And

Richard Channing

as Senator Claire Rosemont

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Richard and Emma walk out of the Catholic Church in Tuscany out into the bright autumn sun. The priest shakes Richard’s hand and says, “Another great sermon, Father Chris,” with a sarcastic grin.

“Thank you Uncle Richard. Anytime I look out and see you still awake I know I must be on the right track. Did you get a hold of Kevin? How’s he doing?”

“Spoke to him yesterday. He’s in Rome negotiating trade agreements.”

“He certainly has an interesting life.”

Emma says, “It’s so cool how Richard has him on the television when we talk. It’s like being in the same room.”

“Of yes it would be.”

“He completely forgot it was his birthday. He never forgets Maggie’s birthday but forgets his own. He’s looking forward to your trip to Rome. We’ll send a care package with you.”

“Emma doesn’t realize you can get anything anywhere nowadays,” Richard laughs.”

“I do too. It’s just nice to get a care package. We’ll see you at dinner Chris.” The two walk down and let others out of the church.

Chris hugs the pretty blonde in the super short sun dress. “Angie. I’m so good to see you. Staying put for a while?”

“You never know.”

He shakes the told, blonde man’s hand next. “Mikie. I hear congratulations are in order.”

“Thank you.”

“Looking forward to weekly up dates.”

“Your way of getting me here every Sunday.”

“You got it.”

The two follow their parents down into the court yard in front of the church.

Cars pull up the long driveway of Falcon Crest. Out front, around the pool Richard and Emma relax as people arrive. Emma tells An-li how beautiful the table looks.

“Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.” An-li pours her tea.

Angela and Michael arrive with Dia. The brothers hug. They watch a handsome young Hispanic boy get out of a red Ferrari and make his way up. “Loren.” Angie runs up and hugs him, jumping in his arms. “Look it everyone. Loren is here.”

Emma says, “Why didn’t you tell us you were coming? Is it just you? Is Lisa with you?”

“No it’s just me. This is a friend of mine, Josie Rosemont. I believe you know her mother.”

“Senator Rosemont,” Richard says. “Of course. And I knew your grandfather. Welcome. How did the two of you meet.”

“Thank you,” the young black girl says. “My friends dragged me to a polo game in LA.”

Emma says, “Lance tells us he’s a super star in Argentina.”

“I believe it. They were in LA with us and then went on to Hawaii.”

Emma laughs. “Those two never sit still. And your grandfather.”

“Hidden away in the mountains of Argentina still.”

“I thought I’d visit my grandmother while I’m in California.”

“What a great idea. Richard and I will go with you. And your Uncle Christopher is here.” Emma points out the father as he makes his way over.

Loren and Chris hug and he introduces Josie.

Richard says, “You’ll me staying here as well, Josie?”

Loren says, “Actually, my father gave me the keys to the old Gioberti where he’d been living.”

Emma says, “That’s been closed up for ever. Do you remember living there as a kid? Your father bought it off of our cousin Cole. I think you were five when he moved to be near Tony, right after mother died.”

Angie asks, “Are you staying a while then?”

“We’ll see.”

With another car driving up the driveway Loren says, “I hope you don’t mind. I invited Josie’s mother.”

Richard looks puzzled.

Emma says, “No of course not. The more family the better. Of Richard won’t this be so nice to have Loren living here? Now if Lance and Pilar would return home, and Lisa would come with them. Then Kevin would come home. Everyone would be back here. Oh my mother would be beside herself. Coming up with some scheme for who would be worthy to inherit Falcon Crest.”

“Oh Emma. There’s not going to be any scheming.”

“Well you never know, is all I’m saying. You never know.”

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Angela shows Loren the winery. “So I’m unclear. You make the wine?”

“Me personally? No. But it’s mine.”

“Minus the ten percent my father gave me.”

“He gave you to manage.”

“So Grandma left you ninety percent of Falcon Crest and the house to Uncle Richard?”

“The rest she put into trust for all of grandchildren.”

“Why’d she leave you Falcon Crest?”

“I earned it.” Angela smiles “Well, Uncle Richard didn’t want it. Neither did Lance.”

“My father I get. He said it’s a terrible burden. But Uncle Richard’s running a giant business.”

“Uncle Richard has people who run Sumer Carrington for him. Starting with An-li.”

“The butler?”

“Don’t be fooled because he pours the tea. An-li runs Sumer Carrington. Our uncle might be the Seer of ‘Cisco but it’s An-li who runs the company now. Uncle Richards more a legion.”

“I always heard that about Anglea Channing, being a legion.”

“Which one?”

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Richard walks with Claire into the gardens of Falcon Crest. “You’ve got an absolutely lovely home here, Richard. Thank you for making my daughter feel welcome.”

“Of course. Do you know the nature of her relationship with Loren? He introduced her as his friend.”

“As far as I know they are just friends.”

“And they only recently meet and he’s brining her around his family. A family he hasn’t been around since he was a young kid.”

“Does seem odd.”

“And he invites her mother for dinner with that family as well, with no heads up he’s showing let alone bringing two guests.”

“I was just in San Fransisco when Josie called.”

“Still odd, wouldn’t you say?”

“I suppose. I would have at least expected he’d have called you first.”

Richard stops and turns toward her. “And to all this, you’re a Rosemont.”

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dia says to An-li, “Why is Loren here?”

“I don’t know. But I’ll soon find out.”

Michael steps up to the two of them and says, “Why is Loren here? And why’s he brining these friends with him?”

“I just told Dia, I do not know. But I intend to find out.”

The three look on at Emma playing checkers with Josie.

Last edited: