Emmerdale Episode Discussion

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
OMG, Maya is back - pregnant!!! :eek: Who is the father? Jacob or David? Early prison release on the condition that she doesn't see Jacob. But how long will that last?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did David and Leyla finally get through to Jacob? I've wanted to smack that guy for ages. He's been a stereotypical moody teenager with his "I know best, I am the only normal person and the rest of you are just selfish jerks"-routine.
So he gets his act together (hopefully), and when will everyone find out that Maya is having a baby?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hope it's Jacob, so that he MUST grow up and stop being a sulky teenager.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Emmerdale has been pretty dull over the Christmas period, but what has saved it, is the acting which is head and shoulders above it's sister soap Coronation Street.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I still think it's Jacob's kid. Someone mixed with the test result. Why else pair Liam & Layla soooo close after his almost wedding to Bernice?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cain shot Nate thinking he as a rustler. I'd call that poetic justice after what Nate has done.
Pierce's obsession with Rhona feels a bit too much. Why go all the way crazy?
I'm not excited about Vanessa's bowel cancer storyline. Cancer storylines on soaps tend to be boring when you know that the character will survive. I prefer less common illnesses because we all know about cancer already. We don't really need to learn more about it through a soap. And that's usually how soaps treat cancer storylines, as a way to both have drama and to educate the audience. I know plenty enough about cancer, I'd rather learn about less heard of illnesses.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see Kelly return

or Tina would be good too.

Has Scott ever returned ? I remember Ben Freeman getting suspended and then refusing to come back after he was acquitted. Scott was a great character and it would be great to see him and Kelly return.

I’d love to see Scott return as well, plus as Ben Freeman has no interest in returning you could recast him.

Personally I would like it if Emmerdale focused on the older families, they are after all part of the shows history, and to be honest I don’t think much of the new characters quite frankly

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought it was going to be Tina. Will it be the same actress?

It’s been confirmed that the returnee will be Faith Dingle.

If Tina did return they’d probably recast her at this point, she left the show 24 years ago, I think it’ll be weird having her back now, but interesting too.

What she been up to all these years? Has she ever met Belle offscreen? Is she married with children?

I think her return story could be that she has stayed away all these years because of the guilt she has in her part in Luke MacCallister’s death in 1995

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I started watching this mid-December and I'm still trying to connect some characters. One thing that's throwing me is the cafe where Jamie is working? Who owns that and is this different to David's shop that turned into a cafe as well as the cafe Bob works in?

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like Faith, but what a massive let down. I was really geared up for a 90s Dingle returning, or even a Scott Windsor recast.

Same.

I think there are enough Dingle’s to be honest, and need to be rested for a while.

I think it’s high time Emmerdale brought back a few older characters; Scott and Kelly would be a good start, as well as Carly and Jamie, it’s been a while since Bob has been in featured properly so having his children and stepchildren around would bring him back to the centre again.