Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
@Karin Schill Yes, it's very compelling.

I am so glad to see you dealing with the conflict Christopher must feel over what the Ewings did to Cliff. I always wondered what went on inside his mind.
I think you meant in Cliff’s mind. My first post took it as Chris’s mind.

Chris: same thing as in all the Ewing’s minds, I’m right just because I’m a Ewing

Cliff: he had to have a mental illness as this story reveals both a mental and physical illness and Bobby didn’t stop to think, he just did what he thought was right like a vigilante

Last edited:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback and ratings everyone! :)

@CeeCee72 Thank you. I am glad that you find it compelling and that you like that Christopher is stuck in the middle of the conflict.

@stevew Thank you. I am glad that you are so invested in this story. Yeah there are a number of different ways the characters can react but I think it's natural that Christopher is more on Bobby's side than Pam's since he has missed so many years with her. But yes it's difficult for him since he wants to have both his parents there for all the important moments in their grandchild's life. He doesn't want to miss out on any more things with his mom but at the same time he doesn't want every family function to turn into a huge argument. I guess it's something that a lot of children with divorced parents have to deal with. Having separate celebrations for Christams for example because the parents just can't get along.

Now on to tonight's update where Sue Ellen visits JR's grave...:rip:

Sue Ellen sighed heavily as she walked up to JR’s grave. She hadn’t been back here since the funeral. It was almost like she avoided coming here so she could fool herself into believing that JR was still alive. That he was just away on a business trip. That he would come back to her some day. But she had been in denial too long. JR was never coming back and deep down she knew that. But he had some strange hold over her. Losing him had hurt like hell and it had pushed her to drink. But what had hurt almost as much was seeing how much their son reminded her of his father. John Ross was his father’s son and no matter of how much he tried to outrun his father’s shadow he’d never been able to. Since his father had been larger than life, a true Texas legend and it was hard to try to follow in his footsteps. So Sue Ellen had argued with her son and she had pushed away the one person who meant the most to her. All because JR had left her. She had blamed him for everything that she had been through in the past year. Since if he hadn’t died her life wouldn’t have spiraled out of control again. Of that Sue Ellen was sure. But today she was here to take some of the blame since she knew now that it wasn’t just JR’s fault that her life had turned into a mess. Yes she was in grief, but she had let herself fall. She had given up the will to stay sober and longed for the oblivion that only drinking could give her.

Kneeling down next to the stone, Sue Ellen put down a yellow rose that she had brought. Then she reached out her hand and gently let her hands move over his name. JR Ewing 1939-2013 was the inscription of the stone. The Only Deal He Ever Lost. Yet Sue Ellen wasn’t sure that JR really had lost. Since his death had in fact sealed his archenemies fate and sent Cliff Barnes to prison. So in that regard JR had won. But when it came to his family JR had lost, since he had died alone, without his wife and son there to ease his pain.

“Damn you JR! Why did you leave me for?” Sue Ellen asked with tears running down her cheeks. “Why didn’t you tell me that you had cancer?” Sue Ellen sobbed openly now. “I would have taken care of you if I had only known. Why did you choose to die alone?” She asked him. “I wanted to be there for you. But you didn’t let me. Why didn’t I read your damn letter before you called me?” Sue Ellen sobbed. “We could have had a second chance my darling. The answer to your question would have been yes JR.”

“Why didn’t you stick around long enough to hear me say it?” Sue Ellen cried, “Why did you leave me and John Ross when we still need you so?” Sue Ellen sobbed. “What you did to John Ross was so cruel. You shouldn’t have let him hear you getting shot. Our son loved you. He is having a hard time to find his way without you. So am I,” she reflected, as she remembered their past, “For so many years I let you define me. I was Mrs. JR Ewing and that was my whole identity. It took me so long to move out of your shadow and become my own person. But I did it. John Ross will find his way too. I will help him. I think you would have wanted that.”

Sue Ellen dried some of her tears from her eyes before she went on, “I thought I could never forgive you for leaving me. For not telling me about the cancer so that I could nurse you. But I’ve realized now that I am as much to blame for not reading your letter before you called. You never tried to deceive me. You really did love me,” Sue Ellen said, as new tears fell down her cheeks. “So I will forgive you.” Sue Ellen brought her hand to her lips and kissed it before she gently touched the top of JR’s gravestone. Then she got up and left. She had made her peace and said goodbye to her love and the life they had shared together. As much as it hurt her she had accepted the way JR had died now. He had been the love of her life but he was gone now. She knew that she would always miss and love him but she needed to go on living for him and she would do exactly that. It was time that she let go of the ghosts from her past and moved on with her life.

To Be Continued...

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
I think you meant in Cliff’s mind. My first post took it as Chris’s mind.

Chris: same thing as in all the Ewing’s minds, I’m right just because I’m a Ewing

Cliff: he had to have a mental illness as this story reveals both a mental and physical illness and Bobby didn’t stop to think, he just did what he thought was right like a vigilante

Yes... I think I must have gotten auto corrected there.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you @CeeCee72 :)
Yeah I thought the yellow rose was a nice touch since JR always brought Sue Ellen yellow roses.

Now here's tonight's update.

Chapter twelve

Elena felt like she was about to burst. The baby had been kicking all night and she had barely gotten any sleep at all. So as she wobbled out of bed around noon she didn’t feel rested at all. In fact she’d probably stayed in bed all day if she didn’t have the pressing need to pee. The baby was pressing against her bladder making her go more often than usual. Her feet were swollen and she was not up for much. Yet Christopher expected them to go to a barbeque this afternoon. She really didn’t feel like it. But knowing how good Christopher had been to her she couldn’t really refuse either. So she kept going until she could feel something warm run down her legs. At first she thought that she’d peed herself, but when she looked down and saw the wet puddle on the floor she realized what was about to happen even before she felt the first contraction. “Christopher!” She called out for him.

“What’s the matter honey?” Christopher asked. “Why haven’t you finished getting dressed yet?” he enquired. “We’re gonna be late for the barbeque.”

“I don’t think we’re gonna make it to the barbeque,” Elena said.

“Why not?” He looked at her puzzled.

“Because my water just broke,” Elena informed him, as she pointed to the floor and seeing the wet puddle Christopher put two and two together.

“You mean the baby’s coming now?”

“Yes,” Elena said.

“Oh wow! I’d better go tell dad.”

“Okay but hurry up and get my mom and the car too, I need to get to the hospital,” Elena said.

“Sure thing,” Christopher said, before he ran towards the door. Halfway there he stopped and ran back to her. “It’s gonna be okay, you know?”

“I know,” Elena said.

“I love you,” he then said, before he gave her a kiss goodbye.

“I love you too,” Elena said. “Now hurry unless you want me to have the baby in the car!” She told him and realizing that she wasn’t kidding Christopher ran out of Elena’s cottage and ran towards the driveway with his emotions all over the place. He was nervous, he was excited, he was scared and he was feeling unprepared. In other words he was a father to be, who was finally about to meet his baby for the first time.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you @CeeCee72 :)
Yeah I thought the yellow rose was a nice touch since JR always brought Sue Ellen yellow roses.

Now here's tonight's update.

Chapter twelve

Elena felt like she was about to burst. The baby had been kicking all night and she had barely gotten any sleep at all. So as she wobbled out of bed around noon she didn’t feel rested at all. In fact she’d probably stayed in bed all day if she didn’t have the pressing need to pee. The baby was pressing against her bladder making her go more often than usual. Her feet were swollen and she was not up for much. Yet Christopher expected them to go to a barbeque this afternoon. She really didn’t feel like it. But knowing how good Christopher had been to her she couldn’t really refuse either. So she kept going until she could feel something warm run down her legs. At first she thought that she’d peed herself, but when she looked down and saw the wet puddle on the floor she realized what was about to happen even before she felt the first contraction. “Christopher!” She called out for him.

“What’s the matter honey?” Christopher asked. “Why haven’t you finished getting dressed yet?” he enquired. “We’re gonna be late for the barbeque.”

“I don’t think we’re gonna make it to the barbeque,” Elena said.

“Why not?” He looked at her puzzled.

“Because my water just broke,” Elena informed him, as she pointed to the floor and seeing the wet puddle Christopher put two and two together.

“You mean the baby’s coming now?”

“Yes,” Elena said.

“Oh wow! I’d better go tell dad.”

“Okay but hurry up and get my mom and the car too, I need to get to the hospital,” Elena said.

“Sure thing,” Christopher said, before he ran towards the door. Halfway there he stopped and ran back to her. “It’s gonna be okay, you know?”

“I know,” Elena said.

“I love you,” he then said, before he gave her a kiss goodbye.

“I love you too,” Elena said. “Now hurry unless you want me to have the baby in the car!” She told him and realizing that she wasn’t kidding Christopher ran out of Elena’s cottage and ran towards the driveway with his emotions all over the place. He was nervous, he was excited, he was scared and he was feeling unprepared. In other words he was a father to be, who was finally about to meet his baby for the first time.
I know drama says it’s John Ross’s baby or even Trevinos, but I hope it’s Christopher’s. Not for any of this adults, but for the kid. Great up date.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Great updates Karin. :) I love your story so much and it is so much better than TNT's Dallas. :);) I hope Bobby&Pam will be able to forgive each other for their past mistakes and resolve the lawsuit for control of Ewing Energies out of court so they can reunite their family for Christopher's sake and get remarried and then they can enjoy their future grandchild together without all of the fighting due to the Barnes Ewing feud. :)

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you everyone for the feedback. :)
I understand why you @stevew and @CeeCee72 are both rooting for it to be Christopher's baby. It would be the best for everyone involved if that turned out to be the case.
You will find out soonish who the father is.

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing thank you. I am flattered that you prefer my story to Dallas TNT. I think the first season of Dallas TNT was actually really great. It was later on when JR died that the show lost it's focus and went into crime drama territority that it went downhill. Anyway you might get some of what you wish for since the birth of a new grandbaby is an event that will bind them closer together.

But before the baby is born let's see what Emma and Lucas are up to...

The nightclub was already quite crowded, even though it wasn’t even midnight yet. A lot of people were enjoying their after ski, drinking beer, singing along to the loud party music and some of them were dancing too. There was also a steady supply of coke for anyone who would want it and Emma’s friends certainly did. They were already high by the time Lucas and Emma arrived at the nightclub. Emma didn’t mind though as she was happy to see her friends but Lucas was not as amused. After less than twenty minutes in her friends company he made himself scarce, “Why don’t I go and get us some drinks?” Lucas excused himself. “So what do you want?”

“Sex on the beach,” Emma smiled and all her friends giggled.

“What?” Lucas repeated, as he wasn’t familiar with that drink. “You want to...”

“No it’s a drink silly,” Emma said.

“Oh okay. I’ll be right back then,” Lucas said before he walked off towards the bar, leaving Emma all alone with her friends.

“So Emma, hot guy,” One of Emma’s best friends Veronica said. “So what’s he like in bed?”

Emma swallowed and not wanting to admit that she hadn’t slept with the guy yet she just smiled, “That’s for me to know and for you to never find out!”

“Oh come on Emma don’t be such a bore,” Another of her friends named Susie said. “Tell us!”

“No seriously, I’d rather not talk about that,” Emma said.

“Oh I know what’s wrong,” Veronica said as she picked up some coke from her purse and handed it to Emma, “You are just cranky since you haven’t taken your medicine yet!”
“Veronica seriously,” Emma said. “You’re still doing coke?”

“Don’t tell me you’re not?” Veronica said.

“Yeah don’t be such a bore Emma, take it and then spill, we wanna know all about you and that hunk you brought to the party,” Another friends named Megan said.

“Okay,” Emma said and took the coke from Veronica, just as Lucas was returning from the bar with the drinks.

“Here you go,” Lucas handed Emma her drink.

Emma then gulped down the whole thing in one go, while her friends were cheering her on. “Drink! Bottom up!”

“Done,” Emma grinned, as she wiped her mouth. She intended to get stinking drunk tonight. It might ease her nerves. She had decided to sleep with Lucas tonight but since a part of her still wasn’t comfortable with the idea of being intimate with a guy again after being raped she thought that maybe being drunk would help her. Or better yet, drunk and doped. “So why don’t you come with me to the bathroom?” Emma put two fingers in between Lucas’ shirt and gave him her best seductive look.

“You want me to join you in the bathroom?” Lucas looked surprised at Emma.

“Yeah I promise I’ll make it worth your while if you come,” Emma smiled at Lucas before she leant forward and gave him a kiss in front of all her friends. Feeling embarrassed Lucas was left with no choice but to go with her.

“Alright let’s go,” he said before he walked with Emma into the bathroom. Once they were in there he turned to look at her, “Emma what is going on?” He asked her in a concerned voice. “Why are you in such a hurry getting drunk tonight?”

“What?” Emma pouted. “Can’t a girl enjoy a few drinks?”

“Sure but the way you gulped down that drink like a teenager is hardly attractive,” Lucas said. “I mean it will go straight to your head!”

“That’s the point,” Emma said. “I wanna get stinking drunk tonight!”

“I get that but why?”

“Because if I’m drunk I might work up the courage to sleep with you tonight,” Emma confessed. It was the alcohol talking as she hadn’t planned to reveal that much.

“I’m not gonna have sex with you in the bathroom,” Lucas told her.

“You’re not?” Emma asked.

“No. What have your friends done to you?” He asked. “You are acting no better than a school girl.”

“Are you saying I am immature?” Emma pouted.

“Frankly yes,” Lucas said.

“Bull, now just because of that I won’t share my candy with you,” Emma said. “I was gonna share it but...”

“What candy?” Lucas asked.

“This candy,” Emma said holding up the coke.

Realizing what it was Lucas eyes widened, “But Emma that’s cocaine!”

“Yeah so?” Emma asked.

“Are you out of your mind!” Lucas said. “You can’t mix drugs and alcohol it could kill you!”

“It hasn’t so far,” Emma said.

“So far?” Lucas asked. “Emma how long have you been doing drugs?”

“Since I was 16,” Emma replied and seeing the disgusted look on Lucas face she dropped her mask. “And why do I get a feeling you don’t approve?”

“Because I don’t,” Lucas said. “I don’t do drugs. It’s only for idiots!”

Hearing that knocked some sense into her and Emma sighed before she admitted, “I know, I have been clean for a year now!”

“Then why do you want to throw that away?”

“I don’t know,” Emma shrugged her shoulders. “Some habits are hard to break I guess. I mean when I hang with the girls we’ve always done drugs.”

“So it’s about peer pressure?”

“No it’s about me,” Emma said. “I need to get high tonight or I might be chicken out.”

“Chicken out?”

“Yeah of sleeping with you,” Emma clarified.

“Well sorry to burst your bubble, but we are not gonna have sex tonight.”

“Why not?” Emma asked. “Don’t you find me attractive?”

“Very but you are already drunk and I don’t want to take advantage of that.”

“Oh a gentleman at last,” Emma purred.

“Now give me the drugs Emma,” Lucas reached for her hand.

“What for?”

“So I can flush them in the toilet,” Lucas clarified.

“You can’t do that,” Emma said. “Don’t you know how valuable this stuff is!”

“Yeah but so is your health Emma,” Lucas pointed out. “Now give me the drugs before you’ll end up using again. You know you will regret it in the morning if you do!”

“Who made you my baby sitter?” Emma asked sarcastically.

“There no need to be rude,” Lucas said, “I am only trying to help you.”

“I know,” Emma said before she capitulated and gave Lucas the drugs. Lucas then proceeded with throwing them into the toilet.

“You do know that you are flushing down thousands of dollars right?”

“Yeah but it’s better to get rid of this than to get caught with it on us,” Lucas said. “I don’t feel like going to jail and I bet you don’t either.”

“True,” Emma said.

Lucas then flushed the last of the drugs and then when he was done he took Emma’s hand and said. “Now let’s go!”

“Go where?”

“Home,” Lucas replied.

“But we can’t leave now,” Emma objected. “The party is just starting to get good.”

“Well all the more reason to go,” Lucas said. “Now are you coming or do you want me to leave without you?”

“Alright, I’m coming,” Emma said with a sigh. “But I wanna say goodbye to my friends first.”

“Fine,” Lucas said before he put his arms around her shoulders and they walked back to her friends, exchanged a few words and then left the nightclub together.

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you everyone for the feedback. :)
I understand why you @stevew and @CeeCee72 are both rooting for it to be Christopher's baby. It would be the best for everyone involved if that turned out to be the case.
You will find out soonish who the father is.

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing thank you. I am flattered that you prefer my story to Dallas TNT. I think the first season of Dallas TNT was actually really great. It was later on when JR died that the show lost it's focus and went into crime drama territority that it went downhill. Anyway you might get some of what you wish for since the birth of a new grandbaby is an event that will bind them closer together.

But before the baby is born let's see what Emma and Lucas are up to...

The nightclub was already quite crowded, even though it wasn’t even midnight yet. A lot of people were enjoying their after ski, drinking beer, singing along to the loud party music and some of them were dancing too. There was also a steady supply of coke for anyone who would want it and Emma’s friends certainly did. They were already high by the time Lucas and Emma arrived at the nightclub. Emma didn’t mind though as she was happy to see her friends but Lucas was not as amused. After less than twenty minutes in her friends company he made himself scarce, “Why don’t I go and get us some drinks?” Lucas excused himself. “So what do you want?”

“Sex on the beach,” Emma smiled and all her friends giggled.

“What?” Lucas repeated, as he wasn’t familiar with that drink. “You want to...”

“No it’s a drink silly,” Emma said.

“Oh okay. I’ll be right back then,” Lucas said before he walked off towards the bar, leaving Emma all alone with her friends.

“So Emma, hot guy,” One of Emma’s best friends Veronica said. “So what’s he like in bed?”

Emma swallowed and not wanting to admit that she hadn’t slept with the guy yet she just smiled, “That’s for me to know and for you to never find out!”

“Oh come on Emma don’t be such a bore,” Another of her friends named Susie said. “Tell us!”

“No seriously, I’d rather not talk about that,” Emma said.

“Oh I know what’s wrong,” Veronica said as she picked up some coke from her purse and handed it to Emma, “You are just cranky since you haven’t taken your medicine yet!”
“Veronica seriously,” Emma said. “You’re still doing coke?”

“Don’t tell me you’re not?” Veronica said.

“Yeah don’t be such a bore Emma, take it and then spill, we wanna know all about you and that hunk you brought to the party,” Another friends named Megan said.

“Okay,” Emma said and took the coke from Veronica, just as Lucas was returning from the bar with the drinks.

“Here you go,” Lucas handed Emma her drink.

Emma then gulped down the whole thing in one go, while her friends were cheering her on. “Drink! Bottom up!”

“Done,” Emma grinned, as she wiped her mouth. She intended to get stinking drunk tonight. It might ease her nerves. She had decided to sleep with Lucas tonight but since a part of her still wasn’t comfortable with the idea of being intimate with a guy again after being raped she thought that maybe being drunk would help her. Or better yet, drunk and doped. “So why don’t you come with me to the bathroom?” Emma put two fingers in between Lucas’ shirt and gave him her best seductive look.

“You want me to join you in the bathroom?” Lucas looked surprised at Emma.

“Yeah I promise I’ll make it worth your while if you come,” Emma smiled at Lucas before she leant forward and gave him a kiss in front of all her friends. Feeling embarrassed Lucas was left with no choice but to go with her.

“Alright let’s go,” he said before he walked with Emma into the bathroom. Once they were in there he turned to look at her, “Emma what is going on?” He asked her in a concerned voice. “Why are you in such a hurry getting drunk tonight?”

“What?” Emma pouted. “Can’t a girl enjoy a few drinks?”

“Sure but the way you gulped down that drink like a teenager is hardly attractive,” Lucas said. “I mean it will go straight to your head!”

“That’s the point,” Emma said. “I wanna get stinking drunk tonight!”

“I get that but why?”

“Because if I’m drunk I might work up the courage to sleep with you tonight,” Emma confessed. It was the alcohol talking as she hadn’t planned to reveal that much.

“I’m not gonna have sex with you in the bathroom,” Lucas told her.

“You’re not?” Emma asked.

“No. What have your friends done to you?” He asked. “You are acting no better than a school girl.”

“Are you saying I am immature?” Emma pouted.

“Frankly yes,” Lucas said.

“Bull, now just because of that I won’t share my candy with you,” Emma said. “I was gonna share it but...”

“What candy?” Lucas asked.

“This candy,” Emma said holding up the coke.

Realizing what it was Lucas eyes widened, “But Emma that’s cocaine!”

“Yeah so?” Emma asked.

“Are you out of your mind!” Lucas said. “You can’t mix drugs and alcohol it could kill you!”

“It hasn’t so far,” Emma said.

“So far?” Lucas asked. “Emma how long have you been doing drugs?”

“Since I was 16,” Emma replied and seeing the disgusted look on Lucas face she dropped her mask. “And why do I get a feeling you don’t approve?”

“Because I don’t,” Lucas said. “I don’t do drugs. It’s only for idiots!”

Hearing that knocked some sense into her and Emma sighed before she admitted, “I know, I have been clean for a year now!”

“Then why do you want to throw that away?”

“I don’t know,” Emma shrugged her shoulders. “Some habits are hard to break I guess. I mean when I hang with the girls we’ve always done drugs.”

“So it’s about peer pressure?”

“No it’s about me,” Emma said. “I need to get high tonight or I might be chicken out.”

“Chicken out?”

“Yeah of sleeping with you,” Emma clarified.

“Well sorry to burst your bubble, but we are not gonna have sex tonight.”

“Why not?” Emma asked. “Don’t you find me attractive?”

“Very but you are already drunk and I don’t want to take advantage of that.”

“Oh a gentleman at last,” Emma purred.

“Now give me the drugs Emma,” Lucas reached for her hand.

“What for?”

“So I can flush them in the toilet,” Lucas clarified.

“You can’t do that,” Emma said. “Don’t you know how valuable this stuff is!”

“Yeah but so is your health Emma,” Lucas pointed out. “Now give me the drugs before you’ll end up using again. You know you will regret it in the morning if you do!”

“Who made you my baby sitter?” Emma asked sarcastically.

“There no need to be rude,” Lucas said, “I am only trying to help you.”

“I know,” Emma said before she capitulated and gave Lucas the drugs. Lucas then proceeded with throwing them into the toilet.

“You do know that you are flushing down thousands of dollars right?”

“Yeah but it’s better to get rid of this than to get caught with it on us,” Lucas said. “I don’t feel like going to jail and I bet you don’t either.”

“True,” Emma said.

Lucas then flushed the last of the drugs and then when he was done he took Emma’s hand and said. “Now let’s go!”

“Go where?”

“Home,” Lucas replied.

“But we can’t leave now,” Emma objected. “The party is just starting to get good.”

“Well all the more reason to go,” Lucas said. “Now are you coming or do you want me to leave without you?”

“Alright, I’m coming,” Emma said with a sigh. “But I wanna say goodbye to my friends first.”

“Fine,” Lucas said before he put his arms around her shoulders and they walked back to her friends, exchanged a few words and then left the nightclub together.
I love it. Why do I have the feeling Ray Krebs raised a good kid, but also a kid in a family wealthy enough not to care about flushing a few thousand dollars down the toilet if it’s the right thing to do? I picture Lucas being disgusted by the whole idea of talking money like that as well.

I’m not sure where this is going and I’m not trying to influence your story, but you know me and stories, I think - I don’t believe in coincidences, so for me what would seem like a coincidence (or too convenient) would be a set up. Say John Ross (or even someone else in the family) knew where she was going and what she’d get into. He knew he couldn’t help her because of Pam but he also knows what happened to her and is compelled to help. So he calls on his friend and cousin to intervene. He was a true good guy who risked his life for her and lived without credit, so to me this makes sense; he wouldn’t just walk away from someone he cared about and who cared about him (not saying romantically). Anyway, not saying anything to influence you, it’s just where my mind goes. Great scene.

Last edited:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback @stevew :)
I am glad that you loved the latest update. I don't think Lucas is a spoiled brat who doesn't care about money. But yeah he knew that Emma was in trouble and stopped her before she fell off the deep end again. But of course her parents doesn't know that...

I really enjoy reading all the suggestions how you think my story should go and the constructive feedback. But you won't influence this story since I had already written the final page before I started posting it. :D

Still it's an intersting idea that John Ross could have given Lucas a call. You are right that it could have been a set up. The only flaw is that the cousins are not close in this story.
So I guess I believe in something called fate. ;)

On to the next update.

Harris was sitting in his limousine talking on his cell phone. He looked concerned when he heard that it was the detective he had hired to keep an eye on Emma. He listened to something the other man said before he said in a grim voice, “I see, thanks for calling. No I don’t want you to beat him up for me. Just keep tracking her until I get there,” Harris then hung up the phone and buzzed his chauffeur. “How long until we can get to the airport?”

“With this traffic, about 40 minutes sir,” his chauffeur replied.

“Okay then call the airport for me and tell them to have my jet ready in an hour,” Harris said before he picked up the phone and called a number he had on speed dial.

“Hi Annie it’s me,” Harris said into the phone. “I just want you to know that I’ll be going to Switzerland tonight.”

“Is it Emma?”

“Yes the detective called. Apparently she’s been out partying with some of her friends. There was drugs at the party.”

Ann could feel her heart drop when she heard that. “You think she’s had a relapse?”

“I don’t know but one of her friends was taken to the hospital after an overdose,” Harris said in an alarmed tone of voice. “She’s brain dead.”

“Oh My God!” Ann exclaimed, as she was seriously scared now. “And Emma?”

“I don’t know she left the party together with some guy she’s been seeing. The detective couldn’t tell if she was high or just drunk.”

“Who is he?”

“I don’t know,” Harris said. “But I figured I’d better get there before things spiral out of control. I mean when Emma hears about her friend...”

“She might fall off the deep end if she hasn’t already,” Ann concluded.

“Exactly,” Harris said.

“Okay so when are we leaving?”

“You’re coming with me?” Harris asked surprised.

“Yes Emma needs us both,” Ann insisted.

“Alright, I am on my way to the airport now, can you meet me there in an hour?”

“I’ll try,” Ann said. “I am at the hospital now.”

“The hospital?”

“Yes Elena’s in labor,” Ann said. “She’s gonna have the baby any minute now.”

“Are you sure you want to leave then?” Harris asked. “I mean won’t Bobby get upset when he hears you’re going to Switzerland with me?”

“Nah, he’s too preoccupied with his ex to even notice I’m gone,” Ann said.

“Are you sure you want to leave them alone then?” Harris asked.

“No but Emma’s more important,” Ann insisted.

“Alright then,” Harris said. “I tell my pilot to wait for you.”

“Good I’m on my way,” Ann said, before she hung up the phone and hurried to run back to the waiting room where Bobby, Sue Ellen and Pamela Rebecca were waiting for her. “So any news?”

“No she’s still in labor,” Bobby said. “I’m starting to think that something’s wrong.”

“I’m sure she’ll be alright,” Sue Ellen said. “Lots of women have babies every day.”

“You’re right,” Bobby said before turning to his wife. “So who was that on the phone?”

“Emma,” Ann lied. “I have to go to Switzerland right now!”

“What?” Bobby dropped his chin in surprise.

“She’s in trouble,” Ann explained.

“That girl is trouble,” Pamela Rebecca muttered.

But Ann and Bobby ignored her comment, as Bobby asked, “What kind of trouble?”

“One of her friends is in the hospital after a drug overdose!” Ann explained.

“Oh no, is she gonna make it?” Bobby asked in a concerned voice.

“I don’t think so,” Ann sighed, looking really troubled. “I’ll know more when I get there. But Emma really needs me.”

“Of course,” Bobby said. “So want me to come with you?”

His question made Ann shift uncomfortably, as she was already having company on this trip. But since she didn’t feel like arguing with him about Harris right now she just said, “No it’s okay. You’ll stay here. I know how anxious you are to meet your first grandchild.”

“Alright then,” Bobby said before he leant forward and gave Ann a kiss goodbye, “I love you.”

“I love you too. I’ll be back as soon as I can,” Ann promised.

“Good,” Bobby said. “Bye Ann.”

“Bye Bobby,” Ann said.

“Call me when you get to Switzerland I wanna know how Emma’s doing,” Sue Ellen said.

“Thank you Sue Ellen, I will,” Ann smiled gratefully before she hurried off. She hated keeping secrets from her family but considering the circumstances she knew it was for the best. Since if Bobby and Sue Ellen knew that she was going to Switzerland with Harris they would just try to stop her from going and she had to go. Her daughter needed her and right now Emma was more important to her than her marriage.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback @stevew :)
I am glad that you loved the latest update. I don't think Lucas is a spoiled brat who doesn't care about money. But yeah he knew that Emma was in trouble and stopped her before she fell off the deep end again. But of course her parents doesn't know that...

I really enjoy reading all the suggestions how you think my story should go and the constructive feedback. But you won't influence this story since I had already written the final page before I started posting it. :D

Still it's an intersting idea that John Ross could have given Lucas a call. You are right that it could have been a set up. The only flaw is that the cousins are not close in this story.
So I guess I believe in something called fate. ;)

On to the next update.

Harris was sitting in his limousine talking on his cell phone. He looked concerned when he heard that it was the detective he had hired to keep an eye on Emma. He listened to something the other man said before he said in a grim voice, “I see, thanks for calling. No I don’t want you to beat him up for me. Just keep tracking her until I get there,” Harris then hung up the phone and buzzed his chauffeur. “How long until we can get to the airport?”

“With this traffic, about 40 minutes sir,” his chauffeur replied.

“Okay then call the airport for me and tell them to have my jet ready in an hour,” Harris said before he picked up the phone and called a number he had on speed dial.

“Hi Annie it’s me,” Harris said into the phone. “I just want you to know that I’ll be going to Switzerland tonight.”

“Is it Emma?”

“Yes the detective called. Apparently she’s been out partying with some of her friends. There was drugs at the party.”

Ann could feel her heart drop when she heard that. “You think she’s had a relapse?”

“I don’t know but one of her friends was taken to the hospital after an overdose,” Harris said in an alarmed tone of voice. “She’s brain dead.”

“Oh My God!” Ann exclaimed, as she was seriously scared now. “And Emma?”

“I don’t know she left the party together with some guy she’s been seeing. The detective couldn’t tell if she was high or just drunk.”

“Who is he?”

“I don’t know,” Harris said. “But I figured I’d better get there before things spiral out of control. I mean when Emma hears about her friend...”

“She might fall off the deep end if she hasn’t already,” Ann concluded.

“Exactly,” Harris said.

“Okay so when are we leaving?”

“You’re coming with me?” Harris asked surprised.

“Yes Emma needs us both,” Ann insisted.

“Alright, I am on my way to the airport now, can you meet me there in an hour?”

“I’ll try,” Ann said. “I am at the hospital now.”

“The hospital?”

“Yes Elena’s in labor,” Ann said. “She’s gonna have the baby any minute now.”

“Are you sure you want to leave then?” Harris asked. “I mean won’t Bobby get upset when he hears you’re going to Switzerland with me?”

“Nah, he’s too preoccupied with his ex to even notice I’m gone,” Ann said.

“Are you sure you want to leave them alone then?” Harris asked.

“No but Emma’s more important,” Ann insisted.

“Alright then,” Harris said. “I tell my pilot to wait for you.”

“Good I’m on my way,” Ann said, before she hung up the phone and hurried to run back to the waiting room where Bobby, Sue Ellen and Pamela Rebecca were waiting for her. “So any news?”

“No she’s still in labor,” Bobby said. “I’m starting to think that something’s wrong.”

“I’m sure she’ll be alright,” Sue Ellen said. “Lots of women have babies every day.”

“You’re right,” Bobby said before turning to his wife. “So who was that on the phone?”

“Emma,” Ann lied. “I have to go to Switzerland right now!”

“What?” Bobby dropped his chin in surprise.

“She’s in trouble,” Ann explained.

“That girl is trouble,” Pamela Rebecca muttered.

But Ann and Bobby ignored her comment, as Bobby asked, “What kind of trouble?”

“One of her friends is in the hospital after a drug overdose!” Ann explained.

“Oh no, is she gonna make it?” Bobby asked in a concerned voice.

“I don’t think so,” Ann sighed, looking really troubled. “I’ll know more when I get there. But Emma really needs me.”

“Of course,” Bobby said. “So want me to come with you?”

His question made Ann shift uncomfortably, as she was already having company on this trip. But since she didn’t feel like arguing with him about Harris right now she just said, “No it’s okay. You’ll stay here. I know how anxious you are to meet your first grandchild.”

“Alright then,” Bobby said before he leant forward and gave Ann a kiss goodbye, “I love you.”

“I love you too. I’ll be back as soon as I can,” Ann promised.

“Good,” Bobby said. “Bye Ann.”

“Bye Bobby,” Ann said.

“Call me when you get to Switzerland I wanna know how Emma’s doing,” Sue Ellen said.

“Thank you Sue Ellen, I will,” Ann smiled gratefully before she hurried off. She hated keeping secrets from her family but considering the circumstances she knew it was for the best. Since if Bobby and Sue Ellen knew that she was going to Switzerland with Harris they would just try to stop her from going and she had to go. Her daughter needed her and right now Emma was more important to her than her marriage.

Sorry I didn’t mean Lucas was spoiled. In fact I didn’t get that impression at all, the opposite. But he is certainly well off enough not to care about the cost of flushing drugs down the toilet. I don’t think a few thousand dollars would phase him not because he’s spoiled but because he’s a good person who’s obviously not been raised in poverty.

Yeah, I guess were different in that, that I don’t believe in coincidence like that. Not that people don’t run into each other over long distances. I’ve done the same thing myself. But in those cases I’ve known the person. Still it manes for an interesting set up. And I’m glad to see Lucas.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback @stevew
I am glad that you like that Lucas is a part of my story and that you found the set up with Lucas and Emma interesting. :)

Okay so tonight it's time to find out if Elena is having a boy or a girl...

Inside of a room at the maternity ward were Christopher, John Ross and Carmen gathered around Elena’s hospital bed. Elena was putting on a brave face and was trying to endure the pain she was feeling, as she was busy giving birth.

“Come on mi hija, you can do it,” Carmen couched her daughter, as she was sitting on her side, holding one of her hands.

“Push Elena!” Christopher encouraged his fiancée, as he squeezed her other hand tightly.

“No you push Christopher. I can’t take anymore of this!” Elena replied angrily.

“Yes you can,” Carmen said. “You are strong.”

“I can see the baby’s head now!” John Ross informed the others.

“Good, now push Elena,” Carmen said.

“Here he comes,” a midwife told them and John Ross looked on in amazement as the baby boy came out of Elena’s belly. He had never experienced anything like this before and it rendered him completely speechless. The baby started screaming as the midwife spanked it’s bottom and everyone in the room broke out in huge grins.

“Congratulations Elena you have a son,” The midwife told her.

“Mi nieto,” Carmen said emotionally, as she dried off Elena’s face with a wet cloth.

“So does the proud father wants to cut the umbilical cord?” The midwife asked and John Ross and Christopher exchanged a look.

“You want to do it or should I?” Christopher asked.

“I don’t know,” John Ross looked at the crying baby that was still covered in fluids. “I can’t tell if he looks like me or you!”

“Right you were the ones who needed a paternity test,” the midwife sighed, as she remembered it now.

“Do you mind if I do it?” Christopher asked.

“No you go ahead,” John Ross said, as he took a step back so that Christopher could cut the umbilical cord.

“That’s good,” the midwife than said, as the cord had been severed and she helped Christopher bathe the baby before they wrapped him in a clean towel and handed him to the new mother.

“Here’s your baby Elena,” the midwife smiled, as she gave the baby to the new mother and everyone gathered around the bed. “So have you decided on a name yet?”

“Yes we figured if it was a boy we’ll name him after my brother,” Elena said. “Drew Ramos!”

“Mi hijo!” Carmen said emotionally before she started crying and kissing the baby's forehead.

“Ewing!” Christopher added. “His last name will be Ewing.”

“But what if he’s not yours or mine?” John Ross asked.

“He will be,” Christopher said in a certain voice, since when he looked at his son he just couldn’t stand the thought of that the baby could be anyone’s but his. Because he loved that baby already.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the feedback @stevew
I am glad that you like that Lucas is a part of my story and that you found the set up with Lucas and Emma interesting. :)

Okay so tonight it's time to find out if Elena is having a boy or a girl...

Inside of a room at the maternity ward were Christopher, John Ross and Carmen gathered around Elena’s hospital bed. Elena was putting on a brave face and was trying to endure the pain she was feeling, as she was busy giving birth.

“Come on mi hija, you can do it,” Carmen couched her daughter, as she was sitting on her side, holding one of her hands.

“Push Elena!” Christopher encouraged his fiancée, as he squeezed her other hand tightly.

“No you push Christopher. I can’t take anymore of this!” Elena replied angrily.

“Yes you can,” Carmen said. “You are strong.”

“I can see the baby’s head now!” John Ross informed the others.

“Good, now push Elena,” Carmen said.

“Here he comes,” a midwife told them and John Ross looked on in amazement as the baby boy came out of Elena’s belly. He had never experienced anything like this before and it rendered him completely speechless. The baby started screaming as the midwife spanked it’s bottom and everyone in the room broke out in huge grins.

“Congratulations Elena you have a son,” The midwife told her.

“Mi nieto,” Carmen said emotionally, as she dried off Elena’s face with a wet cloth.

“So does the proud father wants to cut the umbilical cord?” The midwife asked and John Ross and Christopher exchanged a look.

“You want to do it or should I?” Christopher asked.

“I don’t know,” John Ross looked at the crying baby that was still covered in fluids. “I can’t tell if he looks like me or you!”

“Right you were the ones who needed a paternity test,” the midwife sighed, as she remembered it now.

“Do you mind if I do it?” Christopher asked.

“No you go ahead,” John Ross said, as he took a step back so that Christopher could cut the umbilical cord.

“That’s good,” the midwife than said, as the cord had been severed and she helped Christopher bathe the baby before they wrapped him in a clean towel and handed him to the new mother.

“Here’s your baby Elena,” the midwife smiled, as she gave the baby to the new mother and everyone gathered around the bed. “So have you decided on a name yet?”

“Yes we figured if it was a boy we’ll name him after my brother,” Elena said. “Drew Ramos!”

“Mi hijo!” Carmen said emotionally before she started crying and kissing the baby's forehead.

“Ewing!” Christopher added. “His last name will be Ewing.”

“But what if he’s not yours or mine?” John Ross asked.

“He will be,” Christopher said in a certain voice, since when he looked at his son he just couldn’t stand the thought of that the baby could be anyone’s but his. Because he loved that baby already.
Well done. I had assumed Drew’s real name was Andrés being its Andrew in Spanish (as Elena and Carmen are Spanish) and Drew was a nick name. Now John Ross and Pamela should go to a fertility doctor so she can give birth to John Ross Ewing IV. :hat:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you for the ratings and feedback everyone. :)

@superman fan I'm glad that you gave the latest updates such good ratings. :)

@stevew you make a very good point why Drew's name might actually be Andres or Andrew. I didn't realize that. I just asummed that Drew was his name.
Then as for whether there'll be a John Ross Ewing IV or not, you will see what will happen later on... ;)

Meanwhile a little further down the corridor in the waiting room were Bobby, Sue Ellen and Pamela Rebecca still waiting for news when Pam suddenly arrived at the hospital. “Hi Bobby, I came as fast as I could.”

“Pam what are you doing here?” Bobby asked, as he was surprised to see her.

“Yes after everything that you’ve put this family through, you are certainly not welcome here,” Sue Ellen said sassily.

However Pam just ignored her, as she turned to Bobby with the explanation, “Christopher called me. So where is my grandchild?” Pam asked in such an excited voice that Bobby could feel something tug at this heart, “Is it a boy or a girl?”

“We don’t know yet,” Bobby said, just as John Ross came walking into the waiting room, with a tired look on his face.

“It’s a boy!” John Ross announced.

“Is he yours?” Sue Ellen asked excitedly.

“I doubt it, he has brown eyes,” John Ross said.

“So then he’s Christopher’s,” Bobby said with a smile.

“Probably,” John Ross said. “The doctor has asked me to leave a DNA sample anyway just to make sure he’s not mine!”

“But I thought you said that he was Christopher’s,” Pamela Rebecca said.

“No I said he had brown eyes,” John Ross said. “But since Elena’s got brown eyes too...”

“You could still be the father,” Sue Ellen pieced it together.

“Yep,” John Ross said.

“Wait a minute now,” Pam looked confused from John Ross to Bobby. “Are you telling me that we don’t know who’s the father of Elena’s baby?”

“Yeah,” Bobby said before he looked at Sue Ellen, “Brings back memories doesn’t it?”

“Don’t tell me this family has been in this situation before,” Pamela Rebecca groaned and Bobby, Pam and Sue Ellen exchanged a look, since they were well aware of that John Ross could in fact have been Pamela Rebecca’s brother instead of husband. But since neither one of them wanted to explain that to them they just shut up about it.

“Well that’s ancient history now,” Sue Ellen said, looking embarrassed. She shot Bobby an annoyed look that he'd brougth it up and Pamela Rebecca picked up on it.

“John Ross?” Pamela looked surprised at Sue Ellen. “You didn’t know if JR was his father?”

“Of course JR was John Ross father,” Sue Ellen said and John Ross gave his mother a strange look.

“But there was someone else too around that time, wasn’t there?”

“Yes but it doesn’t matter since they are both gone now and you are JR’s son,” Sue Ellen insisted.

“Yeah that paternity test was conclusive,” Bobby said.

“Speaking of, I’d better go take mine,” John Ross sighed. “Wish me luck!”

“You know I can’t do that,” Pamela said.

“You’re hoping he’s not mine?” John Ross saw right through her.

“I’m sorry but yes,” Pamela said. “I mean our lives are complicated enough as it is.”

Seeing how upset her daughter in law looked Sue Ellen put her arm around her shoulder saying, “Come on Pamela, you look like you could use a cup of fresh coffee.”

“Alright,” Pamela said.

“John Ross you can find us in the cafeteria downstairs when you are done,” Sue Ellen informed her son.

“You don’t wanna have a look at the baby first?” John Ross asked.

“Nah I’ll see him later,” Sue Ellen said before she, Pamela and John Ross walked off, leaving Bobby and Pam all alone together.

An uncomfortable silence came between them, as they exchanged a look. The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife and not being able to take it anymore Pam tried to break the ice, “You know this is crazy.”

“What is?” Bobby asked.

“More than 30 years has passed and it’s like nothing’s changed in this family,” Pam said.

“Well some things sure has changed,” Bobby pointed out.

“You mean you and me?” Pam said.

“Yeah,” Bobby nodded sadly. “We didn’t use to be at each other’s throats.”

“You know Christopher’s asked me to drop the lawsuit,” Pamela said.

“So are you?”

“I might,” Pam said before letting him know her terms. “If you give Josephine her due.”

Bobby dropped his chin, “What?”

“You know it’s the right thing to do. After all Katherine had a stake in the company too and Josephine never got her inheritance when she died.”

“Yes but I thought Josephine was legally your daughter now?”

“She is,” Pam confirmed. “But she was Katherine’s daughter until she died.”

“I see,” Bobby said.

“So it is only fair,” Pam said.

“Nothing in life is fair,” Bobby sighed. “I think we both know that better than most people.”

“I can’t believe you’ve changed this much,” Pam said. “The Bobby Ewing I knew was an honest man, whatever happened to him?”

“He grew older,” Bobby said solemnly before he sighed heavily. “You’ll really give up your stake in the company if we’ll give Josephine what’s hers?”

“Yes,” Pam nodded. “I only joined their lawsuit because I was hurt about what you did to Cliff.”

“You know, I’ve gotten a lot of time to think about that after we talked and you were right,” Bobby admitted. “I shouldn’t have sent Cliff to jail for a crime he didn’t commit.”

She turned to look at him and their eyes locked. “You really mean that?”

“Yes,” Bobby nodded. “I let Cliff down and he didn’t deserve that. Especially not considering that he had my back when JR and I was in trouble after that tanker accident.”

Pam nodded since she could see in his eyes that he meant it. “I’m glad you can see that now. So what made you realize it?”

“You did,” Bobby sighed. “You’ve always been my conscience when I’ve stepped out of line before. So I guess with you gone I let myself become more like JR than I’m comfortable with. I loved my brother but he could really get down and dirty. I guess my grief made me want to follow in his footsteps. He asked me to send Cliff to jail and I was so eager to carry out his dying wish that he’d entrusted me with that I didn’t stop to think about what was right.”

“Now you sound more like the Bobby Ewing I know,” Pam smiled. “I guess grief can make you do crazy things.”

“Yeah it’s just like the contest for Ewing Oil that daddy put me and JR up to all those years ago,” Bobby reminisced. “I was grieving then too and I desperately wanted to prove myself that I was worthy to follow in daddy’s footsteps.”

“I remember,” Pam said sadly, as that had been what lead to their separation and divorce the first time, “It’s just that I don’t get why you’d ever want to follow in JR’s footsteps. I mean you’ve always been a better man than he was.”

“I know,” Bobby said. “So do you think you’ll ever be able to forgive me?”

“Probably in time yeah,” Pam nodded. “I mean as much as I loved my brother I know he did some horrible things too. So the feud wasn’t all one sided.”

“I’m glad you can see that,” Bobby said.

“Besides JR and Cliff are both gone now so it makes no sense in carrying on their feud when we should look to the future,” Pam said before she nudged his arm, “After all we do have a grandson to think of now!”

“That’s true,” Bobby said. “So how about going to see the baby now?”

“Sure, there’s nothing I’d like more!” Pam smiled as his hand gently brushed against her waist, as they began walking, before he stopped the impulse to slip his arm around her waist, since she wasn’t his to hold anymore.

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
:box:
Thank you for the ratings and feedback everyone. :)

@superman fan I'm glad that you gave the latest updates such good ratings. :)

@stevew you make a very good point why Drew's name might actually be Andres or Andrew. I didn't realize that. I just asummed that Drew was his name.
Then as for whether there'll be a John Ross Ewing IV or not, you will see what will happen later on... ;)

Meanwhile a little further down the corridor in the waiting room were Bobby, Sue Ellen and Pamela Rebecca still waiting for news when Pam suddenly arrived at the hospital. “Hi Bobby, I came as fast as I could.”

“Pam what are you doing here?” Bobby asked, as he was surprised to see her.

“Yes after everything that you’ve put this family through, you are certainly not welcome here,” Sue Ellen said sassily.

However Pam just ignored her, as she turned to Bobby with the explanation, “Christopher called me. So where is my grandchild?” Pam asked in such an excited voice that Bobby could feel something tug at this heart, “Is it a boy or a girl?”

“We don’t know yet,” Bobby said, just as John Ross came walking into the waiting room, with a tired look on his face.

“It’s a boy!” John Ross announced.

“Is he yours?” Sue Ellen asked excitedly.

“I doubt it, he has brown eyes,” John Ross said.

“So then he’s Christopher’s,” Bobby said with a smile.

“Probably,” John Ross said. “The doctor has asked me to leave a DNA sample anyway just to make sure he’s not mine!”

“But I thought you said that he was Christopher’s,” Pamela Rebecca said.

“No I said he had brown eyes,” John Ross said. “But since Elena’s got brown eyes too...”

“You could still be the father,” Sue Ellen pieced it together.

“Yep,” John Ross said.

“Wait a minute now,” Pam looked confused from John Ross to Bobby. “Are you telling me that we don’t know who’s the father of Elena’s baby?”

“Yeah,” Bobby said before he looked at Sue Ellen, “Brings back memories doesn’t it?”

“Don’t tell me this family has been in this situation before,” Pamela Rebecca groaned and Bobby, Pam and Sue Ellen exchanged a look, since they were well aware of that John Ross could in fact have been Pamela Rebecca’s brother instead of husband. But since neither one of them wanted to explain that to them they just shut up about it.

“Well that’s ancient history now,” Sue Ellen said, looking embarrassed. She shot Bobby an annoyed look that he'd brougth it up and Pamela Rebecca picked up on it.

“John Ross?” Pamela looked surprised at Sue Ellen. “You didn’t know if JR was his father?”

“Of course JR was John Ross father,” Sue Ellen said and John Ross gave his mother a strange look.

“But there was someone else too around that time, wasn’t there?”

“Yes but it doesn’t matter since they are both gone now and you are JR’s son,” Sue Ellen insisted.

“Yeah that paternity test was conclusive,” Bobby said.

“Speaking of, I’d better go take mine,” John Ross sighed. “Wish me luck!”

“You know I can’t do that,” Pamela said.

“You’re hoping he’s not mine?” John Ross saw right through her.

“I’m sorry but yes,” Pamela said. “I mean our lives are complicated enough as it is.”

Seeing how upset her daughter in law looked Sue Ellen put her arm around her shoulder saying, “Come on Pamela, you look like you could use a cup of fresh coffee.”

“Alright,” Pamela said.

“John Ross you can find us in the cafeteria downstairs when you are done,” Sue Ellen informed her son.

“You don’t wanna have a look at the baby first?” John Ross asked.

“Nah I’ll see him later,” Sue Ellen said before she, Pamela and John Ross walked off, leaving Bobby and Pam all alone together.

An uncomfortable silence came between them, as they exchanged a look. The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife and not being able to take it anymore Pam tried to break the ice, “You know this is crazy.”

“What is?” Bobby asked.

“More than 30 years has passed and it’s like nothing’s changed in this family,” Pam said.

“Well some things sure has changed,” Bobby pointed out.

“You mean you and me?” Pam said.

“Yeah,” Bobby nodded sadly. “We didn’t use to be at each other’s throats.”

“You know Christopher’s asked me to drop the lawsuit,” Pamela said.

“So are you?”

“I might,” Pam said before letting him know her terms. “If you give Josephine her due.”

Bobby dropped his chin, “What?”

“You know it’s the right thing to do. After all Katherine had a stake in the company too and Josephine never got her inheritance when she died.”

“Yes but I thought Josephine was legally your daughter now?”

“She is,” Pam confirmed. “But she was Katherine’s daughter until she died.”

“I see,” Bobby said.

“So it is only fair,” Pam said.

“Nothing in life is fair,” Bobby sighed. “I think we both know that better than most people.”

“I can’t believe you’ve changed this much,” Pam said. “The Bobby Ewing I knew was an honest man, whatever happened to him?”

“He grew older,” Bobby said solemnly before he sighed heavily. “You’ll really give up your stake in the company if we’ll give Josephine what’s hers?”

“Yes,” Pam nodded. “I only joined their lawsuit because I was hurt about what you did to Cliff.”

“You know, I’ve gotten a lot of time to think about that after we talked and you were right,” Bobby admitted. “I shouldn’t have sent Cliff to jail for a crime he didn’t commit.”

She turned to look at him and their eyes locked. “You really mean that?”

“Yes,” Bobby nodded. “I let Cliff down and he didn’t deserve that. Especially not considering that he had my back when JR and I was in trouble after that tanker accident.”

Pam nodded since she could see in his eyes that he meant it. “I’m glad you can see that now. So what made you realize it?”

“You did,” Bobby sighed. “You’ve always been my conscience when I’ve stepped out of line before. So I guess with you gone I let myself become more like JR than I’m comfortable with. I loved my brother but he could really get down and dirty. I guess my grief made me want to follow in his footsteps. He asked me to send Cliff to jail and I was so eager to carry out his dying wish that he’d entrusted me with that I didn’t stop to think about what was right.”

“Now you sound more like the Bobby Ewing I know,” Pam smiled. “I guess grief can make you do crazy things.”

“Yeah it’s just like the contest for Ewing Oil that daddy put me and JR up to all those years ago,” Bobby reminisced. “I was grieving then too and I desperately wanted to prove myself that I was worthy to follow in daddy’s footsteps.”

“I remember,” Pam said sadly, as that had been what lead to their separation and divorce the first time, “It’s just that I don’t get why you’d ever want to follow in JR’s footsteps. I mean you’ve always been a better man than he was.”

“I know,” Bobby said. “So do you think you’ll ever be able to forgive me?”

“Probably in time yeah,” Pam nodded. “I mean as much as I loved my brother I know he did some horrible things too. So the feud wasn’t all one sided.”

“I’m glad you can see that,” Bobby said.

“Besides JR and Cliff are both gone now so it makes no sense in carrying on their feud when we should look to the future,” Pam said before she nudged his arm, “After all we do have a grandson to think of now!”

“That’s true,” Bobby said. “So how about going to see the baby now?”

“Sure, there’s nothing I’d like more!” Pam smiled as his hand gently brushed against her waist, as they began walking, before he stopped the impulse to slip his arm around her waist, since she wasn’t his to hold anymore.
Pam certainly has a right to give up her claim and I’m glad Pam stood up for Josephine as Katherine’s only heir, BUT what about Pamela as Cliff’s only heir? Why should they get to steal from Cliff? Or was Cliff paid for his share in the IPO? They weren’t clear about that in TNT. If that’s the case Pamela would have inherited, I believe, about three billion dollars, according to TNT’s explanation of his wealth. 1/2 of the South Fork Ranch, 1/6 of South Fork’s oil, three billion in cash and a friend in Judith Ryland - that’s a powerful and wealthy couple. Where as Bobby and Sue Ellen must be in debt up to their eye balls and now handing over what must be 1/3 to Josephine. :box:

Last edited:

Pammy P

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Gripping stuff. Should be on tv.....I think I will get the B and P reunion.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Great updates @Karin Schill .

The conversation about John Ross's paternity really brings it home how things seem to run in circles and cycles in the Ewing family.

Really liked the conversation between Pam and Bobby. Feel a little bad for Ann though. I have a feeling her marriage is in bigger trouble than she realizes.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Thank you everyone for the feedback and ratings. I am glad that you are all still enjoying this story. :)

@stevew I think you could be right that Bobby and Sue Ellen didn't own all of Ewing Global after the IPO and that John Ross and Pamela Rebecca might have had a stake in the company. But I can't really remember the details of it. I just know that both John Ross and Pamela Rebecca showed at Ewing Global in the last episode, wanting to take control over the company but failed. So I assumed that Bobby & Sue Ellen had bought the whole thing for themselves. I think I might have looked up on this scene as I was writing and that's the conclusion I draw from it.

Pamela Rebecca would most definitely inherit money from Cliff now when he's gone.

@Pammy P I'm glad you found this gripping enough to be on TV. I must be honest, when I wrote some of this I was crying since I was that emotionally invested in it.

@CeeCee72 thank you. Yes you are right, some of the plots were definitely recycled from the original show. It's interesting though how John Ross is now in a similiar situation to the one his parents were in when he was born. But at least with John Ross there were only two possible daddys with Elena's baby there's three!

I'm glad you feel bad for Ann. She's a nice character but yeah it is true that her marriage is in more trouble than she thinks.

Here's another update.

Inside of the room were Christopher, Elena and Carmen looking at the baby, as he was sleeping peacefully in his grandmother’s arms. “I tell you Elena, I haven’t seen a more beautiful baby since you were born,” Carmen said. “He’s just perfect.”

“Thanks mama,” Elena smiled. “I think so too.”

“And you named him after Drew,” Carmen said with tears in her eyes.

“I know mama, I miss him too!” Elena said.

“We wanted him to know of his uncle and what better way to do that then to give him his name?” Christopher said.

“It was actually Christopher’s idea,” Elena told her mother.

“Gracias Christopher,” Carmen smiled. “You are a good boy after all.”

“Well I try to be,” Christopher smiled, before he gave Elena a kiss just as Bobby and Pam came walking into the room.

“I hope we’re not interrupting anything?” Bobby said in a lighthearted voice.

“No I’m glad you’re here,” Elena smiled. “Both of you.”

Carmen however looked less pleased to see Bobby and Pam and noticing it Bobby decided to break the ice first, “Hello Carmen, you remember Christopher’s mother Pam, don’t you?”

“Yes hello Pam, I heard you were back,” Carmen said.

“Hi Carmen,” Pam smiled at the woman. “I was sorry to hear about your husband and your son.”

“Thank you,” Carmen said with as much dignity as she could. “I’m glad you’re not dead.”

“So who wants to be the first to hold your grandson?” Christopher asked his parents and Bobby and Pam exchanged a look.

“Go ahead,” Bobby then told Pam.

“Okay,” Pam smiled before she walked over to Carmen who reluctantly handed her the baby. “Oh look at him, he’s just perfect.”

“Yeah he really is,” Carmen said.

“I think he looks a little like Christopher did when he was little,” Pam smiled, when the baby opened his eyes to look at her.

“Really?” Christopher asked with a smile.

“Yeah he has the same big brown eyes,” Pam said emotionally.

“Here let me see,” Bobby said.

Pam then walked over to Bobby with a smile on her face, “Come on little one, let’s go say hello to your grandpa.”

Bobby leant over Pam’s shoulder so that he could take a closer look at the baby and when he did he smiled proudly. “Hello there, aren’t you a handsome little boy!” He then turned to Pam and smiled. “I think he does look like a Ewing.”

“Yeah doesn’t he?” Pam smiled. “So have you decided on a name yet?”

“Yeah Drew after Elena’s brother,” Christopher announced and his parents looked sad when they heard that.

“Well yes of course,” Bobby said. “Hello Drew!” He grabbed the baby’s hand.

“You want to hold him?” Pam asked.

“Sure,” Bobby smiled and Pam handed him the baby. Then she stood back and looked at her former husband as he gently held their grandson in his arms and as she did she was overcome with emotions. She felt sadness, happiness, gratefulness and love all at once and that’s when she knew in her heart that she could forgive Bobby for what he’d done to Cliff after all.

“Mom what’s the matter?” Christopher asked, as he noticed the tears roll down his mother’s cheeks. “Why are you crying?”

“I’m crying because I’m so happy to be here and I’m proud to be Drew’s grandma,” Pam said before she gently stroke Bobby’s back, making him look at her, “We have a grandson,” she smiled at him.

“Yes we do,” Bobby smiled back at her.

“And I forgive you,” Pam said and Bobby froze for a moment when he heard those words since a part of him knew he didn’t deserve it after everything he’d done to her. Not only had he given up on their marriage but he had also locked in her brother in prison. Yet in spite of everything here she was saying those words that he needed to hear so much. He closed his eyes for a moment, as he took it in and when he opened them again she could see a tear run down his cheek. He was crying too now. Seeing what was about to happen, Christopher walked up to them and Bobby gently handed him his son before he let his hand slip down behind her back, as he pulled her closer to him until they were holding their arms wrapped around each other in a hug. Pam could feel herself getting all warm inside, as his lips gently brushed her skin, as he gave her a kiss on her forehead. It was such a perfect but bittersweet moment of unity that reminded them about what they had shared together in what felt like a lifetime ago.

To Be Continued...