Dark Shadows has arrived!

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Is Meg (frustratingly clueless newcomer to Sunset Beach) that much different than frustratingly-clueless Victoria, newcomer to Dark Shadows?
Victoria is much more likeable to me at this time of my life. I loved Meg originally as a teen. Watching the show back now, I really hate her. Her whole happiness and life depends on her love for Ben, and she has no identity outside of that. I just don't relate. Victoria at least seems like a real person.

Last edited:

rlr718

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
The revival series (NBC, 1991) was excellent. The casting, the production values, and the photography were all top-notch. I also loved how they took the original source material and boiled it down to its best essentials, making only a few key changes that made the story flow better (and make more sense).
I remember it seemed like high production values. Also back then, I thought Ben cross was kind of hot (he recently passed away). I will be dipping into the 91 version soon.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
The cast had several soap opera veterans (from Another World, Days, Y&R, GL), several film stars, and a few actors who fall into the "about to be discovered" category.

The only drawback (and it is minor) is that the main location, the Greystone mansion in LA, is very difficult to disguise. The landscaping gives the game away. There are occasional palm trees in the background, which isn't common for coastal Maine.