Enter New Alexis on 4/26/2019?

Frederique

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I just found the following scoop (synopsis for episode 2.18)!!

BEHIND THE MASK - Romantic issues surface between Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Liam (guest star Adam Huber) when she uses a public misconception to try and boost pre-sales of his soon to be released book. Meanwhile, when Sam (Rafael De La Fuente) plans a masquerade ball to roll out his new identity as a single man, Adam uses it as an opportunity to unveil the "new" Alexis to the family. Grant Show, Robert Christopher Riley, Maddison Brown and Alan Dale also star. The episode was written by Josh Reims and Aubrey Villalobos Karr and directed by Jeff Byrd (#218). Original airdate 4/26/2019.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...NASTY-on-THE-CW-Friday-April-26-2019-20190405

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I just found the following scoop (synopsis for episode 2.18)!!

BEHIND THE MASK - Romantic issues surface between Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Liam (guest star Adam Huber) when she uses a public misconception to try and boost pre-sales of his soon to be released book. Meanwhile, when Sam (Rafael De La Fuente) plans a masquerade ball to roll out his new identity as a single man, Adam uses it as an opportunity to unveil the "new" Alexis to the family. Grant Show, Robert Christopher Riley, Maddison Brown and Alan Dale also star. The episode was written by Josh Reims and Aubrey Villalobos Karr and directed by Jeff Byrd (#218). Original airdate 4/26/2019.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...NASTY-on-THE-CW-Friday-April-26-2019-20190405

Hmmm. Really wondering now whether it is Liz Gillies in a dual role...:eek: :fp:

Frederique

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
The actress playing “burned Alexis”, Amy Sutherland, posted the following picture on Instagram.
Reading her posts & comments, she sure likes to make it look like she’s been cast as Nicollette’s official successor.
However, I don’t think that’s really the case. There have been no announcements by the CW or any of the producers & on IMDB she’s listed as “burned Alexis” up until episode 2.17. Nothing after that.

Attachments

• BAB2F197-8C36-4EF2-BBC3-34615BC1898F.jpeg
    BAB2F197-8C36-4EF2-BBC3-34615BC1898F.jpeg
    565 KB · Views: 306

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
The actress playing “burned Alexis”, Amy Sutherland, posted the following picture on Instagram.
Reading her posts & comments, she sure likes to make it look like she’s been cast as Nicollette’s official successor.
However, I don’t think that’s really the case. There have been no announcements by the CW or any of the producers & on IMDB she’s listed as “burned Alexis” up until episode 2.17. Nothing after that.

She was in that outfit in the last episode which was the first in the hospital just after NS left. She is in the next episode (i.e. just after we saw Alexis wheeled off for her surgery...) and has hinted on her own social media that she isn't allowed to say anything else, which could be interpreted either way.

I think she is about 35. Which would be weird given Fallon, Steven & Adam range about 27 to 32 or so (I think) - even though there was talk of 'shaving off a few years'. She looks great though. I've no idea of her acting chops however.

As long as we don't have LG as Fallon & Alexis. The show managed to pretty much keep Adam being unspoilered so they could do the same for Alexis' new face I guess.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
As long as we don't have LG as Fallon & Alexis.

Disagreed. As a huge fan of the Rita/Krystle-storyline (because Linda played them both) I think i would absolutely love it, if Liz Gillies plays Alexis as well! Go for it, CW! :danc:

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
However, I don’t think that’s really the case. There have been no announcements by the CW or any of the producers & on IMDB she’s listed as “burned Alexis” up until episode 2.17.
Was that something that they had to do, I mean listing her role in the show? Who updates these profiles? The actors themselves?
The show managed to pretty much keep Adam being unspoilered so they could do the same for Alexis' new face I guess.
I really hope so. I like to think that they are feeding us misleading information (the Fallon reference, the casting on IMDB).
Another thing that baffles me: why did NS have to announce her departure? You'd think they have learnt something from the Natalie Kelley debacle.
When we watched the classic soaps we never knew who was going to leave or return. Why all these public statements? NS could have explained her reason afterwards if she wanted to.
Is it because of the social media, because everyone "needs" to know what they are doing yesterday, today and tomorrow?

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
She was in that outfit in the last episode which was the first in the hospital just after NS left. She is in the next episode (i.e. just after we saw Alexis wheeled off for her surgery...) and has hinted on her own social media that she isn't allowed to say anything else, which could be interpreted either way.

I think she is about 35. Which would be weird given Fallon, Steven & Adam range about 27 to 32 or so (I think) - even though there was talk of 'shaving off a few years'. She looks great though. I've no idea of her acting chops however.

As long as we don't have LG as Fallon & Alexis. The show managed to pretty much keep Adam being unspoilered so they could do the same for Alexis' new face I guess.

Here is a link to some samples of her work:
https://www.backstage.com/u/AmySutherland/media/videos

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score

Thanks! I'm now going to be a little disappointed if it isn't her! She does seem to be able to do older and has a good range. Going down the skin grafts and cosmetic route is still going to require similar mannerisms to NS you'd think - perhaps trickier than if they'd shipped Alexis off to prison charged with MJ's murder then released - and I think she could do it.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
. The show managed to pretty much keep Adam being unspoilered so they could do the same for Alexis' new face I guess.

It is pretty easy for this show to not have any spoilers leak, since nobody is really paying much attention to it in the mainstream media and certainly no viewers. :D

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sam plans a masquerade ball to roll out his new identity as a single man

I'm honestly more concerned about this part than about any new Alexis, believe it or not. I hope this just means Steven and Sam got divorced... and that Steven's not dead. :(

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is it because of the social media, because everyone "needs" to know what they are doing yesterday, today and tomorrow?
I agree with you Willie. Social Media with its far reaching tentacles is often ruining the experience of viewing certain series and often the actors themselves are to blame by releasing information. I put this down to actors inflating their own egos by giving their followers an "Exclusive."

I suspect in the old days there was a gentlemen's agreement between actors, producers and writers to keep everything quiet and allow the viewers to enjoy the ride. The only series today which seems to follow this principle is Game of Thrones. But for everything else it appears the networks want everyone to know what's happening to drum up interest. This however can have the opposite effect.

With regards to this thread and the revelation the "New Alexis" will be unveiled on the 26 April. Are the writers telling me new Alexis will be introduced without a scar on her face just weeks from horrific burns? That's a stretch.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I put this down to actors inflating their own egos by giving their followers an "Exclusive."
But that could be easily prevented by the network. A simple clause in their contract that states that work-related developments should not be posted on the internet. Actually, this is becoming common practice these days so I don't see why it shouldn't/can't apply to the entertainment industry.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As @Michael Torrance said, it might be easier to stretch the truth a bit when there isn't a lot of press coverage that will call her out for the exaggeration. I don't blame her for wanting to play along, esp. with photo accompaniments like that one. As a writer at TVLine suggested, the show might be having a few too many laughs at Alexis's expense, but I doubt this actress is saying/doing anything that the producers aren't OK with. I mean, if they are supposedly considering her for a permanent recast, she certainly will not do anything Nathalie Kelley-esque in social media to screw up her chances. Her stuff seems more like producer-sanctioned misinformation.

I think i would absolutely love it, if Liz Gillies plays Alexis as well!

This is the sort of thing that might be funny as a last-second plot twist in an episode of something like Twilight Zone or a short-term "dream season" type of nightmare, but is not the kind of permanent change that can be maintained over time. It would simply undermine every scene Liz Gillies was in from then forward. This is why I highly doubt they'd try it. Once you make that serious of a change, it's pretty much set in stone and cannot be easily undone once the crush of criticism comes down on them. Think of it like the "Pam's Dream" plot twist on Dallas, where the decision to use that twist STILL makes them a laughing stock after all these years. You can't just keep sending Alexis into plastic surgery to change her face like Romana trying on new regenerations in that episode of Doctor Who.

When we watched the classic soaps we never knew who was going to leave or return. Why all these public statements? NS could have explained her reason afterwards if she wanted to.

Actually there was a certain amount of "spoilage" courtesy of leaks to the tabloids. Not only would they announce the departure(s) or arrival(s) of actors, they would often have the tabs leak plot info to help the shows in contract negotiations with the actors. People can drag the tabloids all they want, but I recall they had an excellent network of leakers in the production suites and spies on the sets to provide all the gossip and spoilers we could want. The only true "shockers" seemed to occur when the shows went to great trouble to keep a lid on the story--like filming multiple endings and not giving actors complete scripts. I'm guessing the Atlanta filming locale had something to do with NS's decision to announce her departure, since people would be seeing her in LA and wonder why she isn't at work. Since Nathalie Kelley had already left Atlanta for Australia (and the show had finished filming), OG Cristal's fate would have been much easier to keep secret since she had no real reason to be in Atlanta.