guilt.

Her father had loved her and yet she had helped framing him for a murder he hadn’t committed. She had sent her own father to jail. Deep down she had known that it was wrong but she had felt like she was justified in her behavior since she was just getting revenge on her father for killing her unborn babies. She had kept telling herself that locking up her father was the only thing she could do in that situation. Because the man was obviously a danger to others and it was better to put him behind bars than let him ruin any more lives.

She had only visited him once in that Mexican prison. It was a god awful place and yet she had left him to rot there. It pained her to think about it now and yet she couldn’t think of anything but that. The memories of the last time she had seen him was just as vivid today as it had been on the day she’d left him there.

It had been one thing to know that her father was in prison. But to actually see him there she had to gather up all her strength, as she approached him.

“Pammy, I knew you would come, thank you,” he smiled at her, as he was happy to see her.

Seeing how frail her father looked in that orange prison uniform and how much effort it took for him to even stand up she couldn’t help but feeling a bit guilty. So as they sat down at the table she looked down, avoiding eye contact at first, “I’m sorry,” she apologized before she looked up searching for her father’s reaction, “I’m sorry for helping the Ewings put you in jail. For failing to protect your legacy.”

He had looked stunned, as he hadn’t expected her to apologize to him. But then he’d found his composure, “Your whole life, I warned you about trusting the Ewings. I was trying to protect you, but what matters now is that you do know the truth and I didn’t kill JR,” he smiled, thinking that his torture was over. Surely his daughter would let him out of prison now. “So now you can get me out of jail and we can have a second chance. We could start all over. We could get the company back together,” he reached out his hands for hers, but she refused to take them as she was trying to stay cold. But his next words got to her, “I love you Pamela. I miss you so much,” his voice was soft with emotions and knowing that he meant it affected her more than she wanted to admit and she had to blink back the tears before she tried to remember why she was really there. So she picked up the document she had come to give him. Thinking it was his release papers he had looked satisfied at first. But noticing what it really was he looked bewildered, “It’s a deed to Ewing six, that was Digger’s...”

Her lip trembled ever so slightly before she told him what was the harsh truth, “That part of land was robbed from your father and because of that, I was robbed from ever having one.”

“Pamela...” he tried to object but she wouldn’t hear him out.

“All I ever wanted from you,” she sighed before she went on, “was love,” she looked up at him, her face hardening as her voice threw the accusation at him, “but you always hated the Ewings more than you ever loved me.”

“Darling that’s not true.”

“Yes it is!” she spat out, the anger and torment noticeable in her eyes, “Because if you truly loved me, because if you truly wanted to protect me, then you never would have done what you did when you killed my babies.” He actually had enough sense to look down in shame when she told him that, “I could never forgive you for that.”

“I’m so sorry for what I did...” he said in a raw voice as his face turned into a grimace. He breathed in heavily through his nose, in something which sounded almost like a sob, as he realized what her words meant for him, “but you...wanna leave me here?”He looked pleadingly at her, but seeing the answer in her eyes he said defeated, “Then you’ll forgive me if I stay in prison?” He looked sad and so broken down before he admitted, “I know I failed you,” he hung his head in shame again, “I did. I did.”

The tears were welling up in her eyes, as she hadn’t expected her father to actually apologize to her. Yet it changed nothing. “It’s over now,” she said coldly, but the pain was visible in her eyes, “You’ve revenged the wrongs done to your father,” she sighed, as she tried to make up her mind what to do. But searching deep inside of her heart she knew that she could never let him out, so she continued, “and I’ve revenged the ones done to me by mine!”

He moved his lips like if he wanted to tell her something more, but she didn’t want to hear it. So she got up from the table and walked away, leaving her dad sitting there in shock. Turning around one last time she took one final look, “Goodbye Daddy!” She’d said coldly and the look of anguish on her father’s face had haunted her ever since.

She had broken his heart. She had left him to die in jail. But of course she hadn’t known that then. But now she knew and their last conversation had played up over and over again in her mind like a broken record, ever since she’d found out that her father was dead. Going over their conversation again and again in her mind she had come to the conclusion that her father must have loved her after all. He had wanted a second chance with her, but she had denied him that and left him to die in prison, despite that she knew that he had not done the crime he was committed for. She had thought she was doing the right thing. But she had blood on her hands. She had killed a man and her father had helped her cover it up so she wouldn’t go to jail. He had protected her then. But she had still left him to rot in that hell hole. Thinking about it now made her feel guilty.

Of course when she’d left him to die there, all alone in prison, she hadn’t known about the tumors in his nervous system. Neurofibromatosis had damaged his cranial nerves and it had been a slow and painful process. The many surgeries to remove the tumors in his brain was what had caused his personality to change. The different parts of his brain was no longer functioning normally and that had made him act crazy. On top of that his hearing had also suffered. Eventually the tumors in his brain had been impossible to operate and once they’d made it to his brain stem he had been dying.

Her mother had told her that her father had been sick for years before he died. Of course by the time she’d found out about it, it had been much too late. Her father was gone and she could never see him again to tell him that she understood it now. His irrational behavior was not just due to hatred against the Ewings, which she had thought, it was because of his illness. Realizing that had been like an epiphany to her. The only sad thing was that it was much too late. The Barnes-Ewing feud would finally be put to rest with her father and even though that was good, a part of her couldn’t help but feeling bitter when she thought about how royally the Ewings had screwed over her father. The Ewings had won and the Barnes had lost. She was a Ewing too now and yet she didn’t feel like a winner. She felt like a loser.

Because just like her grandfather had lost the girl he loved to Jock Ewing and her father had lost his daughter to the Ewings, Pamela Rebecca had also lost almost everything that she had held dear in life. Her husband, her babies, her father and her company. She had nothing left. All that remained were the memories of her shattered dreams and her father’s voice that was echoing in her ears. We can have a second chance. We could start all over. He had told her but she had refused to give him that chance. Your whole life, I warned you about trusting the Ewings. I was trying to protect you. Yes he had told her over and over again never to trust the Ewings and what had she done, she had gone ahead and married one and not just anyone, but JR Ewing’s son at that. But she had thought that John Ross really loved her. So she hadn’t cared that her father didn’t approve of their relationship. She had gone ahead and fallen head over heels for John Ross Ewing anyway and all it had given her was a broken heart.

John Ross had seemed like a sweet boy who really cared about her. So she had sacrificed her own father for him and what had he done to thank her – he had betrayed her. He had cheated on her and had probably only married her for business reasons and that had been a bitter pill to swallow. All I ever wanted from you, was love, but you always hated the Ewings more than you ever loved me. She had accused her father of not loving her. But she knew now that he had been right and that he had loved her. I love you Pamela. I miss you so much. Her father had told her and she had missed him too and yet she had never told him that. She hadn’t even told him that she loved him and yet she did. You killed my babies. I could never forgive you for that. She had accused him and to her surprise he had apologized. I’m so sorry for what I did...I failed you. He had admitted his short comings and pleaded for her forgiveness. You’ll forgive me if I stay in prison? But she had not forgiven him and now the man she had called daddy was dead. It was too late for them. She would never see him again and it filled her with sadness and guilt. She felt like she had wronged him and it made her feel awful.

“Pamela?” For a moment she had thought that her father’s voice was still echoing in her mind but when she turned around she found herself standing face to face with her ever loving husband. She hadn’t even heard him entering their bedroom and she was not happy to see him.

“What are you doing here?” she sneered at John Ross.

“I thought you might need a shoulder to cry on,” John Ross said, his Texas drawl visible in his voice.

“If I did, it would never be yours,” Pamela replied.

“That’s not what my memory tells me,” John Ross said. “I comforted you after you lost your babies.”

“Christopher comforted me,” she corrected him.

“Fine, have it your way,” he said, as he walked up to her. “I only know what I know and that is that you are my wife and that I love you...”

“If you truly loved me you wouldn’t have cheated on me with Emma...” she told him, only realizing once the words had left her lips what she was doing. She was pushing John Ross away in the same way as she had pushed her father away. She had told herself that her father didn’t love her, just like she was telling herself now that her husband didn’t love her either. But she had been wrong about her father. So could it be that I’m wrong about John Ross too? The thought was unwelcomed but it was there.

“Darling please, you have to forgive me for that,” John Ross said pleadingly.

“Give me one good reason why I should?”

“Because I love you Pamela.” There it was again, those three little words that her father had also told her. I love you Pamela. Hearing her father’s voice echo inside of her mind as the past and the present blurred together she closed her eyes and shook her head. “Pamela?” John Ross asked worriedly. “What’s the matter?”

“My father is dead,” Pamela replied solemnly.

“I know we are going to his funeral today,” John Ross said, “So considering don’t you think we should put our differences aside and start over?”

His words triggered something in her, as she could remember how her father had asked her the same thing, “Why should I forgive you for what you’ve done when I couldn’t even forgive my father?” Pamela yelled. “He loved me too you know?”

“Did he now?”

“Yes he did. My father died loving me,” she insisted as one solitary tear found its way down her cheek.

“So did mine, but our fathers are gone now so don’t you think it’s about time that we laid the ghost from our past to rest once and for all and move on with our lives?” He paused for a moment, “We should start a family of our own. I thought you wanted kids...”

His words made her think about her lost babies once more and thinking about everything she had lost more tears spilled over in her eyes and made their way down her cheeks. Before she knew how it had happened she was crying real hard. “I do but...”

“No buts...” he pulled her gently into his arms, “Here let me comfort you.” He gently stroke his hands over her back and she let it happen. She found comfort in him when she thought that there was no comfort to be found. She cried her eyes out. She cried for her father and for the babies that he had deprived her. But also for herself and the lack of a normal childhood and that’s when she knew that this was right. She wanted a child and she wanted to put the ghosts from her past behind her once and for all and move on. It was time that she started to think about the future instead. Her father was dead and the loss of a parent was a heavy burden to bear. So she would grieve for him. She would miss him. She would regret the way she’d left things with him. But she would not let him ruin her life from the grave. She would forgive the Ewings for forcing her to chose between her father and them and she would patch up her marriage and have kids. At that moment she didn’t feel like a loser anymore. Yes she had lost a great deal when her father died. But not everything since she still had her husband and he would help her get through this day. Then once her father’s funeral was over they would start all over again. She would forgive John Ross and together they’d put an end to the Ewing-Barnes feud, that had ruined so many lives, once and for all.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Very emotional. I agree, the only way to handle Cliff is mental illness. Being the only biological relation left at this point and the clear insanity of Katherine, and what must have been mental illness to send Pam away, I would think such would terrify Pamela.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Great start Karin :) I don't usually go for TNT centred stories but we definitely needed some finality with the show being cancelled.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Hi again,

Thank you for reading and commenting. I am glad that you all enjoyed the first part of this story. :)

@ilovesoaps100 I am glad that you love it so far. The next part won't be about John Ross and Pamela Rebecca though as it's time to find out what really happened to Christopher.

@stevew Thanks for saying that my writing was emotional. :hat:
I agree that Cliff is not the most mentally stable person since he tried to commit suicide on the show and he also accidentally killed Johnny Dancer. But neurofibromatosis is not a mental illness. However it is a disease that the original Dallas established that Digger and Cliff had and when I read up a little on it I realized that it could get worse when you grow older so that's why I decided to make that the cause of Cliff's personality change. As for Pamela Rebecca she is not yet aware of that she is a carrier of the disease. I think the circumstances pushed Katherine to go off the deep end. But yes she was clearly not mentally stable either. So mental illness does run in the family and maybe that was why Pamela took those pills before going to meet John Ross and Emma for the threesome. Because that was crazy too!

@Miss Texas 1967 I'm glad you're making an exception for this story. I hope you will like the closure it will bring. JR is obviously gone. But there will be a few JR/SE flashbacks later on, as well as some Cliff & Afton flashbacks that will give more backstory to what went wrong between them and contributed to making Cliff act crazy. I think it was a shame that Dallas TNT never explored Pamela's relationship with her parents more.

@Justine Thank you. Here's the next chapter.

Elena Ramos looked at the reflection of herself in the mirror and sighed since she didn’t like what she saw. Elena had always been a skinny girl who had grown up to be a stunning woman. Normally she looked almost like a model with her dark brown hair and brown eyes and the best thing about her was that she wasn’t even aware of how beautiful she was. Looks normally didn’t matter to her, brains did. Then again it was easy to take looks for granted when you looked like Elena. She was just one of those girls who could eat a lot of junk food and it never went to her hips. But not even girls like Elena could avoid looking fat when they were heavily pregnant. The baby bump on her stomach was so big that it looked like it could burst at any minute. Whoever was in there would soon be with them and Elena had chosen not to find out if she was having a boy or a girl. She wanted to be surprised. Regrettably for Elena there was also the matter of the baby’s paternity. Elena had slept with three men within two months and she had wanted to find out who the father of her baby was. But unfortunately for her the doctor hadn’t recommended her to take a paternity test before the baby was being born. So Elena had walked around in anguish ever since she first found out that she was expecting 7 months ago.

It had been a horrible night for Elena. Not only had she found out that she was having a baby. But she had also believed that she’d lost the man she’d been in love with since she was a teenager. She’d been so distraught after finding out that she was pregnant that she hadn’t even noticed that Christopher had moved the car from the spot where they had parked it. So when the car had exploded right before her eyes she had been convinced that she’d lost the love of her life. It had felt so cruel, first her brother Drew had been killed by the Mendez Orchilla cartel and then the same Mexican cartel had tried to kill Christopher. It was lucky for Christopher that it had been so dark out that night that the man who was hired to kill him had mistaken another man for being him. Yet the memories of that night had kept haunting her in her nightmares.

She had been walking towards the car when the explosion had happened. The sheer force of it was so powerful that it hit her to the ground and if it had happened a couple of seconds later it surely would have killed her. At first she couldn’t believe what she was witnessing since she had thought that things like this only happened in war zones. She’d never felt more scared or alone in her life than in the moment when she’d gotten up on her legs again. Staring at the burning car in disbelief she’d realized that the cartel had killed Christopher and that’s when she’d gone hysterical calling out his name. “CHRISTOPHER!” She’d taken a step towards the burning vehicle almost like if she’d been hoping against hope that he would somehow have made it out of the car before the explosion, “CHRISTOPHER!” She’d yelled out her despair and heartbreak into the night air and when there was no reply a car had driven off. “NO! NO!” CHRISTOPHER!” She’d called out for him one more time, as her hands went up to cover her mouth and the tears rolled down her cheeks. “NO!” She’d called out into the night, feeling more alone and afraid than ever. But then like out of nowhere a car had driven up and that was when she heard him calling back to her.

“ELENA!”His voice had been filled with fear and as she turned around she had seen Christopher jump out of their car and run towards her.

She’d been nailed to the ground for a split second before her legs moved and he had swept her up inside of his arms, “Oh My God! Christopher! I thought you were dead!” She had sobbed against his shoulder. “I thought the cartel had killed you and that it was all my fault.”

“Hush, it’s alright, I’m right here.”

“I know but I saw the car explode and I thought you were in it,” Elena cried, before she gave Christopher a confused look. “Didn’t we park it here?”

“We did but when I got back out I realized we were out of ethanol and since this place didn’t have anything but gas and truck diesel I decided to fill it up at the other gas station further down the street.”

Looking at her boyfriend in disbelief she put two and two together, ”You took off without me?”

“I’m sorry I...”

“No don’t be, you’re alive and that’s all that matters. I love you Christopher.”

“I love you too Elena,” he’d said before he had given her the most wonderful kiss. “Now let’s get out of here!” He had told her before they had hurried to get inside of the car and driven off before whoever had placed the bomb in that car found out that he had killed the wrong man.

That’s what really had happened. But in her nightmares everything had gone dark after the car exploded and she had died in the explosion. She’d found herself falling in darkness unable to wake up. In her nightmares she had been the one who had died and it was true that a part of her had died that night. All her innocence was gone now and she had almost killed a man she thought she had loved. Joaquin had been her childhood friend and she had thought that she knew him. But he had deceived her. She should have known that he wasn’t the same. After all he had changed his name to Nicolas Trevino and gotten mixed up with the wrong people. So that should have been a clue. He was also married and once she had found out about that she hadn’t ended it with him like she should have. No instead she had willingly had an affair with a married man. She had sunk lower than she’d ever thought she could sink last year. But she had been blinded by revenge and had been broken inside. That’s why she’d acted so stupid and her stupidity had almost cost her the man she really loved.

“Are you ready to go?” Christopher’s voice brought her back to the present.

“Not really,” she turned to Christopher looking afraid. “Are you sure that it’s okay if you go to your uncle’s funeral?”

“Yes, I’ve talked to George at the CIA and he’s gotten a positive ID on the dental records, so it really was Nicolas Trevino who died in that plane crash last month.”

“Oh,” Elena made a face.

“I’m sorry I knew you loved him,” Christopher said.

Elena’s face hardened, “No the boy I loved has been dead for years. But...”

“You’re thinking about the baby?”

“Yeah,” Elena sighed. “What if the baby isn’t yours?” Elena spoke aloud what they both feared, “Will you still love me then?”

Christopher grimaced, “Elena I’m not gonna lie to you, I want this baby to be mine so badly. But if Nicolas is the father...” Christopher shrugged his shoulders, “He is dead so we can still raise him or her as ours.”

“Yeah. I really hope that you are the father, but...”

“What?” He asked, feeling alarmed by the way she’d just said that.

“There’s something I haven’t told you,” Elena said biting her lip.

“Oh?” Christopher raised an eyebrow, wondering if something bad was to come and as it turned out he was right to worry. “Come on whatever it is, you can tell me!”

Yet her next words shook him to the core of his being, “I slept with John Ross...”

“What?”

“It was right after Drew had died,” she tried to excuse her behavior, “I was vulnerable...”

“So you’re telling me that John Ross might be the father of your baby?” Christopher said in an angry tone of voice when the penny finally dropped.

“Yes,” Elena admitted.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“I’m sorry I know I should have but I never found the right time to tell you!”

“So you chose the moment before we’re going to my uncle’s funeral?” He yelled at her as he was really upset about this.

“Christopher I’m sorry. Forget I said anything,” she yelled pleadingly. “Let’s just go to the funeral and...”

“No Elena, you just stay home!” He pointed his finger angrily at her. “I don’t want you to come with me.”

“But Christopher we need to talk about this...”

“There’s nothing to talk about, now if you’ll excuse me I have a funeral to go to!” Christopher yelled before he brushed past her and Elena broke down in tears. Sure she hadn’t wanted to attend Cliff Barnes funeral. He was after all the reason why she’d ever found out that the Ewings had robbed her father out of his land. She could see now that Cliff had used her as a pawn in his game to avenge the Ewings and she had danced after his pipe. Being so blinded by hatred that she hadn’t been able to see straight. So she had broken up with Christopher and that’s how she’d gotten into this mess. If she hadn’t there would be no question about the paternity of her unborn child. But now there was and it left Elena feeling completely miserable.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback Justine. Yeah Christopher has a bad situation not knowing if he is the father to Elena's baby or not. :confuse:
But to look at it from the bright side, at least he's not dead. I really hated how they supposedly killed him in the last episode of Dallas TNT. So I just had to find a way to explain it away. Christopher's still alive! :cool1

Enough said so here's tonight's update. It's time to say farewell to Cliff Barnes. Yes it's the funeral. :rip:

Bobby Ewing felt like a hypocrite. Here he was at Cliff Barnes funeral, even though he had helped JR frame Cliff for his murder. He had known all along that Cliff hadn’t killed JR and yet he’d been willing to let an innocent man rot behind bars. He had told himself that it had been the right thing to do since the man had murdered his unborn grandchildren when he’d blown up that oil rig. It was a crime he could never prove that Cliff was guilty of so justice had had to be served the Ewing way, by locking Cliff up for another crime he hadn’t committed. It was funny since when JR was alive Bobby had been the good brother to JR’s bad one. But once JR was gone it hadn’t taken Bobby long to cross over to the dark side. He still wasn’t as bad as JR had been, but he was also not the honest man he’d been before. Then again he was also not as carefree or young as he once had been.

Life had been harsh to Bobby and it had changed him. First his father had died, then his first wife Pam had deserted him and their son when Christopher was 6 years old. After that he’d found happiness again with his second wife April. But they had barely tied the knot before she’d been kidnapped and killed during their honeymoon in Paris. After watching his second wife being murdered before his very eyes maybe it wasn’t so strange that Bobby had grown bitter. He had been looking for vengeance but once he had found the woman who was responsible for the kidnapping he had been able to forgive her. Maybe that was why he had been able to open himself up to love once more.

Ann Ryland Ewing was his third and final wife. They had been married for almost a decade now and it had mostly been a happy union. Sure they had had their ups and downs like all marriages. Just last year they’d gone through one of their worst crises and it had almost torn them apart. For the first time in their marriage they had both been tempted to cheat, but neither one of them had given into the temptation and instead they had moved on together. Yet something in their marriage had changed since then. Bobby couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was but something was different. Yet he was glad that he had met Ann. She was a good, strong woman and his one regret was that he hadn’t met her earlier in life so that his mother could have met her. Miss Ellie Ewing Farlow had been a strong woman too, so he was sure that she would have liked Ann. Losing Miss Ellie had been hard for Bobby since she had always been his moral compass. No matter how tough life got, she had been his one constant, the one who was always there to support him and guide him on the right path. Then one day she was just gone. It had made him lose his way a little and start to question what life was all about. The only thing he knew for sure was that his life hadn’t turned out the way he had expected it to when he was young.

Take Cliff for instance, he had always been a bit of a nuisance to the Ewing family, but 30 years ago Bobby never could have guessed that the man would end up dying in a Mexican prison because he’d framed him for JR’s murder. Surely that never would have happened if Pam had been alive. But she wasn’t and it was a long time ago since Cliff had been his brother in law and business partner. So Bobby didn’t even feel particularly guilty about what he had done. In his eyes he had only done what needed to be done to end the dreadful Ewing-Barnes feud. The fact that Pamela hadn’t even bailed her father out of jail when she had found out the truth only told him that he’d made the right decision. So all things considered he did feel a bit weird about being at Cliff’s funeral when he couldn’t mourn for the man.

So yes Bobby might be a hypocrite these days but he could take comfort in that he wasn’t the only one. Looking around the church he could see plenty of people who were at the funeral even though they weren’t exactly mourning that Cliff was dead. Harris, Judith and Emma Ryland were all there. As were Carmen Ramos and Cliff’s former lovers like Sue Ellen Ewing, Mandy Winger and Liz Adams. Then there was the extended family like Lucy Ewing Cooper and Mitch Cooper with their two grown children Brad and Ellie Cooper. Then there were also former business partners from way back like Marilee Stone and Stephanie Rogers, no doubt there for the free publicity. Then there were also more recent business partners from around the world since Cliff had formed a global company where he had been working with people from Asia, Europe, South America and the middle East. Regrettably most of those contacts had been lost since he and Sue Ellen had taken over Ewing global last year. Bobby hadn’t counted on that since as long as Cliff’s daughter had been with the company those contracts had been honored. But once Pamela Rebecca was out of the company, so were the business partners, who had remained surprisingly loyal to Cliff. Yet not many tears were shed over Cliff’s death.

There were some exceptions of course. Cliff’s former wife Afton Cooper Barnes looked particularly grief-stricken and their daughter Pamela Rebecca Ewing was beside herself with grief. She was there together with John Ross, who had a smug look on his face that was really inappropriate for the occasion. Bobby knew him well enough to know that he had an ace up his sleeve. Christopher was there too, stepping out of hiding for the first time in months. But surprisingly Elena had not come with him. Bobby knew that his son had loved his uncle when he was little and was not surprised to see him actually shed a couple of tears for him now. Then there was also that strange woman, who was crying really loudly. She was sitting a few rows behind them and there was something about the sound of her crying that felt eerily familiar and yet he couldn’t remember where he’d heard it before. All he knew was that she got on his nerves and from the sound of her crying it seemed like she was genuinely distraught that Cliff Barnes was gone. The woman was dressed in a huge black veil that covered her face and she was there together with a younger woman, who was most likely her daughter. The younger woman was a real beauty with dark curly hair and piercing blue eyes. She looked appropriately sad for the occasion too but was not hysterical like her mother. So some of the people, who had gathered for Cliff’s funeral, were really there to pay their respects to the man. It was with heavy hearts that they were staring at Cliff’s casket that was standing over by the altar, next to the priest that was talking about his life.

“Cliff Barnes was a complicated man who could be hard to understand at times. He was a business man, a father and a husband. He was also a brother and a son. He was a man who owned a private jet and yet he preferred to eat Chinese food out of boxes to lobster and caviar at fancy restaurants. That choice probably had to do with his humble beginnings. Cliff lead a tough life and he was well aware of that everything he had worked so hard for could be taken away from him at any given moment. Cliff lost a lot in his life. But he was not a loser. He was a fighter. Cliff fought many battles in his life and the most courageous of them all was his battle with neurofibromatosis. An illness that claimed two of his siblings before they were a year old. But Cliff got to live to the age of 70 and he accomplished a lot in his life. He rose above poverty, he studied hard and became an attorney at law. When he was young he fought for justice. He wanted to change how the society worked and also made a bid for the senate. But he lost. Then he became a realist and figured that if you can’t beat them it was better to join them. So he became the head of the OLM. But his biggest accomplishments career wise came in the oil business. Cliff inherited a company from his mother in 1983 and he turned Barnes-Wentworth into Barnes Global, which was a multimillion dollar corporation spanning worldwide. He found some of the biggest off shore wells and natural gas pockets in the history of this state. He was well respected among his peers too, as they chose him to be the oil baron of the year three times. For a kid, whose mother abandoned him when he was five and who grew up with a drunk father, Cliff’s accomplishments were even more impressive. But Cliff didn’t travel on this journey in his life alone. He got to share his life with people who loved him. The first people who loved him were his parents Digger and Rebecca and his younger sister Pamela. Being five years older than Pamela he learnt early to look after her. When they were growing up he was her hero who could do no wrong. Once they grew up they often found themselves on opposite sides of the Barnes-Ewing feud. They might not have seen eye to eye on everything but the bond the siblings shared was a strong one and only death could sever it. But Pamela was not the only woman Cliff loved in his life since he was also married twice, first to Jamie Ewing and then to Afton Cooper, who he also shared a daughter with. Pamela Rebecca Barnes was the apple of her father’s eye. He was so proud of his daughter and he tried his best to protect her...” The priest went on talking about Cliff and then when he was done some of the people in the congregation took the podium to say a few words too. But the people who had been the closest to Cliff all chose not to for their own reasons.

Then after what seemed like forever the funeral was finally over and Cliff’s casket was carried out of the church, as the guests followed it to the plot that had been selected for his grave. The priest then read The Lord is My Shepherd from the bible as the guests threw roses on top of the casket, which was lowered down into the ground. As the casket disappeared the guests started to shatter. Some left the churchyard while others stuck around, as they were mingling with old friends and talking in smaller groups.

Bobby was talking to Sue Ellen when he noticed that John Ross walked up to the two strangers that he’d noticed in church before. Seeing how John Ross gave the girl a kiss on the cheek Bobby sighed since he had expected John Ross to behave better today. After all to flaunt his latest mistress at his wife's father's funeral was poor taste even for John Ross.

“Do you know who John Ross is talking to?” Bobby gestured towards the women.

Following his gaze Sue Ellen looked disgusted too, “No, I’ve never seen her before in my life. You think he’s sleeping with her?”

“Don’t you?” Bobby countered her question.

“The thought has crossed my mind, but assuming that he is, why would he flaunt her like this on his father in law’s funeral?”

“Yeah that would be incredibly tacky.”

“Exactly not even JR would have done that,” Sue Ellen reflected. “Besides John Ross swore to me just the other day that he was gonna work on fixing his marriage with Pamela. He said he wanted to be a better husband. Of course if I would have a dollar for every time his father have told me that...” Sue Ellen chuckled.

“Want me to talk to him?” Bobby asked. “Try to set him straight?”

“Yes please,” Sue Ellen said. “I don’t think I could deal with anymore drama today after that nasty run in with Afton before the service.”

Bobby raised an eyebrow, “Oh?”

“She accused us of turning Pamela against her and Cliff, she said that we never should have conned Pamela into sending her father to jail,” Sue Ellen informed Bobby.

“I didn’t think she cared that Cliff was in jail,” Bobby said.

“Neither did I, but I guess she must have loved him after all,” Sue Ellen said.

“Either that or she’s just upset because we took over Cliff’s company, which in turns means that she and her daughter won’t inherit as much.”

“Nah I don’t think that was it,” Sue Ellen shook her head. “She seemed genuinely upset.”

“Well I guess funerals brings out the best and worst in people,” Bobby said, as he once again looked over at John Ross who was laughing at something his mistress said while the older woman looked oddly out of place. “Speaking of which, I’d better go deal with John Ross before Pamela notices what’s going on.”

“Good luck, I hope he listens to you,” Sue Ellen said.

“So do I,” Bobby said before he made his way over to John Ross and the two strange women. “John Ross!” he called the boy’s attention.

Looking up John Ross gave him a smug look, “Uncle Bobby, what can I do for you?”

“Don’t be smart with me boy, don’t you think I know what you’re doing here?”

But John Ross just gave him his best innocent look, “What’s that uncle Bobby?”

“You’re flaunting your new mistress and at your wife’s father’s funeral of all places...”

“You think she’s my mistress?” John Ross pointed at the younger woman before the two of them cracked up laughing since apparently they thought that was incredibly funny. But Bobby didn’t think it was funny at all until the woman suddenly piped up.

“No way, I’m his sister!” the woman said sassily and as it all fell to place Bobby realized that he’d just made a fool out of himself.

“His sister?” Bobby exclaimed, as his jaw dropped.

Overhearing the last word Sue Ellen felt like someone had poured salt into old wounds. JR had another child? Sue Ellen felt positively nauseous at the idea and yet she couldn’t help but approaching them, since she knew that she had to meet this woman.

John Ross however didn’t notice that his mother was walking up to them, as he had his eyes fixed on Bobby and from the looks of things he was really enjoying this situation. “Yeah uncle Bobby meet Josephine,” John Ross said with a satisfied grin. “Josephine this is my uncle Bobby that I’m sure you’ve heard a lot about already.”

“Nice to meet you,” Josephine smiled, extending her hand to Bobby.

“Likewise,” Bobby said, shaking the woman’s hand. “You’ll have to excuse me for jumping to the wrong conclusions before. It’s just that your brother is quite the ladies man. I guess he’s got that after his father. I mean your father.”

“So I’ve gathered,” Josephine said.

“Oh and I bet you already know Josephine’s mother,” John Ross gave his uncle his best shit eating grin, as he motioned towards the mystery woman, who had been shifting uncomfortably throughout their whole conversation, like if his presence was making her nervous.

“I do?” Bobby asked flabbergasted, as he took a closer look at the woman and what he saw gave him goose bumps since he was looking at the ghost of a woman he’d once loved.

“No it can’t be,” Bobby shook his head in disbelief. “You’re supposed to be dead!”

“Oh wow! That woman sure is a dead ringer for Pamela!” Sue Ellen exclaimed and for a moment she had Bobby confused.

“Jean?” He asked, as he was grasping at straws.

“No I am Pamela!” The woman confirmed her identify, as she was lifting her veil so that everyone finally could see her face. She had grown older and had a little plastic surgery to restore her looks after her burns but there was no doubts about it. The woman was undeniably Pamela Barnes Ewing, who had risen from the ashes and returned from the dead.

To Be Continued...

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
My thoughts wasn’t with Digger and neurofibromatosis but you make a good point. I think mental illness on Rebecca’s side is the only way to explain her children’s behavior both in the original and on the TNT continuation. Certainly circumstances added to it and maybe neurofibromatosis has an impact on the mind, I don’t know. But Cliff certainly has mentally ill in TNT and I think so was Katherine in the original. And it would explain Pamela’s abandonment of her child after the accident, maybe a triggering event. And yes it would explain Pamela’s drug use and threesome. I always thought it could be a serious topic for the show, Pamela’s fear for her future and fear of having biological children. It would also explain why JR had to get Cliff to Mexico where his money wouldn’t protect him against Carlos’s influence.

Looking forward to reading more.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Hi again,

Thank you for reading and commenting. I am glad that you all enjoyed the first part of this story. :)

@ilovesoaps100 I am glad that you love it so far. The next part won't be about John Ross and Pamela Rebecca though as it's time to find out what really happened to Christopher.

@stevew Thanks for saying that my writing was emotional. :hat:
I agree that Cliff is not the most mentally stable person since he tried to commit suicide on the show and he also accidentally killed Johnny Dancer. But neurofibromatosis is not a mental illness. However it is a disease that the original Dallas established that Digger and Cliff had and when I read up a little on it I realized that it could get worse when you grow older so that's why I decided to make that the cause of Cliff's personality change. As for Pamela Rebecca she is not yet aware of that she is a carrier of the disease. I think the circumstances pushed Katherine to go off the deep end. But yes she was clearly not mentally stable either. So mental illness does run in the family and maybe that was why Pamela took those pills before going to meet John Ross and Emma for the threesome. Because that was crazy too!

@Miss Texas 1967 I'm glad you're making an exception for this story. I hope you will like the closure it will bring. JR is obviously gone. But there will be a few JR/SE flashbacks later on, as well as some Cliff & Afton flashbacks that will give more backstory to what went wrong between them and contributed to making Cliff act crazy. I think it was a shame that Dallas TNT never explored Pamela's relationship with her parents more.

@Justine Thank you. Here's the next chapter.

Elena Ramos looked at the reflection of herself in the mirror and sighed since she didn’t like what she saw. Elena had always been a skinny girl who had grown up to be a stunning woman. Normally she looked almost like a model with her dark brown hair and brown eyes and the best thing about her was that she wasn’t even aware of how beautiful she was. Looks normally didn’t matter to her, brains did. Then again it was easy to take looks for granted when you looked like Elena. She was just one of those girls who could eat a lot of junk food and it never went to her hips. But not even girls like Elena could avoid looking fat when they were heavily pregnant. The baby bump on her stomach was so big that it looked like it could burst at any minute. Whoever was in there would soon be with them and Elena had chosen not to find out if she was having a boy or a girl. She wanted to be surprised. Regrettably for Elena there was also the matter of the baby’s paternity. Elena had slept with three men within two months and she had wanted to find out who the father of her baby was. But unfortunately for her the doctor hadn’t recommended her to take a paternity test before the baby was being born. So Elena had walked around in anguish ever since she first found out that she was expecting 7 months ago.

It had been a horrible night for Elena. Not only had she found out that she was having a baby. But she had also believed that she’d lost the man she’d been in love with since she was a teenager. She’d been so distraught after finding out that she was pregnant that she hadn’t even noticed that Christopher had moved the car from the spot where they had parked it. So when the car had exploded right before her eyes she had been convinced that she’d lost the love of her life. It had felt so cruel, first her brother Drew had been killed by the Mendez Orchilla cartel and then the same Mexican cartel had tried to kill Christopher. It was lucky for Christopher that it had been so dark out that night that the man who was hired to kill him had mistaken another man for being him. Yet the memories of that night had kept haunting her in her nightmares.

She had been walking towards the car when the explosion had happened. The sheer force of it was so powerful that it hit her to the ground and if it had happened a couple of seconds later it surely would have killed her. At first she couldn’t believe what she was witnessing since she had thought that things like this only happened in war zones. She’d never felt more scared or alone in her life than in the moment when she’d gotten up on her legs again. Staring at the burning car in disbelief she’d realized that the cartel had killed Christopher and that’s when she’d gone hysterical calling out his name. “CHRISTOPHER!” She’d taken a step towards the burning vehicle almost like if she’d been hoping against hope that he would somehow have made it out of the car before the explosion, “CHRISTOPHER!” She’d yelled out her despair and heartbreak into the night air and when there was no reply a car had driven off. “NO! NO!” CHRISTOPHER!” She’d called out for him one more time, as her hands went up to cover her mouth and the tears rolled down her cheeks. “NO!” She’d called out into the night, feeling more alone and afraid than ever. But then like out of nowhere a car had driven up and that was when she heard him calling back to her.

“ELENA!”His voice had been filled with fear and as she turned around she had seen Christopher jump out of their car and run towards her.

She’d been nailed to the ground for a split second before her legs moved and he had swept her up inside of his arms, “Oh My God! Christopher! I thought you were dead!” She had sobbed against his shoulder. “I thought the cartel had killed you and that it was all my fault.”

“Hush, it’s alright, I’m right here.”

“I know but I saw the car explode and I thought you were in it,” Elena cried, before she gave Christopher a confused look. “Didn’t we park it here?”

“We did but when I got back out I realized we were out of ethanol and since this place didn’t have anything but gas and truck diesel I decided to fill it up at the other gas station further down the street.”

Looking at her boyfriend in disbelief she put two and two together, ”You took off without me?”

“I’m sorry I...”

“No don’t be, you’re alive and that’s all that matters. I love you Christopher.”

“I love you too Elena,” he’d said before he had given her the most wonderful kiss. “Now let’s get out of here!” He had told her before they had hurried to get inside of the car and driven off before whoever had placed the bomb in that car found out that he had killed the wrong man.

That’s what really had happened. But in her nightmares everything had gone dark after the car exploded and she had died in the explosion. She’d found herself falling in darkness unable to wake up. In her nightmares she had been the one who had died and it was true that a part of her had died that night. All her innocence was gone now and she had almost killed a man she thought she had loved. Joaquin had been her childhood friend and she had thought that she knew him. But he had deceived her. She should have known that he wasn’t the same. After all he had changed his name to Nicolas Trevino and gotten mixed up with the wrong people. So that should have been a clue. He was also married and once she had found out about that she hadn’t ended it with him like she should have. No instead she had willingly had an affair with a married man. She had sunk lower than she’d ever thought she could sink last year. But she had been blinded by revenge and had been broken inside. That’s why she’d acted so stupid and her stupidity had almost cost her the man she really loved.

“Are you ready to go?” Christopher’s voice brought her back to the present.

“Not really,” she turned to Christopher looking afraid. “Are you sure that it’s okay if you go to your uncle’s funeral?”

“Yes, I’ve talked to George at the CIA and he’s gotten a positive ID on the dental records, so it really was Nicolas Trevino who died in that plane crash last month.”

“Oh,” Elena made a face.

“I’m sorry I knew you loved him,” Christopher said.

Elena’s face hardened, “No the boy I loved has been dead for years. But...”

“You’re thinking about the baby?”

“Yeah,” Elena sighed. “What if the baby isn’t yours?” Elena spoke aloud what they both feared, “Will you still love me then?”

Christopher grimaced, “Elena I’m not gonna lie to you, I want this baby to be mine so badly. But if Nicolas is the father...” Christopher shrugged his shoulders, “He is dead so we can still raise him or her as ours.”

“Yeah. I really hope that you are the father, but...”

“What?” He asked, feeling alarmed by the way she’d just said that.

“There’s something I haven’t told you,” Elena said biting her lip.

“Oh?” Christopher raised an eyebrow, wondering if something bad was to come and as it turned out he was right to worry. “Come on whatever it is, you can tell me!”

Yet her next words shook him to the core of his being, “I slept with John Ross...”

“What?”

“It was right after Drew had died,” she tried to excuse her behavior, “I was vulnerable...”

“So you’re telling me that John Ross might be the father of your baby?” Christopher said in an angry tone of voice when the penny finally dropped.

“Yes,” Elena admitted.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“I’m sorry I know I should have but I never found the right time to tell you!”

“So you chose the moment before we’re going to my uncle’s funeral?” He yelled at her as he was really upset about this.

“Christopher I’m sorry. Forget I said anything,” she yelled pleadingly. “Let’s just go to the funeral and...”

“No Elena, you just stay home!” He pointed his finger angrily at her. “I don’t want you to come with me.”

“But Christopher we need to talk about this...”

“There’s nothing to talk about, now if you’ll excuse me I have a funeral to go to!” Christopher yelled before he brushed past her and Elena broke down in tears. Sure she hadn’t wanted to attend Cliff Barnes funeral. He was after all the reason why she’d ever found out that the Ewings had robbed her father out of his land. She could see now that Cliff had used her as a pawn in his game to avenge the Ewings and she had danced after his pipe. Being so blinded by hatred that she hadn’t been able to see straight. So she had broken up with Christopher and that’s how she’d gotten into this mess. If she hadn’t there would be no question about the paternity of her unborn child. But now there was and it left Elena feeling completely miserable.
Actually got me to feel bad for Elena - a bit.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback Justine. Yeah Christopher has a bad situation not knowing if he is the father to Elena's baby or not. :confuse:
But to look at it from the bright side, at least he's not dead. I really hated how they supposedly killed him in the last episode of Dallas TNT. So I just had to find a way to explain it away. Christopher's still alive! :cool1

Enough said so here's tonight's update. It's time to say farewell to Cliff Barnes. Yes it's the funeral. :rip:

Bobby Ewing felt like a hypocrite. Here he was at Cliff Barnes funeral, even though he had helped JR frame Cliff for his murder. He had known all along that Cliff hadn’t killed JR and yet he’d been willing to let an innocent man rot behind bars. He had told himself that it had been the right thing to do since the man had murdered his unborn grandchildren when he’d blown up that oil rig. It was a crime he could never prove that Cliff was guilty of so justice had had to be served the Ewing way, by locking Cliff up for another crime he hadn’t committed. It was funny since when JR was alive Bobby had been the good brother to JR’s bad one. But once JR was gone it hadn’t taken Bobby long to cross over to the dark side. He still wasn’t as bad as JR had been, but he was also not the honest man he’d been before. Then again he was also not as carefree or young as he once had been.

Life had been harsh to Bobby and it had changed him. First his father had died, then his first wife Pam had deserted him and their son when Christopher was 6 years old. After that he’d found happiness again with his second wife April. But they had barely tied the knot before she’d been kidnapped and killed during their honeymoon in Paris. After watching his second wife being murdered before his very eyes maybe it wasn’t so strange that Bobby had grown bitter. He had been looking for vengeance but once he had found the woman who was responsible for the kidnapping he had been able to forgive her. Maybe that was why he had been able to open himself up to love once more.

Ann Ryland Ewing was his third and final wife. They had been married for almost a decade now and it had mostly been a happy union. Sure they had had their ups and downs like all marriages. Just last year they’d gone through one of their worst crises and it had almost torn them apart. For the first time in their marriage they had both been tempted to cheat, but neither one of them had given into the temptation and instead they had moved on together. Yet something in their marriage had changed since then. Bobby couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was but something was different. Yet he was glad that he had met Ann. She was a good, strong woman and his one regret was that he hadn’t met her earlier in life so that his mother could have met her. Miss Ellie Ewing Farlow had been a strong woman too, so he was sure that she would have liked Ann. Losing Miss Ellie had been hard for Bobby since she had always been his moral compass. No matter how tough life got, she had been his one constant, the one who was always there to support him and guide him on the right path. Then one day she was just gone. It had made him lose his way a little and start to question what life was all about. The only thing he knew for sure was that his life hadn’t turned out the way he had expected it to when he was young.

Take Cliff for instance, he had always been a bit of a nuisance to the Ewing family, but 30 years ago Bobby never could have guessed that the man would end up dying in a Mexican prison because he’d framed him for JR’s murder. Surely that never would have happened if Pam had been alive. But she wasn’t and it was a long time ago since Cliff had been his brother in law and business partner. So Bobby didn’t even feel particularly guilty about what he had done. In his eyes he had only done what needed to be done to end the dreadful Ewing-Barnes feud. The fact that Pamela hadn’t even bailed her father out of jail when she had found out the truth only told him that he’d made the right decision. So all things considered he did feel a bit weird about being at Cliff’s funeral when he couldn’t mourn for the man.

So yes Bobby might be a hypocrite these days but he could take comfort in that he wasn’t the only one. Looking around the church he could see plenty of people who were at the funeral even though they weren’t exactly mourning that Cliff was dead. Harris, Judith and Emma Ryland were all there. As were Carmen Ramos and Cliff’s former lovers like Sue Ellen Ewing, Mandy Winger and Liz Adams. Then there was the extended family like Lucy Ewing Cooper and Mitch Cooper with their two grown children Brad and Ellie Cooper. Then there were also former business partners from way back like Marilee Stone and Stephanie Rogers, no doubt there for the free publicity. Then there were also more recent business partners from around the world since Cliff had formed a global company where he had been working with people from Asia, Europe, South America and the middle East. Regrettably most of those contacts had been lost since he and Sue Ellen had taken over Ewing global last year. Bobby hadn’t counted on that since as long as Cliff’s daughter had been with the company those contracts had been honored. But once Pamela Rebecca was out of the company, so were the business partners, who had remained surprisingly loyal to Cliff. Yet not many tears were shed over Cliff’s death.

There were some exceptions of course. Cliff’s former wife Afton Cooper Barnes looked particularly grief-stricken and their daughter Pamela Rebecca Ewing was beside herself with grief. She was there together with John Ross, who had a smug look on his face that was really inappropriate for the occasion. Bobby knew him well enough to know that he had an ace up his sleeve. Christopher was there too, stepping out of hiding for the first time in months. But surprisingly Elena had not come with him. Bobby knew that his son had loved his uncle when he was little and was not surprised to see him actually shed a couple of tears for him now. Then there was also that strange woman, who was crying really loudly. She was sitting a few rows behind them and there was something about the sound of her crying that felt eerily familiar and yet he couldn’t remember where he’d heard it before. All he knew was that she got on his nerves and from the sound of her crying it seemed like she was genuinely distraught that Cliff Barnes was gone. The woman was dressed in a huge black veil that covered her face and she was there together with a younger woman, who was most likely her daughter. The younger woman was a real beauty with dark curly hair and piercing blue eyes. She looked appropriately sad for the occasion too but was not hysterical like her mother. So some of the people, who had gathered for Cliff’s funeral, were really there to pay their respects to the man. It was with heavy hearts that they were staring at Cliff’s casket that was standing over by the altar, next to the priest that was talking about his life.

“Cliff Barnes was a complicated man who could be hard to understand at times. He was a business man, a father and a husband. He was also a brother and a son. He was a man who owned a private jet and yet he preferred to eat Chinese food out of boxes to lobster and caviar at fancy restaurants. That choice probably had to do with his humble beginnings. Cliff lead a tough life and he was well aware of that everything he had worked so hard for could be taken away from him at any given moment. Cliff lost a lot in his life. But he was not a loser. He was a fighter. Cliff fought many battles in his life and the most courageous of them all was his battle with neurofibromatosis. An illness that claimed two of his siblings before they were a year old. But Cliff got to live to the age of 70 and he accomplished a lot in his life. He rose above poverty, he studied hard and became an attorney at law. When he was young he fought for justice. He wanted to change how the society worked and also made a bid for the senate. But he lost. Then he became a realist and figured that if you can’t beat them it was better to join them. So he became the head of the OLM. But his biggest accomplishments career wise came in the oil business. Cliff inherited a company from his mother in 1983 and he turned Barnes-Wentworth into Barnes Global, which was a multimillion dollar corporation spanning worldwide. He found some of the biggest off shore wells and natural gas pockets in the history of this state. He was well respected among his peers too, as they chose him to be the oil baron of the year three times. For a kid, whose mother abandoned him when he was five and who grew up with a drunk father, Cliff’s accomplishments were even more impressive. But Cliff didn’t travel on this journey in his life alone. He got to share his life with people who loved him. The first people who loved him were his parents Digger and Rebecca and his younger sister Pamela. Being five years older than Pamela he learnt early to look after her. When they were growing up he was her hero who could do no wrong. Once they grew up they often found themselves on opposite sides of the Barnes-Ewing feud. They might not have seen eye to eye on everything but the bond the siblings shared was a strong one and only death could sever it. But Pamela was not the only woman Cliff loved in his life since he was also married twice, first to Jamie Ewing and then to Afton Cooper, who he also shared a daughter with. Pamela Rebecca Barnes was the apple of her father’s eye. He was so proud of his daughter and he tried his best to protect her...” The priest went on talking about Cliff and then when he was done some of the people in the congregation took the podium to say a few words too. But the people who had been the closest to Cliff all chose not to for their own reasons.

Then after what seemed like forever the funeral was finally over and Cliff’s casket was carried out of the church, as the guests followed it to the plot that had been selected for his grave. The priest then read The Lord is My Shepherd from the bible as the guests threw roses on top of the casket, which was lowered down into the ground. As the casket disappeared the guests started to shatter. Some left the churchyard while others stuck around, as they were mingling with old friends and talking in smaller groups.

Bobby was talking to Sue Ellen when he noticed that John Ross walked up to the two strangers that he’d noticed in church before. Seeing how John Ross gave the girl a kiss on the cheek Bobby sighed since he had expected John Ross to behave better today. After all to flaunt his latest mistress at his wife's father's funeral was poor taste even for John Ross.

“Do you know who John Ross is talking to?” Bobby gestured towards the women.

Following his gaze Sue Ellen looked disgusted too, “No, I’ve never seen her before in my life. You think he’s sleeping with her?”

“Don’t you?” Bobby countered her question.

“The thought has crossed my mind, but assuming that he is, why would he flaunt her like this on his father in law’s funeral?”

“Yeah that would be incredibly tacky.”

“Exactly not even JR would have done that,” Sue Ellen reflected. “Besides John Ross swore to me just the other day that he was gonna work on fixing his marriage with Pamela. He said he wanted to be a better husband. Of course if I would have a dollar for every time his father have told me that...” Sue Ellen chuckled.

“Want me to talk to him?” Bobby asked. “Try to set him straight?”

“Yes please,” Sue Ellen said. “I don’t think I could deal with anymore drama today after that nasty run in with Afton before the service.”

Bobby raised an eyebrow, “Oh?”

“She accused us of turning Pamela against her and Cliff, she said that we never should have conned Pamela into sending her father to jail,” Sue Ellen informed Bobby.

“I didn’t think she cared that Cliff was in jail,” Bobby said.

“Neither did I, but I guess she must have loved him after all,” Sue Ellen said.

“Either that or she’s just upset because we took over Cliff’s company, which in turns means that she and her daughter won’t inherit as much.”

“Nah I don’t think that was it,” Sue Ellen shook her head. “She seemed genuinely upset.”

“Well I guess funerals brings out the best and worst in people,” Bobby said, as he once again looked over at John Ross who was laughing at something his mistress said while the older woman looked oddly out of place. “Speaking of which, I’d better go deal with John Ross before Pamela notices what’s going on.”

“Good luck, I hope he listens to you,” Sue Ellen said.

“So do I,” Bobby said before he made his way over to John Ross and the two strange women. “John Ross!” he called the boy’s attention.

Looking up John Ross gave him a smug look, “Uncle Bobby, what can I do for you?”

“Don’t be smart with me boy, don’t you think I know what you’re doing here?”

But John Ross just gave him his best innocent look, “What’s that uncle Bobby?”

“You’re flaunting your new mistress and at your wife’s father’s funeral of all places...”

“You think she’s my mistress?” John Ross pointed at the younger woman before the two of them cracked up laughing since apparently they thought that was incredibly funny. But Bobby didn’t think it was funny at all until the woman suddenly piped up.

“No way, I’m his sister!” the woman said sassily and as it all fell to place Bobby realized that he’d just made a fool out of himself.

“His sister?” Bobby exclaimed, as his jaw dropped.

Overhearing the last word Sue Ellen felt like someone had poured salt into old wounds. JR had another child? Sue Ellen felt positively nauseous at the idea and yet she couldn’t help but approaching them, since she knew that she had to meet this woman.

John Ross however didn’t notice that his mother was walking up to them, as he had his eyes fixed on Bobby and from the looks of things he was really enjoying this situation. “Yeah uncle Bobby meet Josephine,” John Ross said with a satisfied grin. “Josephine this is my uncle Bobby that I’m sure you’ve heard a lot about already.”

“Nice to meet you,” Josephine smiled, extending her hand to Bobby.

“Likewise,” Bobby said, shaking the woman’s hand. “You’ll have to excuse me for jumping to the wrong conclusions before. It’s just that your brother is quite the ladies man. I guess he’s got that after his father. I mean your father.”

“So I’ve gathered,” Josephine said.

“Oh and I bet you already know Josephine’s mother,” John Ross gave his uncle his best shit eating grin, as he motioned towards the mystery woman, who had been shifting uncomfortably throughout their whole conversation, like if his presence was making her nervous.

“I do?” Bobby asked flabbergasted, as he took a closer look at the woman and what he saw gave him goose bumps since he was looking at the ghost of a woman he’d once loved.

“No it can’t be,” Bobby shook his head in disbelief. “You’re supposed to be dead!”

“Oh wow! That woman sure is a dead ringer for Pamela!” Sue Ellen exclaimed and for a moment she had Bobby confused.

“Jean?” He asked, as he was grasping at straws.

“No I am Pamela!” The woman confirmed her identify, as she was lifting her veil so that everyone finally could see her face. She had grown older and had a little plastic surgery to restore her looks after her burns but there was no doubts about it. The woman was undeniably Pamela Barnes Ewing, who had risen from the ashes and returned from the dead.

To Be Continued...
Wow - Pam and JR had a daughter? How? I’m confused. Glad to see her alive (they’d need a very good actress to get away with the recast). But wow. I can’t wait to see this work itself out.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Great start to your new story Karin! :) I love it already even though I wasn't huge fan of TNT's Dallas. :) ;) I am so happy that Bobby's ex wife Pamela Barnes Ewing is alive and well in your story even though I am hoping and praying that JR isn't really the father of Pam's daughter Josephine because I can't picture JR and Pam as a couple or them even conceiving a child together. :):( Please update your story again soon because I can't wait found out how Ann, Bobby and Christopher are going to react to Pam being alive. :)

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Suggestion:

Sally Field as Pam Barnes

Jessica Alba as Josephine Ewing

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Hi again,

Thank you so much for the feedback Steve & Sanda. I appreciate your comments and interest in my new story. :D

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing I am glad that you love that Pam is alive and well in my story. I didn't like that they killed her off on Dallas TNT since I love the character and I believe that there still was a story to be told with Pam. So I decided to reverse it for my story. I guess you can call it a major plot twist! ;)
I can understand why the idea of Pam and JR having a daughter has left you confused. :confused: The idea of Pam and JR as a couple is definitely a curveball. :eyes:
I mean they hated each other on the original show so it makes no sense right? :eek:
But don't worry all will be explained in the next part and yes you will get Bobby, Christopher and Ann's reactions to Pam being alive too...

@stevew I am glad that you felt bad for Elena. I have tried my best to make the new characters from Dallas TNT as sympathetic as possible when I wrote this story.
Then as for Cliff and neurofibromatosis, I think considering that he got tumors growing in his brain that needed to be operated away it's plausible that was the cause of his changed personality on Dallas TNT. That's my explaination at least.

You make a good case for why mental illness might run in Rebecca's family though as Cliff did try to commit suicide by taking pills, Pam was also suicidal when she was standing on that rooftop and well Katherine tried to kill Bobby twice. Despite this I don't think that the character of Rebecca Wentworth displayed any signs of mental illness on the show. Or do you think she did?

I think Rebecca was a bad mother who abandoned her kids and created a new identity for herself. But I never got the impression that she did that because she was suffering from mental illness, but rather as a way to survive. She and Digger apparently had a very destructive relationship and she needed to leave it before he killed her like he killed her lover Hutch McKinney. I think most women would have tried to take their kids with them in that situation. But I suppose Rebecca was afraid that Digger would try to find her if she did so I guess she did what she had to do.

Then as for JR's daughter. I always thought that the mother should have been someone that we knew from the original show. When Dallas TNT was still slated to come back for season 4 my preference was for the daughter to be a few years older than John Ross and I imagined Julie Grey as her mother and would have loved to have seen Sarah Michelle Gellar in the part. But well then the show was cancelled and when I began writing this story and decided to bring back Pam I thought it made more sense storywise to have the mother be someone else that would tie in better with the story I wanted to tell.

Thank you for the casting suggestions too. Jessica Alba actually does look like she could be Pam's daughter. :)
Sally Field is a great actress too and although you are certainly free to imagine any actress you like in the part of Pamela Barnes Ewing I really don't think it's necessary to recast the character of Pam for this story. Because this story is not a script written to be filmed we can take some liberties with it. I mean the characters of JR and Cliff both appear in new flashback scenes in this story and that would be impossible to film since Larry and Ken are sadly both dead now. However I think most Dallas fans wouldn't like to recast their characters since JR Ewing was Larry Hagman's part just as Cliff Barnes was Ken Kercheval's part. So I can't imagine any other actor in those roles and frankly I think it would be disrespectful to them to recast their characters. The same goes for everyone else in the Dallas cast. The characters they portrayed on the show are theirs roles and I can't imagine anyone else in them.

So when I wrote this story I imagined Victoria Principal in the role of Pamela Barnes Ewing since it was her role.

Besides Victoria Principal once said when being interviewed by Colin for Ultimate Dallas that as long as she was alive so was the character of Pam. :)

Therefore this is Pamela Barnes Ewing:

IMG_3805.JPG

Last edited:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Chapter two

Staring at his former wife like if he’d just seen a ghost, Bobby felt like all the air had been punched out of his lungs, as he was suddenly confronted with his past in a way he’d never expected to be. It had completely caught him off guard. It was true that he had never seen his former wife die, or been to her funeral or once visited her grave. But when Christopher had confirmed to him that his mother was dead, he had accepted it as being true. He had been convinced that Pamela Barnes Ewing had died from pancreatic cancer in 1989 and yet here she was standing before him more than two decades later and she was very much alive. “Pam?” His voice was raspy from the shock, as he couldn’t quite believe his eyes.

“Yes Bobby,” She responded with tears in her eyes, “I’ve come back to Dallas at last!”

“But what are you doing here?”

“Isn’t that obvious?” She countered his question, “I’m here for my brother’s funeral!”

“Yes but why now?” Bobby demanded to know. “Since you’ve been alive all this time, why wait until now to come back?”

“That wasn’t exactly my choice,” Pam replied cryptically.

“I don’t understand any of this,” Sue Ellen shook her head in disbelief before she gave Pam an angry look. “Also how the hell could you have a child with JR, I thought you hated him.”

“I do,” Pam confirmed.

“Then how could you have my brother’s daughter?” Bobby asked in disbelief.

“Did he rape you?” Sue Ellen jumped to a horrible conclusion and hearing that Bobby felt like someone had just punched him in the gut since surely that must have been it. Pam must have been a victim in all this.

But to his surprise she denied the accusation, “No,” Pam shook her head.

“Then how could you have his child?” Bobby exploded, pointing his finger at Pam, as anger took over instead and he got a dangerous look in his hazel brown eyes.

Observing how the woman got underneath his uncle’s skin in a way he’d never seen anyone do before John Ross rejoiced. Surely this little distraction was just what he needed to keep his uncle Bobby out of the way long enough so that he could take back what was his birthright, namely his father’s company. Ewing Global was going to be his once more and he would use his new found sister to achieve what he wanted. Yes it sure was good to have a new ally and a powerful emotional weapon to use against his uncle all at the same time.

But not everyone was as pleased as John Ross that Pamela Barnes Ewing had returned from the dead. Ann Ryland Ewing felt like her whole world had just been turned upside down and she didn’t like it one bit. Yet she was drawn to the commotion and like a glutton for punishment she observed her husband’s reactions to the news that was delivered to him.

“I didn’t,” Pam finally explained it. “Katherine did!”

“What?” Sue Ellen exclaimed. “Katherine was sleeping with my husband?”

“Yes,” Pam confirmed.

“Of course,” Bobby sighed relieved, since it all made sense now. “So when was this?”

“Before she tried to shoot you,” Pam explained, “Josephine was born in 1985.”

“Then why did you...”

“Raise her you mean?” She finished his sentence.

“Yeah,” he was surprised to realize that she could still read his mind. Ann noticed it too, the bond between them that still existed and it pained her to acknowledge it. It was like watching a train wreck, you knew that the disaster was coming and that you should look away and yet she couldn’t tear her eyes away from them.

“Well that one is easy,” Pam said. “See Katherine died when Josephine was five and...” Bobby was hanging on to every word Pam was saying.

But before she had had a chance to properly explain what had happened in all the missing years she was suddenly interrupted by the upset voice of her son, “There you are!”

Pam jumped from the sound of his voice, thinking that he was talking to her. Seeing the angry young man walk up to her she knew in her bones, who that must be, “Christopher?”

But Christopher paid no attention to her at all. Instead he ran up to his cousin and grabbed John Ross by the tie, like if he wanted to choke him. “I swear I’ll kill you for what you’ve done!”

“Chris calm down, will you?” John Ross squirmed, as he tried to get the man off him.

Observing the son, she’d left behind when he’d been nothing more than a six year old boy, Pamela could feel a sense of déjà vu wash over her, as it was just like watching Bobby and JR fight back in the old days. Only difference was that now Jock wasn’t here to break up the boys fighting.

But Bobby was, as he took a step forward, “That’s enough both of you!” He pulled Christopher away from John Ross.

“But dad! He’s slept with Elena!” Christopher exclaimed.

“I don’t care,” Bobby replied.

“Didn’t you hear me, he could be the father of your grandchild!” Christopher announced in an angry voice that was loud enough to catch everyone’s attention.

Hearing that her husband had cheated on her with Elena Ramos too Pamela Rebecca Ewing closed her eyes, as she felt like her whole world was being torn apart once more. Just this morning she had made a promise to herself to forgive her husband and start all over again. But now she felt like that was never going to happen.

“So could Nicolas Trevino,” Bobby pointed out, as he was trying to talk some sense into his son, “You knew that when you took her back, so how is this any different?”

“It just is,” Christopher said angrily. “I mean Nicolas was a creep, but John Ross is my cousin so I didn’t expect him to knock up my girl...”

“Oh get off your high horse Christopher,” John Ross said tauntingly, “Elena was my fiancé before you stole her from me!”

“And Rebecca was my wife,” Christopher countered. “That still didn’t stop you from sleeping with her when she was pregnant with my babies!”

Hearing her name being called Pamela Rebecca finally spoke up, “Is it true John Ross?” Pamela Rebecca grabbed hold of her husband’s arm. “Could you be the father of Elena’s baby?”

“Pamela, please, let’s talk about this later,” John Ross said. “We are sort of in the middle of something here.”

At that moment Afton walked up to her daughter, “Come on baby you can talk this out with your husband later,” Afton said, as she gently placed her hands on her daughter’s shoulders for support. “Now let your aunt Pam finish her story. She needs to get this off her chest.”

Her words hit Christopher hard, Did she just say aunt Pam? His mind cried out to him, as he wondered if he’d heard her wrong. Because as far as he knew Pamela Rebecca only had an aunt Lucy because her other aunts were long dead, or weren’t they?

“Thank you Afton,” a vaguely familiar voice then replied, confirming Christopher’s suspicions. Turning in the direction of the voice he finally noticed the woman, who was standing there right next to him. She was older than he remembered her and chances were that if he’d passed her by on the street he wouldn’t have recognized her. But already being tipped off about her identity by Afton it made it easier to put two and two together.

“Oh My God! You are my mother!” Christopher exclaimed, as his face lost all its color from the shock of seeing her. He turned completely ashen and his legs got weak.

“Yes Christopher,” Pamela replied with tears in her eyes. Looking at her son she had to restrain herself from giving him a hug. Seeing him again was weird since he was a grown man now and she didn’t know him anymore. It made her feel sad to realize that. She really wanted to hug him. But she didn’t dare to try as she didn’t know how he would react.

“How?” Christopher was at a loss of words, as he turned to look at his father for support.

“Yes your mother’s not dead and she was just about to explain to us where she’d been all these years when you so rudely interrupted her,” Bobby put his hand on his son’s shoulder for support, since he knew how much this would upset his son.

“Oh man, I don’t believe this,” Christopher’s face turned into a grimace.

“It’s true so why don’t we hear your mother out...”

“No,” Christopher spat out, pointing his finger angrily at his mother. “That bitch abandoned me when I was six years old. So I don’t wanna hear anything she has to say.”

“But I do,” Bobby said, as he was holding their son back, trying to calm him down. Seeing how much his son was still hurting from his mother leaving him all those years ago, brought it all back. The pain, the confusion, the anger and the bitterness. It had been one of the worst times in his life and he had thought that he’d never find out what had motivated her to leave them. He had thought it was a secret she’d carried with her to her grave. But here she was, alive and well and that meant that she could provide him with the answers to all the questions he had had. “Pamela?” He then turned to his ex-wife expecting her to go on with her story.

But to his frustration she just shook her head. “Look Bobby, I can tell this is not the right time,” Pamela said, gesturing towards the crowd of people, who were eavesdropping to their conversation.

“You’ve been gone for 28 years so it’s never going to be the right time,” Bobby said harshly, not even caring that they had an audience. “Now let’s hear it. What’s your excuse?”

“Yeah we’re all dying to hear why you’ve been away for so many years and how come you ended up raising my husband’s daughter,” Sue Ellen said sarcastically.

But Pam just shook her head, “No this isn’t the time or place for this.”

“What’s the matter Pamela, need some more time to rehearse your lies?” Ann suddenly called her rival’s bluff.

Pam looked at the tall blonde woman, who had so rudely accused her and spat out, “Who the hell are you to accuse me of lying?”

“I’m Ann Ewing,” Ann said with a satisfied grin before she rubbed it in, “As in Bobby’s wife!”

However her words didn’t have the desired effect on the woman, who didn’t seem to be surprised at all, “Oh so you’re her,” Pam looked at the woman with contempt. “I should have known.”

“So John Ross told you about Ann, huh?” Bobby thought he knew who to thank for this.

But to his surprise Pam shook her head, “No Afton did!”

Pamela Rebecca dropped her chin when she heard that, “My mother knew you were coming here today?”

“Yes I did,” Afton confirmed.

“I don’t believe this,” Christopher shook his head in disbelief as he looked from his mother to John Ross to Afton. “You both knew that my mother was alive and you didn’t tell me?”

“Yes,” John Ross confirmed.

“When did you find out about this?” Christopher asked upset. “Have you known about this all along?”

“No I found out last year when I was looking for my sister,” John Ross explained. “Turns out she was the reason my father had tried to locate your mother in Abi Dhabi. JR found out years ago that he had an illegitimate daughter with Katherine Wentworth. But he’d thought the child had died with Katherine. It wasn’t until three years ago when he was doing business in Saudi Arabia that Prince Naser’s father told him that an American woman resembling your mother was living in Abi Dhabi together with her daughter.”

“So JR wasn’t looking for Pam after all, he was trying to find his daughter,” Bobby said, as the penny finally dropped.

“Yeah,” John Ross confirmed.

“So you knew my mother was alive when I looked for her?” Christopher burst out, raising his voice. “Then when I found out she was dead, you didn’t tell me. Instead you let me go on believing my mother was dead?”

“Why not?” John Ross countered. “You let us believe you were dead!”

“Yes Christopher how could we tell you anything when we didn’t know you were alive?” Afton asked.

“Yes we even went to your funeral,” Sue Ellen said accusingly.

“But my dad told you I was fine after that, didn’t he?” Christopher said defensively.

“Yes he did,” John Ross said. “But that funeral was still a bitch to go to!”

“It wasn’t fun for me either, but you knew that we had to make Nicolas Trevino believe he had succeeded in killing Christopher to stop him from trying again,” Bobby said.

“I know,” John Ross sighed, before turning to his cousin, “I’m glad you’re not dead though.”

“Thanks, I guess that’s something,” Christopher said. “Now get out of my sight before I’ll make you regret that I am.”

“Gladly,” John Ross said before he grabbed hold of Pamela’s arm. “Come on darling let’s get out of here.”

“I’m not going anywhere with you John Ross,” Pamela Rebecca said.

“What?”

“Didn’t I tell you?” She smiled sweetly, “I’m staying at my mother’s tonight.”

“Fine have it your way then,” John Ross said in an annoyed tone of voice before he rushed off all by himself.

Looking after him Sue Ellen felt worried since she knew her son well enough to know that he’d most likely end up drunk in some bar.

Once John Ross had rushed off, Bobby and Christopher turned their attention back to Pam. But if they had expected her to give them an explanation as to why she’d disappeared out of their lives so many years ago they were sorely mistaking, since both Pam and Josephine had vanished into thin air.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Hi again,

Thank you so much for the feedback Steve & Sanda. I appreciate your comments and interest in my new story. :D

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing I am glad that you love that Pam is alive and well in my story. I didn't like that they killed her off on Dallas TNT since I love the character and I believe that there still was a story to be told with Pam. So I decided to reverse it for my story. I guess you can call it a major plot twist! ;)
I can understand why the idea of Pam and JR having a daughter has left you confused. :confused: The idea of Pam and JR as a couple is definitely a curveball. :eyes:
I mean they hated each other on the original show so it makes no sense right? :eek:
But don't worry all will be explained in the next part and yes you will get Bobby, Christopher and Ann's reactions to Pam being alive too...

@stevew I am glad that you felt bad for Elena. I have tried my best to make the new characters from Dallas TNT as sympathetic as possible when I wrote this story.
Then as for Cliff and neurofibromatosis, I think considering that he got tumors growing in his brain that needed to be operated away it's plausible that was the cause of his changed personality on Dallas TNT. That's my explaination at least.

You make a good case for why mental illness might run in Rebecca's family though as Cliff did try to commit suicide by taking pills, Pam was also suicidal when she was standing on that rooftop and well Katherine tried to kill Bobby twice. Despite this I don't think that the character of Rebecca Wentworth displayed any signs of mental illness on the show. Or do you think she did?

I think Rebecca was a bad mother who abandoned her kids and created a new identity for herself. But I never got the impression that she did that because she was suffering from mental illness, but rather as a way to survive. She and Digger apparently had a very destructive relationship and she needed to leave it before he killed her like he killed her lover Hutch McKinney. I think most women would have tried to take their kids with them in that situation. But I suppose Rebecca was afraid that Digger would try to find her if she did so I guess she did what she had to do.

Then as for JR's daughter. I always thought that the mother should have been someone that we knew from the original show. When Dallas TNT was still slated to come back for season 4 my preference was for the daughter to be a few years older than John Ross and I imagined Julie Grey as her mother and would have loved to have seen Sarah Michelle Gellar in the part. But well then the show was cancelled and when I began writing this story and decided to bring back Pam I thought it made more sense storywise to have the mother be someone else that would tie in better with the story I wanted to tell.

Thank you for the casting suggestions too. Jessica Alba actually does look like she could be Pam's daughter. :)
Sally Field is a great actress too and although you are certainly free to imagine any actress you like in the part of Pamela Barnes Ewing I really don't think it's necessary to recast the character of Pam for this story. Because this story is not a script written to be filmed we can take some liberties with it. I mean the characters of JR and Cliff both appear in new flashback scenes in this story and that would be impossible to film since Larry and Ken are sadly both dead now. However I think most Dallas fans wouldn't like to recast their characters since JR Ewing was Larry Hagman's part just as Cliff Barnes was Ken Kercheval's part. So I can't imagine any other actor in those roles and frankly I think it would be disrespectful to them to recast their characters. The same goes for everyone else in the Dallas cast. The characters they portrayed on the show are theirs roles and I can't imagine anyone else in them.

So when I wrote this story I imagined Victoria Principal in the role of Pamela Barnes Ewing since it was her role.

Besides Victoria Principal once said when being interviewed by Colin for Ultimate Dallas that as long as she was alive so was the character of Pam. :)

Therefore this is Pamela Barnes Ewing:

View attachment 20727
No I didn’t see any reason to believe Rebecca was mentally ill herself, but I suppose it was possible as there was much that went on in her life unseen. But as you note all 3 of her children and her 1 biological grandchild (Pamela) all clearly displayed mental illness. Dallas once tackled such big issue with a great deal of skill, such as Miss Ellie dealing with cancers. And I feel TNT missed an opportunity to be taken serious by doing the same.

I see your point going forward as it’s not a show but a written story. It’s just in my mind I think of these things as possible. I suppose it could be possible VP returned but as you describe the character I also suppose it’s possible to replace her. I don’t think that it’s disrespectful as long as they attempt to get the original actress and they make a plausible explanation as to why the physical change - as well as hirer a highly skilled replacement. But as this isn’t really being filmed I guess that’s all academic.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Great tie up to lots of loose ends, especially JR’s behavior.

So let me try and understand Ewing Global:

a conglomerate of many companies including Ewing Alternative and SF’s oil leases as well as Barnes Wentworth and lots of other businesses Cliff invested in. It is Demi I shed because of loss of business following the Ewings takeover? Ownership:

Bobby and Sue Ellen have a controlling interest which is heavily finance through Carlos after having gone public (Ewing Oil, which they owned in the movies is owned by Barnes Global?).

Cliff Barnes had a share which went to Pamela (I assume) and John Ross has a claim to (she also has a claim on his 1/6th share of SF’s oil leases).

Katherine had a share which went to Pamela but I assume Josephine has a claim on it now (she also has a share in Wentworth Industries, along with Pam, I assume or was that absorbed by Barnes Global?).

Pam has a share but it was held by Chris and now should be returned.

John Ross and Chris lost their shares when they lost the company (Ewing Industries) to Barnes Global - I assume.

I’m beginning to think John Ross is a lot like his mother, feeling unloved and turning to drink. I never felt he had a real affair with Emma despite Pamela in the same way JR cheated on Sue Ellen. I always felt he did so 1) because his father instructed him to get control of Ryland (which bothered me he lost it so easily) and 2) he never felt Pamela loved him in the first place. She acts as the wounded wife, but she wouldn’t even go on a date with him before clearly marrying him for business purposes. Where’s he stand with Judith and their partnership and where’s Harris in all this?

I loved seeing Ann so strong.

Can’t wait for more.

Last edited:

Pammy P

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Brilliant, so nice to bring Pammy back Does Ann get dumped It’s all so exciting

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. :)

@stevew you make a good point about Rebecca. We don't know all that much about her backstory. So it's possible that she could have had some sort of mental illness earlier in her life that we never knew about. Still the Rebecca Wentworth we saw on the show was a strong woman who seemed very much together.

I also agree with you that Dallas did handle Miss Ellie's breast cancer in a brilliant way. It's something that still resonates with viewers today too as so many women have gone through the same thing.
Anyway I am glad you're looking forward to read more and that you liked how I tied up the lose ends concerning JR and made Ann strong.

Then as for Ewing Global, I think you in general keep track of the business plots better than I do. Since I had forgotten about the detail that Carlos Del Sol financed Bobby and Sue Ellen's buying back the company after it went public. But yes your summary is right. Bobby and Sue Ellen runs Ewing Global and Ewing Oil and Wentworth Industries all went into that company. So you are correct when you say that Katherine had a stake in the company that Josephine does have a claim to and that Pam's share went to Christopher. But John Ross and Christopher did lose their shares as did Pamela Rebecca. So the whole situation is sticky.

One thing that you mentioned though, that has to do with Ewing Oil. It doesn't matter that Sue Ellen and Bobby got Ewing Oil back from Cliff in JR Returns since this story picks up after Dallas TNT it dismissees the reunion movies. They are not canon for this story. So only the original Dallas and Dallas TNT is canon. Therefore Cliff still owned Ewing Oil and the company got swallowed up by Barnes Global, which is now Ewing Global.

I must say that I don't like the name of "Ewing Global" as much as "Ewing Energies" though. I think they should have stuck with that name but since they didn't Ewing Global is the name being used in this story.

Then as for your analysis of John Ross and Pamela Rebecca. I am not sure who married who for business reasons really. I mean didn't John Ross want something from her when he married her?
So I think what you said about them could go both ways. So yes their relationship is complicated. But I believe they do love each other!

You will find out later on where Judith and John Ross stands now as the Rylands are a part of this story. So you will see more of Emma, Harris and Judith when the plot calls for it.

@Justine I'm glad you're looking forward to more. Yes there's a lot of drama going on right now. But it seemed fitting to me that it would all play out at Cliff's funeral considering that he tried to make a scene at JR's memorial service. Also Cliff's funeral is the logical place for Pam to reappear at.

@Pammy P I'm glad that you found it brilliant so far. I had a feeling you were gonna like Pam returning to Dallas! ;)
Then as for what will happen, I am not gonna give it away, you will have to read it to find out!

So well time for another update.

Pam had felt so drained when they had returned to their car that she’d gladly let Josephine drive. As they were leaving Cliff’s funeral behind the memories from their life together kept flooding back to her. Most of them were happy memories, she remembered how Cliff had taught her to ride a bike as a child, how they had smashed the windows of the Ewing building downtown as teenagers, how she, Cliff, Afton and Mark had celebrated Cliff’s win of oil baron of the year and how Cliff had walked her down the aisle when she’d remarried Bobby. But then there was also one really horrible memory that kept resurfacing and as much as she tried to block it out of her mind she just couldn’t forget about it. It was haunting her. Maybe it was the fact that it was such a recent memory that she was unable to shut it out. It was simply too fresh in her mind. It was the memory of seeing her brother again for the first time in 27 years. It was a meeting that had taken place last fall in a Mexican prison.

Cliff had looked so old and fragile when she’d first seen him sitting there at the visitors table in the dark and cold prison cell. Walking down the stairs to see him she was almost afraid that he’d get a heart attack from the shock of seeing her. “Who’s there?” He’d yelled out to her, as he didn’t recognize his new visitor.

“It’s me Pam,” she said softly, as she walked up to give him a hug.

But instead of falling into her arm like she had expected, he backed away from her, looking suspiciously at her, “Pam?” He asked in disbelief. “Is this a trick?”

“No, no trick, it’s really me,” Pam said reassuringly, but her brother still wouldn’t believe her.

“No it can’t be, you’re dead.”

“No I’m not I’m right here,” she tried to reason with him.

“No you’re dead,” he insisted, “they sent me your death certificate from that clinic on the other side of the world.”

“I know but it was a fake one,” Pam said in a broken voice. “Katherine paid someone to have it written out and she sent it to you because she knew how much my death would hurt you.”

“No you’re not here,” Cliff put up his hands and covering his eyes, “I must be seeing things.”

“My God Cliff, what have they done to you?” Pam asked worriedly, as she gently touched his back.

“It’s this place, it’s so awful that I must have gone crazy,” Cliff spoke more to himself than to her, as the tears started to run down his face. Seeing her brother like that really scared Pam. Yet she tried her best to soothe him.

“I know Cliff, but don’t you worry, I’m gonna get you out of here,” Pam vowed before she pulled Cliff to her for a hug and he sobbed against her shoulder.

Thinking about it now Pam had to blink back the tears, as it still upset her to think about how Cliff’s own daughter had helped framing him for JR’s murder. Not to mention Bobby’s part in all of it. Pam didn’t even wanna think about that, as she still had some doubts about how true that story was. Cliff had told her about it but in her heart she didn’t want to believe that it was really true. Yet after seeing Bobby today for the first time in 28 years she’d had a bad feeling of that it could actually be true. Since the man she had met today had been a shell of his younger self and seeing how angry, cold and bitter he seemed had really rattled her.