Enter New Alexis on 4/26/2019?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
With regards to this thread and the revelation the "New Alexis" will be unveiled on the 26 April. Are the writers telling me new Alexis will be introduced without a scar on her face just weeks from horrific burns? That's a stretch.

It's a masquerade ball. She'll likely still be scarred, maybe even disfigured. Knowing how she loves to party, Adam plays on that by encouraging her to attend in a mask and have some fun with no one the wiser. He will convince her that he has her back and will keep the public at bay. Then he will engineer some way of making sure her disguise fails (I envision him manipulating Fallon or Blake to pull off her mask), forcing a horrified (and tragic) Alexis to flee the mansion as everyone sees what has become of the first Mrs. Carrington. This might be the impetus to send her off-canvas until the new, healed Alexis arrives (I'm thinking in season three).

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actually there was a certain amount of "spoilage" courtesy of leaks to the tabloids.
And I did read all those articles (or as many as possible) but those upcoming events or actors never applied to the season I was watching (a year behind the US airings) so it didn't really register with me.
And some (or most?) of it never happened anyway.
I can honestly say that I've watched everything spoiler-free, in spite my attempts to learn as much as possible about what was going to happen next.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Throw a party to celebrate his widower status? That would be a little insensitive, don't you think?

Excellent point. Thank you for that bit of reassurance. Here's hoping that Steven makes a return somewhere down the line! I still hope we end up getting all 4 Carrington children in the same scene somehow (its all up to you, Season 3).

Frederique

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
As long as we don't have LG as Fallon & Alexis.

That would be a horrible idea! However, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually went through with this. I can already hear the producers think: "if it doesn't work out, we'll bring out the UFO & have one of them abducted by aliens".

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They jumped so many sharks they are flying 10 000 feet above earth. It's not Peach Dynasty anymore, it's Superdynasty. I expect ( and fear) anything that makes no sense...

I don't want two Liz Gillies. I don't want more screentime given to Liz Gillies. Hell no.

I would be perfectly ok with Amy Sutherland. When Joan Collins entered the show she was no star. She became one with Dynasty. She was just another english actress from theatre and horror movies. Let's give this Amy girl her chance?

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
You can't just keep sending Alexis into plastic surgery to change her face like Romana trying on new regenerations in that episode of Doctor Who

I love that you mention that! Made my day! Maybe they should do this:

Last edited:

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Who's the actress? I think I've seen her in something else...Onedin Line, perhaps?

It's Lalla Ward, who played the 2nd Romana in Who from 1979-81. Famously married to Tom Baker for about 18 months after a very ill-advised relationship, by all accounts. she still looks pretty good today. I don't think she was ever in The Onedin Line, but had been in the Hammer Horror 'Vampire Circus' film before Who.

Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only true "shockers" seemed to occur when the shows went to great trouble to keep a lid on the story
And it's possible this is what the producers are doing with regards to Alexis. There are some scenarios playing out here. Either Amy Sutherland has already been cast as Alexis. Highly unlikely given we know what she already looks like; thanks Amy. The producers have decided to relive the Krystle/Rita storyline by having Liz play the dual role of Alexis and Fallon. Or the producers have decided to seek far and wide for another actress. If this is the case they are playing their cards close to their chest because if that actress has already been selected to appear in this season she has been informed to keep her mouth shut.

Edit. Who has gone quiet in the Twitter/Instagram/Facebook Universe?

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I have the strange feeling that our speculations about this are more exciting than what they will actually come up with in the end.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If Sutherland had already been cast, they could then 'write backward' by saying that photo is of her, then explain she's someone Adam knew once upon a time (perhaps a partner in crime during his days as a drug thief at his hospital job, perhaps named Rita). Then, after a sufficient period of time, the Krystle/Rita thing could be played out when Rita comes to town ready to plot/scheme with Adam, only instead of impersonating Cristal, she can impersonate Alexis.

Alas, I think Sutherland was only hired because she had the same measurements/size/look of Nicollette Sheridan--a body double, if you will. She did, however, do a pretty good job as bandaged-up Alexis--I kept slipping into the frame of mind that it was actually NS in those bandages, so she did her job well.

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
If Sutherland had already been cast, they could then 'write backward' by saying that photo is of her, then explain she's someone Adam knew once upon a time (perhaps a partner in crime during his days as a drug thief at his hospital job, perhaps named Rita). Then, after a sufficient period of time, the Krystle/Rita thing could be played out when Rita comes to town ready to plot/scheme with Adam, only instead of impersonating Cristal, she can impersonate Alexis.

Any chance you could please become the show's new head writer? I love that idea! :spinning:

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of course it's possible that the nurse gave a slightly surprised look simply because the person in the picture wasn't Nicolette Sheridan (or her younger version).
At this point I don't think Adam wants to punish Alexis even more, I even believe that he wants his family back, it's just that mother needs to work on her maternity skills.
But Cristal is not family, she's an outsider - maybe Adam considers her an obstacle.
What if Alexis is going to be Cristal's look-alike, it wouldn't be more ridiculous than being Fallon.
But if Cristal/Alexis is going to be Blake's wife again then they'd have to get rif of the real Cristal...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)