At least their promo is funny

(though the thread title was wrong and a mod edited it for me) --DA

Last edited by a moderator:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The CW continues to their expensive and exhausting five second promos!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That would be the perfect "bite-sized" promo to air in commercial breaks during the CW's primetime schedule, but it's not a good representation of "next week on..." type promos that are typically thirty seconds long.

It's also questionable because these are the last people on Earth who need a "fortune teller". They only need to check their online banking to see their fortune(s).

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's also questionable because these are the last people on Earth who need a "fortune teller". They only need to check their online banking to see their fortune(s).

Hey come on, though I have never been to a fortune teller (because I am a doubting Thomas about everything), I actually think going to one would be fun, and I expect maybe I will some day ;). And why wouldn't Sam want to know if he will be alone now that Steven is gone?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Say what you will about the promo, I thought "GET YOUR OWN CARD!" was hilarious. :lol:

Plus, can we just talk about the whole "Queen of Cups" reference? Obviously this will be the episode when the rest of the family - or at the very least, *Alexis* - FINALLY gets to meet Cristal. So far, only Blake and Anders have interacted with her, it'd be fun to see the rest of them meet her. I wonder if Cristal and Sam will get along? I hope they will, since she was Celia's friend, and Sam's husband is gone. Maybe they can form a sweet little support thing.

But I really hope we don't get a retread of Fallon vs Cristal this season. I wouldn't mind Fallon being a little suspicious and guarded, but ultimately she's fairly polite, choosing instead to wait and see if Cristal does anything that warrants an attack.

The real rivalry should take shape in, of course, Alexis vs Cristal. Its what the original series was built on, and last season we got some pretty good material before Nathalie's firing, plus a MAGNIFICENT catfight... so I'm hoping the writers have learned at least *something* regarding that.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Say what you will about the promo, I thought "GET YOUR OWN CARD!" was hilarious. :lol:

I loved it. And Sam and Fallon pair well together. Is this scene an homage to Adrianna, I wonder? As you said,"Queen of Cups" is how Adrianna saw Krystle when Alexis got her reading.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Hey come on, though I have never been to a fortune teller (because I am a doubting Thomas about everything), I actually think going to one would be fun, and I expect maybe I will some day ;).

I did back then when i was 16 or 17. It was an old gipsy woman with a glass sphere on a small red velvet pillow in front of her and she held a crow in a cage in the back of her tent, it all looked very professional and convincing. She told me that by my mid 20s i would be happily married to a blonde beautiful woman and have 2 kids and bla bla.
Yeah well.. i should have better spend that money on Burger King. :lol:

Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I did back then when i was 16 or 17. It was an old gipsy woman with a glass sphere on a small red velvet pillow in front of her and she held a crow in a cage in the back of her tent, it all looked very professional and convincing. She told me that by my mid 20s i would be happily married to a blonde beautiful woman and have 2 kids and bla bla.
Yeah well.. i should have better spend that money on Burger King. :lol:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Oh, that poor woman...

Btw, I'm reminded of a time in high school when another student said he could read palms. I gave in to morbid curiosity, and he told me I'd have four divorces, based on four lines on the side of my hand. So far I've had zero divorces, because I've had zero relationships. :lol:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I very much doubt it Ked. After last weeks travesty I'm going to give this reboot one more episode. If it's anything like Snowflakes In Hell I'll call it quits.

Pfft, every show has its bad episodes.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
You mean last week was the counterpart to oDynasty's S2 car racing episode with Steven? That could make sense... somehow .. :think:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A funny thing happened in town here several years ago involving a fortune teller/psychic/medium-type person. The lady had a place in a strip mall at the end of my street. Someone with a few screws loose set fire to the place in the middle of the night. When he was apprehended, he was babbling to the local police about fortune tellers and mediums being "agents of the demons". I'm pretty sure he got carted off to a rubber room. The funniest thing, though, was when the newspaper quoted the man who owned the kayak shop next door. He said something along the lines of "It's such a weird thing. Who could predict something crazy like that happening?" The spot is now a hot-tub dealership.

I hope he was trolling the reporter...it's just a classic line.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of course, it's a tip of the hat to Adrianna.

But Alexis and Anders spending one drunken night together and it resulting in a child? Cristal as a healer??

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of course, it's a tip of the hat to Adrianna.

I appreciate the Easter eggs of the old show in the titles. But I also can't help being nostalgic for a time when the name DYNASTY in its early seasons meant attention to detail. Look, for instance, how they used a simple card reading to reinforce the idea of Krystle we had from the first two seasons. She was represented with the Tarot card "Queen of Cups," and the internet tells us "The Queen of Cups is a beautiful, introspective woman who sits on a throne at the edge of the sea ...Unlike most of the cups in the Suit of Cups cards, this cup is closed – an indication that the Queen’s thoughts and feelings come from her subconscious mind and the depths of her soul ...It is as if she is connected with her emotions (as represented by the water), but not overwhelmed with them."

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yep....No James MacKay in the opening credits. "Kremlinized" already. But Brianna Brown in the "guest stars" made me (almost) forget!

Why are the commercials so much louder than the show? I have to keep changing the volume on the remote. If I were Sam, I'd be able to hire someone to do it for me. :re:

Harriet Sansom Harris and that turban are always welcomed. I've loved her ever since The Five Mrs. Buchanans. Great show, but its audience was even smaller than NuDynasty's. Someone should keep track of all the gibberish she spouted so we can outline the rest of the season ourselves.

"You have a better chance of getting Chick-Fil-A on Sundays than..." OMG! A true Georgia in-joke at last! [/fans self] Alexis and her art-dealer nemesis were on fiyah. More please. Masterpiece?!

I haven't seen that many knocked-up gold diggers in one place since I sat behind the dugout at Mets' Spring Training. [/rim shot] Luckily, a baby for Sam is closer than he knows.

Liam and Fallon have won me over. If they get together for real, will it be tacky to ask for wedding presents again? Their friends aren't going to know what to make of their make-up/break-up cycles.

Last edited:

Luuro

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
This felt more like an episode that should've followed last season's finale.

I can't believe it took this long for all this drama to start. The love triangle feels like it's completely consumed Fallon's character, I'm just not a fan of it at all. Everyone else, besides Liam, are getting themselves involved in more interesting things while Fallon is just all about love.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Odd how this episode kept talking about Steven. It was like the writers had to keep reminding us he existed, when we now know otherwise. Overall I kept yawning while watching this. With that said I have just two words on the Dynasty reboot....

....I'm out.​

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I haven't seen this episode and I'm not really tempted to watch it.