Dallas - What/if...?

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
During my current re-watch something occurred to me about the show.

The battle for Ewing Oil after Jock's will had so many off-shooting storylines (Pam & Bobby's marriage break up, Sue Ellen's return to the booze, Mickey's ending up in hospital etc etc etc) - but what/if Jim Davis hadn't sadly passed away, I do wonder where the show would have gone for 2 seasons as this was probably one of the biggest plotlines the show did in it's 14 year run.

Any other what/ifs people have...?

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What if someone had the common sense not to write off a whole season as a dream - simply to have Patrick Duffy return?

What if Larry hadn't defended Linda when she was fired because she requested to direct an episode?

What if the writers weren't under pressure to create additional episodes, which resulted in the "Who shot J.R.?" season finale?

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Dream Season never happened, the show retained its dignity, Pam finally was fed up with Bobby and became ruthless, a female JR (and VP stayed with the show)....

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I have lots...

"What if Sue Ellen and JR had teamed up for WestStar instead of the awful way they were handled?"

"What if James wasn't JR's son?" (I don't believe he was but there you go)

"What if Larry hadn't died?" :cry:

I'm sure I will think of more... :swing:

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
During my current re-watch something occurred to me about the show.

The battle for Ewing Oil after Jock's will had so many off-shooting storylines (Pam & Bobby's marriage break up, Sue Ellen's return to the booze, Mickey's ending up in hospital etc etc etc) - but what/if Jim Davis hadn't sadly passed away, I do wonder where the show would have gone for 2 seasons as this was probably one of the biggest plotlines the show did in it's 14 year run.

Any other what/ifs people have...?
Just from your post:

What if Bobby and Pam finally left and started their own series with Bobby as a U.S. Congressman in D.C. - another spin off?

What if Sue Ellen sobered up sooner and stood up to JR in business?

What if Mickey didn’t die and he became Lucy’s Sue Ellen to her JR?

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
What if, instead of Peter, there had been a young woman played by, let´s say, Brooke Shields, who fell in love with Swellin and tried to seduce her? That would have pushed the envelope back then!

What if Pam had found her mother, let´s say, in Timbuktu, and Bobby had complained about the phone bills, and she had taken her things and left him just because? And then enters a new character played by Jaclyn Smith who will end up marrying the Bobster!

What if, at the end of the Donna Dread Season, they had discovered that NuEllie was an alien from Mars who had hypnotized all of them to make them believe she was Ellie? And then she calls her spaceship and abducts Mandy, Jamie and Jenna? What a great season to watch!!

"Come with me, dears..."​

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Medals
What if Mickey didn’t die and he became Lucy’s Sue Ellen to her JR?
The entire Mickey story line is ripe with possibilities. The fact that Timothy Patrick Murphy died at a young age gives those episodes even deeper meaning.

Here's a what if:

What if Ray was found guilty of murder. Would that have started a national dialogue about euthanasia?

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
I think this thread has been infiltrated by Cynthia Cidre to draw attention away from her disastrous turn as Showrunner on TNT Dallas. "What If's" belong on the TNT Dallas thread.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
What if, instead of Peter, there had been a young woman played by, let´s say, Brooke Shields, who fell in love with Swellin and tried to seduce her? That would have pushed the envelope back then!

What if Pam had found her mother, let´s say, in Timbuktu, and Bobby had complained about the phone bills, and she had taken her things and left him just because? And then enters a new character played by Jaclyn Smith who will end up marrying the Bobster!

What if, at the end of the Donna Dread Season, they had discovered that NuEllie was an alien from Mars who had hypnotized all of them to make them believe she was Ellie? And then she calls her spaceship and abducts Mandy, Jamie and Jenna? What a great season to watch!!

"Come with me, dears..."​
The Colbys, eat your heart out! :)

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
I think this thread has been infiltrated by Cynthia Cidre to draw attention away from her disastrous turn as Showrunner on TNT Dallas. "What If's" belong on the TNT Dallas thread.
Nothing could be worse than her Dallas. Barring her finally exposing the fate of Pam, everything else was horrific.....