• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Daniella Alonso News

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It appears that Daniella Alonso (C3) is pregnant. VERY pregnant. In fact, one site claims the baby is due in December. From all I've read, though, the show didn't write it in--which would make sense since they're having to pick up from the events of shows filmed in March with no 'time jump' that would be necessary for such a large baby bump to be on display. So I guess C3 will be carrying enormous purses and hiding behind potted plants in the opening episodes of S4, and no catfights in lily ponds or anything fun like that.

A podcast where she is interviewed seems to let the cat out of the bag before any announcements were made on social media.

[note: I'm not on facebook, so I haven't listened to the podcast, only read a few excerpts]

Since the show is taking most of that month off for the holidays, she will miss very little filming--perhaps as little as a week. But what a hassle it must be for her to find Atlanta-area doctors, etc. after spending most of her pregnancy with her hometown doctors.

Congratulations to her, though!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
C4 here we come!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Before you-know-what reared its ugly head, they may have planned to write her pregnancy into the show. Perhaps that ill-advised affair with the priest (which, let's face it, came out of nowhere) was written into the show just to give her a "Who's the daddy?" spin on C3's pregnancy. The baby would ultimately have been Blake's (probably) but there would have been all the usual WTD stuff soaps always do. Adam would probably try to fake the paternity test results and she'd go visit family in Mexico (DA's maternity leave) to get away from them all. I hate WTD stories, in case you're wondering.

The longer hiatus actually helped DA out, since she could stay in a secluded/safe place and not worry about catching you-know-what while working. It also made it nearly impossible to write the pregnancy into the show (at least right now) because continuity would be thrown out of whack (slender and athletic one minute, then great with child the next day). Unless they wanted to do an homage to Corinne Tate's lightning-fast pregnancy and its "complications" on Soap*, I don't think Dynasty will go there this time around. Perhaps aspects of the storyline could be added in later on, when DA could just fake being pregnant.

* Corinne seduced and married a priest. His mother was so upset she put a curse on them, then dropped dead. Within days Corinne discovered she was pregnant, but went from five weeks to six months pregnant in two episodes, then gave birth one episode after that. Corinne's husband left her, assuming someone else had fathered the baby. The family was....curious about how all this happened so fast, but soon realized that the baby was in fact possessed by the Devil, making chairs (and other characters) fly around the room, and laughing maniacally a la The Exorcist. Corinne's mother had a (successful) showdown with the Devil to take back her grandson's soul. While I can see Dynasty taking this sort of tack, I doubt they would have made such a movie rip-off quite as funny!

Last edited: