Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

K

Karin Schill

Thank you so much for feedback and ratings. It's much appreciated. :)

@stevew I am glad that you enjoying Lucas & Emma's interactions so far. :)

@Miss Texas 1967 I am glad that you've caught up again. :ch:
Good that you loved the Sue Ellen scenes.

You are right about Ann and Bobby. They really need to communicate better since they are drifting apart.

Then as for the timing. To be honest I got confused myself when I wrote it how much time that passed by. I guess that's why it doesn't quite add up.

Good point about how it is better for Christopher that Nicolas is the father than John Ross. You are absolutely right about that one. John Ross would have fought for his son. Nicolas is dead. So yes it's better this way.

Okay on to another update.

Elena felt disgusted when she learnt of the paternity of her baby. It was one thing to know that she’d slept with a married man. It was another thing to know that she had gotten pregnant with his baby. For the life of her she couldn’t understand how it had happened as she had always been careful with using birth control. But the doctor had told her, when he’d confirmed her pregnancy, that her choice of contraception wasn’t the most effective. So after this Elena had vowed to change birth control. Yet she couldn’t wish that her baby had never been born. Since she loved Drew already. But it pained her to know that the man, who was responsible for her brother’s death, was also the one who had fathered her baby.

“And they are absolutely sure that he’s not yours or John Ross?” She was grasping at straws here but she just didn’t want to believe it.

“Yeah the DNA test was conclusive,” Christopher sighed. “Trevino is the father.”

“I’m sorry Christopher,” Elena sobbed.

“For what?”

“Failing you,” Elena cried, as she knew how much Christopher had wanted the baby to be his so it hurt her to see him hurting like this. “I wanted Drew to be yours so badly.”

“I know and I’m not gonna lie to you, it hurts to know that he’s not mine but I love you Elena. So we’ll get through this.”

“You really mean that?”

“I do,” Christopher nodded. “I know our situation is not ideal and I know I’m horrible to say this, especially now when Pamela Rebecca and John Ross might not be able to have kids, but I am glad that he’s Trevino’s and not John Ross.”

Elena looked surprised at him, “You are?”

“Yeah because Trevino is dead,” Christopher explained. “So he can’t take the baby away from us. You know if he had been John Ross’ he would have fought us for custody.”

“I guess,” Elena said.

“So it’s better this way since it means that I can adopt him,” Christopher said.

Elena’s eyes widened, as she hadn’t expected him to make that offer, “You want to adopt my baby?”

“Yeah I love him so I want him to be my son and that way he will be.”

“Oh Christopher I’d love for you to be Drew’s father, but are you absolutely sure you want to do this?”

“Yeah,” Christopher nodded. “I was adopted so I know that genes really doesn’t matter. It is the people who raise you and love you that are the real parents.”

“So you’re really okay with that he’s not yours?”

“Stop saying that he’s not mine,” Christopher insisted. “Since as far as I am concerned he is! Just as much as his little brother or sister will be some day in the future when we have another child.”

Hearing that not only would Christopher stand by her and raise her baby as his own son, he also wanted them to have another child and be a proper family was a huge relief to her. It touched her so much that Elena could feel her eyes tear up.“Oh Christopher, I do love you.”

“I love you too Elena,” Christopher said before he leant forward and kissed away her tears before he gave her a hug. It was at that moment that Elena knew that things were going to be okay after all. Yes she had been heartbroken to learn the paternity of her baby. But she would learn to live with it. Because although she had hated Nicolas Trevino for his involvement in Drew’s death, she had loved Joaquin, who she had grown up with and her baby reminded her of him. He was innocent. So her baby would not pay for the sins of his father and Elena would forgive Joaquin for becoming Nicolas Trevino. She had thought that she would never be able to do that. But she knew now that she had to for her son’s sake or she might end up hating her own son and he deserved better than that. He deserved to have two parents who loved him and thanks to Christopher he would have that. So yes things were going to be alright after all.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you so much for feedback and ratings. It's much appreciated. :)

@stevew I am glad that you enjoying Lucas & Emma's interactions so far. :)

@Miss Texas 1967 I am glad that you've caught up again. :ch:
Good that you loved the Sue Ellen scenes.

You are right about Ann and Bobby. They really need to communicate better since they are drifting apart.

Then as for the timing. To be honest I got confused myself when I wrote it how much time that passed by. I guess that's why it doesn't quite add up.

Good point about how it is better for Christopher that Nicolas is the father than John Ross. You are absolutely right about that one. John Ross would have fought for his son. Nicolas is dead. So yes it's better this way.

Okay on to another update.

Elena felt disgusted when she learnt of the paternity of her baby. It was one thing to know that she’d slept with a married man. It was another thing to know that she had gotten pregnant with his baby. For the life of her she couldn’t understand how it had happened as she had always been careful with using birth control. But the doctor had told her, when he’d confirmed her pregnancy, that her choice of contraception wasn’t the most effective. So after this Elena had vowed to change birth control. Yet she couldn’t wish that her baby had never been born. Since she loved Drew already. But it pained her to know that the man, who was responsible for her brother’s death, was also the one who had fathered her baby.

“And they are absolutely sure that he’s not yours or John Ross?” She was grasping at straws here but she just didn’t want to believe it.

“Yeah the DNA test was conclusive,” Christopher sighed. “Trevino is the father.”

“I’m sorry Christopher,” Elena sobbed.

“For what?”

“Failing you,” Elena cried, as she knew how much Christopher had wanted the baby to be his so it hurt her to see him hurting like this. “I wanted Drew to be yours so badly.”

“I know and I’m not gonna lie to you, it hurts to know that he’s not mine but I love you Elena. So we’ll get through this.”

“You really mean that?”

“I do,” Christopher nodded. “I know our situation is not ideal and I know I’m horrible to say this, especially now when Pamela Rebecca and John Ross might not be able to have kids, but I am glad that he’s Trevino’s and not John Ross.”

Elena looked surprised at him, “You are?”

“Yeah because Trevino is dead,” Christopher explained. “So he can’t take the baby away from us. You know if he had been John Ross’ he would have fought us for custody.”

“I guess,” Elena said.

“So it’s better this way since it means that I can adopt him,” Christopher said.

Elena’s eyes widened, as she hadn’t expected him to make that offer, “You want to adopt my baby?”

“Yeah I love him so I want him to be my son and that way he will be.”

“Oh Christopher I’d love for you to be Drew’s father, but are you absolutely sure you want to do this?”

“Yeah,” Christopher nodded. “I was adopted so I know that genes really doesn’t matter. It is the people who raise you and love you that are the real parents.”

“So you’re really okay with that he’s not yours?”

“Stop saying that he’s not mine,” Christopher insisted. “Since as far as I am concerned he is! Just as much as his little brother or sister will be some day in the future when we have another child.”

Hearing that not only would Christopher stand by her and raise her baby as his own son, he also wanted them to have another child and be a proper family was a huge relief to her. It touched her so much that Elena could feel her eyes tear up.“Oh Christopher, I do love you.”

“I love you too Elena,” Christopher said before he leant forward and kissed away her tears before he gave her a hug. It was at that moment that Elena knew that things were going to be okay after all. Yes she had been heartbroken to learn the paternity of her baby. But she would learn to live with it. Because although she had hated Nicolas Trevino for his involvement in Drew’s death, she had loved Joaquin, who she had grown up with and her baby reminded her of him. He was innocent. So her baby would not pay for the sins of his father and Elena would forgive Joaquin for becoming Nicolas Trevino. She had thought that she would never be able to do that. But she knew now that she had to for her son’s sake or she might end up hating her own son and he deserved better than that. He deserved to have two parents who loved him and thanks to Christopher he would have that. So yes things were going to be alright after all.

Curious, where are they going to raise this family?

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback and ratings! :)

@CeeCee72 I agree with you about Christopher. I think it makes perfect sense for him to act this way though since he didn't care that Heather had a child since before. So yes he wants to be Drew's father and he will be. :)

@stevew Christopher and Elena are living in her cottage at Southfork right now. So they will stay at Southfork. Maybe some day in the future Christopher will build a new bigger house for them. Or they will just move into the main house. There should still be room there since right now there's only 4 adults living at Southfork. Bobby & Ann and John Ross & Pamela Rebecca. In the old days they were like 7 adults and two kids at the most. :D

Okay so on to the next update and tonight it's time to catch up with the Krebbs family. :)

When Lucas had invited her to a graduation party at his parents’ house Emma could never have guessed that what they were really throwing was a good old fashioned American barbeque with steaks, brown beans, corn and baked potatoes. Somehow she had thought that Lucas was Swiss, but he was actually an American, who had just lived most of his life abroad, just like her. But that’s where the likeness ended since their families couldn’t have been any more different. Lucas family was big, warm, loving and very welcoming. They had actually made Emma feel right at home and she had been able to let her guard down and relax with them. After a couple of glasses of wine she felt like she had known them for ages.

There were Lucas parents Ray and Jenna Krebbs, who had emigrated from Texas in 1988 and settled in Switzerland. Emma had been impressed to learn that Ray had built the house where Lucas had grown up himself. It seemed like he was quite handy that way. He liked to build things and work with his hands and train the horses. He was down to earth, hard working and proud. He also had a sarcastic type of humor that was very American. Jenna on the other hand was more sophisticated and reminded Emma of an American Southern Belle who had a perfect complexion, beautiful light blue eyes and graceful manners. But she was also a strong woman who had a successful career as a fashion designer behind her. She had travelled all over Europe and her work had taken her to Milan, Paris, London and Rome quite regularly. Yet now when that part of her life was over with she seemed oddly content to have settled down back at the farm, riding horses, reading books and babysitting the grandkids.

Lucas sisters were also really nice. At first glance Emma would never have guessed that they were sisters as they were all quite different but all beautiful in their own way. The oldest one was Charlie, who was 42 years old. She was a brunette with brown eyes, who had followed in her mother’s footsteps. She was a fashion designer, who was now running the company that her mother had started. She also shared a closeness to her mother that was unusual. Maybe it was because Jenna had been so young when she had her that mother and daughter were almost as close as sisters. Charlie was married to a handsome blond man with blue eyes who was named Randy Diamond. He was an architect who was running his own company. The couple had two children, a girl named Melanie, who was 14 and a boy named Pascal, who was 10 years old. Melanie had light brown hair with blue eyes and Pascal was blond with brown eyes.

The next sister was Margaret. She was a red haired 28 year old woman with blue eyes, who was living in Washington DC. She was working as a lawyer, specializing in family law. She was mostly representing women and children and was a strong advocate for women’s right. She was a feminist, who was an intellectual and a bit of a know it all. She was one of those women who were putting her career before love so she was currently single and in no hurry to find a man to get married to. She was also opinionated, strong, stubborn and outspoken.

The baby sister was Katie, who was a raven haired woman that had no idea of how beautiful she was. She was charming, sweet, down to earth, funny and surprisingly bright. She was 24 years old and had just graduated from Oxford where she had studied literature and fine arts. She was a bit of a dreamer who wasn’t sure of what she wanted to do with her life. She only knew that she wanted to do something that mattered. Her college boyfriend was a British guy named William, who was a man in his early 30s, who was studying medicine. He was currently working on his Ph D and nobody in the family really understood what Katie and William saw in each other as it was definitely one of those matches were opposites attracts. He was serious, kind, helpful, dedicated, intelligent and a little dull. So nobody really expected their relationship to last now when Katie was out of college.

Ray Krebbs couldn’t help but stare at Lucas new girlfriend. The pretty blonde reminded him of someone but he couldn’t for the life of him figure out who. He just had a funny feeling of that he’d met the girl somewhere before but he couldn’t remember when or where. Lucas had told them that Emma was into show jumping so he guessed that’s where he knew her from and yet he had a nagging feeling at the back of his mind that it was not it. But for the life of him he couldn’t place her and when he’d mentioned his hunch to his wife she’d just laughed at him and said, “Ray Krebbs that’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard.”

“So you don’t recognize her?” Ray motioned towards the girl.

“No, I’ve never seen her before in my life,” Jenna said with a smile, “But I have a feeling of that we’re gonna see a lot more of her from now on.”

“I see what you mean,” Ray nodded. “Lucas seems really smitten with her.”

“Yeah and I’m glad,” Jenna smiled. “I thought he’d never get over Nadine.”

“I always knew he’d bounced back,” Ray said. “It’s Maggie I’m worried about. She hasn’t had a serious boyfriend in five years. She doesn’t even seem to be interested in boys anymore.”

“You don’t think she’s into girls, do you?”

“Hell no!” Ray shook his head. “She’s just a feminist that’s all. She insists she doesn’t need a man to be happy.”

“Well maybe she’s met someone that we don’t know about yet,” Jenna pondered.

“I hope so,” Ray said. “So why don’t you ask her?”

“No it’s better coming from someone else,” Jenna said and nodded at Charlie, who then turned to Maggie with a smile.

“So Maggie, what’s going on in DC?” Charlie pried. “Met anyone interesting lately?”

Unfortunately Margaret misinterpreted the question, “Well I do have a couple of interesting cases coming up...”

“I don’t mean work,” Charlie interrupted Margaret. “I mean personally, are you like dating anyone?”

“Not really,” Margaret said before she went on, “But I am going to take a year of absence from my work.”

“Cool then you can come with me and William to Congo for his internship,” Katie smiled at her older sister.

“You’re going to Africa?” Jenna’s eyes widened, as she hadn’t heard anything about it before.

“Yeah for six months,” Katie said. “William is going to study the Ebola virus.”

“We will try to find a vaccine,” William said. “With the current outbreak of Ebola in West Africa it’s essential that we find a way to stop the virus.”

“I don’t want you to go there Katie,” Ray said. “It’s too dangerous.”

“But dad I want to make a difference,” Katie insisted.

“You won’t be if Ebola kills you,” Ray said.

“Don’t listen to dad, I think that what you’re doing is great sis,” Margaret said. “I wish I could come too but I’ve already signed up to work with Hillary Clinton’s campaign.”

“The what?” Ray exclaimed.

“Hillary Clinton is going to become our first Madame President,” Margaret explained.

“Is she really?” Charlie asked. “I didn’t even know she was in the running.”

“She is and it’s gonna be announced any day now,” Margaret said.

“That’s cool,” Lucas said.

“I still don’t think she will win,” Randy said. “I don’t think America is ready for another President Clinton.”

“That’s what they said about President Bush too and see what happened!” Charlie said.

“Don’t remind me,” Margaret rolled her eyes.

“Well he was a man from Texas,” Ray said. “I don’t think the US is ready for a woman to be President. It is a man’s job.”

“Oh come on grandpa, that is so last century!” Melanie put in her two cents.

“Yeah what this world needs are more women in office. I bet you we’d have a lot less wars if we did,” Margaret said.

“Are you saying that women are better at solving conflicts than men?” Lucas asked.

“Yeah sure,” Margaret said. “I bet Emma agrees with me.”

Emma looked up, surprised at being put on the spot like this, “Oh I don’t know much about politics. I mean I grew up in England.”

“Yeah where Thatcher was prime minister,” Margaret said.

“Who’s that?” Pascal asked.

“Oh she’s dead now but Margaret Thatcher was the first female Prime Minister in the UK,” Margaret said. “When I was little I used to think I might have been named after her.”

“That’s ridiculous,” Ray said. “Donna told me she named you after my mother.”

“Who’s Donna?” Emma asked looking confused.

“Maggie’s mother,” Jenna explained. “She was Ray’s first wife.”

“Oh I didn’t know,” Emma said. “So I guess this means that Charlie’s not Ray’s daughter either?”

“Actually Ray’s adopted me,” Charlie said. “See my dad was never really in the picture and by the time mom and Ray got married he was dead already. So when Ray and mom had been married for two years they asked me if I wanted him to adopt me too and I did since I’ve always wanted a father.”

“I see,” Emma said. “When I was little I always wanted a mother.”

“Your mother’s dead?” Jenna gave Emma a compassionate look.

“No but my parents got divorced when I was little and my dad got custody. So he and grandma raised me while my mom sorted out her life. So I never really got to know her until I was an adult.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Katie said. “Every girl should have a mother to look up to when she grows up.”

Emma flinched from that and sensing that Katie’s comment had made Emma sad Jenna hurried to change the subject, “So Emma how did you and Lucas meet?”

“Oh that is actually sort of a funny story,” Lucas said.

“We met in a ski lift,” Emma said.

“After it got stuck,” Lucas said. “She didn’t say one word to me before that. Then all of a sudden I couldn’t get her to stop talking for two hours.”

“Well excuse me for being a bit scared,” Emma said. “It’s not fun getting stuck in a ski lift.”

“Unless you get stuck with a beautiful blonde,” Lucas twinkled his eyes.

“Are you flirting with me?” Emma gave him an intensive look.

“Maybe,” Lucas said before he went on, “Anyway once we were finally out of the ski lift we ended up having dinner together and after that we’ve been pretty much inseparable.”

“Yeah and yet I keep learning new things about him all the time. Before I came here I never would have figured he was into horses,” Emma smiled.

“And here I was worrying she might be afraid of them,” Lucas said and everyone laughed at that. “Turns out she’s been show jumping for eight years. So it looks like I’ve finally found a girl who can share my not so secret passion for horses,” Lucas looked deep into Emma’s eyes and noticing how they only seemed to have eyes for each other Jenna couldn’t help but smile, as love was definitely in the air tonight.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great update. Sounds like Margaret inherited Donna's political savvy. I wonder how Ray would react if she actually does turn out to be gay.

And of course, can't wait to see what happens when Ray figures out why Emma looks so familiar.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin! I love your story so much and I am so happy that Bobby and Pam have forgiven each other for the past and they were so sweet together with their grandson Drew. I am also happy that Christopher has agreed to adopt Elena’s son Drew even though he isn’t the little boy’s biological father. It also makes sense that you made Nicholas the father of Elena’s son since Nicholas tampered with Elena’s birth control pills even though I wanted either Christopher or John Ross to be Elena’s baby’s biological father.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin! I love your story so much and I am so happy that Bobby and Pam have forgiven each other for the past and they were so sweet together with their grandson Drew. I am also happy that Christopher has agreed to adopt Elena’s son Drew even though he isn’t the little boy’s biological father. It also makes sense that you made Nicholas the father of Elena’s son since Nicholas tampered with Elena’s birth control pills even though I wanted either Christopher or John Ross to be Elena’s baby’s biological father.

Also as Nicholas had no family of his own other then a wife and children, there aren’t any of his parents and siblings to deal with.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for the feedback and ratings. I am glad that you're still enjoying this story. :)

@CeeCee72 Yeah I figured it would make sense for Margaret to be interested in politics considering she grew up in Washington DC with a step-father who was a US senator and a mother who was also politically active. In fact I wrote Margaret pretty similiar to how I write the character in my other Dallas fanfic set in the 1990s. I imagine her to basically be the same person, only older and well of course still in Washington DC. In my other story Donna divorced Senator Dowling and moved back to Texas, whereas in this story Donna and Andrew are still married.

Oh yeah Ray will figure it out soon enough why Emma is familiar and he will be just thrilled when he realizes it!:D

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing I can completely understand why you hoped that the baby would have been Christophers or John Ross. If season four had actually happened that's what I also would have hoped for. But well after thinking about it for a while I decided to make Nicolas the father since that causes less conflict between Christopher and John Ross. Otherwise there would have been a custody battle. So as it is now Christopher can adopt Drew and that settles that.

@stevew yeah Nicolas only family is his children and his widow and they are not interested in raising his love child with Elena. They don't even know about him.

Okay so on to another update.

John Ross was like a wounded animal, who had withdrawn to his lair to lick his wounds. Knowing that he was not Drew’s father had cut him deep, as he had wanted to have a son so badly. He had always assumed that he would become a father some day. But now thanks to the Barnes’ family’s legacy it looked like he could never be one. Of course he could always divorce Pamela or have another affair and hope it resulted in a child. But if he looked deep down in his heart he knew that he didn’t really want to do any of those things since he loved Pamela and he was through hurting her. His last affair had almost cost him his wife, as Pamela had attempted suicide after she’d found out. So he was not about to make the same mistake twice. No he had made a vow when she survived to be a better husband to her and he intended to honor that promise even if it meant giving up his dreams of a family of his own.

But the knowledge of that he might never become a father was still hurting like hell. So he had done what he usually did to forget about his sorrows. He had poured himself a drink and then another one. He was drinking up the last bottle of his father’s whiskey and it did numb the pain a little. But it was not enough. John Ross was wallowing in self-pity and he was so busy feeling sorry for himself that he had completely forgotten about that his wife was going to come home to him. So when she finally walked in through the door he was surprised to see her. “Pamela!”

“John Ross!” She smiled at him before she noticed the empty bottle lying next to him on the bed. “Oh great you’re drunk!” Pamela said sarcastically before she wrinkled her nose, as this wasn’t how she had pictured this moment.

“So what if I am?” John Ross slurred. “I mean can’t a man have a drink in his own house if he feels like it?”

“You’ve had more than one drink,” Pamela saw right through him. “So what’s the occasion?”

“You don’t remember?”

“Remember what?” She asked, as she walked up to him and sat down on the bed next to him.

“We got the paternity test results today...”

“Oh,” Pamela sighed, as she had done her best to forget about that one. But now when he’d reminded her she was about to burst of curiosity. A part of her didn’t want to know since she was afraid that she wouldn’t like the answer. But judging from John Ross reaction she was pretty sure that it had been bad news for him and good news for her. “So who’s the father of Elena’s baby?”

“Nicolas Trevino,” John Ross said bitterly.

“Oh,” Pamela made a face since she had hoped Christopher would be the father. Yet at the same time it wasn't really her problem that he wasn't. It was Elena's headache. All she knew was that she was relieved that her husband hadn't fathered Elena's baby. “So you’re not the father.”

“No I’m not and it sucks because I really wanted to be a father,” John Ross spoke his mind. Usually he wouldn’t have said it but the alcohol had clouded his mind just enough for him to be brutally honest with her. So he went on confiding in her, as the tears ran down his cheeks. “All my life I’ve always thought that I would become one and whenever my dad let me down I always made a vow to myself that when I grew up I wouldn’t redo his mistakes. Don’t get me wrong. I loved my father and he could be a great father. But he could also be a really lousy one in the sense that he could be really selfish and he always tried to manipulate me into doing what he wanted. So I promised myself that I would never do that to my son. I would always put his best interest above my own. I would learn him how to swim and hunt like my dad taught me and when he was old enough I would teach him about the oil business too. But I wouldn’t expect him to follow in my footsteps unless he wanted to. Because I don’t want him to live his life in my shadow, trying to emulate me like I did with my dad. I want him to grow up to be his own person because I want him to be happy. I want my son to be happier than I ever was and most of all I want him to grow up with two parents who love each other and who doesn’t drag him through a bunch of custody battles like my parents did me...”

John Ross suddenly came to a stop when he realized that he was not the only one crying here. His wife was sobbing real bad and her reaction surprised him. “Why are you crying?” John Ross asked his wife. “I thought you’d be happy I’m not the father of Elena’s baby.”

“I am,” Pamela said. “It’s just that you are gonna be the father of mine.”

Her words caught his attention and he gave her a hopeful look, “You’ve changed your mind about us having a baby?”

“No but I’m pregnant John Ross!”

Her words struck him like lightning and for a moment he didn’t know if he had heard her right. Then he searched her eyes for the truth, “Are you serious?”

“Yeah I just found out this morning,” Pamela smiled. “The doctor confirmed it to me. So we’re gonna have a baby after all!”

“Oh honey that’s the best news I’ve had all day,” John Ross said emotionally before he pulled his wife into his arms and hugged her so tightly, “I’m gonna be a father!” John Ross beamed, as suddenly his whole world looked so much brighter again. Knowing that he was going to become a father made him feel hopeful for the future. So as he made love to his wife that afternoon, he made a promise to her that he would stand by her through this and be a better husband. He would also be the best damn father he could be.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
John Ross better lay off that drinking. Sometimes alcoholism runs in the family. I'm torn about whether or not to be happy Pamela Rebecca is pregnant. John Ross is more like his father (and his mother) than he seems to realize.

Great update.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback and ratings. :)

@CeeCee72 you make a good point for why John Ross shouldn't drink. Alcoholism does run in his family and on both sides too as both his mother and uncle Gary are alcoholics. I also agree that John Ross is like both his parents in some ways. Also a Ewing-Barnes baby, what's not to love about that?

@Pammy P don't worry. Bobby and Pam will meet again. Not just right now as the focus is on Lucas and Emma at the moment. But without ruining too much of the plot I can say that Bobby and Pam will share another poignant event soonish...

The dinner with Lucas family was over and it had gone better than Emma had expected. Coming here she had been nervous that they wouldn’t like her. But it turned out that she had worried about nothing since Lucas family had been absolutely wonderful to her. So they had made dinner easy for her. Only thing was that they had thought she and Lucas were more serious than they were so tonight they would be sleeping in Lucas old room. Considering that they hadn’t slept together yet, sharing a room could easily get awkward. But Lucas was doing his best to make her feel comfortable about it. “You know I could ask mom to bring in an extra bed in here if you want?”

“No it’s fine,” Emma shook her head. “I don’t mind sharing a bed. I mean we did last night.”

“Actually no,” Lucas corrected her. “You slept in my bed. I slept on the sofa.”

“Really?” Emma looked surprised at him. “How come I don’t remember that.”

“Because you were drunk,” Lucas reminded her.

“I guess I was,” Emma sighed before adding in a flirtatious voice, “But I’m not drunk tonight.”

“No but...” Emma interrupted Lucas with a kiss that he responded to. But when she tried to pull off his shirt he stopped her. “Emma I’ve told you I want sex to mean something and until we know each other better...”

“Lucas I’m in your room,” Emma said. “I’ve met your parents and sisters, so as far as I am concerned I know all I need to know about you already.”

“Maybe, but I don’t know much about you,” Lucas said.

“What is it you need to know?” Emma asked in an upset tone of voice. For the first time in months she actually felt like sleeping with a man again so to learn that he wasn’t up to it really hurt. “Do you want to know about how my grandmother and dad kidnapped me to push my mother out of my life?” She said angrily. “Or how the married man I loved ditched me after his wife overdosed on pills?” She kept telling Lucas all of her family secrets. She knew she shouldn’t tell him about this as she was opening herself up to him and that made her vulnerable. But she couldn’t stop herself, “Or how about if I tell you about the pig who raped me?” The words just slipped out. She hadn’t planned to tell him about that but hearing the words come out of her mouth the tears soon followed.

“You were raped?” Lucas looked at her with pity and anger in his eyes.

“Yes I haven’t been with a man since, but I wanted to be with you tonight so to find out that you don’t want me...”

“It’s not that I don’t want you,” Lucas said, as he took a step forward and gently drew a lock of her hair away from her face, caressing it, as he dried away her tears before they made eye contact, “It’s just that this is really soon and...”

“You want to get to know me better, I got the memo. So here I am, standing before you like an open book, so why don’t you ask me what you want to know?”

“Have you been tested?”

“What?” She backed away from him like a hurt animal.

“I’m sorry but I need to know, after the rape, did you get tested?”

“I can’t believe you’re asking me that.”

“I think it’s a fair question, I mean if we’re gonna be lovers...”

“Who said we are?”

“You did,” he said, walking up to her again, and slipping his hands around her waist, “you do want me to make love to you, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“So?”

“I don’t have anything. The test was negative.”

“Good,” Lucas said, before he leant forward and gave her the most slow and sensual kiss that Emma had ever experienced. Then he kissed her lips again and again before his tongue came out to play with hers and her head started to spin. Then he proceeded with undressing her, as she undressed him before they fell down on the bed together and as they made love that night Emma got to experience something she had never felt before. She finally got to know how it felt to be with a man who wanted something more from her than just sex.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Aw. Sweet.

You know though, once everyone figures out the family connections, there's gonna be fireworks.

Great update.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback @CeeCee72 .
Oh yeah it's just a question of time until they figure it out...

Chapter fourteen

Emma woke up the next morning with a smile on her face. Then she looked into a pair of sparkling blue eyes that looked at her with affection. In his eyes she could see the way he felt about her and it made her feel something she had never felt before. She felt safe and loved. Usually guys never wanted to wake up with her. They’d just used her for sex and tossed her aside, or she used them and left them. But there was something that was different about Lucas. Waking up with him didn’t scare her. It made her feel good about herself instead. “Hey lover,” Emma smiled at him, before he leant down to kiss her lips.

“So did you sleep well?”

“Like a baby,” Emma purred.

“So last night was...”

“Amazing,” she finished his sentence. “Thank you Lucas. You do know how to make a woman feel really special.”

“So do you,” Lucas said. “I mean you sure know how to please a man.”

“I got that,” Emma laughed. “So what’s our plans for today?”

“Well first I thought we’d have breakfast,” Lucas said, lifting up a breakfast tray. “In bed.”

“I like that idea,” Emma smiled, as she took a grape from the breakfast tray.

“I thought you would,” Lucas said as he too started eating, “Then I figured we could go for a ride.”

“Great. I’d love to see the horses,” Emma smiled.

“Well I meant you could be riding me,” he grinned at her.

“No offense but I’d rather ride the horses,” Emma teased him.

“Ouch,” Lucas pretended to be hurt by that.

“But I guess I could start with you,” she smiled at him, as her fingertips traced down his chest and down towards his abdomen. “If you promise we’d go riding later on this afternoon.”

“Sure as long as we’re out of bed by then,” Lucas said.

“You want to stay here all day?”

“Don’t you?”

“We’ll see,” Emma smiled, before she leant forward and kissed Lucas, and soon breakfast was the last thing on their mind.

K

Karin Schill

Bobby and Sue Ellen were sitting in the conference room of Ewing Global waiting together with their lawyer when Josephine finally walked in with a lawyer of her own in tow. She was fashionably late and Bobby and Sue Ellen were not amused to have been kept waiting like this. “Hello I’m Josephine Greco,” Josephine smiled, as she shook hands with Sue Ellen and Bobby.

“Yes I know who you are,” Bobby said. “I hear you’re my niece and you are 30 minutes late young lady. If it was one thing your dad knew it was the importance of being on time for business.”

“Yeah one should have hoped that he’d taught you that,” Sue Ellen said.

“Well I never knew JR so he couldn’t teach me anything,” Josephine said. “Of course my mother has told me a lot about him.”

“Nothing good I suppose?” Bobby said.

“You’ve got that right,” Josephine smiled. “Anyway shall we get down to business?”

“Yes,” Bobby nodded. “We are willing to make you an offer. We will give you 33 % of Ewing Global stock if you drop your lawsuit where you and Pam sue us for 66 % of the company.”

“You know my lawyer tells me that I have a very good case,” Josephine said. “I could probably get controlling interest of your company if this ever goes to trial. So give me one good reason why I should take the deal!”

“Because it’s what your mother wants you to do,” Bobby said.

“Besides you could end up with nothing if this goes to court,” Sue Ellen said.

“Exactly and since Pam has agreed to drop the lawsuit if we give you your share of the stock I think you will see that you have nothing to gain from dragging this thing to court,” Bobby said.

“You do raise a valid point,” Josephine said.

“So you will take the deal?” Bobby asked.

“Sure I see no reason why not,” Josephine smiled. “Have you drawn up the paper work?”

“Yes,” Bobby said handing over some documents across the table.

“Good, I would like for my lawyer to have a look at it before I sign,” Josephine pushed the documents over to her lawyer who began going through them. “My mom taught me to always read through everything before I sign it or I might sign something important away.”

“Well your mom is right and she learnt that the hard way,” Bobby said.

“Yeah I believe she once signed away your marriage,” Josephine said.

“But Katherine was never married to you...” Sue Ellen looked questioningly at Bobby.

“Naturally she means Pam,” Bobby clarified.

“Oh,” Sue Ellen made a face.

“So are you ready to sign the documents?” Bobby asked.

Josephine looked at her lawyer who nodded at her, “Everything seems in order Miss Greco.”

“Good then I will sign it,” Josephine said before she took a pen and signed the contract. She then pushed them over to Bobby and Sue Ellen and they did the same.

Once they were done Bobby reached out his hand to Josephine, “Welcome to Ewing Global Miss Greco.”

“Thank you,” Josephine smiled.”But I doubt you’ll see me much around the office.”

“What do you mean?” Sue Ellen’s eyes narrowed in suspiciousness.

“Oh she just means that she won’t be hanging on to this stock for that long,” John Ross said, as he walked into the room.

“John Ross,” Sue Ellen sighed.

“What are you doing here?” Bobby’s eyes narrowed.

“Isn’t it obvious uncle Bobby,” John Ross smiled his shit eating grin and Bobby and Sue Ellen exchanged a rather amused look since John Ross reminded them so much of his father at that moment that they knew what was coming. “I am buying Josephine’s shares of the company. So I think I will be needing my old office back. Or wait, now when I’m an equal partner with you guys, I think I deserve the corner office.”

“Actually you won’t be an equal partner,” Josephine burst her brother’s bubble.

“What do you mean?” John Ross’ eyes narrowed. “I thought we had an agreement.”

“We did but there’s been a change of plans,” Josephine said.

“What are you saying?” John Ross droped his chin in surprise before he gave Josephine an annoyed look, “that you won’t sell me your stock?”

“Oh I will sell it to you alright and for the price that we agreed upon,” Josephine said.

“Then I don’t understand,” John Ross said, looking confused.

“It’s all very simple. You will get to buy my stock for twice the market value but I won’t give you all of it," Josephine explained.

“How much are we talking about here?” John Ross asked.

“10 %,” Josephine replied.

“But 10 % is nothing,” John Ross groaned. “What are you gonna do with the rest of it?”

“I’m gonna sell most of it,” Josephine smiled.

“To whom?” John Ross asked.

“To me,” A voice came from the door and in walked Pamela Rebecca. “Josephine here has agreed to sell me 10 % of her stock.”

John Ross looked his wife up and down and smiled, as he was amused by her, “How come you haven’t told me about this little arrangement darling?”

“I wanted to surprise you,” Pamela smiled. “I hope you don’t mind. After all since this used to be my father’s company I figured it was only fair. Josephine here could see my point when I gave her aunt Katherine’s earrings.”

“Yeah that was most kind of you,” Josephine said, pulling her hair back to reveal the emerald earrings she was wearing. “I didn’t have anything to remember her by. I hope you’re not cross with me John Ross.”

“I’m not,” John Ross forced a smile, “But what about the rest of the stock?”

“Oh I will be keeping 10 % of it for myself,” Josephine smiled. “After all a girl needs to get her income from somewhere and I want to make a profit on this. Then I will give the remaining 3 % to my mother.”

“But that’s not the deal we agreed upon,” John Ross complained.

“Well that’s the deal that’s being offered now,” Josephine said. “So take it or leave it.”

“We’ll take it,” Pamela smiled giving John Ross a look before they signed the papers.

“Good then I guess we’re in business,” John Ross said before turning to Bobby and Sue Ellen, “So aren’t nobody gonna welcome me back to the company?”

“Well John Ross, with ten percent there’s not much you can do now,” Bobby said. “I don’t think that will get you a corner office.”

“Fine I’ll settle for my old office back,” John Ross said. “Please I do want to work here. After all I want my son to be able to look up to me like I did to my father.”

That caught Sue Ellen's attention and she gave her son a hopeful look, “Your son?”

“Yes Pamela’s pregnant,” John Ross smiled happily, as he put his arm around his wife’s waist. “So mama that will make you a grandma.”

“But that’s wonderful,” Sue Ellen smiled, as she delightfully clapped her hands together. This was just the kind of news she had been waiting for ever since John Ross and Pamela Rebecca had gotten married. “Congratulations you two!” She smiled, before giving John Ross and Pamela a hug each.

“Thank you,” Pamela managed a smile. “I don’t know if we’ll have a son though, I just hope for a healthy baby.”

“We all do. Oh I’m so excited that I’m going to become a grandma,” Sue Ellen smiled before turning to Bobby, “We can let John Ross work here now, can’t we?”

“Well if that’s what you want, I guess I don’t have much of a choice,” Bobby said before turning to John Ross, “So congratulations John Ross, I knew you’d weasel your way back into the company one way or another,” Bobby smiled before giving his nephew a warning, “But I will be keeping my eye on you!”

“I don’t expect anything less,” John Ross smiled, as they shook hands.

“Naturally I will be needing my old office back too,” Pamela said. “After all I think it’s only fair considering how you stole the company from my father.”

“Well I guess it will be just like old times then,” Bobby said. “See I’ve just given Christopher ten percent of the company. So he will be working here too.”

“Really?” John Ross said. “But doesn’t that mean that you only have 23 % of the company left uncle Bobby.

“Yes but together Sue Ellen and I still have the majority,” Bobby reminded John Ross.

“Sounds like quite the family company,” Josephine said. “I think I’m gonna enjoy working here.”

“I thought you were going to be a silent partner Josephine,” Sue Ellen said.

“And miss the chance to get to know my family?” Josephine said. “No way I want to work here too.”

“Well I guess we can always find something for you to do,” Bobby said before turning to John Ross, “Speaking of which, John Ross now when you’re back with Ewing Global we do have a problem with the railroad commissioner that I think you could solve for us.”

“Sure thing uncle Bobby, leave Judith Ryland to me, I know how to handle that old broad,” John Ross smiled his shit eating grin. Sure his takeover of Ewing Global hadn’t worked out exactly the way he had planned it to. But it had still been successful in the sense that he was back with the company and he sure was looking forward to working here.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for the feedback and ratings. :)

I'm glad you're still enjoying the story @superman fan
I like Katie Holmes and she's an interesting suggestion for Charlie. But I think she's a little bit young for the part. I can picture two other actresses in the role. Since I sort of wrote this so that Charlie ended up with Randy I sort of imagine that this could be Charlie & Randy:

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-277x300.jpg

I know Brangelina split up in real life but oh well...

However if Charlie hadn't ended up with Randy in this story I could imagine this actress as a grown up Charlie:

KateBeckinsale.jpg

Kate Beckinsale

But it's too bad that Shalane McCall went into hiding when she grew older as she was the perfect Charlie!:hat:

K

Karin Schill

Ann had been wrong, the detective he’d hired had lost track of Emma. So it had taken him three days to track her down. It had been nice days that Ann and Harris had spent together, actually enjoying each other’s company. Yet they were both relieved when the detective finally found their daughter as they wanted to be the ones to tell her about Veronica and the longer they waited the bigger the chance that she’d heard it from someone else. So this morning Harris had rented a car and now he and Ann were on their way to see Emma. The car ride had been mostly pleasant so far as they were driving through a beautiful landscape with high mountains covered with pine trees, green valleys with little villages and Swiss chalets. Then the mountains finally planned out as they arrived at the shores of lake Geneva and they could see vineyards along the hills instead. “I never knew Switzerland was this beautiful,” Ann said, as she looked out over the lake where the sunlight was reflecting in the water. “I mean look at that castle over there. Isn’t it magnificent?” Ann pointed towards the Chateau de Chillon in the distance.

“Sure is,” Harris agreed. “It sort of looks like something straight out of a Disney movie!”

Ann looked at Harris like if she was seeing him for the first time and then she smiled at him, “You surprise me Harris!”

“Why’s that?”

“Because I didn’t take you for the guy to watch Disney.”

“Well sure I have, when Emma was little,” Harris smiled as a memory came flooding back to him. “Her favorite Disney movie was The Little Mermaid. She said she wanted to be a mermaid and swim in the sea like Ariel. At least until she dressed out as Ariel for Halloween one year and realized how uncomfortable the tail was. You should have seen her Annie.”

“I’ve missed so much time with her,” Ann said sadly.

“I’m sorry,” Harris said and Ann couldn’t believe her ears that he was actually apologizing to her for kidnapping Emma. What was even more astonishing was that he really meant it too. He was sorry for keeping their daughter away from her. “We do have some home movies and pictures somewhere, I can show them to you if you’d like?”

“It’s not the same,” Ann said.

“I know,” Harris said and they went quiet for several minutes as they were both deep in thoughts about their past. There was tension in the air between them until they approached the house where Emma was visiting with her new boyfriend. Then they put it aside to focus on Emma and what they had come to tell her, “So I guess this is it,” Harris said as he drove in through the gates and onto the driveway of the Krebbs ranch.

“Good,” Ann said as she unbuckled her seatbelt. “Let’s go see if we can find Emma.”

They got out of the car and walked up towards the house where they rang the doorbell. As they waited for someone to open the door Ann felt a little nervous. So subconsciously she leant a little closer to Harris for support. However when the door finally opened and she saw who lived there she quickly stepped away from him in embarrassment.

“Ann Ewing! What on earth are you doing here?” Ray exclaimed before smiling broadly at her. “Did Bobby come with you?”

“Oh My God Ray!” Ann dropped her chin in pure shock, “I didn’t expect to see you here.”

“Then I’m confused,” Ray's smile faded away. “I mean if you’re not here to see me, why did you come here?”

“To see Emma,” Ann explained.

“Emma?” Ray looked questioningly at her.

“Yes my daughter, you know?” Ann said and Ray dropped his chin as it suddenly hit him like lightning.

“Oh yes of course that’s why she looked so familiar!”

“So she’s here then?” Ann asked.

“My detective said she would be,” Harris said and Ray gave him an annoyed look before he confirmed it.

“Yes Emma is here!”

“Good, you see it’s very important that we speak to her,” Harris said.

“I see but it will have to wait for a while,” Ray said. “You see Emma went out riding together with Lucas.”

“I’m not surprised,” Harris said. “She’s always loved horses.”

“Yes she mentioned that,” Ray said when Jenna suddenly showed up at the door.

“Ray what’s taking so long?” She asked. “I thought it was a salesperson.”

“Well it’s not,” Ray shifted uncomfortably since he could sense that this was going to upset Jenna.

“Oh no, don’t tell me it’s one of those Jehovah’s witness again,” Jenna made a face and Ray couldn’t help but laugh at that as Ann and Harris exchanged an amused look. They had both been called a lot of different things over the years but nobody had ever thought they belonged to that religious group ever before.

“No it’s Emma’s parents,” Ray said, as Jenna’s face lit up in a smile.

“Well hello, I’m Jenna Krebbs,” She extended her hand to them. “Your daughter is lovely.”

“Thank you,” Ann smiled.

“We know,” Harris said. “I’m Harris Ryland.”

“And I’m Ann Ewing!” Ann smiled, shaking Jenna’s hand.

“Ewing?” Jenna dropped her chin.

“Yeah I guess we’re sister’s in law,” Ann said. “How come you’ve never joined Ray when he’s visited us at Southfork?”

Jenna froze when she heard that and turned to Ray with questions in her eyes, “Ray what the hell is going on here?”

“Oh I’m sorry," Ray said. "But Ann here is married to Bobby.”

“Oh,” Jenna said, as her face paled and she suddenly felt her legs going weak, as she put two and two together and it was a painful realization, “So you’re Bobby’s wife?”

“Yes,” Ann nodded.

“Well isn’t it a small world after all,” Ray forced a smile, as the whole situation was awkward as heck and he wasn’t any happier than Jenna to see Ann and Harris on his doorstep but considering the circumstances they really had no choice but to invite them into their home.

K

Karin Schill

Emma and Lucas had finally found some time to go out riding on the ranch. They were enjoying themselves as Lucas was showing Emma around, pointing out the special places from his childhood. There was the tree house that his dad built for him, the creek where he’d used to compete with Katie whose leaf went quickest down the stream, the horse paddock where he’d tried to learn how to show jump but instead fell off his horse and broke his arm and finally the neighbors vineyards where he and his best friend used to get stinking drunk when they were teenagers. Emma enjoyed seeing all the places he showed her as for each stop she got to know something new about him and so far she definitely liked what she saw. “So that’s pretty much the grand tour of the ranch,” Lucas finished, as he turned his horse around.

“Thanks for showing me around,” Emma said. “You are lucky to have grown up here. The ranch is absolutely beautiful.”

“I think so,” Lucas smiled. “Of course I’m horribly biased but...”

“Believe me when I say it is beautiful,” Emma said. “And the horses are magnificent too. It’s like I don’t want to leave tomorrow.”

“You mean that?”

“Yeah I could easily stay here forever,” Emma said.

“Then why don’t you?”

“What?”

“You see my dad’s been begging me for years to take over his business. But I’ve always insisted on that I don’t want to settle down here until I’ve found a girl to share my life with and I think I’ve just found her.”

“That’s so sweet,” Emma smiled. “I can honestly say that I’ve never met a man like you ever before Lucas Krebbs.”

“Then why don’t you marry me?”

“What?” Emma dropped her chin in surprise, as she wondered if she’d actually heard him right. “Lucas you can’t be serious. I mean this is crazy, we’ve only known each other for three weeks.”

“I know it’s sudden but when you know, you know,” Lucas said. “I love you Emma and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“I love you too Lucas but...”

“No buts, we love each other and that’s all that matters. So how about if we get married this summer?”

“This is all happening so fast I don’t know what to say,” Emma shook her head in disbelief.

“Say yes,” Lucas said and looking into his sparkling blue eyes Emma felt mesmerized.

“Okay I will marry you,” Emma smiled at Lucas, before they kissed and in this perfect moment she had never felt happier in her life.

To Be Continued...

K

Karin Schill

Chapter fifteen

The church bells were ringing in to a wedding. Most of the guests had showed up at the Catholic Cathedral in Dallas thinking that they were there for a baptizing only to realize that it was not just a baptizing but also a surprise wedding. Watching her son standing before the minister as he was about to marry the woman he loved Pam was getting misty eyed. This was the kind of moment that any mother would be proud to experience and Pam was proud. But she was also grateful that she had been reunited with her son and that they had been able to patch up their relationship after all these years. She was also happy to be able to share this moment with the people she loved, as she was sitting between Josephine and Bobby in church. Bobby was happy to see Christopher settle down too, but after watching his son’s first marriage fall apart he was a bit more skeptical this time. Yet it was nice to see Christopher get married to the woman he loved and he wished that the couple would have a happy marriage. Almost the whole family were there for the wedding too, as Carmen, Sue Ellen, John Ross, Pamela Rebecca, Afton, Mitch, Lucy, Bradley and Ellie were all there. His grandson was there too, as little Drew was sleeping through the entire ceremony in his grandmother’s arms. The only one who was really missing was Ann. But oddly enough Bobby didn’t miss her all that much, as he’d rather share this moment with Christopher’s mother.

“I Christopher Ewing take you Elena Ramos to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part,” Christopher promised Elena with a smile.

Elena smiled back at him the most radiant smile, as she read her vows next, “I Elena Ramos, take you Christopher Ewing to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.”

They smiled at each other as they exchanged the rings that were the symbol of their everlasting love. Then the priest ended the ceremony, “You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined together, men must not divide. Amen.” The priest smiled before he added. “You may kiss the bride.”

As Christopher and Elena shared their first kiss as husband and wife the congregation applauded and then they walked down the aisle together. The wedding ceremony was over. But their married life was soon about to start with something as unusual as the baptizing of their first child.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I have not yet caught up but Emma and Lucas getting engaged caught my eye. On a scale of quick engagements I think they're probably just as doomed as JR and Cally were vs Bobby and Pam who could've been content had they just been left alone :lol: