Friday the 13th: The Series......any fans?

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
Medals
I only know the horror movies from Friday the 13th, but never seen a tv-show from it.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
hell yeah i have the entire series on dvd the tv series is so worth watching and it really breaks my heart that it got cancelled too soon cause had it lasted longer the show would have ended with Jason's Mask

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Medals
I do remember watching this when it was on and it was pretty good. It had a shop with I think a brother and sister and their father or uncle investigating artifacts. This is all if I am remembering correctly.
I also would watch another show called monsters that was a monster of the week premise. I think I saw both of these on amazon with monsters a prime video.

darkshadows38

Reaction score
Medals
yes that was the plot of the show and one of the actors who was on it who played Ryan he was on seasons 1 and 2 and left i think it was during the finale of season 2 or in The season 3 Premiere anyways he was in Jason Goes to Hell he was the lead and he's a pretty good actor as well. the show is worth buying the show was cancelled cause they did some Controversy episodes and there was one this is the episode that got The Episode Hate on Your Dial and it was canceled cause of this episode from what i understand, in fact they only did 20 episodes that season cause though they aired the already filmed episodes they never got a chance to finish it cause it was cancelled,

what also hurt the show was the timeslot had such an awful timeslot which i think was around dinner time when after you see that episode you can see why the religious nuts went crazy. not that i think everyone who is religious is nuts i don't but most of them are normal people it's just when you take things to far is when i have a problem with them. forcing you to believe what they believe pretty much or try to anyways those are the ones that drive me nuts, kinda like that dumb bitch who was against Married with Children there's an episode called Her Cups Runneth Over" which is just about Al going shopping for a bra for his wife at a women's shop some house wife was offended by it and complained to the station about it and those are the types i'm talking about when that episode is nothing nothing compared to other episodes for example.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
There used to be a computer game of this in the early 80's. It looks so bad now but it was absolutely fekin brilliant as a kid and so scary. Jason turned into other people so you never knew when you were going to be knifed!

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Medals
yes that was the plot of the show and one of the actors who was on it who played Ryan he was on seasons 1 and 2 and left i think it was during the finale of season 2 or in The season 3 Premiere anyways he was in Jason Goes to Hell he was the lead and he's a pretty good actor as well. the show is worth buying the show was cancelled cause they did some Controversy episodes and there was one this is the episode that got The Episode Hate on Your Dial and it was canceled cause of this episode from what i understand, in fact they only did 20 episodes that season cause though they aired the already filmed episodes they never got a chance to finish it cause it was cancelled,

what also hurt the show was the timeslot had such an awful timeslot which i think was around dinner time when after you see that episode you can see why the religious nuts went crazy. not that i think everyone who is religious is nuts i don't but most of them are normal people it's just when you take things to far is when i have a problem with them. forcing you to believe what they believe pretty much or try to anyways those are the ones that drive me nuts, kinda like that dumb bitch who was against Married with Children there's an episode called Her Cups Runneth Over" which is just about Al going shopping for a bra for his wife at a women's shop some house wife was offended by it and complained to the station about it and those are the types i'm talking about when that episode is nothing nothing compared to other episodes for example.
I seem to recall Friday the 13th the series aired on the weekends like Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I would so check it out again. I will keep my eyes peeled on Amazon.

darkshadows38

Reaction score
Medals
i dunno about the game for PC but i have the NES one which is pretty bad and freaking confusing as hell too the game to quote the AVGN the game is ASS. he he
the recent game from a year or two ago i have not played because if ya want to beat him in any ways you have to play multilpayer and i know the minute i try it i'm gonna have some 10 year old kid cussing me out on how bad i am at it and well they'd be right and some people play 16 hrs a day and i wish i was joking or maybe not 1 6 hrs a day but it might as well be 16 hrs a day.

my point is it's harder to beat Jason if you play it single player cause if you survive long enough you could get help and then kill Jason together rather than if you play as a single player. anyways the game i think looks good though but i've heard people say on how bad the graphics are etc.. anyways, as for the show i don't honestly remember it even being on at all the 1st time i ever watched it was when sci-fi Channel aired it back in the day and i fell in love with it. it breaks my heart they never went back to the show and it's a bit to late since we lost both Lewis who has since died in real life, R.G. Armstrong i think his name is and than there's Jack who's name i forget he died a couple years back. Robie i don't think acts anymore and i dunno about the dude who played Ryan. i forget the guy's name who came in the last season to be honest.

darkshadows38

Reaction score
Medals
i was just looking at my stats here and it just dawned on me that i've been on here for no joke 15 years now! man it sure doesn't feel like it.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Does anyone know where I could watch this?

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
I've never gotten around to seeing FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES, but I assume it's similar to TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE, which I own the complete series of.