• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dynasty renewed for season 5

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The network announced Wednesday it has given early renewals to the majority of its current series and extended episode orders for its two freshmen dramas, Walker (additional five episodes to 18) and the upcoming Superman & Lois (additional two episodes to 15), which debuts Tuesday, Feb. 23.

All American (season 4), Batwoman (season 3), Charmed (season 4), The Flash (season 8), Legacies (season 4), Nancy Drew (season 3), Riverdale (season 6) and Walker (season 2) have all been picked up for new seasons. Midseason series DC's Legends of Tomorrow (season 7), In the Dark (season 3), Dynasty (season 5) and Roswell, New Mexico (season 4), all of which do not have return dates at the moment, will also return for new runs.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is scary: last night I had a dream that CW cancelled Dynasty. When I woke up I told myself that couldn't be true because it's one of the top rated shows on Netflix. I boot-up my computer this morning and on my homepage there is a link to an article listing all of the series CW has renewed - including Dynasty. Things like this don't happen very often to me but when they do they freak me out. I woke up the morning of March 30, 1981 with a strange feeling; I wouldn't describe it as a dream but I felt very strongly that someone shot the President. I turned on the TV to see if there was any news and was relieved when there wasn't. Later that day John Hinkley shot Ronald Reagan.

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Netflix deal must be raking in the dollars.

I wonder what cast changes will occur.

Will a recast Steven come back?

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Netflix deal must be raking in the dollars.
I'm guessing that is the ONLY reason why Dynasty is being renewed. When the last season screened here in Oz it remained in the top 10 for a number of weeks. Which makes me wonder. If the Brainiac's at TNT Dallas had on sold Dallas to Netflix would it still be on air?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm guessing that is the ONLY reason why Dynasty is being renewed. When the last season screened here in Oz it remained in the top 10 for a number of weeks. Which makes me wonder. If the Brainiac's at TNT Dallas had on sold Dallas to Netflix would it still be on air?

Probably not. My sister loves nuDynasty because it's breezy, fun and light watching, especially in these times. I don't think she'd buy into crime time Dallas.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last I heard, they were filming episode 11 of season four. In the past, this would have been enough of a stockpile of episodes for them to begin airing the season, but I've heard nothing new about a premiere date (which, even back then, was the vague "Spring of 2021"). The stars of the show will occasionally post some stuff on social media alluding to what episode number they are filming, maybe a picture or two, but are being careful not to reveal too much about what is being filmed.

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought season 4 was going to premiere in the fall of 2021. Late September / early October?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought season 4 was going to premiere in the fall of 2021. Late September / early October?

No, the plan has always been "spring 2021", so I assume it'll run deep into the summer. We have no idea about the episode order though, some claims it'll still be a full 22 episode, but I'd assume they'll do closer to 13 (though if they're already at episode 11 they might do 16 or a similar number).

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am not sure of this, but someone said on reddit that Michael Michele said on social medias season 4 would be a 21 episodes season :

"Michael Michele mentioned in her live a few weeks ago that Dynasty will probably be airing in the Spring and there will be 21 episodes.
They're currently filming episode 10 and Season 4 is suppose to end filming in July."

Hi @MarkSinacori :dance1:

I’m still on season 1

You're still on the best season so far. The worst is yet to come.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, I didn't know that. Maybe April - August? Strange.

It's not that strange tbh. The CW has long said that they're aiming for a year-round schedule and the pandemic is just giving them more of an excuse to expand on that. Plus, it makes sense considering they're more of a showcase for streaming these days rather than earning money on selling advertising.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 4, with the very early season 5 renewal, is kind of free from "pressure" for the writers, I guess. I wonder if it will change anything in their storytelling. On reddit, the majority doesn't like season 3, and think it's worst than season 2... And they all the time point the same problems :

Where is Steven? Too much singing, the black and white episode, "Cristal the third" being the less lovable one (I want the name of the guy who took the stupid decision to fire Nathalie Kelley), Elaine Hendrix is ok but not as good as Nicolette, and were are the business stories?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 3 was much better plotted than season 2, it was just too bad that it was obviously cut short.

Legacies basically just filmed what they had planned for their own season that got cut short and aired it; Charmed as I understand ended up rewriting things. I wonder where Dynasty falls here and if we'll get the true tea on what the planned season 3 finale was.