Happy Birthday Happy Birthday James from London

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
1605986878023.png

I should've remembered -- his birthday is very close to mine...

Reactions: Ome

James from London

Telly Talk 20+ Years
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
That was incredibly fantastic, I never knew this existed. Wow!
It's never occurred to me to watch it because all I've heard for years is how crap it is, but maybe I should give it ago ...

..... time dissolve ...

... You're right, it's good fun! (so long as you scroll past Noel Edmonds).
What brought it all about? I never watched the House Party show, and the only thing I could think of was something like Children in Need.

You're right, it was a Children in Need thing. It was the first time Doctor Who had been on TV for about four years so fans were incredibly excited about it ... and then incredibly angry when they actually saw it.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
It was also the year of Doctor Who’s thirtieth anniversary. Plans for a thirtieth anniversary story, The Dark Dimension, had been cancelled. Tom Baker was supposed to have starred in that, with other Doctors making only brief appearances. Which didn’t go down well with Jon Pertwee or Colin Baker! But that was cancelled because of costing thingies.

Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy then made the non-Doctor Who story, The Airzone Solution. All four leads were also in The Zero Imperative, which began a series of adventures for former companion Liz Shaw (Caroline John). Mark Gatiss wrote and appeared in The Zero Imperative and was surprised when Jon Pertwee praised the script.

Noel Edmonds is supposed to have asked for Dimensions in Time to have been shortened, so some fans loved and hated him for that. Lis Sladen was ill at the time of recording.
Sam West is in it with Kate O’Mara. His father, Timothy, later became a regular on EastEnders.

And the Mandy/Big Ron choice was a fix.
9A8B14F7-5D38-4690-ACC6-1A669F698321.jpeg

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
It was also the year of Doctor Who’s thirtieth anniversary. Plans for a thirtieth anniversary story, The Dark Dimension, had been cancelled. Tom Baker was supposed to have starred in that with other Doctors making brief appearances. Which didn’t go down well with Jon Pertwee! But that was cancelled because of costing thingies.

Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy then made the non-Doctor Who story, The Airzone Solution. All four leads were also in The Zero Imperative, which began a series of adventures for former companion Liz Shaw (Caroline John).

Noel Edmonds is supposed to have asked for Dimensions in Time to have been shortened, so some fans loved and hated him for that. Lis Sladen was ill at the time of recording.
E458D7DB-B0E9-4995-AA9E-20CCA58A16D2.jpeg

Reactions: Ome