Have I Been Banned?

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...from starting new threads in certain forums? Did I do something wrong? If I did, I can't imagine what was my transgression.

I just noticed that when I visit certain forums, eg. US Politics, Headline News, Celebrity Scuttlebutt, the Post New Thread button isn't there so I'm no longer able to start a new discussion. It appears as normal in some of the forums, eg. Dallas - Original Series, Notable TV and Falcon Crest.

I'm using the Microsoft Edge browser but I've also noticed the same issue with Google Chrome.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Hi @Angela Channing.

You certainly haven't been banned from posting in those threads. I always enjoy your contributions.

For some reason, the blue Post New Thread button is at the BOTTOM of the page in the areas you mentioned, rather than the top. If you go into the forum and scroll to the bottom you will hopefully see it there. If not let me know.

I'm not sure of the reason behind this quirk, but will see if we can do something to get them consistent in due course.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Not to the very best of my knowledge @Angela Channing - let us look into this.

Hi @Angela Channing.

You certainly haven't been banned from posting in those threads. I always enjoy your contributions.

For some reason, the blue Post New Thread button is at the BOTTOM of the page in the areas you mentioned, rather than the top. If you go into the forum and scroll to the bottom you will hopefully see it there. If not let me know.

I'm not sure of the reason behind this quirk, but will see if we can do something to get them consistent in due course.
Thank you both for looking into this. I didn't think to look at the bottom of the page as I always expect to see the button in the same place in the top right. I'll look more closely next time before I jump to conclusions.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you both for looking into this. I didn't think to look at the bottom of the page as I always expect to see the button in the same place in the top right. I'll look more closely next time before I jump to conclusions.

Oh whew. I'm glad it's there for you. Have fun thread-starting, Angela. :hat:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I had noticed that the "Start New Thread" button had moved in other forums too, I cant remember which now though.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Have most of you forgotten the forums were stripped back in February of this year?

JR's Son

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
welcome back @Angela Channing

I remember the old days of Soapchat, and could go into the depths, and through doors to another chat room, and peps talking and not communicate with us but we were all in the same place. Those were the days :eyes:

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
welcome back @Angela Channing

I remember the old days of Soapchat, and could go into the depths, and through doors to another chat room, and peps talking and not communicate with us but we were all in the same place. Those were the days :eyes:
I hadn't actually gone anyway, I was just trying to post in the US politics thread.

I remember the days when you could create chat rooms and have discussions with other forum members, I remember having several chats with you.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I remember the day you jogged past Larry Hagman in London and we appeared on Loose Lips together...

Ah I’m digressing again. I’m like the Dame Vera Lynn of Soapchat ❤️ @Angela Channing

Memories my friend ❤️

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember the day you jogged past Larry Hagman in London and we appeared on Loose Lips together...

Ah I’m digressing again. I’m like the Dame Vera Lynn of Soapchat ❤️ @Angela Channing

Memories my friend ❤️
You appeared on Loose Lips, I just danced in the audience. The producer came up to me afterwards to compliment me on my dancing :eck:. It was lovely to finally meet you afterwards, especially because at the time we were involved in so many lengthy conversations on here about Sue Ellen and Mandy.

As you're reminiscing, so will I and I'm straying well off topic. The most memorable posts I've ever read on this forum in the 20 years I been posting on here was the one you wrote describing the time you first met Linda Gray. It was so detailed, passionate and emotional that the memory of it has stuck with me and it left me feeling so happy for you that you got the opportunity.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember the days when you could create chat rooms and have discussions with other forum members
You can still do that with the "conversations".

I was invited to a Friends Of Dorothy chatroom (I thought it was a reference to Dorothy Zbornak!) but once I got in I didn't really see the point of it. I signed up to talk about soaps, not gay stuff - and there are forums where we can discuss gay(-related) topics, with everyone, not just a small group of forum members.

I'm not afraid to be banned because I've got enough bonus points and medals to bribe management.
Besides, I'm having the dirt on everyone here and you really don't want me as your villain. :pals:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Aw thanks @Angela Channing - of course you appeared too - as the dancing pro.

Proud to have known you this long.

And thanks for saying that about my Linda post and meeting her. That means a lot, and I’m touched you remember that post. I have the photo of me and Linda together right here - post my crying ❤️ It truly was one of the most memorable and special moments I’ve ever had.

Here’s to many more memories ❤️

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
You can still do that with the "conversations".

I was invited to a Friends Of Dorothy chatroom (I thought it was a reference to Dorothy Zbornak!) but once I got in I didn't really see the point of it. I signed up to talk about soaps, not gay stuff - and there are forums where we can discuss gay(-related) topics, with everyone, not just a small group of forum members.

I'm not afraid to be banned because I've got enough bonus points and medals to bribe management.
Besides, I'm having the dirt on everyone here and you really don't want me as your villain. :pals:
The chat rooms were different as they was real time chat, a bit like skype without video. The current conversations feature is similar but are more like an email exchange between participants.

I don't remember the Friends of Dorothy chatroom, I never got invited, maybe because I was more of a friend of Sophia.

If Angela Channing gets banned, I'll return as Charles Kingsfield!

Last edited:

JR's Son

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hadn't actually gone anyway, I was just trying to post in the US politics thread.

I remember the days when you could create chat rooms and have discussions with other forum members, I remember having several chats with you.

Those were the days Marko,

here is my treasure still,

how I turned up at the Stars day in Western Australia,

and JR signed my South Fork Cook Book:

20200704_210743.jpg

He was blowing his nose and using a tissue all the time I was there,

and only greeted us with a knuckle fist hit for contact.