Days of Our Lives Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey Fired

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No loss with any of them leaving, really. Nicole is another character that can go as she just seems to hang around with no real purpose.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's absurd to think he's lasted 12+ years now.

I never understood why he lasted beyond his relationship with Sami. I guess he was such a nice guy no one wanted to fire him. He taped his last episode yesterday. I think Freddie did too. And I think Chandler tapes his last episode Monday.

Supposedly Casey Moss' last airdate is next week.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One thing DAYS has going for it, perhaps more than any other soap, is fierce fan loyalty. I mean, Y&R has seen their ratings almost halved in the past decade. DAYS is also the only remaining soap that has dipped into the supernatural, unless you count Brooke Logan's ability to enchant every man in Los Angeles :p

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's also historically different for any soap scribe to write a "happy" couple, so that doesn't help matters where WilSon is concerned. Just be very, very concerned, if we get Carrie and Austin 3.0. No one wants to see that.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
*difficult, not different. Freudian slip, I guess.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only couple I can think of that managed to stay interesting and exciting after they got married (without the divorce/remarry merry-go-round) are Sky and Raven on The Edge of Night. They became daytime's version of Hart to Hart, a rich couple running around solving mysteries and being romantic without being syrupy-sweet.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, Y&R has seen their ratings almost halved in the past decade.
Recently while recuperating from surgery I attempted to watch Y&R. Just awful. Boring repetitive stories and to my amazement long term characters had been recast. I had to google who the hell half the people were. I'm not sure why daytime soaps continue with the recast option. It reeks of desperation and laziness. If I created a soap I'd stick with the core characters and if any actor hinted at a pay rise or wished to move on I'd be ruthless and kill off the character.

It was the same thing with a recent watch of B&B. Apart from Brooke (I've always had a secret crush on Katherine Kelly Lang) this series is dire compared to the old days. The young actors cannot hold a candle to those from yesteryear. From one day to the next it was the same repetitive scene.

American soaps are on life support unless someone with radical ideas steps in and shakes things up a bit.