Dynasty Season 9 Thoughts/Reviews

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That said, Monica's arrival happens at just the right tiexcitement, even if Alexis appears to have left for three episodes, which would mean a return just in time for the end. I have no words for Jeff and Monica's sexual chemistry.

[/FONT]

I noticed that weird chemistry on The Colbys as well

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That said, Monica's arrival happens at just the right tiexcitement, even if Alexis appears to have left for three episodes, which would mean a return just in time for the end. I have no words for Jeff and Monica's sexual chemistry.

[/FONT]

I noticed that weird chemistry on The Colbys as well

GillesDenver

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE REUNION HOW SILLY YOU ARE - MAYBE A REUNION COULD END WITH ALEXIS, BLAKE AND KRYSTLE WATCHING SECURITY FOOTAGE OF ALL THE CATFIGHTS HAHA HOW SILLY OF AN IDEA

I think they are watching at you Tommy !

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Plus, Nader said he wasn't going to be coming back next year anyway... so Dex probably would have died from falling off the balcony. Very ironic, considering how he had just made a huge rant about being apart of his child's life... which also makes it rather sad. :(
I did understand it this way "when they (the producers) are not asking I´m out" ...his contract was up but I think he would stayed ... he talks about this while a tv team was on the set

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
How do you know`?

I really can't remember -- I read it somewhere one third of a century ago. But it also seemed obvious on the face of it. In fact, there was one episode (I forget which -- I'd have to go check) in which Fallon was having dreams about Roger, and his lack of presence in the episode felt "worked around" instead of his physical absence being scripted.

Last edited:

GillesDenver

LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's "the son also rises" (episode 15). According to the script, Roger was to appear into Fallon's dream.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-12-30 225914.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-30 225914.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture d’écran 2020-12-30 230009.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-30 230009.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture d’écran 2020-12-30 230028.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-30 230028.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 17

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I bet they would've had Eddie Peck playing his own son if Dallas hadn't gotten in the way.

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
This was one of the very first scenes that told me "this is going to be a different kind of season". There's a mild poignance to it that seems to suggest that time had quietly elapsed between Season 3 and Season 8, and there was an umbilical connection here at the start of Season 9 and the end of season 2 -- although Fallon looks a lot different.

Grant Jennings

LV

Reaction score
Awards
This was one of the very first scenes that told me "this is going to be a different kind of season". There's a mild poignance to it that seems to suggest that time had quietly elapsed between Season 3 and Season 8, and there was an umbilical connection here at the start of Season 9 and the end of season 2 -- although Fallon looks a lot different.

There's a lot that's different here. This is a legitimate conversation that two adult siblings would have, not empty threats or attempts at witty insults. We see a strained relationship between the flawed but compassionate Fallon and the hurt and emotionally crippled Adam. Adam is allowed to look rumpled - something we haven't seen (with the exception of someone post catfight) since season one. The lighting looks realistic and we can see shadows, it's not lit like a Target. The music doesn't overwhelm, instead in enters at the very last moment.

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Really a great scene and later both had a lot more good scenes together too - like in S1 Steven with Fallon - but this time in a different way. Also their lines together with Sammy jo were funny and realistic ...

S8´s last episode also has a special feeling for me (maybe just because it was my first I had on vhs ) ... later when I read Paulsen also had something to do with it I was thinking maybe because of this ... (the best from the old over the top drama team + some new serious writing producer) ... Wasn´t there the scene where Fallon seems to be her old self again talking to Sammy Jo like this "You wanted to be a Carrington that´s why you married Steven, now you want to be a Colby that´s why you choose Jeff ... you haven´t change much Sammy Jo ... "

Grant Jennings

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Really a great scene and later both had a lot more good scenes together too - like in S1 Steven with Fallon - but this time in a different way. Also their lines together with Sammy jo were funny and realistic ...

S8´s last episode also has a special feeling for me (maybe just because it was my first I had on vhs ) ... later when I read Paulsen also had something to do with it I was thinking maybe because of this ... (the best from the old over the top drama team + some new serious writing producer) ... Wasn´t there the scene where Fallon seems to be her old self again talking to Sammy Jo like this "You wanted to be a Carrington that´s why you married Steven, now you want to be a Colby that´s why you choose Jeff ... you haven´t change much Sammy Jo ... "
The writers created a realistic dynamic between many of the characters. In season seven they tried to create a sense of family but it was forced with everyone being unrealistically nice to each other. In season nine we see people working at their relationships - especially Fallon. Fallon seems reconciled to the fact that Adam is her brother which creates a sense of loyalty with her sticking up for him several times, whether he deserves it or not. Because of this it carries much more weight when Fallon calls Adam out on his B.S. Fallon and Sammy Jo burying the ax worked for me because both characters matured; they realized they loved the same people (Steven, Blake and Krystle... but maybe not Jeff) and were going to be stuck with each other so they might as well learn how to get along.

Something else I liked in season nine was there was a sense of routine in the household. The family dressed for dinner, had cocktails in the living room and then proceeded to the dining room. This was a logical way to resolve the dilemma of "how do we get these characters together".

thomaswak

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really can't remember -- I read it somewhere one third of a century ago. But it also seemed obvious on the face of it. In fact, there was one episode (I forget which -- I'd have to go check) in which Fallon was having dreams about Roger, and his lack of presence in the episode felt "worked around" instead of his physical absence being scripted.

Replace Virginia with Alexis, and this photo is all good.