nuDynasty Episode Chat Dynasty S2E05 "Queen of Cups"

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Wow. Never took you for a prude: a single woman accepting a kiss from a single man, we MUST alert the church elders! :lol:
He doesn't accept women kissing strange men, only sleeping with their husband's brother. :floor:

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
He doesn't accept women kissing strange men, only sleeping with their husband's brother. :floor:
I wouldn't call Blake a strange man. A little weird, perhaps... a tiny bit sociopathic... a tad control-freak-ish... but all in all, not necessarily a *strange* man... :lol:

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
If Jeff is indeed the victim, then Alexis would also inherit his voting stake in Carrington-Atlantic, I guess, giving her an independent fortune as well as an excuse to stick her nose in C-A business.

This whole back-story about the fake Rembrandt (which apparently is not the only fake in Blake's collection) along with Steven's paternity gives the impression that Alexis had been engaging in these various schemes and lies for the entirety of her marriage. For someone so good at lying, scheming, and fooling everyone during her younger years, she sure can't engineer a decent scam to save her life nowadays. You'd think she would be better at her schemes as she ages, having learned from her mistakes, but she seems to be going in reverse.
I guess I don't recall hearing anything about the back-story of the fake Rembrandt on the show. When that first popped up in the show, the first thing I thought about was the Nazi treasure collection in season 9 of original Dynasty.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
I guess I don't recall hearing anything about the back-story of the fake Rembrandt on the show. When that first popped up in the show, the first thing I thought about was the Nazi treasure collection in season 9 of original Dynasty.
Because of the painting? It brought back memories of the pawned Emerald necklace for me. Then again, many of us have too much ram devoted to DYNASTY memories.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
the fake Rembrandt ... the first thing I thought about was the Nazi treasure collection in season 9 of original Dynasty.
Likewise. Specifically the To Alexis, With Love painting that got taken to the art dealer for appraisal and found to be authentic.
the painting? It brought back memories of the pawned Emerald necklace for me.
I thought the pawned necklace Easter egg was covered in S1E3 with the necklace auction & burglary on the same night, which resulted in Celia’s engagement ring being among the stuff pawned.
… the original was iconic, as well as establishing for the viewer that this show has a thought-out arc where the writers can give us hints of the future because they know what that future will be. Not so with peach Dynasty, which is planned maybe 3-5 episodes ahead at the most.
Disagree. For instance, S1E3 foreshadowed the reveal of S1E20 when Anders told Jeff that he always knew the location of every true Carrington.