Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you to everyone who left feedback and/or rated the posts. It's much appreciated! :site:

@superman fan & @Pammy P I am glad that you both found the last update really good. Of course all of the flashback scenes and the letters were borrowed from the original Dallas so it's not so strange that those parts are really great. I guess what I did was putting the pieces of the puzzle together in a way that fits the story I want to tell. In a way it's not much different from when I make fan music videos, as then I also use original scenes and piece them together in new ways to tell a story. But yeah I am glad you enjoy this story! :)

@ilovesoaps100 I think most fans want to see a Bobby & Pam reunion. I know I would have loved to see it happen on the show, in the reunion movies or even on Dallas TNT.
To be honest though when I first began writing this story I had not yet decided where to take Bobby and Pam's story. I knew I wanted to bring Pam back and have her be a part of Christopher's life. But Bobby is married to Ann now so I wasn't sure if it would actually make sense for him to dump her and get back with Pam after not seeing her for almost 30 years. But then after a while the story started writing itself and I knew where it had to go...

I won't ruin the story for you. But a hint is that I am a sucker for happy endings...;)

So I hope everyone keeps on reading. I think you will think it's worth it. I also really appreciate it when you let me know what you think of the story.

Enough said and on to tonight's update.

Pamela Rebecca felt funny being back here. It was the house she had grown up in and yet the place hadn’t felt like home to her for quite a while. After she had moved out it had become her father’s house. But now her father was gone and the house seemed strangely empty without him. Her mother was there with her instead but she still couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was missing. She was half expecting her father to walk out on the patio any minute now and talk about some oil deal. But he didn’t since he was gone.

The tension around the table was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. They both knew what their issue was and yet nobody had brought up the conversation yet. Realizing that her daughter wasn’t going to talk about it, Afton sighed heavily before she said, “I’m glad you were able to join me for lunch today. I didn’t like the way we parted on the night of your father’s funeral.”

“I didn’t either,” Pamela sighed. “Look mom, I’m sorry I lost my temper. It’ s just that dad’s death was such a shock that...”

“I know baby and it’s okay,” Afton said soothingly, as she gently took Pamela Rebecca’s hand into her own and gave her a reassuring squeeze. “I mourn for him too.”

“So I’ve noticed,” Pamela frowned. “I never expected you to go see him before he died.”

“I didn’t either,” Afton sighed. “To tell you the truth if I had known what it was about I might not have gone to Abu Dhabi. But I’m glad I did as it gave me a chance to say a proper goodbye.”

“And yet you robbed me out of that chance,” Pamela said bitterly.

“You robbed yourself out of that chance when you left your father to rot in prison,” Afton pointed out. “After everything that went down between the two of you, Cliff didn’t think you wanted to see him and neither did I.”

“You could have asked,” Pamela said in an accusing tone of voice. “I had a right to know that my father was dying.”

“Yes and you would have if you hadn’t left him in that Mexican prison,” Afton reminded her daughter, “What were you thinking?”

“He killed my babies!” Pamela raised her voice.

“I know,” Afton said, looking sad. “I had a hard time to forgive him for that too. But I think I know why he did it.”

Pamela’s eyes widened, “You do?”

“Yeah he wanted to spare you the pain of having to lose them later on,” Afton explained.

But her daughter was not buying it. So she shook her head in disbelief, “That’s crazy!"

“Yes but your father was already really sick when he made that decision so it wasn’t exactly the act of a rational man,” Afton said, before her eyes turned misty. “Besides your father and I do know how much it hurts to lose a child,” Afton reminded her daughter. “We lost Jacob.”

Pamela stiffened when she heard that name as her parents had barely even mentioned her little brother since he had passed away. But now being reminded of it her feelings overwhelmed her, “I remember,” Pamela said with a tear in her eyes too. “I lost my baby brother.”

“You did but you dealt with the loss better than your father. Jacob’s death devastated him. It drove him to drink and when he was drunk he got mean and...”

“Mom please we’ve been over this a thousand times before,” Pamela cut in, as she didn’t want to speak bad about the dead. “I have had enough of listening to you bad mouthing my father and complaining over what a lousy husband he was.”

“That’s not where I was going with this,” Afton said in an upset tone of voice.

“Really?” Pamela said defensively, crossing her arms, “Since you could have fooled me.”

“You don’t know why your father fell apart when Jacob died now, do you?”

“Because he was weak?”

“No because he was feeling guilty,” Afton corrected her daughter. “You see the disease that killed Jacob is hereditary and your dad had it too. So he felt it was his fault that Jacob died and as much as I tried not to blame him for it, a part of me did too.”

“I see,” Pamela nodded before she realized what her mother had really said and a horrible thought occurred to her, “But I don’t have it do I?”

“No you are healthy, but you are still a carrier of the disease. So any child you and John Ross might have could end up dying before he or she is two years old,” Afton said in a quivering voice. “Just like Jacob did.”

Pamela felt like someone had just kicked her in the stomach when she heard that. Because she and John Ross were trying to have a baby. They both wanted a child so badly but after having lost the twins Pamela had been hesitating. It had been hell to lose her babies before they were born. So she hadn't been sure she was strong enough to go through all that again. Then now when she'd finally decided it was worth the risk, her mother told her that she might lose her child before it was two years old. It was too much and Pamela just knew that if that would happen to her she would never survive it. “Why haven’t you told me about this before?”

“I did but it was a long time ago and when you were pregnant with the twins I didn’t want to worry you,” Afton explained. “I was afraid the stress might cause you a miscarriage.”

“Thanks for your concern but I had a right to know,” Pamela said angrily, as the tears spilled over on her cheeks. “So what’s the name of this horrible disease that I’ve got?”

“Neurofibromatosis,” Afton said.

“But that’s what killed dad!”

“Yes,” Afton agreed. “The disease is really bad in infants and elderly people. I think Cliff’s father might have died from it too.”

“So what you’re saying is that I’m cursed?” Pamela cried.

“No,” Afton shook her head. “Chances are that you’ll never develop any symptoms of the disease.”

“But dad did,” Pamela said, as she let her hand go up to her hair and she started to twist a lock of it around her finger.

“Yes,” Afton cried. “He was healthy when we were together but in the last five years or so he was really ill. He even had a couple of brain tumors removed from his skull.”

“That’s strange," Pamela's eyes narrowed. "I don’t remember dad having any surgery..."

“That’s because he didn’t want to worry you,” Afton said. “Cliff loved you so he wanted to spare you the pain.”

“But he still gave me a disease I never can get rid of and now thanks to it I can never have any children?” Pamela snorted since this whole situation was more than ironic. It was downright unfair.

“I can understand that you feel that way now,” Afton said compassionately before she tried to reason with her daughter. “But I don’t think you should let that stop you from having children. Chances are that you’ll have a healthy baby. I mean I had you and I am glad for it.”

“But you lost Jacob,” Pamela said.

“I did,” Afton said pensively. “But I am still glad I have you. I love you Pamela and despite everything your father loved you too.”

“Thanks mom. I love you too and I would love to become a mom. But knowing that my baby might die within two years I just don’t know if I’m willing to risk it,” Pamela said, as she could feel a headache coming on. Her conversation with her mother had left her with a lot to think about. She now understood why her father had acted so crazy towards the end of his life. But it didn’t make up for the loss of her babies. There was a void in her life that could only be filled by having a child but now she didn’t know if that would ever happen. What was even worse was that she and John Ross were already trying to have kids. But that she didn’t tell her mother, as she didn’t want to burden her with that. There was one person however who definitely needed to know about this. But she didn’t know how to tell John Ross about her family’s disease without breaking up her already frail marriage.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Caught up again now :)

I'm interested to see how Bobby deals with Pam's return now that he's realised the reality of what he missed not chasing Pam. If there is to be a Bobby/Pam pairing it's going to be difficult with Ann because I do think she loves Bobby. They have crappy communication but that's not exclusive to them. I think Ann and Harris are a terrible romantic pair, their history is not redeemable in my mind, so I wouldn't want to see an everyone returns to their former spouse thing. I'm fascinated to see how this dynamic works. I also still think Pam and Ann have a few things to discuss, but obviously Bobby and Pam need to talk first.

I really like Pam and Afton's friendship. They were friendly on the show and it only makes sense they'd feel comfortable with each other here too. The Jacob story is very sad :(

I'm glad Pam and Christopher spoke. They have to get to know each other again now, they've missed so much time together.

John Ross and Pamela Rebecca need to talk about more than just neurofibromatosis, I think they need to lay out everything about their relationship with each other and other people. Pam had an interesting observation with the business arrangement thought. John Ross and Pamela Rebecca would be stronger together if they didn't need to be so defensive with each other, they should be able to work as a team without it being a drama every time one speaks and says something. I wonder too if we're going to get a twist where they've already started to try to have a baby and now Pamela Rebecca has the news she does about neurofibromatosis it's actually out of her hands whether or not they continue trying, because she's already pregnant.

John Ross and Josephine is an interesting pairing too. I understand what they're after on the surface of it but I still sort of wonder what's in it for Josephine. It doesn't seem like she was living a bad life before John Ross came along, so I want to believe she's motivated by getting in with her family and since John Ross wants the company badly she's happy to help him, but I don't know if that's all it is.

I want more Sue Ellen scenes now too :) A Sue Ellen and Pam scene would be nice.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it. :)

@superman fan thanks for the ratings. I am glad you liked the scene with Afton & Pamela Rebecca. :)
@Miss Texas 1967 thank you so much for your detailed feedback. I enjoyed reading your comments and I'm glad you've caught up again. :ch:
You are right about Ann she does love Bobby and I think Bobby loves her too. I mean he wouldn't have married her if he didn't. Of course their relationship will always be different from what he and Pam had as they were much older when they got together. Like for instance Bobby & Pam shared a son and she knew his parents. Ann never knew them and she and Bobby never had kids. To be honest I think that was a mistake when Dallas TNT came back. If they had wanted to create a stronger Bobby & Ann pairing they should have given them a teenage daughter to start with and had them been married for longer than 7 or 8 years. It would have created a different dynamic to start with and it would also have given teenagers someone their own age to relate to. I think that was a a part of the success of the original show that the people in the family represented three different generations and age groups.

Yes the Jacob story is very sad. But I think it makes sense with the people that Cliff and Afton turned out to be on the Dallas TNT version. There had to be some explaination for why Cliff turned out the way he did and I think losing a child would ruin Cliff and Afton's marriage. :(

Yeah I think Pam and Afton's friendship makes sense since they are practically sister's-in-laws. Even if Pam was no longer around when Afton finally married Cliff they did know each other since before and always liked each other. Heck Afton even named her daughter after Pam so they were close. :pals:

You are right that John Ross and Pamela Rebecca works best when they collaborate together. They should be the power couple standing by each other instead of constantly working against each other and struggle for power. Then as for if your prediction of her already being pregnant is correct or not, I guess you'll have to keep reading and see what happens! ;)

I'm glad that you like John Ross and Josephine. I think Josephine is in a unique position since she is John Ross sister but in a sense she is also Christopher's sister and she is Pamela Rebecca's cousin. So she's really a part of the family.

You will be happy to know that there will be a lot more of Sue Ellen coming up in this story and yes there is a Pam and Sue Ellen scene. But you will have to wait quite a long time for it as Pam will catch up with another member of the Ewing family first...

Ann had been banging on Emma’s door for fifteen minutes by now but her daughter still stubbornly refused to see her. “Ann give it up. There’s no use!”

“No Harris, that’s my daughter in there and I won’t give her up again!”

“I didn’t suggest you should. But Emma clearly won’t see you.”

“I know, I’ve lost my daughter again,” Ann said before she began to sob.

“No you haven’t lost her,” Harris said reassuringly, as he took Ann’s hand in his.

“But she won’t even talk to me Harris!”

“She’ll come around. Just give her some time,” Harris said, as he they started walking down the stairs.

“It’s been two days!”

“I know but if it’s any consolation she won’t talk to me either,” Harris said.

“She won’t?”

“No she hasn’t left her room since we talked to her,” Harris said.

Ann looked horrified when she heard that, “But then how does she gets food?”

“Mama brings her food,” Harris sighed. “For some reason Emma hasn’t shut her out.”

“Probably because she doesn’t know what’s happened to her,” Ann reasoned.

“Oh I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” Harris said. “Nothing gets passed my mama.”

“Then she hasn’t confronted Emma about it like we did,” Ann said, as they came to a stop in the hallway.

“I guess not,” Harris said.

“Oh Harris what are we gonna do?” Ann sobbed. “I want Emma to get better but she refuses to let me help her.”

“I know it hurts, doesn’t it?” Harris said.

“It really does,” Ann sobbed. “I had finally won Emma over and now I’ve lost her again...”

“Well can you blame her for not trusting you?” Harris asked. “You did betray her confidence.”

“What are you saying?” Ann asked. “That I shouldn’t have told you?”

“No I’m glad you did Annie,” Harris said softly, as he gently dried her tears with the back of his hand, “I had noticed that Emma kept to herself since she got back from Mexico but I didn’t know what was wrong with her. At least now I know what is going on.”

“Yeah but it hurts seeing Emma like this,” Ann said.

“I know it hurts me too,” Harris said, “I want Emma to get better so badly.”

“Not as badly as I do,” Ann said. “I blame myself for leaving her in Mexico. If I could have traded places with her I would.”

“Annie, you can’t blame yourself for what happened to Emma,” Harris said. “It wasn’t your fault. If anyone’s to blame it’s me for dealing with the cartel in the first place. I wish now that I hadn’t.”

“No what you did was brave. Not all men can handle going undercover like you did,” Ann said.

“Thanks but I took it too far,” Harris said. “Besides by not letting my mother or Emma in on it, they both worked against me at one time or another and tried to deal with the cartel on their own. That’s what got Emma kidnapped. My dealings with the cartel.”

“No Harris,” Ann shook her head, as she looked him straight in the eyes. “It’s not your fault we were kidnapped.”

“Thanks for saying that but we both know that isn’t true,” Harris said.

“I don’t blame you and I am sure Emma doesn’t either so you shouldn’t blame yourself,” Ann said. “What happened to Emma was out of our control.”

“That’s what makes this so hard,” Harris said, as the angry tears started to well up in his eyes as well. “It makes me feel helpless and I hate that.”

“I know,” Ann said softly and seeing how broken up Harris was over the whole ordeal she suddenly felt an urge to comfort him. So she pulled him into a hug and he cried against her shoulder like a child. He was practically inconsolable and realizing how much pain he was in endeared him to her. All these years he had been so lonely. He had never remarried anyone after her. So he’d never had anyone else to share his problems with. But now she was here and she was willing to listen to him, comfort him and forgive him for all the bad blood that there had been between them. She shared his sadness and it felt like less of a burden to share it with someone. So they stood like that for a long time, just finding solace in each other. They were so wrapped up in each other and the pain they both felt that neither one of them noticed that his mother was standing on the reeling of the stairs, watching them like a hawk and she didn’t like what she saw.

Last edited:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Christopher had been nervous about introducing Elena to his mother but it turned out that he had worried about nothing, since when Pam finally opened the door to Cliff’s house and saw Elena and Christopher standing there on the stairs, she couldn’t have been happier to see them. “Christopher!” She exclaimed as she pulled him into a hug.

“Hi mom,” he smiled, before he pulled back and motioned towards his girlfriend, “You remember Elena?”

“Oh yes, Elena Ramos, look at you!” Pam exclaimed. “You’ve grown up into a beautiful woman.”

“Oh Pam I’m so glad to see you,” Elena smiled warmly at the other woman before they embraced. It was then that Pam noticed it, the shape of Elena’s stomach.

“And you’re pregnant!” Pam smiled, as she looked at Elena’s stomach.

“Yes mom, you’re going to become a grandma,” Christopher exclaimed happily.

“Oh Christopher! I’m so happy for you,” Pam said with tears in her eyes, as she hugged her son tightly. “I promise I’ll be a better grandma than I’ve been mother.”

“Good then I take it you’re not going back to Abu Dhabi anytime soon?” Christopher smiled.

“No, I’ve decided to stay in Dallas.”

“Good we’re gonna hold you to that promise!”

“Yeah so you can expect a lot of babysitting,” Elena winked.

“Sounds great,” Pam smiled, as they walked into the backyard where Pam had prepared some coffee, lemonade and biscuits for them.

They sat down and began eating before Christopher looked around, “So where’s Josephine?”

“Yeah I thought she would join us,” Elena said.

“You know I was quite looking forward to get to know my sister,” Christopher said, well aware of that Josephine was really his cousin. But knowing how his mother felt about the girl he knew better than to point that out.

“I’m sorry Christopher,” Pam sighed, “But I don’t think that’s gonna be possible right now.”

“Why is that?” Christopher asked.

“Oh well I might as well just tell you since you’re gonna find out anyway,” Pam sighed heavily, “You know John Ross is Josephine’s brother too, right?”

“Right,” Christopher nodded.

“Anyway turns out that John Ross has persuaded your sister into suing Ewing Global for 33 % of the company.”

“What?” Christopher’s jaw dropped. “But she can’t do that!”

“Yes she can,” Pam sighed. “See Josephine would have inherited Katherine’s share of Wentworth Industries upon her death. But she never got her inheritance. Instead Cliff kept it all for himself and since Wentworth’s industries got swallowed up into Barnes Global...”

“Josephine’s claim is now with Ewing Global,” Elena pieced it together.

“But do you really think she will sue dad and aunt Sue Ellen?”

“Yes, I’m afraid so,” Pam said. “I had lunch with John Ross, Pamela and Josephine the other day. They wanted me to sue them for my share of the company too.”

“You’re suing my father?” Christopher asked angrily.

“No,” Pam shook her head. “I don’t wanna get in the middle of all that. So I’ve told them to leave me out of it.”

“Good,” Christopher said relieved.

“Anyway I just thought you should know what John Ross and Josephine are up to,” Pam said. “Then it’s up to you if you wanna warn your father or not.”

“Thanks I appreciate that,” Christopher sighed. He wished he could have said that he was surprised to hear that John Ross had managed to poison his new sister’s mind against the rest of her family. But he wasn’t since it was just what one could expect from John Ross. Yet he was glad to hear that his mother at least had the good sense to stay out of the conflict, since he just knew that it was going to become an infected battle and he really didn’t feel like getting stuck in the middle of all that either.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thanks @stevew for rating my story. :)

Later that evening were John Ross and Pamela Rebecca having dinner at the oil baron’s club. “So how was your lunch with your mother?”

“Good actually,” Pamela replied. “We mended some bridges.”

“I’m glad,” John Ross said.

“No you’re not,” Pamela said.

“Yes, really I’ve never had a problem with Afton. My problem was with your father.”

Pamela sighed when she heard that, “I know but mom explained why he got the way he did.”

“And?”

“It was the neurofibromatosis,” Pamela explained. “It made him act crazy as it was hurting his brain.”

“Neurofibromatosis?”

“Yeah it’s a disease my dad had,” Pamela said. “Anyway dad didn’t want me to see him like that so that’s why I was robbed of my chance of saying goodbye to him when he was dying.”

“So he was trying to protect you?”

“Yeah,” she nodded, “I guess that means that he did love me,” Pamela said wistfully before biting her lip, as there was something she needed to tell her husband but she didn’t quite know how to, “Only bad thing is that the disease my dad had it’s hereditary. Mom had me tested for it and I am healthy but it was what killed my brother. I had forgotten about that,” the tears welled up in her eyes, as this was being very painful for her. “So mom also said that there’s a risk that I will pass it on to my kids. Mom thought that was the real reason my dad killed my babies. Since he wanted to spare me the pain of losing them before they were two years old...” Pamela stopped when she realized that her husband was no longer listening to her. “John Ross?” She hit him on his arm.

“Sorry darling, you were saying?”

Pamela sighed heavily since she didn’t feel like going over this one more time. “Forget it John Ross, let’s talk about it some other time.”

“No I see you’re mad,” John Ross asked. “So what is it?”

“Nothing good,” Pamela muttered before she shifted the focus away from her, “So what’s keeping you so preoccupied anyway?”

“My mama,” John Ross said bitterly.

Pamela looked surprised, “Sue Ellen’s here?”

“Yes I just spotted her, she’s having dinner with Bum,” John Ross cheek hardened as it hurt him.

Pamela gave him a sympathic look since she thought she understood what this was all about now, “And you don’t like that your mother’s moving on with someone so soon after your father died?”

“Yeah but there’s more to it than that,” John Ross sighed before he decided to level with her. “See Bum was the one who really killed my father!”

His words strung her like a bee, as she was completely shocked and also hurt to find out that, “Oh My God!” Pamela dropped her cheek, as his revelation confirmed to her what her father had said all along. That he had not killed JR. Yet John Ross had made her believe that he had and had ruined her relationship with her father. Pamela’s eyes narrowed as she wondered if he had known who the real killer was all along. “How long have you known?”

John Ross shifted uncomfortably, “That’s besides the point," John Ross looked down unable to meet his wife’s eyes. It made her think that he had probably known it for a long time already and it made her furious with him. " Anyway I think I have the right to be upset that my mom’s apparently dating the man who killed my father. I thought dad meant more to her but I guess I was wrong!”

Seeing the expression on his face she realized that no matter of how long he had known her husband was still hurting badly from the loss of his father just like she was hurting from the loss of hers. Knowing that made it impossible for her to stay angry with him. So instead she directed her anger in another direction. “You’re mother sure is a piece of work,” Pamela said before she frowned, as it occurred to her that there could be a reason for Sue Ellen’s behavior. “Think she’s drinking again?”

“Nope,” John Ross shook his head, “That’s what makes this even worse. It’s not even a drunken mistake. She actually is interested in the man who killed my father!” John Ross said as he stood up.

“What are you doing?” Pamela asked. “We haven’t even finished our dinner!”

“I lost my appetite!” John Ross said angrily. “So let’s get the hell out of here before I vomit. Those two are looking so cozy together that it makes me sick!”

“Alright let’s go,” Pamela said, before they got up. As they walked away from the restaurant John Ross considered walking up to his mother and cause a scene, but then opted against it as he didn’t want to drag the Ewing name through the mud more than he had to. So no he’ll confront his mama about her new love interest alright. But he’ll wait and do it until they were alone, as this was definitely a private conversation.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thanks @stevew for rating my story. :)

Later that evening were John Ross and Pamela Rebecca having dinner at the oil baron’s club. “So how was your lunch with your mother?”

“Good actually,” Pamela replied. “We mended some bridges.”

“I’m glad,” John Ross said.

“No you’re not,” Pamela said.

“Yes, really I’ve never had a problem with Afton. My problem was with your father.”

Pamela sighed when she heard that, “I know but mom explained why he got the way he did.”

“And?”

“It was the neurofibromatosis,” Pamela explained. “It made him act crazy as it was hurting his brain.”

“Neurofibromatosis?”

“Yeah it’s a disease my dad had,” Pamela said. “Anyway dad didn’t want me to see him like that so that’s why I was robbed of my chance of saying goodbye to him when he was dying.”

“So he was trying to protect you?”

“Yeah,” she nodded, “I guess that means that he did love me,” Pamela said wistfully before biting her lip, as there was something she needed to tell her husband but she didn’t quite know how to, “Only bad thing is that the disease my dad had it’s hereditary. Mom had me tested for it and I am healthy but it was what killed my brother. I had forgotten about that,” the tears welled up in her eyes, as this was being very painful for her. “So mom also said that there’s a risk that I will pass it on to my kids. Mom thought that was the real reason my dad killed my babies. Since he wanted to spare me the pain of losing them before they were two years old...” Pamela stopped when she realized that her husband was no longer listening to her. “John Ross?” She hit him on his arm.

“Sorry darling, you were saying?”

Pamela sighed heavily since she didn’t feel like going over this one more time. “Forget it John Ross, let’s talk about it some other time.”

“No I see you’re mad,” John Ross asked. “So what is it?”

“Nothing good,” Pamela muttered before she shifted the focus away from her, “So what’s keeping you so preoccupied anyway?”

“My mama,” John Ross said bitterly.

Pamela looked surprised, “Sue Ellen’s here?”

“Yes I just spotted her, she’s having dinner with Bum,” John Ross cheek hardened as it hurt him.

Pamela gave him a sympathic look since she thought she understood what this was all about now, “And you don’t like that your mother’s moving on with someone so soon after your father died?”

“Yeah but there’s more to it than that,” John Ross sighed before he decided to level with her. “See Bum was the one who really killed my father!”

His words strung her like a bee, as she was completely shocked and also hurt to find out that, “Oh My God!” Pamela dropped her cheek. “How long have you known?”

John Ross shifted uncomfortably, “That’s besides the point. Anyway I think I have the right to be upset that my mom’s apparently dating the man who killed my father. I thought dad meant more to her but I guess I was wrong!”

“You’re mother sure is a piece of work,” Pamela said before she frowned. “Think she’s drinking again?”

“Nope,” John Ross shook his head, “That’s what makes this even worse. It’s not even a drunken mistake. She actually is interested in the man who killed my father!” John Ross said as he stood up.

“What are you doing?” Pamela asked. “We haven’t even finished our dinner!”

“I lost my appetite!” John Ross said angrily. “So let’s get the hell out of here before I vomit. Those two are looking so cozy together that it makes me sick!”

“Alright let’s go,” Pamela said, before they got up. As they walked away from the restaurant John Ross considered walking up to his mother and cause a scene, but then opted against it as he didn’t want to drag the Ewing name through the mud more than he had to. So no he’ll confront his mama about her new love interest alright. But he’ll wait and do it until they were alone, as this was definitely a private conversation.

To Be Continued...

John Ross has no one it seems, a lot like his dad. In his mind he is a lone. Don’t get me wrong, I love Sue Ellen, but she couldn’t have ever helped. I think it’s what disappointed me most about TNT Bobby. He was the one person that no matter what came around and understood JR. I hoped some of that went John Ross’s way. It’s what made Bobby so much better than anyone else. Your John Ross actually reminds me a lot of Emma, very much alone and not trusting anyone. I do remember he earned a special place with Judith. I’m sure Jock was that way too, even keeping his mentally ill wife a secret because no one understood. I wish Pamela was a bit easier on him but then he’s never given her a reason to. Kind of JR and Sue Ellen all over again.

Pamela’s pretty much in the same boat. Her mother’s listening but it seems that she has this abandonment feeling as well. Funny, Chris whines about his mother abandoning him, then easily forgives her, but he’s had Bobby all these years. Bobby even abandoned his sense of right and wrong to support Elena. No way he would have agreed putting off paying Sue Ellen. No way he wouldn’t have questioned getting in engaged to a girl on the same day she broke up with family. No way he would have back this methane extraction over the build blocks of a financially sound company by putting oil first and the money it brings in to build up case reserves. Chris could always count on Bobby to even abandon all logic and his personal sense of right and wrong for Chris. While Pamela is truly alone, in her mind her husband isn’t even there for her.

A very sad chapter in total. Though I do hope Sue Ellen might find some happiness.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you Shan, Silvie and Steve for the feedback it's much appreciated. :bh:

I'm sorry about the lack of update yesterday but the board was down when I wanted to post.

@stevew you made an interesting observation about how John Ross is alone and Pamela too. In a way you are right. They are married so they should be able to stand by each other. But they do have issues that has alienated them a bit from each other. They have trust issues. They do remind me of JR/SE in the sense that their relationship is also destructive and yet they do love each other. They have a bit of the Bobby-Pam dynamic too of a Barnes being married into the Ewing family. Then there's a part that is like a business merger. They are an interesting couple that's for sure. :)

I agree that Bobby has always had Christopher's back. He loves Christopher so much that he even turned his back on Lucas not to hurt Christopher's feelings.
I think Bobby in the Dallas TNT version was very angry and bitter. So he definitely had changed from the original Dallas. I guess he turned out that way because he lost April and Pam.

Anyway on to the update.

Chapter eight

When Judith Ryland had called, requesting this meeting Bobby’s curiosity had been piqued. When she’d suggested that they’d meet for lunch to discuss business he’d felt hopeful. But when she’d requested they’d meet alone, without Sue Ellen he’d gotten suspicious. Since what kind of business could we possibly have to discuss that doesn’t concern Sue Ellen? Bobby didn’t get it and he’d been close to blowing off the whole thing. But Judith had reassured him that it was in his best interest in seeing her and since he and Sue Ellen did need her permit to get their Arctic oil into Texas he had reluctantly agreed to having lunch with her. But he hadn’t expected what she was going to tell him. “You know I’ve given the situation with the Ewing tankers some thought since our last meeting and I think there might be a way I could grant you that permit after all,” Judith drawled and Bobby’s eyes narrowed as he tried to understand what new game she was playing with him. Her change of heart sure caught him by surprise.

However since he knew enough about poker not to let the other players see his cards he masked his surprise, “Well good that’s what I was hoping this was about.”

“Of course there’s a price tag attached,” Judith smiled and Bobby sighed as Judith went on, “See I will only give you those permits if you could do something for me in return.”

“I hadn’t expected any less, so what do you want this time?” He asked harshly. “Or is this still about reinstalling John Ross at Ewing Global?”

“No,” Judith shook her head.

“But I thought you only wanted to do business with us through him,” Bobby said.

“I did but that was before I realized that we have another more pressing issue.”

“So something new has come up and now you’re willing to throw my nephew underneath the bus?”

“John Ross is a resourceful young man so I’m sure he’ll find a way to weasel his way back into your company even without my help.”

“Jeez Judith I wonder if John Ross knows what a loyal partner you are.”

“Cut the bull Ewing. You are in no position to ridicule me when you can’t even control your own wife!”

Bobby’s eyes narrowed, “What do you mean?”

“Exactly what I just said,” Judith said. “Or weren’t you aware of that your wife is doing her best to snare my son again?”

“That is absurd," Bobby snorted. "Ann is not interested in Harris!”

“Oh that’s what I thought too but then she started spending all that time at the house. Like yesterday...”

“I already know that she went to see Emma,” Bobby interrupted her.

“Yes but do you also know that she wasn’t actually allowed to see Emma?”

“What do you mean?” Bobby asked, “she was gone for hours!”

“Yes she spent the afternoon with Harris,” Judith informed Bobby. “I saw them with my own eyes. She was consoling Harris in a way that only a lover would.”

Hearing that Bobby could feel the anger rise inside of him until it boiled over and he stood up abruptly, “And you expect me to believe that?”

“Believe what you want,” Judith said. “But I know what I saw and I don’t like it any more than you do since the last thing my boy needs is that awful woman back in his life again. So what I want is for you to keep them apart. If you can keep Ann away from Harris I will give Ewing Global the deal you want. So do we have an understanding?”

“I don’t like what you are implying,” Bobby said.

“That your wife is having an affair with my son, you mean?” Judith said gleefully.

“Exactly, we both know it’s not true,” Bobby said.

“It might not be true today but unless you do something about it now it could very well be true tomorrow,” Judith said tauntingly. “You don’t have to thank me for giving you a fair warning Bobby. But I thought you should know what’s going on.”

“Nothing’s going on,” Bobby denied it.

“Well if you really believe that you must have been living underneath a rock for the past year or so. I’m telling you that Ann and Harris are growing closer and we’d better put a stop to it before it spiral out of control. So can I count on you to do your part?”

“Fine I’ll talk to Ann, but you’d better keep your part of the deal and give us those permits,” Bobby pointed his finger at Judith before he stormed off in anger. What he had just learnt had pissed him off. Not because he really believed that his wife was having an affair with her ex, but because Ann was a damn hypocrite. She demanded that he’d stay away from Pam because she was feeling insecure about their marriage and yet she was still spending time with Harris behind his back and in Bobby’s eyes there was something seriously wrong about that scenario. Since if Ann was allowed to see Harris, he should be allowed to see Pam. God he was really itching to see Pam, even though he knew that for the sake of his marriage it would definitely be better if they both stayed away from their ex’s...

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you Shan, Silvie and Steve for the feedback it's much appreciated. :bh:

I'm sorry about the lack of update yesterday but the board was down when I wanted to post.

@stevew you made an interesting observation about how John Ross is alone and Pamela too. In a way you are right. They are married so they should be able to stand by each other. But they do have issues that has alienated them a bit from each other. They have trust issues. They do remind me of JR/SE in the sense that their relationship is also destructive and yet they do love each other. They have a bit of the Bobby-Pam dynamic too of a Barnes being married into the Ewing family. Then there's a part that is like a business merger. They are an interesting couple that's for sure. :)

I agree that Bobby has always had Christopher's back. He loves Christopher so much that he even turned his back on Lucas not to hurt Christopher's feelings.
I think Bobby in the Dallas TNT version was very angry and bitter. So he definitely had changed from the original Dallas. I guess he turned out that way because he lost April and Pam.

Anyway on to the update.

Chapter eight

When Judith Ryland had called, requesting this meeting Bobby’s curiosity had been piqued. When she’d suggested that they’d meet for lunch to discuss business he’d felt hopeful. But when she’d requested they’d meet alone, without Sue Ellen he’d gotten suspicious. Since what kind of business could we possibly have to discuss that doesn’t concern Sue Ellen? Bobby didn’t get it and he’d been close to blowing off the whole thing. But Judith had reassured him that it was in his best interest in seeing her and since he and Sue Ellen did need her permit to get their Arctic oil into Texas he had reluctantly agreed to having lunch with her. But he hadn’t expected what she was going to tell him. “You know I’ve given the situation with the Ewing tankers some thought since our last meeting and I think there might be a way I could grant you that permit after all,” Judith drawled and Bobby’s eyes narrowed as he tried to understand what new game she was playing with him. Her change of heart sure caught him by surprise.

However since he knew enough about poker not to let the other players see his cards he masked his surprise, “Well good that’s what I was hoping this was about.”

“Of course there’s a price tag attached,” Judith smiled and Bobby sighed as Judith went on, “See I will only give you those permits if you could do something for me in return.”

“I hadn’t expected any less, so what do you want this time?” He asked harshly. “Or is this still about reinstalling John Ross at Ewing Global?”

“No,” Judith shook her head.

“But I thought you only wanted to do business with us through him,” Bobby said.

“I did but that was before I realized that we have another more pressing issue.”

“So something new has come up and now you’re willing to throw my nephew underneath the bus?”

“John Ross is a resourceful young man so I’m sure he’ll find a way to weasel his way back into your company even without my help.”

“Jeez Judith I wonder if John Ross knows what a loyal partner you are.”

“Cut the bull Ewing. You are in no position to ridicule me when you can’t even control your own wife!”

Bobby’s eyes narrowed, “What do you mean?”

“Exactly what I just said,” Judith said. “Or weren’t you aware of that your wife is doing her best to snare my son again?”

“That is absurd," Bobby snorted. "Ann is not interested in Harris!”

“Oh that’s what I thought too but then she started spending all that time at the house. Like yesterday...”

“I already know that she went to see Emma,” Bobby interrupted her.

“Yes but do you also know that she wasn’t actually allowed to see Emma?”

“What do you mean?” Bobby asked, “she was gone for hours!”

“Yes she spent the afternoon with Harris,” Judith informed Bobby. “I saw them with my own eyes. She was consoling Harris in a way that only a lover would.”

Hearing that Bobby could feel the anger rise inside of him until it boiled over and he stood up abruptly, “And you expect me to believe that?”

“Believe what you want,” Judith said. “But I know what I saw and I don’t like it any more than you do since the last thing my boy needs is that awful woman back in his life again. So what I want is for you to keep them apart. If you can keep Ann away from Harris I will give Ewing Global the deal you want. So do we have an understanding?”

“I don’t like what you are implying,” Bobby said.

“That your wife is having an affair with my son, you mean?” Judith said gleefully.

“Exactly, we both know it’s not true,” Bobby said.

“It might not be true today but unless you do something about it now it could very well be true tomorrow,” Judith said tauntingly. “You don’t have to thank me for giving you a fair warning Bobby. But I thought you should know what’s going on.”

“Nothing’s going on,” Bobby denied it.

“Well if you really believe that you must have been living underneath a rock for the past year or so. I’m telling you that Ann and Harris are growing closer and we’d better put a stop to it before it spiral out of control. So can I count on you to do your part?”

“Fine I’ll talk to Ann, but you’d better keep your part of the deal and give us those permits,” Bobby pointed his finger at Judith before he stormed off in anger. What he had just learnt had pissed him off. Not because he really believed that his wife was having an affair with her ex, but because Ann was a damn hypocrite. She demanded that he’d stay away from Pam because she was feeling insecure about their marriage and yet she was still spending time with Harris behind his back and in Bobby’s eyes there was something seriously wrong about that scenario. Since if Ann was allowed to see Harris, he should be allowed to see Pam. God he was really itching to see Pam, even though he knew that for the sake of his marriage it would definitely be better if they both stayed away from their ex’s...
If I were Bobby I wouldn’t trust Judith - and I’d make a deal with John Ross. Ending the fight is better than prolonging it. He should have learned that after years of fighting JR.

Miss Texas 1967

Reaction score
Would it be crazy of me to ask why they don't all sit down and divide the company up? Lol. I know they don't want to but to save on legal fees, time and destroying the family. Give everyone Ewing, Barnes or Wentworth a share and they can start fighting about other things and actually get on with working.

Also Judith isn't to be trusted, Bobby needs to learn lessons from his past with Pam, issues between a couple are best sorted between the couple themselves, not a million other people in their ears.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback! :)

@stevew and @Miss Texas 1967 you are both right that Judith can't be trusted. She has no intention of actually giving Bobby those permits. She just wants to stir the pot a little and also give Bobby a warning that he ought to pay more attention to his wife so he won't lose her.

I agree that it would be for the best if they could solve the problem with the company by sitting down and simply discussing it like you are suggesting. But Bobby and Sue Ellen were rubbing their control over Ewing Global in John Ross and Pamela Rebecca's faces in the final episode of the show. So it's not like they are just going to bend over backwards and hand over things on a silver platter. Sue Ellen & Bobby wants to be in control. They don't want to let the younger generation take over just yet.

Then in tonight's update we're gonna get to catch up with Lucy and her family. I always wanted to know what happened to her after the original Dallas and since Dallas TNT never gave us much of a story I figured it was about time that we met her family. ;)

Pam and Afton had been invited over to Lucy and Mitch’s for lunch. They got out of the car and walked up towards the white two stories stucco house in the Highland Park area of Dallas. Pam looked at the beautiful building and smiled at Afton, “Looks like your brother is doing very well for himself.”

“Yes but he’s worked hard for it,” Afton replied.

“He’s still a doctor, right?” Pam said.

“Yeah he’s the head of the burn unit at a private clinic,” Afton informed Pam proudly.

“And Lucy?”

“She’s working with the Ewing foundation,” Afton said and Pam gave her a questioning look.

“What’s that?”

“It’s a charity foundation set up to honor Miss Ellie’s memory,” Afton explained. “I don’t know exactly what they are doing. But it’s something about preserving the land and rescuing animals.”

“Okay,” Pam nodded, as they rang the doorbell. “And the kids?”

“Oh they are terrific kids,” Afton smiled, as she rang the doorbell “You’ll see for yourself.”

They then stood back and waited for a moment before the door opened and they were greeted by a blonde, medium tall girl with big brown eyes. She smiled at them, “Hi aunt Afton,” she greeted her aunt with a hug before she took a step back and called over her shoulder. “Mom! Aunt Afton and that lady you’ve been waiting to see are here now!”

“Good you’ll bring them out onto the patio and I’ll be there in just a minute,” Lucy called back.

The girl then turned back to them with a sheepish smile on her face, “Mom will be here shortly. She’s not quite ready with lunch yet.”

“It’s okay Ellie,” Afton smiled. “Why don’t I introduced you to Cliff’s sister Pamela Greco?”

“Right, you’re the one who’s Pamela Rebecca’s named after,” Ellie smiled, as she extended her hand.

“Yeah and I bet you’re named after Lucy’s grandma,” Pam smiled.

“Yes you knew Miss Ellie?” Ellie smiled, as they started walking over towards the backyard.

“Yeah,” Pam smiled. “I was married to her youngest son so she was like a mother to me.”

“Cool,” Ellie smiled. “I don’t really remember her since I was so little when she died.”

“That’s a shame, she was an amazing woman,” Pam smiled, as she thought back of how feisty Miss Ellie used to be. “So how old are you then?”

“Oh I’m sixteen,” Ellie smiled, just as they came out on the terrace where Mitch and Brad were busy working the grill.

Seeing them Mitch put the barbeque fork down and smiled, “Hi sis,” he then walked up and hugged Afton before he turned to Pam and extended his hand. “Hi Pam, welcome back to Dallas.”

“Thank you Mitch,” Pam smiled. “I see you and Lucy’s got a real nice place here.”

“Well it’s not Southfork,” Mitch shrugged his shoulders, “But it’s home to us.” He then gestured towards his son, who was still working the grill. “Here I want you to meet my son Bradley Cooper.”

“Hi aunt Afton!” Bradley smiled at them. “I’d give you a hug but I don’t think you want grease all over you.”

“Right,” Afton said.

“Bradley, this is Pamela Ewing,” Mitch then gestured towards the brunette.

“Hi Bradley,” Pam smiled. “So I hear you’re in college.”

“Yes ma’am,” Bradley smiled, “and you can call me Brad.”

“Okay Brad, so what are you majoring in?” Pam asked.

“Medicine,” Brad smiled. “I’m gonna be a doctor like my dad.”

“That’s great,” Pam smiled before turning to the proud father, “Mitch you must be proud that your son is following in your footsteps!”

“Sure am,” Mitch smiled. “He’s one step ahead of me at that age though, as he spent the summer working with doctors without borders in Malawi.”

“That’s in Africa, in case you don’t know,” Ellie piped in and Pam and Afton couldn’t help but laugh at that.

“Thanks but I do know where that is,” Pam replied. “See I’ve lived in Abu Dhabi for the past 25 years. That’s right next to the Persian Gulf, in case you don’t know?” She raised an eyebrow at Ellie who laughed.

“Sorry it’s just that most people don’t know their geography,” Ellie said. “My friends are so hopeless that they don’t even know that the leaning tower of Pisa is in Pisa, so you constantly have to explain things to them.”

“It’s okay,” Pam smiled, just as Lucy came walking out of the house carrying a glass bowl with salad in it. A loyal Maltese was following in her footsteps and once it caught sight of Afton and Pam it started to bark as to announce that they had company.

“Oh hush up Princess, you know that Afton’s welcome here,” Lucy told the dog before she turned towards Pam with a broad grin on her face. “Hi Pam, long time no see!”

“Hi Lucy,” Pam smiled back, “You look good.”

“So do you,” Lucy smiled, as she put down the glass bowl with the salad on the table. Then she turned back to Pam and gave her a hug, “Welcome to our place. I hope that you like Caesar salad and grilled chicken.”

“I’m sure it will be fine,” Pam smiled back at Lucy.

“Good then let’s eat,” Lucy clapped her hands together and everyone sat down at the table to eat the meal together, even the dog obediently sat down by the table, waiting to be handed some treats from her family.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback! :)

@stevew and @Miss Texas 1967 you are both right that Judith can't be trusted. She has no intention of actually giving Bobby those permits. She just wants to stir the pot a little and also give Bobby a warning that he ought to pay more attention to his wife so he won't lose her.

I agree that it would be for the best if they could solve the problem with the company by sitting down and simply discussing it like you are suggesting. But Bobby and Sue Ellen were rubbing their control over Ewing Global in John Ross and Pamela Rebecca's faces in the final episode of the show. So it's not like they are just going to bend over backwards and hand over things on a silver platter. Sue Ellen & Bobby wants to be in control. They don't want to let the younger generation take over just yet.

Then in tonight's update we're gonna get to catch up with Lucy and her family. I always wanted to know what happened to her after the original Dallas and since Dallas TNT never gave us much of a story I figured it was about time that we met her family. ;)

Pam and Afton had been invited over to Lucy and Mitch’s for lunch. They got out of the car and walked up towards the white two stories stucco house in the Highland Park area of Dallas. Pam looked at the beautiful building and smiled at Afton, “Looks like your brother is doing very well for himself.”

“Yes but he’s worked hard for it,” Afton replied.

“He’s still a doctor, right?” Pam said.

“Yeah he’s the head of the burn unit at a private clinic,” Afton informed Pam proudly.

“And Lucy?”

“She’s working with the Ewing foundation,” Afton said and Pam gave her a questioning look.

“What’s that?”

“It’s a charity foundation set up to honor Miss Ellie’s memory,” Afton explained. “I don’t know exactly what they are doing. But it’s something about preserving the land and rescuing animals.”

“Okay,” Pam nodded, as they rang the doorbell. “And the kids?”

“Oh they are terrific kids,” Afton smiled, as she rang the doorbell “You’ll see for yourself.”

They then stood back and waited for a moment before the door opened and they were greeted by a blonde, medium tall girl with big brown eyes. She smiled at them, “Hi aunt Afton,” she greeted her aunt with a hug before she took a step back and called over her shoulder. “Mom! Aunt Afton and that lady you’ve been waiting to see are here now!”

“Good you’ll bring them out onto the patio and I’ll be there in just a minute,” Lucy called back.

The girl then turned back to them with a sheepish smile on her face, “Mom will be here shortly. She’s not quite ready with lunch yet.”

“It’s okay Ellie,” Afton smiled. “Why don’t I introduced you to Cliff’s sister Pamela Greco?”

“Right, you’re the one who’s Pamela Rebecca’s named after,” Ellie smiled, as she extended her hand.

“Yeah and I bet you’re named after Lucy’s grandma,” Pam smiled.

“Yes you knew Miss Ellie?” Ellie smiled, as they started walking over towards the backyard.

“Yeah,” Pam smiled. “I was married to her youngest son so she was like a mother to me.”

“Cool,” Ellie smiled. “I don’t really remember her since I was so little when she died.”

“That’s a shame, she was an amazing woman,” Pam smiled, as she thought back of how feisty Miss Ellie used to be. “So how old are you then?”

“Oh I’m sixteen,” Ellie smiled, just as they came out on the terrace where Mitch and Brad were busy working the grill.

Seeing them Mitch put the barbeque fork down and smiled, “Hi sis,” he then walked up and hugged Afton before he turned to Pam and extended his hand. “Hi Pam, welcome back to Dallas.”

“Thank you Mitch,” Pam smiled. “I see you and Lucy’s got a real nice place here.”

“Well it’s not Southfork,” Mitch shrugged his shoulders, “But it’s home to us.” He then gestured towards his son, who was still working the grill. “Here I want you to meet my son Bradley Cooper.”

“Hi aunt Afton!” Bradley smiled at them. “I’d give you a hug but I don’t think you want grease all over you.”

“Right,” Afton said.

“Bradley, this is Pamela Ewing,” Mitch then gestured towards the brunette.

“Hi Bradley,” Pam smiled. “So I hear you’re in college.”

“Yes ma’am,” Bradley smiled, “and you can call me Brad.”

“Okay Brad, so what are you majoring in?” Pam asked.

“Medicine,” Brad smiled. “I’m gonna be a doctor like my dad.”

“That’s great,” Pam smiled before turning to the proud father, “Mitch you must be proud that your son is following in your footsteps!”

“Sure am,” Mitch smiled. “He’s one step ahead of me at that age though, as he spent the summer working with doctors without borders in Malawi.”

“That’s in Africa, in case you don’t know,” Ellie piped in and Pam and Afton couldn’t help but laugh at that.

“Thanks but I do know where that is,” Pam replied. “See I’ve lived in Abu Dhabi for the past 25 years. That’s right next to the Persian Gulf, in case you don’t know?” She raised an eyebrow at Ellie who laughed.

“Sorry it’s just that most people don’t know their geography,” Ellie said. “My friends are so hopeless that they don’t even know that the leaning tower of Pisa is in Pisa, so you constantly have to explain things to them.”

“It’s okay,” Pam smiled, just as Lucy came walking out of the house carrying a glass bowl with salad in it. A loyal Maltese was following in her footsteps and once it caught sight of Afton and Pam it started to bark as to announce that they had company.

“Oh hush up Princess, you know that Afton’s welcome here,” Lucy told the dog before she turned towards Pam with a broad grin on her face. “Hi Pam, long time no see!”

“Hi Lucy,” Pam smiled back, “You look good.”

“So do you,” Lucy smiled, as she put down the glass bowl with the salad on the table. Then she turned back to Pam and gave her a hug, “Welcome to our place. I hope that you like Caesar salad and grilled chicken.”

“I’m sure it will be fine,” Pam smiled back at Lucy.

“Good then let’s eat,” Lucy clapped her hands together and everyone sat down at the table to eat the meal together, even the dog obediently sat down by the table, waiting to be handed some treats from her family.
Couldn’t agree more - sometimes we just don’t do what’s best. Here in Michigan Henry Ford destroyer his company, lost his only child and ended up with the hatred of his grandchildren. What you know of Ford the company is the creation of his grandson Henry Ford II. If he’d had listen to his son many believe he would have never come in second to GM.

Bradley Cooper was a cool name to come across. Nice to see your Ellie. I wonder if she has any interest in her Ewing heritage?

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. :)

@stevew you make a good point about Rebecca. We don't know all that much about her backstory. So it's possible that she could have had some sort of mental illness earlier in her life that we never knew about. Still the Rebecca Wentworth we saw on the show was a strong woman who seemed very much together.

I also agree with you that Dallas did handle Miss Ellie's breast cancer in a brilliant way. It's something that still resonates with viewers today too as so many women have gone through the same thing.
Anyway I am glad you're looking forward to read more and that you liked how I tied up the lose ends concerning JR and made Ann strong.

Then as for Ewing Global, I think you in general keep track of the business plots better than I do. Since I had forgotten about the detail that Carlos Del Sol financed Bobby and Sue Ellen's buying back the company after it went public. But yes your summary is right. Bobby and Sue Ellen runs Ewing Global and Ewing Oil and Wentworth Industries all went into that company. So you are correct when you say that Katherine had a stake in the company that Josephine does have a claim to and that Pam's share went to Christopher. But John Ross and Christopher did lose their shares as did Pamela Rebecca. So the whole situation is sticky.

One thing that you mentioned though, that has to do with Ewing Oil. It doesn't matter that Sue Ellen and Bobby got Ewing Oil back from Cliff in JR Returns since this story picks up after Dallas TNT it dismissees the reunion movies. They are not canon for this story. So only the original Dallas and Dallas TNT is canon. Therefore Cliff still owned Ewing Oil and the company got swallowed up by Barnes Global, which is now Ewing Global.

I must say that I don't like the name of "Ewing Global" as much as "Ewing Energies" though. I think they should have stuck with that name but since they didn't Ewing Global is the name being used in this story.

Then as for your analysis of John Ross and Pamela Rebecca. I am not sure who married who for business reasons really. I mean didn't John Ross want something from her when he married her?
So I think what you said about them could go both ways. So yes their relationship is complicated. But I believe they do love each other!

You will find out later on where Judith and John Ross stands now as the Rylands are a part of this story. So you will see more of Emma, Harris and Judith when the plot calls for it.

@Justine I'm glad you're looking forward to more. Yes there's a lot of drama going on right now. But it seemed fitting to me that it would all play out at Cliff's funeral considering that he tried to make a scene at JR's memorial service. Also Cliff's funeral is the logical place for Pam to reappear at.

@Pammy P I'm glad that you found it brilliant so far. I had a feeling you were gonna like Pam returning to Dallas! ;)
Then as for what will happen, I am not gonna give it away, you will have to read it to find out!

So well time for another update.

Pam had felt so drained when they had returned to their car that she’d gladly let Josephine drive. As they were leaving Cliff’s funeral behind the memories from their life together kept flooding back to her. Most of them were happy memories, she remembered how Cliff had taught her to ride a bike as a child, how they had smashed the windows of the Ewing building downtown as teenagers, how she, Cliff, Afton and Mark had celebrated Cliff’s win of oil baron of the year and how Cliff had walked her down the aisle when she’d remarried Bobby. But then there was also one really horrible memory that kept resurfacing and as much as she tried to block it out of her mind she just couldn’t forget about it. It was haunting her. Maybe it was the fact that it was such a recent memory that she was unable to shut it out. It was simply too fresh in her mind. It was the memory of seeing her brother again for the first time in 27 years. It was a meeting that had taken place last fall in a Mexican prison.

Cliff had looked so old and fragile when she’d first seen him sitting there at the visitors table in the dark and cold prison cell. Walking down the stairs to see him she was almost afraid that he’d get a heart attack from the shock of seeing her. “Who’s there?” He’d yelled out to her, as he didn’t recognize his new visitor.

“It’s me Pam,” she said softly, as she walked up to give him a hug.

But instead of falling into her arm like she had expected, he backed away from her, looking suspiciously at her, “Pam?” He asked in disbelief. “Is this a trick?”

“No, no trick, it’s really me,” Pam said reassuringly, but her brother still wouldn’t believe her.

“No it can’t be, you’re dead.”

“No I’m not I’m right here,” she tried to reason with him.

“No you’re dead,” he insisted, “they sent me your death certificate from that clinic on the other side of the world.”

“I know but it was a fake one,” Pam said in a broken voice. “Katherine paid someone to have it written out and she sent it to you because she knew how much my death would hurt you.”

“No you’re not here,” Cliff put up his hands and covering his eyes, “I must be seeing things.”

“My God Cliff, what have they done to you?” Pam asked worriedly, as she gently touched his back.

“It’s this place, it’s so awful that I must have gone crazy,” Cliff spoke more to himself than to her, as the tears started to run down his face. Seeing her brother like that really scared Pam. Yet she tried her best to soothe him.

“I know Cliff, but don’t you worry, I’m gonna get you out of here,” Pam vowed before she pulled Cliff to her for a hug and he sobbed against her shoulder.

Thinking about it now Pam had to blink back the tears, as it still upset her to think about how Cliff’s own daughter had helped framing him for JR’s murder. Not to mention Bobby’s part in all of it. Pam didn’t even wanna think about that, as she still had some doubts about how true that story was. Cliff had told her about it but in her heart she didn’t want to believe that it was really true. Yet after seeing Bobby today for the first time in 28 years she’d had a bad feeling of that it could actually be true. Since the man she had met today had been a shell of his younger self and seeing how angry, cold and bitter he seemed had really rattled her.
(I just started reading this today and the above section is where I left off for now)

Hey Karin, I like your style of writing! It's more like a novel than a script which for me, works better for fan fiction that a scriptwriting style. You go into detail on what the characters are thinking, like a novel would and I enjoy that.

You made some brave choices! Especially bringing Pam back. I like John Ross and Pamela getting back together, and also that JR had a daughter with Katherine. I was hoping it would be Mandy that had JR's daughter but this is good too.

If I have a criticism, it's that Pam seems more concerned about Cliff than Bobby and more loyal to Cliff than Bobby. Why? Cliff was her brother and Pam can't help that she's related to him, but it's certainly not a choice and Cliff was awful to Pam. He repeatedly tried to ruin her marriage to Bobby, he let Pam take the heat for the missing Red File when Cliff knew Julie Gray had it and could've exonerated Pam. Then when Pam went to help Cliff, propping up his company, Cliff lied to Pam about the 13 million dollars she loaned him for the deal with Jordan Lee. Then Cliff lost his share of Wentworth Tool and Die to Wendell, who charged Pam the original 6 million plus an extra 4 million dollars. It just goes on and on with Cliff treating Pam like crap.

Bobby treated Pam like gold. He saved her from jumping off the roof of a building. He was willing to steal what he thought was his own brother's baby just to make Pam happy! Then she was happy once she and Bobby had Christopher. After Pam abandoned Bobby and Christopher, Bobby raised Christopher all by himself, since Pam couldn't or wouldn't do her share. Bobby did both their jobs as parents by himself. Pam always considered Bobby the one true love of her life.

But Pam is more loyal to Cliff? I don't get it.

That's my only question about everything I've read so far. Overall, I think you've done an excellent job!

Last edited:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback everyone! :)

@stevew I had to google the name Bradley Cooper to get what you were talking about. :lol:
I had forgotten that was the name of the actor in "A Star is Born". But I now know why I think the name sounded so good! :cool1

Yeah I'd say Ellie has some interest in her Ewing heritage. I am sure Lucy has told her a lot about her family already. But we won't really get to see much of Lucy's kids in this story. I've just introduced them to show how Lucy's life has turned out. Because it should have been established on Dallas TNT but never was. So the fans would want to know!

@Kenny Coyote thank you. I am glad that you've started to read my story and that you are enjoying it so far. :)
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that my writing style is more like a novel than a script. That is what I am aiming for at least. I think a part of it comes naturally since I began writing short stories when I was 11 years old. So it's the style of writing that I am most comfortable with. In fact by the time I was 13 one of my teachers predicted that I might become an author some day! ;)
I think she could see that I had a love of writing and it was something I really liked to do in my sparetime.

I can understand why you had hoped that it would be Mandy's daughter. But for my story it works better with that Katherine was the mother since it gave Pam a possibility to raise her as her own. Anyway I do remember reading a Dallas fanfic called "Return to Southfork" when I was a late teenager where JR and Mandy had a daughter named Jillian. She was like 16 in the story or something like that.

You ask an excellent question about why Pam is more loyal to Cliff than Bobby. You also make a very good case for why she shouldn't be. But you only go by what we saw happening on the show. You need to remember that it's been 25 years ago since Pam left Dallas and a lot has happened in her life. So maybe as you read more of the story it will all make more sense to you. So since I don't want to ruin the story for you I won't go into details about that. :D

What I can say however is that Pam and Cliff grew up together. They had some 25 years together that we never saw before Dallas began. When they grew up Cliff and Pam only had each other to turn to. Since Cliff was 5 years older than Pam I think he took care of her. She looked up to him when they were kids. Later he changed but nobody can break the bond that was created between them in childhood.

I agree that Bobby & Pam had a good marriage for the most part and that Bobby treated Pam really good. But all together they only had about a decade together. So she's spent more time with her brother than with her husband.

Anyway keep reading and as you find out what has happened in the missing years it will become more obvious why Pam is more loyal to Cliff than Bobby! :confused:

Now let's move on to today's update.

Sue Ellen had been surprised when John Ross had shown up on her doorstep, as she hadn’t expected to see him. “John Ross, what are you doing here?”

“What’s the matter mama, can’t a son visit his mother?”

“What do you want?” Sue Ellen crossed her arms, “If this is about Judith’s demand to reinstall you at Ewing Global...”

“It’s not,” John Ross interrupted her.

“Oh?” Sue Ellen raised an eyebrow, as she had been so sure that she knew what this was about. But apparently her son could still surprise her.

“I’m not here about business, it’s a private matter,” John Ross said, as he followed his mother into the living room.

“Okay why don't we sit down,” Sue Ellen said, as she sat down in the sofa. But John Ross didn't join her.

“I’d rather stand,” John Ross said in a way that made it obvious to Sue Ellen that her son was upset about something.

She frowned before asking in a concerned tone of voice, “What’s the matter John Ross?”

“You and Bum’s what’s the matter!” John Ross yelled angrily.

“Me and Bum?” Sue Ellen asked flabbergasted.

“Yeah don’t deny it, I saw you two having dinner together last night at the oil baron’s club,” He confronted her.

“You’re angry because I had dinner with Bum?”

“Damn right I am! I knew you had to start dating again sometime and I want you to be happy mama. But out of all the men out there, did you really have to fall for the one who killed my father?”

His word cut her like a knife, “Oh John Ross no!” She shook her head, “I’m not dating Bum.”

“I know what I saw, you were having dinner with him!”

“Yes but he’s just a friend,” Sue Ellen insisted and John Ross smiled sheepishly.

“Oh so you’re not in love with him?”

“No,” Sue Ellen shook her head. “I know that the way your father died hurt you, it hurt me too. But Bum only did what your father asked him to do.”

“I know that but it still hurts,” John Ross said, looking angry. “I really wish he hadn’t killed him!”

“I do too,” Sue Ellen sighed. “I think Bum does too. But he was your father’s only friend.”

“Some friend,” John Ross snorted. “First he puts a bullet in my father and then he moves in on his woman!”

“Bum’s not interested in me,” Sue Ellen said, as she stood up.

“If you believe that you’re blind,” John Ross said. “I’ve seen a man smitten before and he’s smitten with you mama!”

“Maybe you’re right,” Sue Ellen admitted with a sigh. “But even if you are it doesn’t matter since I’m not ready to start dating anyone just yet.”

“You’re not?”

“No I’m not over your father,” Sue Ellen confessed.

“What?” John Ross dropped his jaw. “How can you not be over dad?” John Ross didn’t believe what he was hearing. “I mean you were divorced for ages before he died.”

“I know,” Sue Ellen sighed. “But losing your father made me realize that he was the love of my life. No other man can ever measure up to him so how can I give my heart to someone else when the bastard still has it in the palm of his hand?”

“I didn’t realize how much you loved dad before,” John Ross said.

“Well believe me when I say that I still love JR. I mean would I still have his picture on display if I didn’t?” Sue Ellen asked as she picked up an old photo from a table, which showed her and JR together shortly after their second marriage. She showed the photo to John Ross and seeing how happy his parents looked in the photo he had to swallow since it reminded him of happier times in his childhood.

“Good point,” John Ross said, before he walked over to Sue Ellen. “I’m sorry mama, I guess I jumped the gun. I owe you an apology.”

“Apology accepted,” Sue Ellen said, before she pulled her son into a hug.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback everyone! :)

@stevew I had to google the name Bradley Cooper to get what you were talking about. :lol:
I had forgotten that was the name of the actor in "A Star is Born". But I now know why I think the name sounded so good! :cool1

Yeah I'd say Ellie has some interest in her Ewing heritage. I am sure Lucy has told her a lot about her family already. But we won't really get to see much of Lucy's kids in this story. I've just introduced them to show how Lucy's life has turned out. Because it should have been established on Dallas TNT but never was. So the fans would want to know!

@Kenny Coyote thank you. I am glad that you've started to read my story and that you are enjoying it so far. :)
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that my writing style is more like a novel than a script. That is what I am aiming for at least. I think a part of it comes naturally since I began writing short stories when I was 11 years old. So it's the style of writing that I am most comfortable with. In fact by the time I was 13 one of my teachers predicted that I might become an author some day! ;)
I think she could see that I had a love of writing and it was something I really liked to do in my sparetime.

I can understand why you had hoped that it would be Mandy's daughter. But for my story it works better with that Katherine was the mother since it gave Pam a possibility to raise her as her own. Anyway I do remember reading a Dallas fanfic called "Return to Southfork" when I was a late teenager where JR and Mandy had a daughter named Jillian. She was like 16 in the story or something like that.

You ask an excellent question about why Pam is more loyal to Cliff than Bobby. You also make a very good case for why she shouldn't be. But you only go by what we saw happening on the show. You need to remember that it's been 25 years ago since Pam left Dallas and a lot has happened in her life. So maybe as you read more of the story it will all make more sense to you. So since I don't want to ruin the story for you I won't go into details about that. :D

What I can say however is that Pam and Cliff grew up together. They had some 25 years together that we never saw before Dallas began. When they grew up Cliff and Pam only had each other to turn to. Since Cliff was 5 years older than Pam I think he took care of her. She looked up to him when they were kids. Later he changed but nobody can break the bond that was created between them in childhood.

I agree that Bobby & Pam had a good marriage for the most part and that Bobby treated Pam really good. But all together they only had about a decade together. So she's spent more time with her brother than with her husband.

Anyway keep reading and as you find out what has happened in the missing years it will become more obvious why Pam is more loyal to Cliff than Bobby! :confused:

Now let's move on to today's update.

Sue Ellen had been surprised when John Ross had shown up on her doorstep, as she hadn’t expected to see him. “John Ross, what are you doing here?”

“What’s the matter mama, can’t a son visit his mother?”

“What do you want?” Sue Ellen crossed her arms, “If this is about Judith’s demand to reinstall you at Ewing Global...”

“It’s not,” John Ross interrupted her.

“Oh?” Sue Ellen raised an eyebrow, as she had been so sure that she knew what this was about. But apparently her son could still surprise her.

“I’m not here about business, it’s a private matter,” John Ross said, as he followed his mother into the living room.

“Okay why don't we sit down,” Sue Ellen said, as she sat down in the sofa. But John Ross didn't join her.

“I’d rather stand,” John Ross said in a way that made it obvious to Sue Ellen that her son was upset about something.

She frowned before asking in a concerned tone of voice, “What’s the matter John Ross?”

“You and Bum’s what’s the matter!” John Ross yelled angrily.

“Me and Bum?” Sue Ellen asked flabbergasted.

“Yeah don’t deny it, I saw you two having dinner together last night at the oil baron’s club,” He confronted her.

“You’re angry because I had dinner with Bum?”

“Damn right I am! I knew you had to start dating again sometime and I want you to be happy mama. But out of all the men out there, did you really have to fall for the one who killed my father?”

His word cut her like a knife, “Oh John Ross no!” She shook her head, “I’m not dating Bum.”

“I know what I saw, you were having dinner with him!”

“Yes but he’s just a friend,” Sue Ellen insisted and John Ross smiled sheepishly.

“Oh so you’re not in love with him?”

“No,” Sue Ellen shook her head. “I know that the way your father died hurt you, it hurt me too. But Bum only did what your father asked him to do.”

“I know that but it still hurts,” John Ross said, looking angry. “I really wish he hadn’t killed him!”

“I do too,” Sue Ellen sighed. “I think Bum does too. But he was your father’s only friend.”

“Some friend,” John Ross snorted. “First he puts a bullet in my father and then he moves in on his woman!”

“Bum’s not interested in me,” Sue Ellen said, as she stood up.

“If you believe that you’re blind,” John Ross said. “I’ve seen a man smitten before and he’s smitten with you mama!”

“Maybe you’re right,” Sue Ellen admitted with a sigh. “But even if you are it doesn’t matter since I’m not ready to start dating anyone just yet.”

“You’re not?”

“No I’m not over your father,” Sue Ellen confessed.

“What?” John Ross dropped his jaw. “How can you not be over dad?” John Ross didn’t believe what he was hearing. “I mean you were divorced for ages before he died.”

“I know,” Sue Ellen sighed. “But losing your father made me realize that he was the love of my life. No other man can ever measure up to him so how can I give my heart to someone else when the bastard still has it in the palm of his hand?”

“I didn’t realize how much you loved dad before,” John Ross said.

“Well believe me when I say that I still love JR. I mean would I still have his picture on display if I didn’t?” Sue Ellen asked as she picked up an old photo from a table, which showed her and JR together shortly after their second marriage. She showed the photo to John Ross and seeing how happy his parents looked in the photo he had to swallow since it reminded him of happier times in his childhood.

“Good point,” John Ross said, before he walked over to Sue Ellen. “I’m sorry mama, I guess I jumped the gun. I owe you an apology.”

“Apology accepted,” Sue Ellen said, before she pulled her son into a hug.
I am fine believing Pam would side with Cliff. She always did. I know it’s a stretch as he killed her grandchildren but as she wasn’t part of that and she understood Cliff’s illness, I’m willing to go with it.

Sue Ellen has but one person left in this world and that’s her son. She should begin to act like his mother. I didn’t feel in TNT she did. She gave a lot of talk and she did when he was in jail for something he didn’t do, but she was no more supportive of him in business than Bobby was, and Bobby was willing to use him to his end. If he were my son Bobby would know for certain the second Chris trumps John Ross I’ll end this company - split it in two and walk away. It would be clear, Chris’s process is an important part of the company but it is only a part and this company will not be all one sided. That either my son and his son will be able to share this company or I will end it and make sure my son gets his 1/2. My take anyway. She needs to stop acting like she’s Sue Ellen and he’s JR and start acting like she’s his mother. My opinion anyway.

Miss Texas 1967

Reaction score
Hey Karin, I like your style of writing! It's more like a novel than a script which for me, works better for fan fiction that a scriptwriting style. You go into detail on what the characters are thinking, like a novel would and I enjoy that.
I agree with this, a script is meant to be performed, a fanfic is meant to be read. I can't read along with a script and imagine it happening. You should have a look at https://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Dallas/ if you want more, I don't think I've ever seen anything written in script style there.

Miss Texas 1967

Reaction score
I am fine believing Pam would side with Cliff. She always did. I know it’s a stretch as he killed her grandchildren but as she wasn’t part of that and she understood Cliff’s illness, I’m willing to go with it.

Sue Ellen has but one person left in this world and that’s her son. She should begin to act like his mother. I didn’t feel in TNT she did. She gave a lot of talk and she did when he was in jail for something he didn’t do, but she was no more supportive of him in business than Bobby was, and Bobby was willing to use him to his end. If he were my son Bobby would know for certain the second Chris trumps John Ross I’ll end this company - split it in two and walk away. It would be clear, Chris’s process is an important part of the company but it is only a part and this company will not be all one sided. That either my son and his son will be able to share this company or I will end it and make sure my son gets his 1/2. My take anyway. She needs to stop acting like she’s Sue Ellen and he’s JR and start acting like she’s his mother. My opinion anyway.
I think this is a good point too. I understand Sue Ellen and John Ross have a troubled history in the TNT show but if the family are so fragmented going forward it's almost a question of what's the point? The old Ewing Oil was meant to benefit the family, even when it was unevenly weighted towards one brother or another. It would be nice to see Ewings as one again.