Reaction score
Awards

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
He wouldn't talk to her for 6 months because she touched that f*cking award 10 seconds before him?
Those Hollywood guys do have weird problems man! :D

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
He wouldn't talk to her for 6 months because she touched that f*cking award 10 seconds before him?
Those Hollywood guys do have weird problems man! :D
Oh, gee, I think Forsythe (and even Grodin) are right here: Joan would do silly things to make people mad on purpose, then play the victim of their 'irrational' anger when it works.

I doubt Forsythe was upset so much by the award grab incident she sanitizes in the telling, but just a pattern of "Oh-I'm-such-a-diva" bull$hit from Collins which probably had become incredibly tiresome by then.

It's the same reason Linda didn't really want to do LEGENDS with Joan twenty years later: Joan wants to convince you she's really Alexis by being "difficult" in order to convey stature and get attention.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's funny how Esther can say all the right things like "if you get away from the core and context of the show you're in trouble", yet seem incapable of applying that to her own show.
Absolutely. She was intelligent enough to hustle us with all the correct observations and sentiments and insights during interviews. Never did them.

A hustler is good at that.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Amazingly, George Peppard made one huge contribution to DYNASTY (in addition to getting fired)...

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This hasn't been available online for a while but has popped back up again.

And around the 16:20 mark, the narrator says that the 3-hr. O-R pilot in 1981 was a "3-hr. movie extravanganza, a first in network history," and shows that it was an ABC Monday Night Movie in original broadcast (using ABC's Star Marquee movie graphics of the time), instead of the ABC Movie Special I always thought it was.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
This hasn't been available online for a while but has popped back up again.

I wish this great documentary would be up in decent sound and picture quality! :(
I even would buy this on DVD.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV Guide Special.
Joan Collins displays her comedic talent in the "not that far fetched" line, but Douglas S. Cramer later beats her.