• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Do you ever have any TV series music in your head...?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, with any frequency?

I do. Krystle's theme, especially Conti's orchestration of it in the 1980 pilot, I hear all the time. Have for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have quite a few, these being main title tracks:

Trapper John, M.D.
Hawaii Five-O (O-R Jack Lord)
Dallas (O-R CBS Lorimar)
Hart to Hart

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ironically, since the original show was stupid compared to the reboot, I had Glen A. Larson's' Battlestar Galactica theme for years in my head.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Yes when I come down the stairs I hear the Dynasty theme. I pause on the 3rd last stair, hold on to the banister and smile briefly all Krystle-like and then regain my regal composure. Then I come down the last stairs turn right and enter the kitchen, open the fridge and stare into that for few minutes.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I hear the "Walking Dead" theme in my head all the time. Especially when i'm outside and it's dark already. :eek: :D

Another one that haunts me from time to time is Sylar's theme from "Heroes", that's creepy as well.
I only have creepy sounds in my head!!!! :confused::eck:

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sylar's theme from "Heroes", that's creepy as well.
Beautiful, I had never heard it before.

Another theme that keeps haunting me:
Maybe "haunting" isn't the right word, because it's a theme that starts to play when I'm feeling happy or optimistic.

"Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics is my pee-song.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Beautiful, I had never heard it before.

Yes, "Heroes" has lots of beautiful character themes, i think after 2005 it was one of the last shows that did these individual themes for all the different characters.
It's a good show, maybe you should give it a try, i love it. All 4 seasons are on Netflix. ;)

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Three lovely pieces of music from Knots accompany me fairly regularly. All of them composed by Jerrold Immel:

The piece that starts at 2:05 here and runs for about a minute:
It was used for a number of episode endings where it ended differently. And that's the version that runs in my head.

Laura's theme for melancholy moments.

The music for the resume of the previous season's cliffhanger from the S6 premiere. I couldn't shake this one for years:

When I hear these I feel very sad that the Film Music Society's promised CD of Jerrold's compositions from Knots and Dallas came to nothing.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, and all of Robert Cobert's background cues for DARK SHADOWS (of course he's a Scorpio/Moon in Libra).

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...and the melody to Bette Davis' THE NANNY.

And Laurie Johnson's AVENGERS musical cue whenever John Steed goes quietly snooping around -- especially in the first, B&W Diana Rigg season...
Oh, here it is from around ~2:10 thru 3:30:

Who knows why??

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, I also hear that Bruce Broughton music when Sue Ellen is riding at the Southern Cross, the episode just before Jock's will is opened.

JeffUSA

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Prior to Dynasty's premiere in 1981 and throughout season 1, all of the promos that ran on ABC featured this particular music that has remained stuck in my mind for decades. I'm not sure what it is but it must be a piece of stock music because I've heard it used in other promos for shows and mini-series (I believe it was used for "Lace" promos also). I know nothing about the song's background; I just always liked it.

Also, "Meggie's Theme" from The Thorn Birds is another that lingers in my mind, somewhat hauntingly.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Prior to Dynasty's premiere in 1981 and throughout season 1, all of the promos that ran on ABC featured this particular music that has remained stuck in my mind for decades. I'm not sure what it is but it must be a piece of stock music because I've heard it used in other promos for shows and mini-series (I believe it was used for "Lace" promos also). I know nothing about the song's background; I just always liked it.

Yes, absolutely. It seemed perfect for early-DYNASTY, like a late-'70s miniseries. I even seem to recall it being used for S1 and S2 teaser scenes and "previously on DYNASTY" recaps before the opening theme … at least, I think.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I hear what I call 'JR's theme' in my head when I'm powering up to do something important.