LV

Reaction score
Awards

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I cannot see how this show is even still running. Oh well, good for its fans.

All five of them are ecstatic. They booked a (small) table at TGI Friday's to watch the next episode this Friday.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Debbie Downers!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dynasty is fully owned by CBS and considering how littered the network is with WB produced shows (add that fellow CBS shows Crazy Ex and Jane are ending) another season of it and Charmed is a safe bet.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I cannot see how this show is even still running. Oh well, good for its fans.

Network politics.

It's a shared network for C(BS) and W(arner).

Current Warner shows:
Arrow (IP owned by WB)
Legends of Tomorrow (IP owned by WB)
The Flash (IP owned by WB)
Black Lightning (IP owned by WB)
Riverdale (IP owned by WB)
All American
Supernatural
Legacies
iZombie (Ending) (IP owned by WB)
Roswell, New Mexico
The 100

Current CBS shows:
Dynasty (IP owned by CBS)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Ending)
Charmed (IP owned by CBS)
Jane the Virgin (Ending)
In The Dark

In case you haven't noticed, there's a heavy imbalance within the network as of now, not only what shows come from the CBS vs WB, but also who owns the actual intellectual property. I guess that's why we've suddenly heard of The CW developing a The 4400 revival (a CBS IP).

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Network politics.

It's a shared network for C(BS) and W(arner).

Current CBS shows:
Dynasty (IP owned by CBS)

That sure explains why they are unlikely to cancel it even with the show's abysmal ratings--currently the second lowest rated show on CW, with crazy ex-girlfriend being dead last. And that is being cancelled.

I guess that's why we've suddenly heard of The CW developing a The 4400 revival (a CBS IP).

Huh? Why a revival? It's not like the original had anything going for it other than the premise and so a reboot is needed for all the memorable episodes. Everything other than the premise was derivative. And since there are many of the 4400 we have not seen, they could just do a straight continuation.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I believe The 4400 was one of the first shows that did the "coming back from the dead/future/whatever" story, and it's been copied many times since then.

:kiss:

Also starring, Billy Campbell as the villain.

Unfortunately, the last season looked very cheap and that didn't work for a show like The 4400.
I hope the remake will get the same budget as Sense8:spinning:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That sure explains why they are unlikely to cancel it even with the show's abysmal ratings--currently the second lowest rated show on CW, with crazy ex-girlfriend being dead last. And that is being cancelled.

It should be noted that Crazy Ex has pretty much been at the bottom of their shows for the past four seasons and they're pretty much ending it on their own terms, with the final season going up from 13 episodes to 18.

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, Netflix deal or not, I lost interest mostly in it. That's why I just skim the episodes now, OR I watch reviews of what happened. That's it. I'm not sitting through an entire episode anymore. It should have only lasted 1 season and wrapped up. They ruined it. Some stuff I liked and some I didn't, but it's just pretty much ruined now. It's nice they gave us an intro and improved it for season 2 but even that they cut as short as they could. I HATE Jeff Colby. I don't understand what's up with him, even after losing interest in him last season. He was a wuss. Now he's trying to be buddy buddy with Michael? Ugh! Kelly Rutherford's character was a waste. I didn't like how she ended up. She should have stuck around. I am not really liking this Liam and Michael with Fallon thing. It's dumb. Either give Liam someone to be with or get rid of him. But now Fallon wants to be with him? What about Michael? Will he go back with Monica? Will she get more screentime and a spot in the intro? Some stuff is good and some isn't. Alexis getting with Blake? Never on the original! I understand it's a new creation, but wow...just wow. I don't really care for the new Cristal. I liked the old one. I would hope they wrap it up at the end of season 2. It should have wrapped end of last season. These ratings are cancellation material, practically every episode that has aired. Only reason it's still on is because of the Netflix deal. But I am with those who would rather see it get cancelled, but I would want to see it end with closure and not with some cliffhanger again at the end of season 2. It's crazy if this gets 4 seasons!

Last edited:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It should be noted that Crazy Ex has pretty much been at the bottom of their shows for the past four seasons and they're pretty much ending it on their own terms, with the final season going up from 13 episodes to 18.

So stupid. That show gets even lower ratings than Dynasty? Right? A few of these shows should have been cancelled a while back. Less than a million viewers per episode.

K

Karin Schill

Some stuff is good and some isn't. Alexis getting with Blake? Never on the original! I understand it's a new creation, but wow...just wow. I don't really care for the new Cristal. I liked the old one. I would hope they wrap it up at the end of season 2. It should have wrapped end of last season.

I am not watching the show but did Alexis and Blake have a fling or something on the new Dynasty?
I always wished they would on the original Dynasty!

I still wish they had given us the prequel show instead of the remake but oh well good for the people who like this show. Also good that NS got a new job after the way she was dropped from Desperate Housewives. I must admit that she being on DH was my original reason for tuning into that show since I loved her on Knots Landing.

I don't understand how the new Dynasty can have more episodes/season than the new Dallas though since Dallas TNT was a better show. I guess CW Dynasty must be cheaper to produce or something. :confuse:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't understand how the new Dynasty can have more episodes/season than the new Dallas though since Dallas TNT was a better show. I guess CW Dynasty must be cheaper to produce or something. :confuse:

DallasTNT was on a cable channel and they traditionally have shorter seasons and can run in odd time periods where shows aren't expected to run necessarily (such as summer and so on) - nuDynasty is on the CW where shows are expected to run through October to mid-May.