DYNASTY '69 : Trailer 1

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree. It reminds you how spot on the casting was for Dynasty. Also Joan was a real beauty in the 60s and 70s, and you can imagine her marriage scenes with Blake so much better than the Season 7 flashback.

One of my favourite moments is when she walks in to her bedroom and finds sneaky Caress! Spot on.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can't stop watching this. It's like an illness.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd always wondered if the show could have done something a little like what @Richard Channing has done here -- use old movie clips and construct faux flashbacks actually shot in the proper era, with the use of a little voice-over here-and-there.

They managed to get clearance on that old '40s clip with Jane Wyman having a baby which they used for FALCON CREST, after all.

Yeah, or like an invasion by aliens, and they're using that trailer to control our minds and, ultimately, the world.
Oh, the villainy!
Yes. So we'll all die nasty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can't stop watching this. It's like an illness.

Too funny Snarky. I see your point though. Richard has created something unique with this trailer. It's everything I would wish to see in an adult contemporary drama. And I mean adults, not teenagers wishing to play in the an adult world but ultimately looking childish.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Too funny Snarky. I see your point though. Richard has created something unique with this trailer. It's everything I would wish to see in an adult contemporary drama. And I mean adults, not teenagers wishing to play in the an adult world but ultimately looking childish.
Thanks Rove!

I'm currently working on trailer 2 which picks up right where trailer 1 left off and expands on some of those themes and relationships.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It must be very challenging and exciting to collect all those pieces and edit them into one video.

Yeah, it's definitely both. It is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle, finding all the clips that could work and then figuring out how to fit them all together. I was conscious with the first one that I was using a lot of the good stuff I'd found, especially where Blake and Alexis and the mansion were concerned, but I couldn't resist. But hopefully I'll be able to follow that this time, I've gotten hold of more footage of many of the cast that should piece together into some juicy story lines.

Then there's the music. I put a lot of time and research into coming up with just the right music for the last one. I think I've found what I'll be using for trailer 2, but then I'm still on the look out in case I come across something better.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Snarky, remember the cgi Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Marilyn Monroe thread?

This video about Star Wars: Rogue One further demonstrates that it would truly be possible to have late old Hollywood actors present in a prequel.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Hi @Richard Channing , I hate to be so awkward as to bring this up, and I would never intentionally infringe on the creative process of a genius such as yourself but...

I need trailer 2!!!!!

My life is empty and the days are so long. Especially now that I have two days off and am being bombarded with snow from the beast in the east.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi @Richard Channing , I hate to be so awkward as to bring this up, and I would never intentionally infringe on the creative process of a genius such as yourself but...

I need trailer 2!!!!!

My life is empty and the days are so long. Especially now that I have two days off and am being bombarded with snow from the beast in the east.

I'm also being bombarded by the beast! Actually I only live about an hour away from you now (if you are in Belfast?). I live near Drogheda now. So, I'll be snowed in for the next few days too which should give me plenty of time to do more on the trailer.

So, here's an update. The bad news is you'll have to wait a little bit longer, but the good news is there will be not one, but 2 more trailers. I was putting all the segments together last week and realized it was too long for one trailer. So I've made it into 2 but I need to add more scenes to each as I kind of want each one to work on it's own, as well as it being an ongoing story from 1 - 3. I have about 80% of each one done. I'm also conscious that they've both got to match the standard of the 1st one so, being somewhat of a perfectionist, I won't be sharing them until I'm 100% happy with the end result. I might aim to get 2 finished first and maybe post that while I'm finishing off 3.

What I can tell you is there will be a love triangle (or two), a whodunnit and a major catastrophe.

Here's a little scene from Trailer 3 to whet your appetite.