• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Favourite Fruit

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
As recommended by The World Health Organisation we are encouraged to eat 5 a day, of either fruit or vegetables.

Some days I eat more than 5 portions and other days maybe just one so I assume it eventually all evens out.

I love strawberries, grapes, mango, kiwi and melon, but my favourite fruit is the humble apple (preferably braeburn)

Do you have a favourite fruit which you can’t live without?

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My favourite fruit would be a banana but I would not be suicidal if I did not have one. I prefer other things like sex, beer and fighting.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Apricot, Peach, Pear, Cherries and Raspberries are my favourites.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kiwi, but it's unpredictable ripening process makes it very difficult to pick the best moment to eat it.
It takes the kiwi forever to become sweet enough and balance out its sourness, but it can become too sweet and therefore revoltingly overripe in less than 24 hours.
I buy them every week, and every week it's a true battle between me and the kiwi. The usual score is 50/50.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. I’m fond of Sable grapes, Candy Hearts Grapes and muscat grape thingies. Bananas and oranges used to put me in hospital with severe breathing problems, although they don’t now. Apples still do, the dastards. Although Apple pies don’t.

I’ve met several members of the cast of Carry On Doctor, including Frankie Howerd and Anita Harris.

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As recommended by The World Health Organisation we are encouraged to eat 5 a day, of either fruit or vegetables.

Some days I eat more than 5 portions and other days maybe just one so I assume it eventually all evens out.
5 portions a day is a daily minimum. A lower consumption amount is potentially a greater risk of nutrient deficiencies, digestive issues, weight gain, disease risk and cardiovascular issues that include death. 5-9 portions is the recommended daily amount mentioned in the literature I get and the meetings I attend (most recently last Thursday). At least 400g. A portion size is 80g. A portion of fruit is about the size as a fist without gloves and a portion of fruit is about the size of a palm without silver. Unless your hands don’t fit. The NHS have recommended 10 portions a day (800g) for lower risk. But I don’t want to worry you!

Last edited:

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Can easily eat 5 portions of fruit a day

Today had nectarine, grapes, red and green, a plum, banana and cherries.

Also love strawberries, blackberries and pineapple

Like satsumas but only if they are juicy and no pips

Also cut fruit to eat as aged 11 I said to my aunt that was the nicest peach as I have ever eaten and as i took my second last bite there was a worm crawling round the stone!!

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I love ❤️

Strawberries
Peach
Grapes
Raspberries
Oranges
Tangerine
Kiwi
McIntosh Apples

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My favorite fruit are: Apples, Pears, Grapes, Oranges, Strawberries, Banana and Melon, I eat easy 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. :)

upload_2019-9-1_19-48-44.jpeg
upload_2019-9-1_19-50-0.jpeg

upload_2019-9-1_19-50-33.jpeg