• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

DYNASTY Videos

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooh, your aftermath is so much better! So "Krystle" is dead, Jason is dead, Bliss is dead... I hope Monica's not dead? That didn't seem clear. Heh, I know it sounds cruel, but I'm grateful to you for having Yuri shoot Michael... and I love how Amanda didn't seem at all affected by it. :lmao:

PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S MORE?!

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooh, your aftermath is so much better! So "Krystle" is dead, Jason is dead, Bliss is dead... I hope Monica's not dead? That didn't seem clear. Heh, I know it sounds cruel, but I'm grateful to you for having Yuri shoot Michael... and I love how Amanda didn't seem at all affected by it. :lmao:

PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S MORE?!

here it is

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
here it is

I LOVE IT!!!!! :D:D:D

Huh, so Dex and Amanda thought Alexis was dead and found 'comfort' with each other... only to have a very much alive Alexis walk in on them... and declare her hatred for both. How dramatic! Again, I love it! :D

Oh yes, and the scene of Alexis' car being taken off the ship was epic! What movie was that from?

Poor Sable, she's lost her husband and two daughters (I'm sorry you killed off Monica, but oh well), but at least she still has Miles. I hope we get to see a scene of him comforting her - provided you continue with this lovely series. :D

Great job on all the editing, though! I love the scene where Blake is giving a speech to the whole family about Krystle's death. I hope its not too long before she comes back!

Also, I *really* hope you have a scene of Fallon and Amanda meeting. Did you know that Emma Samms and Catherine Oxenberg starred in a movie together?

(skip to 25:50 for their first scene together)

Last edited:

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I LOVE IT!!!!! :D:D:D

Huh, so Dex and Amanda thought Alexis was dead and found 'comfort' with each other... only to have a very much alive Alexis walk in on them... and declare her hatred for both. How dramatic! Again, I love it! :D

Oh yes, and the scene of Alexis' car being taken off the ship was epic! What movie was that from?

Poor Sable, she's lost her husband and two daughters (I'm sorry you killed off Monica, but oh well), but at least she still has Miles. I hope we get to see a scene of him comforting her - provided you continue with this lovely series. :D

Great job on all the editing, though! I love the scene where Blake is giving a speech to the whole family about Krystle's death. I hope its not too long before she comes back!

Also, I *really* hope you have a scene of Fallon and Amanda meeting. Did you know that Emma Samms and Catherine Oxenberg starred in a movie together?

- It´s great you like it. The scene is from the pilot of "Stingray". The original is much more longer and with great music like "Miami Vice" did it. It´s really cinematic.

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The host of our number 1 celebrity show ranked her interview with Joan the most terrible in 25 years.
Joan complained about water without gas, the temprature in the room and position of the camera weren´t right and her chair was uncomfortable. You should know Joan thought she would spent 5 minutes for this interview, but it went to 20 and I think it wasn´t paid extra because she was in Germany to promote a study for "Snickers" ...

https://www.vip.de/cms/25-jahre-exclusiv-das-war-frauke-ludowigs-schlimmstes-interview-4331503.html

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
On her 86th birthday lets remember the time she owned a really vile interviewer while promoting her hat collection and Sins miniseries. I just love how she takes control of the interview and puts the obnoxious little turd of a man back in his box all while smiling sweetly and oozing charm and loveliness.
The interviewer really is so horribly rude and basic. Queen Joan wins.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On her 86th birthday lets remember the time she owned a really vile interviewer while promoting her hat collection and Sins miniseries. I just love how she takes control of the interview and puts the obnoxious little turd of a man back in his box all while smiling sweetly and oozing charm and loveliness.
The interviewer really is so horribly rude and basic. Queen Joan wins.
Aww, it's not that bad -- it's just kind of teasing, which Bryant Gumbel was known for.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Aww, it's not that bad -- it's just kind of teasing, which Bryant Gumbel was known for.
He's horrible. He knows she's there for a purpose. She came to talk about her hat collection and Sins and he goes on and on about contract disputes. He was clearly attracted to her too, so maybe that explains the teasing. He did spend too long going on about the contract dispute. She handled it all very well though.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
He's horrible. He knows she's there for a purpose. She came to talk about her hat collection and Sins and he goes on and on about contract disputes. He was clearly attracted to her too, so maybe that explains the teasing. He did spend too long going on about the contract dispute. She handled it all very well though.
She responds properly. Gumbel was just being Gumbel, tweaking her over her fibs about the contract dispute. He's not being "horrible" -- just doing his job as a interviewer/journalist who's free to ask whatever her wants and isn't required to genuflect.

Now, that Australia-60 Minutes interviewer was indeed horrible.

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Shortly after filming The Reunion, Al Corley took a cameraman and visited his co-stars at their homes to talk candidly about the good old days and DYNASTY. The result was a 2-part documentary (3 hours) with some surprising revelations (for instance, I may never look at a Fallon & Steven kiss in the same innocent way again).

Unfortunately for some of us, the German station that aired the special dubbed all voices into German (using the original voiceover actors). Nevertheless, it's a fascinating look into the private lives of the Dynasty stars a decade after all that madness began. Previously chopped into 6 parts, someone finally posted the special in its original form, as two 90-minute episodes. Enjoy while it's up:

Just watched the re-run of the German special where Al interviews his co-stars.

Some interesting notes:

* Al and PSM had an affair and he said there were many affairs

* John said when PSM left it was the beginn of the show´s end

* Linda said it was magic – PSM and Fallon were on of a kind like Scarlett O´Hara and Vivian Leigh

* Linda said she cried like a little girl when they shot her last scene. She wanted her life back and hated the immense time presure.

* JJ would have ner left the show and told PSM she should stay „this is a job and a very well paid job“

* JJ felt like an outsider that´s probably why he became so close to Joan

* PSM wanted out because she couldn´t stand the physical pressure anymore. Shapiros phoned her if she wanted to do a spin-off. The Shapiros got really angry when she rejected. They never forgave her and she had to suffer for years

* PSM stated her role was great, until Joan came in and her part became bigger and bigger and PSM´s role became a cliche´

* PSM remembered the „Steven is gay“ – scene. First they shot it and Linda said „Steven is gay“ … it sounded so wrong. The whole cast laughed even John. 2 weeks later the had re-shot this scene.

* Joan said Linda needed distance towards her, because she had problems to play hate

* Joan told a nice story: when Irving called „action“ I started (I was Alexis like she was) and Linda called „cut“. Joan did you really mean it? – Linda that´s acting. – Oh, it was so real.

* Al: the people misunderstood when I left the show. They thought I wouldn´t like to play a gay character – but that´s why I took the role.

* Al: The producers were very worried because there was very strong pressure. Pressure from minorities, and from ABC. I was not allowed to be too gay and I wasn´t allowed to do certain things. I wasn´t allowed to touch men in front of the camera

* John: This confrontation with Al was a scene that we had to rehearse over and over. I do not like to remember that, because all of them had a word in it. The producers had their fingers in it as how we should play the scenes. That was very difficult at the time.

* Linda:
Rock kissed me and pressed his lips very close together. It was really strange. Today I know it was his try to protect me.

* Al: Showdown in Aaron´s bungalow. There they sat and told me directly that actors no longer wanted to work with me, that colleagues had problems with me and various directors had said I would not be acceptable and could not implement anything and probably did not want it.

Neues Bild (1).jpg

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today part 3 and 4 of this great German documentary aired. Hope google translated it good enough to understand it ...

JOAN: He meant the viewerss did not want to see him alienating his Krystle. He did not even want to kiss me when he lost his memory. Aaron and Doug said to him, "You've lost your memory and still think you're married to Alexis." He said no.
LINDA: They wanted from the beginning that we have affairs. But we refused, because otherwise everyone sleeps with everyone - the only ideal would be destroyed.
JOHN: That I stood up for these principles was one of the reasons for our success. And they could not make me a second JR Ewing. First there were two locations. There was Bo Hopkins house and ours. That was completely wrong. Turning only one scene improved the series immensely. The authors and producers noted which roles were well received by the audience and that they then developed these roles is understandable. Of course this is at the expense of dear colleagues (smiles).
BO: I did not really think that the series would run. They offered me a lot of money. I particularly liked the fact that he came back with his wife. I liked my relationship with you (Al) and Linda. Pamela called me: they want to kill me in the show, I do not want that. I do not believe that. In which relationship do I still stand to whom? Since I did not know yet that the story was already rebuilt. I was pissed off.

AL (before meeting Joan): We pay for the makeup, the hairstyle, the car. We have lost all difficulties to mother. I remember exactly when Joan came it changed the whole show. Who do you owe your role to? - Joan: My agent, Aaron, Esther, Doug Cramer. Even the boy with the flap. Everyone said it was his idea.

BUNKY (Linda's assistant): Joan can wear a hat like no one else. Linda was quick in the mask finished - some others needed more time (Joan). The first time Linda and Joan fought when we were shooting on Fox grounds. Linda can not stand any kind of quarrel. So I took Joan's role and she played Krystle. So I said you go straight, you grab her and push her. Linda appears - I stand behind a container plant, grab my throat, play it to Linda. A camera panning and I'm in the picture. You can see how I play it to her. With the consequence that they took a double for Joan. I crept around and listened to the door. I went to Nolan. I heard Joan is wearing a hat. Put Linda on a Florentine.

JOAN (very first scene): I remember that I had to talk a lot. I was very nervous -I can barely remember. Whenever I looked around I saw you all and I knew what you were thinking: ok, show me what you can do.
I think she (Alexis) was a very sensitive woman who had to put off a lot of it. I found the background story much more interesting and I understood her vendetta against Blake. I felt great sympathy for Alexis. She was described in the scripts very angry and very bad. No matter how bad, she never killed anyone. I had given the role some humor. At first the series was outstanding. It was the cast, the scripts, and the chemistry that was right between us. Some despised Aaron for being so successful.

JOHN: We knew as soon as we saw her, that she not only would be wonderful, but she would help the show tremendously. If there was ever an absolutely perfect cast for a role, it was Joan as Alexis. What she played, she played her entire life. Her robes were always a big surprise for me. If a lady came in a simple pullover, I asked, what happened?
I think Joan still considers me gay today (...) because I never got involved with her. She simply was not my type. (...) That created a certain tension between us, which does not have to be generated artificially. Linda very often insisted on changes in her lines. First I went to the producers, then Linda went in. And then came Joan. It was an interesting parade.

LINDA: We often had 20, 30 costume changes. Joan and I wanted to do take clothes with us. Joan prefers full wardrobe closets. Go in the memory there it looks like in a costume rental. I have clothes for 3 lives. Nolan had already made my clothes for "Big Valley". On Dynasty he said: finally I can show your shoulders and give you the presence you deserve. We padded and padded until it gave the order from above: no more shoulder pads. There was a fight, we needed our shoulder pads. We were able to react to her (Joan). I wanted Joan to be good, I wanted all of us to be good. Because only if we were all good was the series good too. Did you ever experience that there was a fight between us? Of course, the newspaper people do not like that and they invent stories.

JUDY (Joan's assistant): She was good. She changed the whole text, or said it in a different way. She often wasn´t ready. I often interceded for her, was her light double. It's just that Joan always wanted to know what her popularity is and Krystle´s popularity and what she wears.

Bill Leaversage (driver): I picked up Joan in the morning. She looked awful and behaved like that. Always in a bad mood.

NOLAN: She has always tried to finish everyone, but to no avail. That's why people liked her, instead of hating her.
The light people became crazy trying to illuminate her (Joan's first scene and her hat).

MAXWELL: We were all just puppets of the Shapiros and Spelling.
Al & Joan ohne Maske 1992.jpg
Al & John ohne Maske 1992.jpg

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
(...)

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

YAAAY! :D :D :D I'm still enjoying this series. It's quite fun! I love the idea of Alexis wanting Blake back while "Krystle" is dead. I can't help but wonder if you could have had Blake actually consider getting back with Alexis this time around? Then again, it'd be too soon after Krystle's "death."

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
YAAAY! :D :D :D I'm still enjoying this series. It's quite fun! I love the idea of Alexis wanting Blake back while "Krystle" is dead. I can't help but wonder if you could have had Blake actually consider getting back with Alexis this time around? Then again, it'd be too soon after Krystle's "death."

- nice idea ;)

colbyco

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, though I must admit, I'm mostly looking forward to Fallon meeting Amanda. :D

- I´m thinking about a scene where they argue in the hall ... Can you remember a scene where Fallon (Emma) argues with somebody in front of the stairs?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
- I´m thinking about a scene where they argue in the hall ... Can you remember a scene where Fallon (Emma) argues with somebody in front of the stairs?

I think she has a few arguments by or near the stairs in Season 9.