Dynasty in HD

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of which, I bet CW's DYNASTY will be using popular music, along the lines of The O.C. and GOSSIP GIRL.

Most likely will be. That doesn't really bother me, since GOSSIP GIRL managed to pull it off in some scenes. Heck, it because of that show that the song "We Could Have Had It All" got so popular. :lol:

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
I've been working on a decently-sized season 5 in HD. Good news to report soon!

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Last edited:

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is there a mailing list already? I want to be the first! :jolly: :D

And you're the only one thus far. So, if anyone else wants S5 in HD, make sure you PM me your email address. I believe I have my account set now so anyone can PM me.

Our previous major S2, S3 & S6 transfer was, rather incredibly, completed hours before the old SoapChat was annihilated, so I'll need those emails again -- if you're interested, that is. I should be done converting the files till the weekend.

I was able to get the 4.8 GB files down to only 1.3 GB by converting mkv files into mp4 and I believe the quality is comparable. So, you'd need about 40 GB of free space.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I ended up not getting any of the previous transfers to HD as the God's seemed to conspire against me. We had a power cuts over two days when I was downloading some. Then my laptop crashed because the power cuts happened without warning and in quick succession. It meant my laptop shut down and started about five times without me knowing and without the proper shutting down and restarting procedure. So it needed a total reboot and then the forum was down, and then I finally got my laptop running again after almost two days.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I ended up not getting any of the previous transfers to HD as the God's seemed to conspire against me.

Well, a 128GB SD-Card doesn't cost that much today, so if you're still interested, we'll find ways. ;)

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yea... I will def get my hands on one soon. :)

Better get a 128GB Micro-SD-Card, then you are more flexible with the card with using it afterwards for other things (mobiles, pads, etc). Those mostly come with a free adapter to make it a normal-sized-SD anyway. ;)

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm afraid I've encountered a problem. The audio in episode 28 is out of sync. And that's the original file from Amazon, not the result of my conversion, so I don't think I can fix that.

I should have the files ready for transfer tomorrow. Since each file is 1.2-1.3 GB, we should be able to do 3 episodes at a time.

So far, 5 people have requested season 5 in HD. If there's anyone else, make sure you let me know by tomorrow so I can include you in the mailing list. The links will then be valid till January 15th.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm afraid I've encountered a problem. The audio in episode 28 is out of sync. And that's the original file from Amazon, not the result of my conversion, so I don't think I can fix that.

I should have the files ready for transfer tomorrow. Since each file is 1.2-1.3 GB, we should be able to do 3 episodes at a time.

So far, 5 people have requested season 5 in HD. If there's anyone else, make sure you let me know by tomorrow so I can include you in the mailing list. The links will then be valid till January 15th.

Hah, love that screenshot. Typical "rich people" poses. :lol:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

You could try with "Avidemux". http://www.hecticgeek.com/2013/02/fix-audio-video-sync-save-permanently-avidemux/ ;)
There are also comments below, which could help with certain issues.

If you play the file in the VLC player, the 2nd option in the "Tools" section should help you to find the correct amount of delay while watching, as you can change the delay value while the episode plays.
Then you can write that down and use it in "avidemux" to correct the audio. If it's really that simple, it could be corrected in a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You could try with "Avidemux". http://www.hecticgeek.com/2013/02/fix-audio-video-sync-save-permanently-avidemux/ ;)
There are also comments below, which could help with certain issues.

If you play the file in the VLC player, the 2nd option in the "Tools" section should help you to find the correct amount of delay while watching, as you can change the delay value while the episode plays.
Then you can write that down and use it in "avidemux" to correct the audio. If it's really that simple, it could be corrected in a couple of minutes.
I love how tech smart you are Matthew. It's actually kinda hot. ;)

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, thank you! :hat:

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I love how tech smart you are Matthew.

I knew our Matty would come through. Besides, I learned a long time ago, when it comes to computers and technology - there is a solution out there to every, and I mean every single little or big problem. There is no such thing as impossible.

It's actually kinda hot. ;)

I could just slap his cheeks right now. ;)

If you play the file in the VLC player, the 2nd option in the "Tools" section should help you to find the correct amount of delay while watching, as you can change the delay value while the episode plays. Then you can write that down and use it in "avidemux" to correct the audio. If it's really that simple, it could be corrected in a couple of minutes.

That's exactly what I had in mind (though I had yet to look up the exact program that would allow me to do it - so thanks for helping me cut to the chase on that), but the issue is slightly more complex.

The episode starts out fine, then at about 15-minute mark there is a video-glitch - i.e., a portion of the video is missing (we see King Galen and Prince Michael walking in the royal gardens and at one point they skip a meter or two on their path).

From this moment on till the end of the episode, the audio needs to be hastened (-0.5s). Is it possible to hasten the audio only from a particular point in the file? I haven't checked the link yet, but maybe you know the answer already.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could just slap his cheeks right now. ;)

Is it possible to hasten the audio only from a particular point in the file?

I don't know of a free program that can handle this. But there is - of course - another workaround for that. :D
First cut the video at that point of the glitch into 2 parts (maybe avidemux can do that, or if not there are lots of free programs like "Free Video Dub"), then correct the out-of-sync-half and later merge the two together again.
I tried to avoid the word "just" here -- which wasn't easy. :hats:

Last edited:

Jermaine

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards