LV

Reaction score
Awards

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never saw that as a rape scene either. I don't think Alexis protests at all and there is never anything else said about it. It was more Dynasty doing one of the bodice ripper romance-y things.
Which scene is he talking about? Not the one where Dex says something like "I need" in a big white billowy shirt and carries her to bed...

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Which scene is he talking about? Not the one where Dex says something like "I need" in a big white billowy shirt and carries her to bed...
Yes, he rips open the purple outfit with fur on the arms.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, he rips open the purple outfit with fur on the arms.
That's the scene which made me suspect they'd gone after Frank Langella in 1983 and he'd likely turned them down.

A few months earlier, Langella had said in the press that, "I could watch DYNASTY three times a week, but I'd never want to act in one!"

Then, when Dex (Nader) first beds Alexis, it's done in a vaguely similar way to the way Langella picks up Kate Nelligan in DRACULA (1979) right down to the "I need" line and his billowy white shirt -- such that at the time I first saw the episode in late-'83, we were like, "Whoa -- that's a really lame copy of that scene from DRACULA."

Then come to find out that Langella was buddies with Nader's wife or somebody and apparently Langella "loved" DYNASTY -- it was his favorite show, but he meant that very snidely (for obvious reasons, the series ardent but utterly incompetent attempts at sophistication) his telling people "you've got to see" the show, because it's "so bad it's almost good."

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I prefer Nader and am glad he got the part. :danc:

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nolan Miller presenting the DYNASTY COLLECTION and wardrobe from the show on Donahue 1985 or 1986? Nolan repeatedly refers to Mondava? Or Mondavia, instead of Moldavia.

The clothes look so bizarre outside the context of the show.Of course he couldn't remember the name of a fictional country under the hot lights of daytime television.

Last edited:

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Imagine if this was oprah! Everybody gets a wardrobe! nolan will personally measure each of you but we let him leave the studio today

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The whole thing is like a soap wedding without a groom

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The whole thing is like a soap wedding without a groom

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The DYNASTY cast on Oprah, promoting The Reunion. I have been wanting to see this for years and finally just discovered it went up on YouTube.
Part 1.

Part2.

I really love Heather here. She's just a little ray of sunshine, so lovely and funny. There's a real star quality about her. I love her and Emma's friendship and dynamic, something that didn't translate on screen properly until season 9.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The DYNASTY cast on Oprah, promoting The Reunion. I have been wanting to see this for years and finally just discovered it went up on YouTube.
Part 1.

Part2.

I really love Heather here. She's just a little ray of sunshine, so lovely and funny. There's a real star quality about her. I love her and Emma's friendship and dynamic, something that didn't translate on screen properly until season 9.
I haven't seen this in 28 years!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I had been wanting to see ever since I had heard about it! Not quite 28 years for me, but still long enough.
Hopefully, someone will find and post Joan's 1988 appearance on OPRAH --- Oprah's first London telecast, apparently.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Hopefully, someone will find and post Joan's 1988 appearance on OPRAH --- Oprah's first London telecast, apparently.
I think I can remember Oprah in the late 1980s on Channel 4 here.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Surprisingly good!
I bought her 1980s Beauty book, and the Vinyl LP of it and I am dying to hear it, but I haven't had a record player in years. I'm gonna borrow a mates portable one soon and have a laugh.