Netflix Elite - Season 4

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just finished watching season 4 and it was excellent as always but even more so this time around because of the way they moved the story on.

Season 3 finished brilliantly when the murderer was revealed and that storyline came to a conclusion. Half the characters left when they graduated from the school and half remained because they had to retake the year because they were wrapped up in a murder enquiry or had other personal problem.

The new series brought in a bunch of new characters, all fascinating with an interesting back story and there was another crime for which details were revealed slowly over 8 episodes. There was a shock season finale which both concluded the current storyline but could also be the beginning of a new storyline for season 5.

This is how TV should be. Instead of dragging out the same plot over several seasons until the show gets tired, they move the story on to keep it fresh.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There was also a willingness from the beginning to let actors go and coming. They started to film Season 5 right after 4 (March this year) and have announced two new cast members. That's something US shows who are set in a school always struggle with.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There was also a willingness from the beginning to let actors go and coming. They started to film Season 5 right after 4 (March this year) and have announced two new cast members. That's something US shows who are set in a school always struggle with.
This is the strength of the show. Having characters perpetually in school stretches credibility so instead of finding ways to keep the focus on the same cast, as so many other shows do, Elite's approach of ditching loads of them but keeping enough so it doesn't feel like an entirely new show worked really well. It also allows them to conclude storylines instead dragging out the same one until viewers get bored with it. As a fan of the show I wasn't at all disappointed with season 4, in fact every season has been top notch and it can't be easy to sustain that level of quality for so long.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have really enjoyed this show, sadly the guys in my school never looked like them,

I am currently on the third season.