• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Fallon/Randal

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
That's all so ... strange. Some days ago it felt like the forum was just gone for a few days.. and then it suddenly returned, as if nothing happened. But something DID happen and everything was so different.
What did they do to us?!?! :yikey:

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Why am I in a Victorian melodrama and loving it?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Do you remember the tile of that melodrama?
I think I do... It's there in my mind. Sometimes it comes in flashes, sometimes in half remembered dreams. It's there. It's coming to me... I can feel it! No. No.... No it's gone. I cant remember.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think I do... It's there in my mind. Sometimes it comes in flashes, sometimes in half remembered dreams. It's there. It's coming to me... I can feel it! No. No.... No it's gone. I cant remember.

Did it smell of cinnamon? Or of nutella on a warm crepe?

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Everything about the Fallon recast and the Colbys was so poorly done that it is, literally, mind numbing....

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Everything about the Fallon recast and the Colbys was so poorly done that it is, literally, mind numbing....

I think direction on THE COLBYS and sense of setting and ambiance were far better than on DYNASTY in these seasons. But the writing was so terrible in season 1, that...well, one of the cast members already said it better than I could have.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That would have been the perfect explanation. There was really no reason for anybody else not to recognize Fallon... although maybe at first, they weren't ready to believe it actually *was* her: "Yes, this girl does bear a striking resemblance, but we don't know for certain that it actually IS Fallon!"

Perhaps a DNA test is done (Monica lets Randall borrow a hairbrush, and then takes some of the extra hairs in) that confirms her true identity?

Were DNA tests available in 1985?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Were DNA tests available in 1985?

It was first used in a criminal case in 1987, with the DNA profiling that went into it developed in 1985. So yes, they were available in 1985, but a lot of people doubted their legitimacy and weren't widely available like today.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As for the comment about Alexis and Sable, and Fallon... To be honest, I don’t have a problem with that. I have a wealthy first cousin in the same county and I don’t know all of her children (double figures), some are millionaires. I know just four of her 34 grandchildren (35 is on the way) and none of her eight great-grandchildren and I’ve only ever visited her once (and that was this year) since The Colbys started. I’ve seen her 14 times since then. One of her 14 siblings passed away and they didn’t tell us until after the funeral, despite some of my immediate family having lived with the deceased person in the past. All those first cousins, first cousins once removed, first cousins twice removed and first cousins thrice removed that I’m making a great saving in present money on. I’ve got over 100 first cousins and wouldn’t know most of them if they passed me in the street. I’ve met about 11. And 10 of those are within two counties. Even when some of us are on the radio, on tv, newspapers, in ad campaigns or have a link to a murder story on the national news, it doesn’t mean that we notice. We even turn up at the same funerals and don’t know each other. Although we both keep in touch with the cousins in the county next door.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As for the comment about Alexis and Sable, and Fallon... To be honest, I don’t have a problem with that. I have a wealthy first cousin in the same county and I don’t know all of her children (double figures), some are millionaires.

Was one of the cousin's daughters you don't know on national TV pleading about her kidnapped son?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Was one of the cousin's daughters you don't know on national TV pleading about her kidnapped son?
And basically just tabloid fodder as a jet set party girl, much like her mother.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Alexis claimed the Denver D.A. said Roger died in prison two months before Blake's murder trial
This I know for sure she did.
Roger Grimes died years later in a hospital (with Alexis visiting him)
Do you know which season/episode that was?
I ask because that is also info that's rattling around somewhere in my skull, just that I can't recall where it came from: did I actually learn this from an episode of Dynasty or did I read something (false?) online and tucked it away.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Do you know which season/episode that was?
I ask because that is also info that's rattling around somewhere in my skull, just that I can't recall where it came from: did I actually learn this from an episode of Dynasty or did I read something (false?) online and tuck it away.
I have no memory of Alexis saying she visited Roger in hospital as he died. Although I'm willing to be wrong.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As for the comment about Alexis and Sable, and Fallon... To be honest, I don’t have a problem with that. I have a wealthy first cousin in the same county and I don’t know all of her children
Neither do I have a problem with Sable not recognising Fallon:

1. My father was the oldest of 14 children, all full siblings. Most of the siblings were born in a different country; dad & 3 brothers were raised by an uncle from when dad was 16. I only knew 2 of these 3 brothers plus dad's youngest sibling who visited us from abroad. While I know by sight and name my first cousins from 2 of dad's siblings, I wouldn't know any of the rest of the paternal side families from Adam or Eve. I'm told I'd met some of them as an 18-month-old baby but, heh, what do I remember. Basically I never had a desire to learn about them.

2. The Colbys existed in a universe different from Dynasty; with differences in the backstory alongside the 'sameness'. Why would everything and anything that might have been newsworthy about the Carringtons of Dynasty necessarily show up in The Colbys's universe? Part of Sable of The Colbys' backstory was that she stayed with her mum in England when her parents split and her dad came to America. She only once mentions Alexis, and not favourably; that's when she speaks to Miles after learning Fallon is heading home to Denver. Sable's relationship with Alexis is a virtual blank slate on The Colbys. From her words to Miles, isn't it possible Sable had kept her distance from Alexis? Possibly for a very long time. I can easily envisage how she might know who her cousin is married to but not know anything at all about her family, including children.