• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Favorite Scented Candles

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Root Candles makes a scent called Blackberry Mango that I like. I am not generally a 'candle person' but I received several of their products in a gift basket someone gave me. I put the Blackberry Mango candle (un-lit, obviously :cool1) in my linen closet to give the towels a nice, soft scent.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I prefer fresh scents, like cotton or fresh linen. Brand doesn't matter one bit.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like a good Yankee candle. This is my Christmas stash. I also have a few big jars around the house in use at the minute too.

I have a stash of yankee candles also I always liked Yankee, however, I am finding now that when I burn them certain aggravate my allergies. I have a lemon jar candle that to me doesn’t even smell like lemon and makes my nose itch. So I have shelved it.

I’m in the process of switching candles to different brands like scentsational and sand & fog. I don’t know where you are located but if you go to stores like homegoods tjmaxx and Marshall’s you can get yankecandles at a good price ($12.99 or $14.99 for a large jar)compared to almost $30 elsewhere.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I usually get baking type scents like vanilla or sugar cookie. For Christmas one of my friends got me a scent called "winter" which I am really liking--even though more "earthy" than "baking."

I usually buy Yankee brand because they last forever.

Those are warm and cozy. Yankee does last yes especially the large jars.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I prefer Yankee candles too, especially Sun & Sand, Autumn Leaves and Clean Cotton. They have an on-line sale right now with some big reductions.

When they have sales it’s great. Otherwise it’s expensive. See my response to Alexis. You can get tgem cheaper all the time.

Banana Hammock

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My favourite is Yankee Vanilla & Lime. When you're in the store, who can walk past the display of Yankee jars, without unscrewing the lid and having a sniff ?! I bought a chocolatey one once that smelled horrid in store, but it was reduced in price so I bought it anyway. It actually had a lovely smell when burning. Didn't half make me hungry though.

I bought one of those football shaped easymelt cup things, in a January sale, about 5 yrs ago. I thought it would be good for using up the wax from the bottom of the jars. I still haven't taken it out of the box.:oops:
What do you do with the empty glass jars? It seems a shame to throw them in the recycling bin, given the price of them, and they look nice.

I tend to use the Yankee vanilla lime plugin versions nowadays.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Im not a fan of scented candles and they are one of the biggest risks to setting your house on fire, used to be chip pans but Fire Brigade now called out to more incidents involving candles.

Ive always been "scared" of flames and fire so i leave well alone and if i get a present of candles it goes to someone else lol

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I recall being invited to the Birthday party a work colleague was throwing for his husband. I knew nothing about what the husband liked but knew I had to bring something, so I bought a set of pillar candles. The day before the party I heard my friend comment about how his husband was "not one of those scented candle people," so I had to scramble for another gift idea and kept the candles for myself...even though I'm not particularly a 'candle person' myself. (He got a set of wine glasses instead--since I knew both of them drank like fish).
Does anyone have that one from Gwyneth Paltrow?
I know for certain that's one scented candle he would never like.

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I prefer fresh scents, like cotton or fresh linen. Brand doesn't matter one bit.

Ditto -- prompting a friend to once comment that my home smells like the inside of a dryer. I'm not sure it was meant as a compliment, but I took it as one.

Around Xmas, I'll use pine scented candles and, sometimes, in evenings I'll light up up a lavender/vanilla candle.