• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dynasty/Colbys Reunion

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
turn that plane back around Charles....I'm not going to Denver.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
So far guest videos for Joan Collins and the guy who played Chris Deegan. Just been joined by the guy who played the alien in the spaceship that took Fallon away.
1616275205813.png

Suddenly I´m invested in this reunion.
Chris was my favorite character right after Fallon...

Logan Rhinewood

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
This was fun and I loved it a lot. I thought the drag queen was fun and her shout out to Gordon Thomson coming out was nice. I thought Scott Mills was a lousy host. He couldn’t even pronounce Filoli properly. He cut people off and don’t make a point to get to everyone. Leann Hunley was hardly given an opportunity to speak. Michael Nader only spoke in the beginning, I believe. And Kathleen Beller made hardly a peep. It was nice to see everyone but PSM was sorely missed (by me at least.)

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I very much enjoyed the Reunion. I agree that the host could of done a bit more to keep things focused, but considering the Zoom format and having to deal with microphones being accidentally on mute and general tech glitches, I thought it was well done. Maybe the quiz went a bit too long, but we did learn a bit from the quiz along the way. Having watched a few of these Zoom reunions, really, the participants have to be inclined to speak up in order to get any "screen time." It was great to see Heather Locklear being really into interacting with everyone and she looked like she was having fun.

The Super Zoom After Party was focused on questions from the fans, and when a fan asked a question they were on camera talking with the cast. I was lucky to be chosen to ask a question and asked the cast to share any stories they had working with Diahann Carroll, and specifically, I asked Kathleen Beller if the rumour was true that Diahann was originally going to play Kirby's mother. She confirmed that yes it was true, and she even signed a contract to continue on the show for Season 5. She then said The National Enquirer leaked the story, the producers killed the storyline, and Kathleen's contract for Season 5 was cancelled. Kathleen graciously sent me a private DM thanking me for my question. I am kinda floating now
The Cast had good memories of Diahann and mentioned she had a keen sense of humour.

John Forsythe's sense of humour was also brought up. I forget which cast member it was, but they mentioned that once when John was holding one of the dolls they used to impersonate one of the Carrington babies, when the director yelled cut John would take the doll and smack against a table as a joke. Then Kathleen recounted that in a scene she had with John when she was wearing a padded stomach to simulate Kirby's pregnancy, when the scene cut John as a joke kicked her in the stomach!

Leann Hunley recounted what it was like coming from Daytime to Dynasty and how in Daytime she was used to running lines and having some rehearsal with her scene partner. On her first day of Dynasty he first scene was with John Forsythe. She finally met John on set for the first time and broached the subject of running lines, to which John told her he was fine and didn't need to run lines! Leann was speechless LOL.

Another interesting question asked was to Heather Locklear asking her what it was like working with Rock Hudson, and did she wish she had more of a chance to work with him. She said of course she wished they had more scenes together. She also said how kind Rock was and how they ran lines together to prepare for their scene. Kinda cool.

I remember the cast discussing working on The Warner lot and how everything about the studio was bare bones. Behind the scenes it was not glamorous. The dressing rooms were all down a long hallway and quite small in size. There was no commissary so lunch came from a lunch truck or something like that which the cast called the Roach Coach. Or the cast would eat off the lot. One place mentioned by Jack was the Formosa Cafe across the street from The Warner Lot which Heather was not impressed with. Stephanie and Emma had a laugh because while working on The Colbys on the Paramount lot, they ate at the studio commissary.

Wardrobe was discussed and the actresses revealed that Nolan Millar mainly created costumes for the two top actresses Linda and Joan, while unless it was a special outfit, they were outfitted by other means. Leann spoke about being fitted for her wedding gown by Nolan, as well as being fitted for the knock-off version of the gown for a runway show and how the sizes differed. Kathleen spoke of the only dress Nolan designed for her was the pink dress Adam tore off her when he raped her. The dress was designed to breakaway during the scene.

The cast talked about working with directors Don Medford and Irving Moore. Both director's sounded like real characters.

Jack Coleman teased Heather Locklear a bit when she complimented him and he stated he has waited 30 years for that compliment.

Also, Jack said that he was texting with Bill Campbell (Luke Fuller) during the Reunion and mentioned that Bill lives in Norway with his new wife.

I thought it was kind of cool during the quiz to learn who played the Alien when Fallon boards the spaceship and zooms off of The Colbys. One of the assistant directors Ned Davis played the part because he fit into the costume which was one of Leonard Nimoy's old Star Trek costumes. He shared a photo of himself and John James behind the scenes on The Colbys.

That is just some of the stuff I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

bernard.c

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
I very much enjoyed the Reunion. I agree that the host could of done a bit more to keep things focused, but considering the Zoom format and having to deal with microphones being accidentally on mute and general tech glitches, I thought it was well done. Maybe the quiz went a bit too long, but we did learn a bit from the quiz along the way. Having watched a few of these Zoom reunions, really, the participants have to be inclined to speak up in order to get any "screen time." It was great to see Heather Locklear being really into interacting with everyone and she looked like she was having fun.

The Super Zoom After Party was focused on questions from the fans, and when a fan asked a question they were on camera talking with the cast. I was lucky to be chosen to ask a question and asked the cast to share any stories they had working with Diahann Carroll, and specifically, I asked Kathleen Beller if the rumour was true that Diahann was originally going to play Kirby's mother. She confirmed that yes it was true, and she even signed a contract to continue on the show for Season 5. She then said The National Enquirer leaked the story, the producers killed the storyline, and Kathleen's contract for Season 5 was cancelled. Kathleen graciously sent me a private DM thanking me for my question. I am kinda floating now
The Cast had good memories of Diahann and mentioned she had a keen sense of humour.

John Forsythe's sense of humour was also brought up. I forget which cast member it was, but they mentioned that once when John was holding one of the dolls they used to impersonate one of the Carrington babies, when the director yelled cut John would take the doll and smack against a table as a joke. Then Kathleen recounted that in a scene she had with John when she was wearing a padded stomach to simulate Kirby's pregnancy, when the scene cut John as a joke kicked her in the stomach!

Leann Hunley recounted what it was like coming from Daytime to Dynasty and how in Daytime she was used to running lines and having some rehearsal with her scene partner. On her first day of Dynasty he first scene was with John Forsythe. She finally met John on set for the first time and broached the subject of running lines, to which John told her he was fine and didn't need to run lines! Leann was speechless LOL.

Another interesting question asked was to Heather Locklear asking her what it was like working with Rock Hudson, and did she wish she had more of a chance to work with him. She said of course she wished they had more scenes together. She also said how kind Rock was and how they ran lines together to prepare for their scene. Kinda cool.

I remember the cast discussing working on The Warner lot and how everything about the studio was bare bones. Behind the scenes it was not glamorous. The dressing rooms were all down a long hallway and quite small in size. There was no commissary so lunch came from a lunch truck or something like that which the cast called the Roach Coach. Or the cast would eat off the lot. One place mentioned by Jack was the Formosa Cafe across the street from The Warner Lot which Heather was not impressed with. Stephanie and Emma had a laugh because while working on The Colbys on the Paramount lot, they ate at the studio commissary.

Wardrobe was discussed and the actresses revealed that Nolan Millar mainly created costumes for the two top actresses Linda and Joan, while unless it was a special outfit, they were outfitted by other means. Leann spoke about being fitted for her wedding gown by Nolan, as well as being fitted for the knock-off version of the gown for a runway show and how the sizes differed. Kathleen spoke of the only dress Nolan designed for her was the pink dress Adam tore off her when he raped her. The dress was designed to breakaway during the scene.

The cast talked about working with directors Don Medford and Irving Moore. Both director's sounded like real characters.

Jack Coleman teased Heather Locklear a bit when she complimented him and he stated he has waited 30 years for that compliment.

Also, Jack said that he was texting with Bill Campbell (Luke Fuller) during the Reunion and mentioned that Bill lives in Norway with his new wife.

I thought it was kind of cool during the quiz to learn who played the Alien when Fallon boards the spaceship and zooms off of The Colbys. One of the assistant directors Ned Davis played the part because he fit into the costume which was one of Leonard Nimoy's old Star Trek costumes. He shared a photo of himself and John James behind the scenes on The Colbys.

That is just some of the stuff I remember off the top of my head.
Thank you so much for the update

K

Karin Schill

I also enjoyed the reunion but it sounds like the Super Zoom event was better than the first event. How many people were left for the super zoom event @Brian Carrington Colby ?

I also had trouble signing in. It was nervewrecking as the thing I had feared would happened did happen. :yikey:I mostly use Zoom for work meetings and usually people just let me into the room. This event you had to sign in to attend. The problem was that I didn't remember which of my two work e-mails I had used to create my zoom account. So I had bought the ticket in the one I use the most, thinking it was that one. It probably wasn't since when I tried to sign onto the event using my e-mail and password for the event it didn't work and when I tried my e-mail and zoom password it didn't work. Eventually I was able to get in by signing in through my facebook account. But well I have zoom on my laptop and facebook doesn't run well on it, so I was so nervous that the whole computer would crash. After about 40 stressful minutes I was finally in the waiting room and then suddenly I was in the room. First then could I relax enough to have dinner.

My sister and I then watched the event together. It was my birthday so I had gotten dolled up in a dark pink dress with sequins that was very 80s glam and put my make up on. I knew we'd be on mute and no image but I still felt better getting dressed up for the event like if it had been an actual party. It felt a bit normal, as I normally dress up for birthday parties with my friends.

At 7.45 p.m. CET the event started with a video that someone had cut together that show cased a lot of pop cultural references how Dynasty had left it's mark. It was very cool as I hadn't seen most of the clips before. Whoever put that together had done his or her research. Towards the end there was a count down clock with clips from the show sprung in between before the event started. It was all very exciting and it was cool to be live on Zoom with the cast. It was totally different than watching an event afterwards. The chat room was buzzing with life from fans and some of the cast took their time to write there too. It was fun to see the casts reactions when they first saw each other again. They seemed genuinely happy to see each other. :party:

There were about 500 fans on the event and another 30 people who worked with it. The fans had come from all around the globe. Some were from New Zeeland. They must have had quite a time difference. Zoom behaved itself quite well except for when the host asked us fans were we were from and we were supposed to write that in. I tried to change my setting from a direct message to everyone and then my zoom froze and later crashed. I was thrown out of the room but luckily I was let back in when I tried to restart. I was so relieved to be back in. When that happened about an hour of the event had passed. When I came back on they were in the middle of the quiz.

Question to everyone else who was at the event, did Michael Praed say anything at all?
They were trying to talk to him but his mike was on mute when I was thrown out and later on when I came back he didn't say anything at all. He was all dressed up in a suit or tux and still looked handsome. But I felt bad for him that he was not included more.

Over all I think the event was a bit of a mess. I enjoyed it and I laughed more than I have in a long time. But it was hard to keep up with who was talking as the chat room was very active and stole attention and the person who was speaking was not always on the screen. So it sometimes took us a while to figure out who was talking.

The quiz also ran way too long even if I did learn a few new things. Like that the girl who played Lauren was actually Emma's niece. She showed up and made an appearance on zoom.

The doctors who would benefit from the research money also showed up. Emma said something about them being nice guys for being nerds or something like that. The fans then went out of their way trying to make the doctors feel better after being called nerds and kept complimenting them on their looks in the chat. Poor guys knew that people would rather wanna hear the cast and tried to keep their cameo as short as possible.

Joan Collins only appeared by pre recorded message. They showed a fan video of sorts before she showed up. She in particularly sent her love to Emma, John and Stephanie.

Stephanie Beacham joked a little about working with Michael Nader and how she had stuck her tongue down his throat during a kissing scene. He didn't seem to mind.
Maxfield Caulfield called Stephanie mom at one occasion. He also talked quite a lot. Someone brought up Grease 2 in the chat room.

Pamela Bellwood accidentally burnt down the set when she filmed her last scene where Claudia set fire to La Mirage.

Heather Locklear talked quite a lot and seemed to be doing fine. I was happy to see her look so healthy after all the crap she has been through. Someone commenting on that she had a photo of her and Linda Evans standing behind her on a table in her house. It was cool to see both Stevens on at the same time. Heather seems to have enjoyed working with them both.

Kathleen Beller mentioned how she had kept some of Kirby's maternity clothes. She also said that Gordon Thompson was the best kisser. John James wasn't thriled by that comment.

John James joked a bit with Emma and showed a photo of himself with the first Fallon. They also talked about how the painting all of a sudden had changed to another person and that was how Emma got her start on the show.

LeAnn Hunley loved her wedding gown.

They talked about more but sometimes I had a hard time to follow the conversation due to Zoom not showing who was talking on the screen.

A lot of the fans questions went unanswered and too much time was spent on the quiz. But over all it was a fun event and I really enjoyed it!
Thanks to the organizers and cast. :dance1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Meanwhile, same day same time, in an alternate reality, this happened...

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The question of could the actors ad lib or change any lines came up again in the Super Zoom and they all said no. Jack recounted a story from Season 5 regarding a scene he had with John James where Jeff socked Steven in the jaw and knocked him out. I think it is the scene where Jeff knocks Steven out to prevent Steven from coming along in the helicopter to search for the missing Blake and Daniel Reece in the mountains. Anyway, Jack said he thought the whole premise was stupid, so he went to the producers and the more he pleaded his case the more foolish he felt, especially when he said the scene was out of a movie. After a bit he gave up and never questioned or disputed a scene again.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the scene where Jeff knocks Steven out to prevent Steven from coming along in the helicopter to search for the missing Blake and Daniel Reece in the mountains.
I actually really like that scene! Just goes to show, the experience of acting in something and watching it are often very different things.

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
(....)

Joan Collins only appeared by pre recorded message. They showed a fan video of sorts before she showed up. She in particularly sent her love to Emma, John and Stephanie.
(...)
- Didn´t she sent her love to Jack instead of John? I wondered because JJ and Joan had/have a very good connection or did she say his name?

K

Karin Schill

- Didn´t she sent her love to Jack instead of John? I wondered because JJ and Joan had/have a very good connection or did she say his name?
I thought she said John. :)
They do get along well so it would make sense.

Also I found this short article about the event: