Happy Birthday, Victoria, on Wednesday...!

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Happy Birthday Victoria. :)
I hope you will have a great year.

Also I think I speak for all of us when I say that we would all love to see you take part in something Dallas related this year with it being the 40th anniversary of the show. So if there will be a fan event or something to celebrate it I hope you will be included/want to participate.

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Happy birthday to our admired, beloved and always controversial Victoria Principal, whose birthday she will celebrate today January 3rd.

Let´s remember some things she said in all these years (not as many as some might assure...):

"I did not fully appreciate what was going to happen to me emotionally when I agreed to do the (2004) reunion. When we landed, I wanted to drive through the city. I was startled to find myself crying. I didn't know that I had missed Dallas. I didn't know the skyline was so imprinted in my heart. One memory kept bumping into another.
upload_2018-1-3_14-59-24.jpeg

"It was just a flood of wonderment and memories, and finally, for me, something that I didn't know I needed, which was closure. I have never been unappreciative. I just did what was necessary to go forward. But I don't need to distance myself from Dallas anymore. I'm so far beyond that now."

upload_2018-1-3_14-59-44.jpeg

"I was feeling limited by the Pam role and it wasn´t just my part but my whole career. So I had to distance myself from her...I loved Pam as a character the first 5 years of Dallas. As the years went by and JR became more and more utterly evil, the writers chose to make Pam more and more utterly good. By the time I left at the end of year 9, the only thing left to do was to become Mother Teresa. I have fond and loving memories of Pam, playing her changed my life!”

"Maybe my greatest fear in life is not to be challenged, is to grow weary of life, and not to be passionate about it."

"I wanted to name it (her skincare line) Victoria's Secret but that name was already taken."

Blast from the Past:

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
More quotes from VP:

"There came a moment in my life when I realized that I had stepped into another part of my life. I used to walk into a room full of people and think, do they like me? And one day I walk in and I thought, do I like them?"

upload_2018-1-3_15-19-33.jpeg

"When women work together, it's a bond unlike any other."

"I try to treat people the way I would like to be treated, but I can't worry about what everyone's going to think."

Photo from 2001.
"Success doesn't mean that you are healthy, success doesn't mean that you're happy, success doesn't mean that you're rested. Success really doesn't mean that you look good, or feel good, or are good"

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
And now, for a few good interviews:

(Pre-Dallas)

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
More videos from the "Dallas" vintage years:

Ms. Principal has "kindly" insisted in me also posting the latter video as a sort of "public service" to the fandom. Thanks, Victoria. What would we do without you (at least Miss Piggy!)?

Balena

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Wow, those old pics from the 70s are so lovely... You can see clearly what a natural beauty Victoria Principal was - with her un-operated nose! She definitely did not need all that plastic surgery... Oh well.
Happy belated birthday anyway! :)