Do you recognize that feeling that you can only spell a certain word if you typ it really fast?

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Reaction score
Medals
I'm like that with PIN numbers and entry codes. I just have to stop trying to get into my building using my debit card number, that's all.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
I'm like that with PIN numbers and entry codes. I just have to stop trying to get into my building using my debit card number, that's all.
At my job I have a code number to type to get in the front door. Then a clock in number, then each lift in the building has a different numerical code and there are 3 lifts. So many times I have either tried to enter the building with my debit card number, or clock in with it, or use the lift with it. And then at the same time I have used my clock in number or the door entry number to try and take cash from an ATM.

One night when I was very tired after work I used 2 work number sequences when trying to get cash out.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Definitely and definitive are two examples. Once I start to think how to spell it, I can't do it anymore.
I don't know about that. I was never really properly trained to type, but I can type in the dark. I don't fully understand that.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
I'm like that with PIN numbers and entry codes
That's a good one. I used to do that with a (looooooooong) password for a library website, I had to type it with rhythm, like making music. (ta-teedee-ta-daa, taa teedee-teedee).
At my job I have a code number to type to get in the front door. Then a clock in number, then each lift in the building has a different numerical code and there are 3 lifts.
Gosh, I've always wondered what it's like to work for SPECTRE. I imagine how entering the wrong code will turn you into breakfast for piranhas.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
I imagine how entering the wrong code will turn you into breakfast for piranhas.
Not quite, but entering the wrong code 3 times at lifts or doors will cause them to automatically lock down. Then it's a whole nightmare to get them unlocked again. And it happens often, especially when new people start work there.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
But what if there's a fire?
If there is a fire all lifts shut down automatically. All fire doors close automatically but all exit doors open automatically. And there is a fire drill once a week and all of these things happen.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Very nice if you're in the lift at the time it happens!:yikey:
There is manual way of getting people out of the lift. Someone got stuck in it while I was at work, when there wasn't a fire. But the firemen had to get him out. It's only a 4 floor building so it's not that difficult.