Deleting Your Account

Via The Void

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think there should be an option in the settings whereby you can delete your account if you want to leave the Forum.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Facebook has a handy Deactivate Account as well as a Delete Account in it's settings.

It would be handy to have such options for TellyTalk.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
We don’t delete accounts. If you no longer wish to post that’s a personal choice.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The advantage of deleting or deactivating a Facebook account is that you will no longer receive notifications of when you are tagged in a post but as you don't get those types of notifications from Telly Talk what is there to gain by deleting your account? If it stays open but unused, how would that impact negatively on someone?

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In addition to the excellent points made by Angela, a key reason for not deleting accounts is because of the effect it would have on the discussions. If a member's posts all vanished, conversations in many threads could become confusing - perhaps even misleading - to read through.

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In addition to the excellent points made by Angela, a key reason for not deleting accounts is because of the effect it would have on the discussions. If a member's posts all vanished, conversations in many threads could become confusing - perhaps even misleading - to read through.
Pretty much this, especially on a forum like TellyTalk where conversations doesn't move at lightning speed and old posts are consistently bumped.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to have my account deleted once. So I understand the question but I haven't thought about what it would mean for the discussions in the threads. I just wanted to have a dramatic exit in that moment. Of course I was already thinking about a new alias name to return with - just in case I would miss something... ;)

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to have my account deleted once. So I understand the question but I haven't thought about what it would mean for the discussions in the threads. I just wanted to have a dramatic exit in that moment. Of course I was already thinking about a new alias name to return with - just in case I would miss something... ;)
A bit like Cathy Geary in Knots Landing when she exited in a dramatic season finale only to return with a new name.