Emmerdale Emmerdale

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It was and I think it was a wise move to give Faith such a story so soon after arrival

Honestly, I'm finding the Dingles too much right now, especially Debbie who I've always struggled with as a character, but Faith...? Faith is like a breath of fresh air to the Dingle clan. Right from her first episode I've loved everything about her and now with this new revelation, she's quickly becoming a favourite.

I only hope Chas finds out before she the actress goes on maternity leave.

Chas was certainly more forgiving of Shadrach
So this rage and unforgiveness is in part all about the drama between the two women to fit in with Faith's situation. I don't mind that as much and there has been a long gap between the characters last encounters.

emm1978

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I often wonder about Belle whenever she refers to her Granny Clegg. Why would she think of her mother's ex-husband's mother as her granny?

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I often wonder about Belle whenever she refers to her Granny Clegg. Why would she think of her mother's ex-husband's mother as her granny?

Affectionately? Like how Charity refers to Zak as 'Uncle Zak'.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, I'm finding the Dingles too much right now, especially Debbie who I've always struggled with as a character, but Faith...? Faith is like a breath of fresh air to the Dingle clan. Right from her first episode I've loved everything about her and now with this new revelation, she's quickly becoming a favourite.

I only hope Chas finds out before she the actress goes on maternity leave.

So this rage and unforgiveness is in part all about the drama between the two women to fit in with Faith's situation. I don't mind that as much and there has been a long gap between the characters last encounters.

Debbie, also has always bothered me, I thinks because she always looks like shes in a bad mood, too icy and nothing really redeeming about her either, she makes the same mistakes over and over,
Aaron is the same, I've never warmed to his character, except when he was a cheeky scally lad, its like he's in some permanent drama, I'm not sure if its supposed to keep the characters relevant but Debbie and Aaron do my head in.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I thinks because she always looks like shes in a bad mood, too icy
Yes, she makes a lot of scrunched up bitter expressions, I can't recall seeing her laugh or even smile. She needs to get drunk and let her hair down, something that doesn't involve scowling at everyone.

I've loved the scenes with Moira & Faith, I really hope they develop a great partnership between these two.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Monday & Tuesday's episodes are two of the best episodes I've seen in a British soap for many, many years.

I was on the edge of my seat thinking Rhona was going to run out during the examination, I'm also really thrilled that she acted so quickly.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Emmerdale has been poor for most of the week. Damn right silly, however I did think tonight's double bill was an improvement. I did enjoy the RobRon scenes. And now Aunty Moira has a bun in the oven. :)

Canon

LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's been pretty poor for the last several weeks. I think the Ashley story was covering up for a lot. For the first time in years there's little that interests me.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
For the first time in years there's little that interests me.
I've really struggled with it too and I haven't been watching that long. It's such a shame because I was really enjoying so much a few months ago.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It is as though the two northern soaps have swapped over with Corrie back on form and on top.

And that swap (and Emmerdale's down hill slide) seems to have coincided with Kate Oates leaving Emmerdale and joining Corrie. Is that a coincidence, or do producers really have that much influence over show quality?

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fortunately Lydia is on hand to save this show. A deeply sexual woman.

Canon

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Tim sounded very familiar, I wonder who the actor is.

emm1978

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I only just found out today that Nigel Mercier, son of Sheila Mercier, passed away on January 6th this year, at the age of 62, following a battle with cancer.

He worked for many years behind-the-scenes in the TV industry in various jobs, and spent the last few years of his life running a yachting club. RIP!!!
:(
ndm.jpg

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm struggling with Emmerdale lately, it's become the RobRon Show and its getting tiring.

Cain and Harriet, meh this pairing seems random, he'll go back to Moira by Xmas.

The show needs to clear house and reinvent itself again or better still bring Kate Oates back.

emm1978

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Talking of storylines dragging on... I heard the current pregnancy storylines is to last around nine months. :O

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Really enjoying Evil Emma serving it up to Arthur. He needs to learn a bit of discipline. Also, wasting the time of the ambulance crew was very poor form from the brat. That should come out of his pocket money.

On the up side, Laurel continues to look like the smouldering Sex Goddess Of The Dales that she is.