Eurovision Song Contest

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actually I do think it's partly political as far as the UK is concerned. I mean the Swedish singer who competed for us this year was also the song writer of the British entry and his two songs came first and last according to the jury votes. I find that rather strange even if I consider the Swedish song to be better than the UK one I don't think there should have been that big of a difference.

Anyway congratulations to our members from the Netherlands on your win. I think it's fun that your country got to win after so many years! :)

Thanks @Karin Schill, finally we won after so many years, we really need a updated winning song. ;)

And I agree, Sweden had a much beter song then the UK, i don't know what is was with the UK for this year, but it sounded like a bad song that didn't make the charts at all.

K

Karin Schill

Incidentally, the version that is now on Madonna's channel has been sweetened and sounds very good indeed compared with the original performance. ;)

That is hilarious. I hadn't noticed that before.:giggle:
I am a fan too. But her performance really was far from what I had expected. It was disappointing. :(

Of course I was lucky enough to see this performance of "Like a Prayer" live:

It was magical. :danc: I wish she'd gone for having more contact with the audience in her Eurovision performance. It would have served her better.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That is hilarious. I hadn't noticed that before.:giggle:
I am a fan too. But her performance really was far from what I had expected. It was disappointing. :(.

Madonna's performance Saturday was really disappointing to me too, i was expecting something more then false notes. :(

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I've seen Madonna live and although I really do like her, she kept her fans waiting in the rain in Dublin for over an hour, AFTER the support act finished. That was when my feelings towards her started to change.

She never has had a great voice, it's always been more about the show. And I fear Saturday was more about making a political statement than anything else.