Did one of Dynasty's wittiest lines come from...

JROG

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
One you're The Bitch, you're ALWAYS The Bitch.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Medals

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
You gotta love these two from Alexis, especially when put together:

Fortune teller: Someone who knows you intimately
Alexis: Well, that could be a regemente

Police: You have no witnesses
Alexis : I was in my bathroom, how many witnesses could there be?!

Alexis was the proud slut long before Samantha in Sex and the city.

Last edited:

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
There are many great and funny lines/zingers.

Two which come to mind are:

When Cecil talks to Krystle in season 1, and Blake walks in and says:

All lies.
Cecil answers: Worse. The truth.

This is great and early Dynasty at its best. The whole conversation between K and Cecil is one of those you missed later on. It had depth, seriousness and humor in a couple of minutes. And allowed you to get to know the family/the dynamic/what K was getting into. We never really got to know them much more after season 2. They became A moves/goes to B, but the personal touch had flown.

The second line is the exact opposite and it had been better if Krystle just shut up

It's when Alexis and K are in the dungeon after the Moldavia coup, and K makes an effort to tell Alexis it's going to be hard to forgive her if they make it out of there.
This line is awful, catastrophic from start to finish. Why does she even say it? Why is Alexis' feelings suddenly so important? Alexis' couldn't care less if K forgives or stare in a wall for the rest of her life. And why would K think of that as important when she hated Alexis because of season 2?
This was Dynasty at its worst, platitude and incoherent. It was just so "voicy" but lacked the meaning.

Last edited:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
There are many great and funny lines/zingers.

Two which come to mind are:

When Cecil talks to Krystle in season 1, and Blake walks in and says:

All lies.
Cecil answers: Worse. The truth.

This is great and early Dynasty at its best. The whole conversation between K and Cecil is one of those you missed later on. It had depth, seriousness and humor in a couple of minutes. And allowed you to get to know the family/the dynamic/what K was getting into. We never really got to know them much more after season 2.
DYNASTY in season 1 was a much cleverer, more sophisticated show than anything on TV at the time--and certainly eons ahead of the Dallas country bumpkins.
I imagine season 1's Fallon, Cecil, and Stephen mocking the characters in later seasons: some of their surely favourite targets: later seasons' Fallon and Steven.

thomaswak

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
DYNASTY in season 1 was a much cleverer, more sophisticated show than anything on TV at the time--and certainly eons ahead of the Dallas country bumpkins.
I imagine season 1's Fallon, Cecil, and Stephen mocking the characters in later seasons: some of their surely favourite targets: later seasons' Fallon and Steven.
Season 1 Fallon would kick The Colby's Fallon's whining ass. But she surely would get along with Season 9 Fallon. And both would make fun of Jeff. And they'd laugh, and they'd laugh...