EastEnders EastEnders

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed the whitney and Lee scenes. It is really odd, the characters I disliked under DTC are so much more bearable under SOC apart from Ian.

Lovely scenes with the Cokers and Billy. I did almost feel sorry for Jane in the Vic, then I remembered what she and Ian have done to Max. What goes around comes around. Linda is coming across strong and straight to the point which I also like. SOC is shaping the show into how he wants it. Interesting times for EastEnders fans.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Donna and Carmel scenes were very good and did make me laugh. I am liking the general naturalness of the show and the dialogue flows alot better.

Pam broke my heart. I am trying but I don't care about Ian and Jane.

Another cracking episode. We are being spoilt.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Poor Dot, how could Mr Papadopulous. You rat bag. I enjoyed the scenes with sharon and Dot.

Carmel was very annoying tonight. So Masood is back?

Johnny and Kush make a nice couple. If that bed could talk. :danc:

Harry Reid please stop shouting, over acting again.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was browsing through some 'then & now' pictures and was struck by how young looking Linda Davidson still is.

Looking very good for 52

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A really lovely episode, it was well written, it had a good community feel about it. All the characters interacted so well, it is quite amazing that this show has changed in less than a month. It won't delight or appeal to the DTC twatter twitter brigade who want flash, bang, wallop and gangster in their soap.

There was some lovely touches tonight. The scenes with Sharon and Ben, Lee and Whitney and the ending was just perfect, Pam smiling and waving at Johnny made me cry, it was just so right and a mini Julias theme at the end, a happy Julia's theme. :)

I am so happy with this show right now I keep thinking how long will this last?

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dot driving a smart car amused me for some reason. I am liking Sharon more and more, I also liked the Belinda and Carmel scenes, also it was nice to see the Carters be happy and normal, reminds me of how they were when they first arrived. It was interesting to see that Arthur was mentioned tonight. I wonder if Dot will ever find out? It looks like we may have a bullying storyline with William and Denny. Denny is a real little git, he needs a good punch. Go on William smack him again.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The grammar of Enders suddenly feels very different. Take the build up to Whitney's hen night a couple of weeks ago -- in the past (i.e., anytime in the last twenty years), the expectation would have been that something dramatic was going to happen on the night: a revelation, an accident, an unexpected twist, something. Instead, it climaxed with a scene of some nice people having a nice time. It was ... nice, not dramatic, not exciting, not eventful, not even funny (as the equivalent scene might have been on Coronation Street or in Enders back in the 80s or 90s), just ... nice. Which is fair enough. It just might take me a little while to get used to the new approach.

Then I sat down at the weekend to watch last week's episodes on the iPlayer and dozed through the whole lot. Granted, I wasn't feeling that great so it's not really the show's fault, but I have to say I don't have a burning desire to go back and sit through the bits I missed -- and it's been many years since I've felt that way about Enders.

Cookiescholes

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Seems to be a back to basics approach @James from London I like bits of it but not others. I think the last producer was a bit fantastical at times which could b e why they are doing it.

last week Whitney lost the baby and Les and Pam left so if you missed those you might want to catch up but cant think fo anything else you need to see from last week.

Ps: why is my account not recognised? I just had to sign up again.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
last week Whitney lost the baby and Les and Pam left so if you missed those you might want to catch up but cant think fo anything else you need to see from last week.

Thanks!

why is my account not recognised? I just had to sign up again.

There was a big technical thing. Everyone had to do the same.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am finding EastEnders a refreshing change to the other big 2 soaps and so far I am liking the direction SOC is steering the ship, he has got a lot of mess to clear up left by DTC.

Tonight I couldn't stop smiling at Linda's knitting needles.

I wonder where they are going with the Dot storyline? very sad. I want Babes dressing gown. Lovely mention of Pauline again tonight. I like the idea of Pat's House being full of people again. A better episode than Tuesday.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The darts team scenes worked well, love the relationship/friendship between Linda and Sharon. I am wondering how they are going to write out Kellie Bright? I am also wondering how Danny Boy Hatchard is doing to leave. I wonder if Lee's depression will resurface?

Nice scenes with Dot and Patrick. Had to laugh at Donna offering Roxy her pickled egg. Steven is starting to feel worried.

Jay, Jay, Jay I had high hopes for you, sticking up for William and then what have you done, stealing from the Cokers. You bloody fool. :mad:

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure what to make of it all yet, but these undramatic duff duffs do make me laugh. Tuesday's episode ending with Kim vowing to never drive again was brilliant.

Cookiescholes

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of it all yet, but these undramatic duff duffs do make me laugh. Tuesday's episode ending with Kim vowing to never drive again was brilliant.
a transitional phase maybe? some characters had been involved in sensationalistic plots, maybe theyre hitting reset on them before focusing on more grounded drama? The endings remind me of the clips that used to be on youtube before the bbc took them down. I saw an ending with Pat and Pauline on the swings.

are you still hating it @James from London?

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Cookiescholes

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I hear the new producer wants to go back to saving the duff duffs for the more dramatic endings but is meeting resistance from above.
so do you think the bbc is to blame for the new direction, not the new guy? @James from London I am missing some drama but not the sort that almost ruins characters, like innocent Max going to prison did.

I never said I hated it, lol! I haven't watched any of this week's episodes yet.
You gave me good advice not to worry too much about twitter james and i havent since. My perception on a few characters has since changed for the better. Although I still prefer the interim Sam Mitchell.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
so do you think the bbc is to blame for the new direction, not the new guy?

No, the new direction is his idea, but he still doesn't have ultimate control. There are people like the head of BBC1 and the head of drama that he's answerable to. I know he wants Enders to have longer scenes, for instance, but so far he hasn't been able to get his own way about that.

I am missing some drama but not the sort that almost ruins characters, like innocent Max going to prison did.

Which character did you think was ruined by that story -- Max?

You gave me good advice not to worry too much about twitter james and i havent since.

Great!

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I know he wants Enders to have longer scenes, for instance, but so far he hasn't been able to get his own way about that.

That's interesting. Compared to the ITV soaps, the scenes in Enders are already at times quite lengthy.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hear the new producer wants to go back to saving the duff duffs for the more dramatic endings but is meeting resistance from above.

I never said I hated it, lol! I haven't watched any of this week's episodes yet.
Anything is better than the dross dished up by DTC, who was only interested in being the darling of social media. :mad:

The mess SOC has got to clean up is a bit like being in the elephant house at Twycross Zoo.