LV

Reaction score
Awards

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here's a really nice video with Good Morning America on the set of Dynasty in early 1987.

The first part is with John and Linda around the 30 minute mark.

Then Michael Nader, Christopher Cazenove, Heather Locklear, Gordon Thomson and Jack Coleman.

It's strange seeing actors Christopher and Heather together who have never shared a scene, or Heather and Michael even.

Sad to think what happened to Christopher and Heather in real life.

They say that Dynasty jumped from 34 in the ratings to 17, with the last three episodes of the Love Remembered storyline.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A BBC doc on Elizabeth Taylor, with a fair number of comments from Joan Collins -- including about CLEOPATRA.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
They say that Dynasty jumped from 34 in the ratings to 17, with the last three episodes of the Love Remembered storyline.

They seem so happy and yet that must be exactly the time they had just been shooting the absolutly WORST episodes of the whole series, the infamous season 7B.
I wonder if Christopher knew at this point, that he's already on his way out again..
Did you all get that little scene at the breakfast table with Gerard about 50 minutes in? :D
Oh man, i wish i could have visited those holy sets in person at least once back then. :(
Great video, thanks a lot for the link!

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
They seem so happy and yet that must be exactly the time they had just been shooting the absolutly WORST episodes of the whole series, the infamous season 7B.
I wonder if Christopher knew at this point, that he's already on his way out again..
Did you all get that little scene at the breakfast table with Gerard about 50 minutes in? :D
Oh man, i wish i could have visited those holy sets in person at least once back then. :(
Great video, thanks a lot for the link!
Touring those sets would have been a dream come true... I mean I would need a time machine and all but still.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

At times the story of DYNASTY is tragic in all the cosmic clues they were missing. The show had somehow, after some horrible years (most 0f 4, 5, and 6A) found its way back to its core narrative by 6B. And even after the perfect opportunity to finally visit the past was squandered in 7A, despite Alexis living in the mansion, the show still accidentally stumbled once again across this monumental piece of its own legacy: Blake and Alexis as a couple. And even then, when obviously the show found some of its old sparkle and raison d'être back by some amazing piece of luck, they moved as far as way from core DYNASTY as possible, as if they were on a bet to destroy the show.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
No boobs at the end on Dynasty. I bet Elsworth Chisolm would have loved to see them too!