• Season 9

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess I will never understand the shit storm about season 7. One of the best seasons, in my opinion. (...)

- I love this season - but only the first half until they came back from Singapore! It had so much potential and started big. The only bad point was the new Amanda ... it could have been the show´s best year that´s why I would make it a dream to reach its full potential.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I have to say season 7 doesn't bother me as much as season 8. Season 7 of Dynasty is like Dynasty trying to be Knots Landing, and I can sort of deal with that. I especially like the growth of Sammy Jo in season 7. She stops being the "Sammy Jo did it" character and becomes a real person, well, sort of. Season 8 is just nothing but stupid. Actually it's stupid and dull.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We are all entitled to our own opinions, though of course everyone who voted for season 1 is now on my list of enemies which I repeat like an Arya-like mantra in my head. :D

I have liked season 8 a lot more than season 7 because of the awful Cellini and Sarah Curtis, plus the show was going in a directions it needed to go--bringing the younger generation up front, complicating the sibling relationships (like Fallon siding with Adam against Steven), finally breaking up Jeff and Fallon, having Fallon written like Fallon instead of Stepford Fallon from the Colbys, making Adam real instead of a schemer... It's just that the show-runners had all these good ideas from the writers but no idea how to implement them. And the governors' race and the Sean plot just overtook the other plots which would have been signs of real growth.

I think there are lots of good candidates from posters : season 5 as @Willie Oleson said (my preference--the fairy tale of Moldavia), season 6 per @Tony (Krystle's dream) or season 7 per @Ked . But my own vote goes for season 4 because that is when I saw the arc derail. I would rather that the show did season 4 right--the original season is Jeff's hallucinations from the fumes. Alexis actually merges the two companies and when Jeff regains control of his shares she is outmaneuvered and Blake is the CEO of the new oil behemoth, tangling the lives of the two ex-spouses day and night. Instead of the stupid Claudia resolution Steven actually loses custody of his son, but with that Blake loses Krystle and Fallon, and on and on...

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would rather that the show did season 4 right--the original season is Jeff's hallucinations from the fumes. Alexis actually merges the two companies and when Jeff regains control of his shares she is outmaneuvered and Blake is the CEO of the new oil behemoth, tangling the lives of the two ex-spouses day and night. Instead of the stupid Claudia resolution Steven actually loses custody of his son, but with that Blake loses Krystle and Fallon, and on and on...

That's the frustrating thing about Dynasty. So many possible routes to go...

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the original season is Jeff's hallucinations from the fumes. Alexis actually merges the two companies and when Jeff regains control of his shares she is outmaneuvered and Blake is the CEO of the new oil behemoth, tangling the lives of the two ex-spouses day and night. Instead of the stupid Claudia resolution Steven actually loses custody of his son, but with that Blake loses Krystle and Fallon, and on and on...
Speaking of Fallon, how would you explain Fallon/PSM's departure? She's still in season 3 but when Jeff wakes up she's gone. Poof.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Fallon, how would you explain Fallon/PSM's departure? She's still in season 3 but when Jeff wakes up she's gone. Poof.

Well, didn't THE COLBYS help there with the UFO? ;)

Actually, I would hope that she would have had a meatier role in season 4 which perhaps would have kept PSM on board.

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
PSM left the show way too early. It doesn't fit quite right. She was perfect for the show and the story so far was built thinking she had a lot of unfinished business. So sad. One of Dynasty's little deaths.

Steven and Claudia never gave the marriage a genuine chance. It was over before it began, and I'm still frustrated over why these two couldn't just sit the f**k down and talk to each other and sort things out. Luke was yummy, in deed, but the whole thing happened too fast. Adam was there scraping up the leftovers like the vulture he was. He never once seemed truly happy, emotionally empty or at least indecisive about everything. I suspect Adam would score high on any internet test dealing in psychopathic personalities, along with his demonstration of some odd incestuous feelings towards Fallon and Alexis.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I suspect Adam would score high on any internet test dealing in psychopathic personalities, along with his demonstration of some odd incestuous feelings towards Fallon and Alexis.

Interestingly, Adam never demonstrated anything incestuous towards Amanda, but that only made me like their relationship all the more. It potentially could have been his healthiest relationship not just with a woman, but with *anyone*.

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
(....) Steven and Claudia never gave the marriage a genuine chance. It was over before it began, and I'm still frustrated over why these two couldn't just sit the f**k down and talk to each other and sort things out. Luke was yummy, in deed, but the whole thing happened too fast. Adam was there scraping up the leftovers like the vulture he was. He never once seemed truly happy, emotionally empty or at least indecisive about everything. I suspect Adam would score high on any internet test dealing in psychopathic personalities, along with his demonstration of some odd incestuous feelings towards Fallon and Alexis.

- The problem is they only married for Danny´s sake and writers forget that later and made them a real couple.

DF414

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Star Trek
I would have to pick season 1 - I know some like it, but I thought it was painfully boring.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would say anything between Krystle's fall from Champ and her finding Roger Grimes body at the lake could be, potentially, a dream.

For years, Mrs. Carrington hadn't been herself.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
All of it LOL
The series could have ended with Blake Carrington putting down a book,
staring at adult Fallon or Steven (or both, who might have been the authors)
and remarking with a laugh
"Is this novel based on anyone we Know!" LOL!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've talked about the show ending in a Moldavia castle as Krystle reads "The Dynasty" storybook to her grandchildren.

Did it all happen? Is it her elaborate journal?

velvetbook2.jpg

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 7 would've been a perfect time for a Krystle / Alexis affair.